/15

A Dumb Girl From North Korea~

 

3rd Person P.O.V

 

It had been a week since the spoon incident and the other members hearing Leeteuk’s theory. Sungmi’s fingers were healed again and she had started playing piano again + composing in secret. She didn’t want anybody to know that she did it, not even her manager. She had also been very much alone in her room when she was at home, thinking about the conversation she ears dropped. She had no idea about what to do. She really had tried to come up with something but everything she ever was taught about love was, that she had to choose her better half with both heart and brain. Why she was told that, she had no idea about. Her father had never told her more than that since in his world, no one was good enough for his little girl.

Donghae was the only one in the dorm who didn’t knew that everybody ‘knew’ that he was in love with Sungmi. The day after the spoon-argue he had held Kyuhyun back and apologized for his way to act. Of course, Kyuhyun had just smiled and said it was okay. He was happy that his hyung finally seemed to find his way back.

 

“Leeteuk, is Sungmi in her room?” Sangkyu asked as he entered the kitchen. He was in an amazing mood and that was obvious. Leeteuk nodded.

“She is. Why? You look really happy!” The leader laid the iPad with all the schedules on the kitchen table and looked curious at Sungmi’s manager. Sangkyu send Leeteuk a smile.

“Sungmi got asked to play piano at tomorrow’s Inkigayo. Leeteuk, it could be her debut!” he said and the leader gaped.

“She… what!? Is going to debut? Already?!” he smiled, “has she even recorded one of her songs yet?!” Sangkyu nodded.

“We recorded it three days ago and SM send it out. Inkigayo needs someone to play since they needs someone to be on stage in some minutes... Leeteuk, it’s her change to shine!” Leeteuk nodded.

“Go to her! Talk to her!” he said, “I really hope that she will do it. I want to hear her play!” Sangkyu nodded.

“Wish me good luck!” he chuckled as he left the kitchen and went to knock on Sungmi’s door. Just one problem… she didn’t answer by hitting the wall as usually and when the manager slowly opened the door after some minutes there were no sign of the young pianist.

 

Donghae P.O.V

 

“Here you go,” I said and send her a nervous smile as I handed her the hot chocolate. Yes, her! Sungmi! She had come to me an hour ago and asked if I had time to talk. I had agreed and we went to a little street café that not many knew about. I sat down as Sungmi found her notebook and handed it to me. I took it and looked nervous at her as she lifted the hot chocolate with both hands and started drinking, avoiding my gaze. I sighed and started reading.

I heard a conversation between the members last week. About you. And me. They are sure that you like me because that you’ve changed a lot since I came. Sorry if this sounds selfish but I’ve been thinking really much about this since I heard it~ 

I stiffened and looked up from the book. She was still avoiding my gaze but I could see that she knew I was watching her ‘cause she started shaking a bit. I sank. The members had talked about this?! Had I changed that much? Was I that obvious?

Was I that obvious?

Okay, yes I liked her. I had realized it. It was hard for me to admit because I didn’t think I was able to fall in love at the time. But there just were this thing with Sungmi… I looked back at the book and read the last three sentences.

Do you like me? I… I don’t know much about liking someone and such. But do you like me?

 

Sungmi P.O.V

 

As soon as I gave Donghae the book I regretted what I wrote. It was too straight forward and… what if the members were wrong?! Then it would just become extremely awkward, really! I ran a big risk, doing this. I could end up losing a good friend…

“Sungmi…” Donghae handed me back the book. It was still open and now on a new page. He seemed to have written his answer. I looked at him before reading but he avoided me. I think he did the same as I did. I smiled a bit but sank when I looked back at the book and pulled it closer.

It frustrates me. Not you, but the fact the members seems to talk about us. About me. You don’t sound selfish, not at all. It can be hard to express yourself over text like this – I just realized it – and I am kind of happy that you decided to tell me about this. And as an answer to your question?

I’m sure that my heart just started beating faster.

Yes. I really do like you and I should have realized it before and been the one to confess. Sorry~

I looked up and saw him look at me like he tried to read my reaction. I bit my lip as he leaned against me. He laid his hand on the notebook and flipped to the next side where he had written one sentence.

Do you want to be my secret girlfriend?

I looked up. S-se-secret g-girlfriend?! What?! He smiled a bit.

“I know… it sounds a bit weird with the ‘secret’ thing. I’m just…” he hesitated, “I don’t want the members to know yet…” he mumbled, then his voice got more clear, “if I know them right, they’re going to try to get us together in a lot of weird ways…” Then he stopped and looked at me.

“O-o-only… of course… we w-won’t date i-if you say n-n-no…” he stuttered. I sank but shook my head.

“I-it’s a no?” he said a bit sad. I shook my head, took my pen and wrote a word that was clearly from him to see.

“It’s a yes?!” he whispered. I nodded and closed the book. I saw the smile forming on Donghae’s face. He really looked happy. It made me happy~ 

 

Kang Sungmin P.O.V

 

I had been living with Minrae and Bada for almost two weeks and learned fast that South Korea was much more free to live in. She treated me as a friend from first day, presented me to her family and even helped me to find a job as a dishwasher at a restaurant.

“Sungmin, we’re going to Seoul tomorrow!” Minrae announced a night when we were watching TV. I looked away from the TV.

“Why?” I asked surprised. Minrae smirked.

“When my family first came here, a family took care of us. That family still lives here or, their oldest son moved to Seoul and got a good job as a manager for the big company, SM Entertainment…” I nodded, not sure what to say. What exactly had this to do with me? Minrae chuckled.

“I just talked to Sangkyu earlier – that’s his name – and it seems like he now is managing a dumb girl, a pianist, who came from South Korea some months ago. I think you should come with me and check if I really found your sister…”

 

Sungmi P.O.V

 

“Kang Sungmi! Where have you been?!” Sangkyu almost yelled when I later entered the dorm alone. Donghae had another schedule so he drove me home on the way. I tilted my head. I had hung a post-it note on the fridge. Hadn’t they seen? I found my notebook and wrote that I had been out. He sighed and shook his head.

“You should learn to pick up your phone,” he mumbled, and then his face lightened. “Come with me! I have some big news!” I made big eyes and took off my shoes and followed him to the empty kitchen.

“Sit down,” he said and smiled to me. I nodded and sat on the nearest chair.

“Come closer!” he ordered, still smiling. I got up and found a chair nearer that one he sat on. He found opened his laptop, which stood on the desk and opened his mailbox. There was quiet a lot of text. I looked at Sangkyu’s shining face. Did he want me to read this?

“Do you know Inkigayo?” he asked. I nodded. I had heard he members mention it before. It was a music program, right?

“Well, it’s a music program,” he said, a bit unsure if I hundred percent knew. I nodded again.

“The PD have asked you to come as a guest tomorrow since they need something extra. Sungmi, it’s your change to debut as a pianist! It never happened before that there is going to be a debut-solo performance in Inkigayo! But they want YOU!” He seemed really happy. Really-really happy! I was gaping. They wanted me to play? Live?! What the…?!?! Should I do it?

“The PD wants an answer as soon as possible,” Sangkyu said. I could hear on him that he hoped that I would say yes. I took my decision and nodded.

“You’ll do it?!” he asked. I nodded again and sent him a smile.

 

Donghae didn’t ended his schedule before after midnight so I couldn’t tell him about tomorrow in person before going to bed. So I decided to text him when I was about to sleep. I smiled a bit. How should I write it? Kyuhyun had taught me a lot about using ‘smileys’ in a text. Which ones would be good?

 

To: Donghae Oppa~ 

: Oppa, I’m on my way to bed now. Just wanted to say good night :-)
Sangkyu was here when I came home today. He told me that I’m going to debut tomorrow! On Inkigayo! I’m nervous… but I also feel excited~ Sleep well. Goodnight! ;D

 

I read it through some times and decided that it was good enough.

 

A/N: I updated! :D And I think it's a good chapter... A lot happens :) 
I have some few ideas for the next so if I don't get too much homework I'm going to update within a few days.
Bye~