/17

A Dumb Girl From North Korea~

 

Sungmi P.O.V

 

Sangkyu, Minrae and Sungmin oppa ended up driving with me back to Super Junior dorms so my oppa could see where I’d lived the last couple of months.

“Guys, get together in the living room!” Eunhyuk yelled when we entered, “someon- something came up!” he looked at us and winked. Henry shook his head like something was terrible wrong with Eunhyuk. I had to agree with that~

“What is it hyung?!” Kyuhyun yelled, “I just-”

“Quit playing and come to that damn living room!” Heechul yelled, “I’m tired, I wanna sleep!” I looked at Sungmin oppa and sent him a smile.

“Do they always behave like that?” he whispered. I shrugged and and waved my hand saying ‘sometimes’. He nodded.

“Come,” Eunhyuk took Donghae’s arm and pulled him with to the living room. I chuckled soundlessly and looked after him before I made a gesture to my brother to come with us. Everybody sat in there looking against us.

“We saw you on screen tonight, you did great!” Leeteuk said when he saw me. Then he noticed the two ‘unknowns’ who had entered with me, the members and Sangkyu, “who are you?”

“Guys, this is Park Minrae and Kang Sungmin…” Sangkyu-ssi said, “Sungmin is yeah…” he looked at me.

“It’s Sungmi’s brother…” Yesung whispered concluding. I nodded.

 

Donghae P.O.V

 

There was an awkward silence for something that felt like a year. Then Leeteuk got up and went to Sungmin-ssi.

“It’s nice to meet you. I’m Park Jungsu but everybody calls me Leeteuk,” he said and held his hand against Sungmin. The poor guy looked nervous at Sungmi before he took Leeteuk’s hand and shake it.

“I’m Sungmin… are you the… the oldest? I mean… the one who-”

“I’m the leader of the group, yes,” Leeteuk hyung said, “and the oldest…” Sungmin nodded and looked at his sister. Sungmi smiled.

“I-I’ll make some tea…” Ryeowook said, got up and left the room.

“Come and sit down,” Leeteuk hyung made a gesture against the couch, “make yourself comfortable!” As we went to the couches and pillows on the floor, the only two who still stood there was Sungmin and his sister. Sungmi just looked at her brother, waiting for him to go but he didn’t look like he knew what to do.

“Sungmin, it’s okay… they won’t hurt you. They’re friends,” a girl voice said. Everybody looked against Minrae who sat on a pillow on the floor. Finally, Sungmin walked against her and sat down, not leaving any empty spot for his sister. She bit her lip and went to us, sat down in front of my feet, even without a pillow.

“Sungmi…” her brother said and sighed. She looked at him and tilted questing her head. Then she seemed to remember. She was on her way up when I laid a hand on her shoulder.

“What is it?” I asked and made her turn her head against me, “just sit down.”
“Sungmin, she has been living here for a while. I don’t think they look at her as some stranger. It’s okay,” Minrae-ssi said and looked Sungmin, “it’s okay…” Sungmin nodded hesitantly.

“Can you explain…?” Sangkyu asked as he looked at his ‘sister’. She nodded.

“In North Korea you have to sit close to your family when you are at a new place and as a younger person you have to be close to your elders. I think Sungmin forgot that his sister lives here and have done it for a while, right?” Sungmin-ssi nodded.

“It’s just weird… to be here…” he said, “and know… that my sister have been here, living with… men in all this time!” I looked down at Sungmi and saw that she had found her notebook and started writing.

“None of them have done anything to hurt her, right boys?” Sangkyu said, “you haven’t touched her or anything, have you?”

“No!”

“Of course not!”

“Hyung, how can you say such thing?!” Everybody seemed taken back by his words.

“Hyung, we sees her as our little sister,” Shindong said death-serious.

“Yeah! If anyone touched her, I would make sure he would lose a hand. Who could do anything to hurt her?” Sungmin – the member! – said serious. Someone poke my knee and I looked down and saw Sungmi reach her notebook against me. It seemed like she wrote a lot.

“Guys, Sungmi has something to say,” I said and got everyones attention before I started reading out loud what she wrote.

“Oppa… none of the boys ever hurt me. They have treated me like family since I came from the cloaks and ran into Kyuhyun oppa and Donghae oppa. They’ve given me a room, a phone, a change to live, as long as I just helped with cooking and cleaning. I even went to New York with them and after that, on a vacation with Leeteuk oppa and Donghae oppa. Don’t say such things. They’ll never hurt me…” I looked up and against her brother. He had been looking at his sister as I had reading out loud.

“Y…you’re happy now?” he asked. She nodded with out hesitation.

 

3rd Person P.O.V

 

“Do you plan… do you plan to stay?” The brother asked his sister. This time Sungmi hesitated and looked around at her new brothers. Her gaze ended at Donghae behind her. He bit her lip as she reached out for the notebook Donghae still sat with. She had to chose her words in the right way, trying not to hurt people she cared about. She could feel her boyfriend - she could use that word now, right? – bend a bit over her so he could follow every single letter she wrote. When she finished she slightly turned her head and looked at Donghae. He smiled a bit as she gave him the book.

“What… what does it say?” Ryeowook said. He had been back for some minutes but no one had really noticed neither him or the tea. Donghae took a deep breath before reading the words.

“Yes. I just debutated for SM, I can’t let them down. I also feel it’s a great opportunity to try something different. Oppa, I’m sorry. I can’t go with you…” Donghae looked up, “…but don’t think at me. Find your own happiness. You deserve it,” he smiled lightly to Sungmi’s brother who sad stiffened.

“You… you chose… them?” he whispered which made Sungmi stiffen. She had completely forgotten how easily jealous her brother could be in such situations and how easy he misunderstood. She shook her head, took the book from Donghae and hurriedly wrote some words but this time Leeteuk spoke.

“Sungmin-ssi, I don’t think you shall think of it that way. Sungmi just started her career here, and it’ll be a shame to let a talent like hers be hidden,” he said which made the brother stare at the leader.

“So you only want her to stay because of her talent?!”

“O-of course not!” Leeteuk said a bit surprised, “I’m just saying-”

“The only thing you said was that it’ll be a shame to waste her talent! Do you know what she wants?!”

“Do YOU know what she wants?!” Heechul exclaimed, tired of Sungmi’s brother. How could that silent and sweet girl have a brother like him?!

“I…”

“I thought so! Try to listen to her! Didn’t she just say that she WANTED to stay?! Huh?!” Heechul crossed his arms. Sungmin – the brother – looked at his sister.

“Do you really want this? Stay with them?!” he asked. Sungmi nodded and went to her brother with the notebook. She had taken it back from Donghae between all the yelling and written something. She let her brother read it.

 

A/N: OTL
This chapter , I know xD But yeah... Hope you enjoyed it anyway~