/4

A Dumb Girl From North Korea~

 

 

Sungmi P.O.V

 

~Flashback~

 

“Thanks for everything,” my father said and gave the driver his hand. The driver nodded and looked around.

“Now, hurry… as soon as the sun rises you can be seen,” he whispered and lightly pushed my dad around. Sungmin took my hand, dad took my mothers and we all started running against the mountains the driver had pointed against.

“Look… Sungmin… if something- happens- to me- and your mother- save- your sister!” my dad ordered while we were running. It made Sungmin stop and turn around with me flying with his powerful move. He saved me from falling though.

“No! Nothing will happen to any of you if you just follow me!” he said and took mums hand in his free. He looked at me.

“Get on my back,” he said. I shook my head. I could run! I wasn’t a little girl anymore.

“Just do as your brother says,” dad told me, “it’s not time to think of pride right now!” I didn’t thought of my pride! I thought of my brother! He would get tired before if he had to carry me! Sungmin sighed and with one arm he swung me over his shoulder and started running again with my mum and dad. I kept hitting his back. Why wouldn’t he put me down?

 

“Shh!” Sungmin mumbled and held a hand against my mouth. Tsch… like I could say anything anyway… at this point, we laid in the mountains, mum and dad in a bush on the other side of the little road. Some militaries were on their way up. We had seen them in last minute and Sungmin just pushed us all down in the bushes. They were almost in front of us… five feet. Four feet… three… two… and then…

“Atchu!” I heard my mum sneeze. Everything in my entire body stiffened as the men stopped.

“There is someone hiding in the bushes. Lee, check it!” one said. The man in charge… Sungmin looked at me.

“Not a word!” he mouthed. Again… like I could! I looked through the bushes on the other side. I could see a bit between the men’s boots. A second later the man, Lee, came back with my mum and dad. I could scream. The man in charge smirked.

“Now now… what does we have here?” I bit my lip. Sungmin’s hand closed around of mine and squeezed it.

“I asked… who are you?” the man said a bit harder.

“My name is…” at that point my brother got up and walked out. I just lay frozen back. “Mum, dad! I told you not to run away!” he scolded, and then he looked at the men.

“I’m sorry. They are a bit… crazy. I went to buy some bread an hour ago and when I came back they were gone. Forgive them,” he said. What was he doing!?! He was signing his own death!

“And who are you?” the man in charge asked. I sank. That was it… they were death…

“My name is Choi Dongho. I’m living alone with my parents in the village in the end of the mountain,” he pointed. I saw my mum and dad look frightened at each other. Why did Sungmin do this?

“You aren’t… I mean… sir, he aren’t!” one of the other militaries said.

“I am!” Sungmin insisted. The man shook his head.

“Sir, I grew up in that village. I have never seen him and everybody down there knows each other. I haven’t seen the parents either!”  The man in charge smirked and looked at Sungmin.

“So you’re lying?”

 

~End Of Flashback~

 

“Sungmi? Hello, Sungmi! You’re okay?” I opened my eyes and saw Donghae’s worried face as the first. I nodded slowly and sat up. What happened? I looked around. Everybody looked worried at me.

“Here,” Ryeowook handed me a class of water, “drink!” I took it to my lips and drank. It all ran down without problems…

“Are you okay Sungmi?” Leeteuk asked. I nodded as a lie. I had nausea. Really, it felt like I was going to vomit… I got up and ran against the bathroom before anybody could stop me. I got on knees in front of the toilet just as the whole dinner came up. Disgusting…

 

Donghae P.O.V

 

“Hey, Hae?” Eunhyuk’s voice said behind me. I turned around.

“N-neh?” he smiled one of his gummy smiles.

“Why did you eat with us today? What did she say?” he leaned on the doorframe. I hesitated and looked around. No one here…

“We are family… you are my family,” I said and, turned around and opened the door to my room before he could say anything. I went to my bed and sat down. What a day…

 

“Donghae… Donghae, we have to get up now,” Leeteuk’s gently voice said while shaking my shoulders. I opened my eyes and looked at him. He smiled a bit.

“You’re awake,” obviously… I nodded and sat up.

“How are Sungmi today?” I asked, remembering last night. Leeteuk smiled.

“She is okay. She was the one who made breakfast! Come on, before they eat it all!” I fast pulled on a t-shirt and some pants and followed Leeteuk to the kitchen where the others sat and ate. Sungmi looked up at me with a smile.

“Feeling good?” I asked. She nodded and handed me a bowl with rice. “Thanks,” I sat down. She smiled again. She was actually really cute to look at! I wish I could talk some more to her… it was just hard since… well, she didn’t say much. Or write.

“What are people going to do today?” Yesung asked. Leeteuk found the iPad all the schedules were noted down on.

“In the morning we have dance practice again, afternoon meeting with the other artists about NYC,” we all nodded. A phone suddenly started vibrating in someone’s pocket and I saw Sungmin jump up in surprise, which made all of us laugh. So funny! She found her phone and looked at the screen, then showed it to the nearest; Kyuhyun. He laughed.

“It’s a text Sungmi. Here, let me show you,” she handed him the phone and he started telling her what to do. Eunhyuk sent me a smile and thumbs up. I looked confused at him.

“What?” I asked. He just kept smiling.

“It’s just nice to see you laugh and look happy at home again,” he said. I bit my lip. I was happy… I sent Sungmi a gaze…. And I think it was thanks to her.

 

Sungmi P.O.V

 

Okay… after Kyuhyun had explained it all to me, I understood it. Lucky, that I was one of those persons who only needed to hear things once to understand and remember. It was often a good thing.

“What was it that your manager wanted you to remember to bring today?” Kyuhyun asked me curious in the car. I found my little bag, opened it and pulled out a notebook. Yes, a notebook.

“A notebook? Don’t he have things you can write in?” Eunhyuk asked. I nodded and flipped the page to the first side and showed the title I’d written years ago.

“Poetry and music?” he asked. I nodded. “You are a poet?” Yesung now asked. I shrugged and smiled.

“Composer maybe?” Ryeowook asked, “since it’s poetry and music!” I bit my lip.

“Have you never really talked?” Shindong asked me. I nodded.

“You have? What happened!?” Donghae asked. I sighed and found another notebook and wrote some lines. I handed the book to Kyuhyun and let him read.

“I went to an accident three years ago where I lost my voice…” he read, then looked at me, “really?”

“What kind of accident?” Leeteuk asked. I sighed and took the notebook back to answer.

“You got hit by a car?” Eunhyuk said. He had read over my shoulder. I nodded and sighed again.

“How bad was it?” Henry asked. I looked at him. “Very bad,” he concluded. I nodded.

“We’re here!” the driver said before anybody could say anything more. The van stopped and we got out, I putted the notebooks back in my bag and took it over my shoulder. We hurried into the building where Sangkyu-ssi waited for me. He smiled.

“You got my text?” he said. I nodded and saw the Super Junior boys wave at me and then disappear. I smiled a bit and looked back at Sangkyu. He started walking and made sign for me to follow.

 

“This is really amazing Sungmi! You really wrote this?” Sangkyu said after sitting with my old notebook for two hours and analyzed while he let me play at an electronic piano. I turned around and nodded.

“Without any kind of help?” he asked. I nodded again and smiled mild. I’d always showed it to my mum after that so she could sing while I played. She had the most beautiful voice…

“It’s amazing Sungmi. Really, it is. Is it okay if I take some copies of it?” he looked expectant at me. I nodded slowly.

“Great! Now, let me follow you to the cantina. Super Junior has a break before their meeting so you can stay with them,” he got up and I got up too. I followed him through some corridors, an elevator and some more corridors before we were there. When he opened the door I saw a lot more than just the ten members from Super Junior I’d met. Both boys and girls sat mixed between each other, lauging and talking. It seemed so free! I looked at Sangkyu. He smiled.

“I should maybe had told you this yesterday but… in your phone, I’ve installed a program that’ll say what you write. Find it and use it when you wanna say something,” he winked, “have a good lunch!” and then he was gone. Great~

“Sungmi! What are you doing here?” a voice yelled over all the noise. I looked against it and saw Eunhyuk wave at me. I sighed in relief, waved back while shrugging. Some of the other human-being persons turned their heads against me. I recognized some of the girls while others confused me. And then there were some other boys too! >.<’ I got a headache.

“Come and sit down Sungmi!” Leeteuk said and smiled while nodding against an empty chair at his table. I walked to it while feeling a lot of eyes on me. I wasn’t used to all that attention so my legs immediately started shaking while I walked and I was afraid that I maybe would fall… fantastic feeling, right?

“Auw, Sungmi is nervous!” Sungmin exclaimed. I smiled a bit and sat down.

“How was your meeting? Did your manager see the poems or what it was?” Leeteuk asked. I nodded and smiled a bit bigger.

“Poems?” a guy who reminded me a bit about Donghae asked. Leeteuk nodded. “Yeah… seems like she is writing poems and music,” he said. I blushed and looked down. Still felt the eyes on me…

“Sungmi, let me present you! All those people are members of different groups in SM!” Donghae said. I looked at him and he started telling me names while pointing around. I nodded slowly.

“Why doesn’t she say anything? Is she that shy?” a girl asked. Donghae smiled.

“That is SNSD’s Jessica,” he told me before looking at her, “she can’t talk Jess. She lost her voice in an accident,” I bit my lip. Now they defiantly all looked at me.

“Then… why is she working for SM? Doesn’t she need a voice here?” another girl asked. Donghae had presented her… I think it was Yoona… or Yuri?.

“She has amazing pianoskills!” Kyuhyun said from her table and looked at me, “will you play a bit for us? We have a piano over there,” he pointed. I looked against it and made big eyes. Did they have pianos everywhere in this building?!

“Oh yeah, please play!” Ryeowook said and looked at me with nig begging eyes. I smiled a bit. Should I?

“You don’t have to if you don’t want to,” a soft voice said. I looked up and saw Donghae’s smiling face. I smiled back and nodded. I wanted… but what should I play?

“Can you play after chords?” A blond guy, one Donghae still hadn’t got to say the name of, asked. I nodded.

“That’s Taemin. He is the maknae of SHINee,” Leeteuk said. I smiled and got up. I could play after chords… but why should I when I could do it without? This was the last song I learned… mum had got the chords from a traveler. I took a deep breath and started playing…

A/N: Hello~ 
I'm so sorry for not updating! The last days have been in a kind of a mess. 
Please, comment on the chapter! :D
//Miji96