/14

A Dumb Girl From North Korea~

 

Lee Sungmin

 

When we were eating dinner I closely observed Donghae and Sungmi. I had overheard Eunhyuk and Leeteuk’s conversation yesterday and now I had decided to keep an eye on them by myself. Since I now knew, it was kind of obvious that Donghae had a thing for Sungmi. But, I wasn’t sure if we – or Leeteuk and Eunhyuk – should try to interfere too much. There were feelings in this and if they ended up by hurting either Sungmi or Donghae in the progress it wouldn’t be good. Even when I knew that they only wanted Donghae and Sungmi the best.

“Sungmin hyung, can you hand me the soya?” Henry asked and pulled me out of my own thoughts. I nodded and did it before I looked against Donghae again. He sat between Eunhyuk and Zhou Mi, laughing of one of Eunhyuk’s jokes.

“Hey Sungmi? Can’t you get me a spoon?” Kyuhyun asked from my side. Sungmi nodded and was on her way up when Donghae interrupted.

“Sungmi, Kyuhyun can get the spoon by himself. He has just as long to the drawer as you do,” he said and sent Kyuhyun a gaze.

“She agreed hyung!” Kyuhyun muttered, “if she doesn’t want to then she can just shake her head!”

“Like she would,” Donghae said, “she is way to grateful towards us to say no! And don’t talk to me like that!” I made big eyes. Donghae just… started arguing? I could see that the others were shocked too; Sungmi just sat in her seat not knowing what to do.

“Hyung, it was just a spoon!” Kyuhyun said, “what’s the big deal!?”

“The big deal is that you treat her like a slave sometimes Kyu! Is that a way to treat people who is older than you!?” Okay stop… WHAT HAPPENED HERE!?! I wouldn’t wonder if Donghae jumped up and hit the table right now. He looked pissed… all over a spoon!? Or… was it over Sungmi?

“Yah Lee Donghae. Calm down, I’m sure Kyuhyun didn’t meant it that way!” Leeteuk ordered – finally. Donghae looked at him.

“Hyung, it isn’t okay to order people around like that! And especially not your olders!”

“Donghae, if you think treating your olders properly is an important thing, then stop it! I’m older than you and I order you to calm down!” It kind of surprised me that Leeteuk was the first person who got up and hit the table.

“But hyung-”

“No buts Lee Donghae! You overreacted this and now you’re going to apologize to Kyuhyun and get over it!” I looked at Kyuhyun. He still seemed a bit overheated but in shock also. I think it was his first time ever seeing Donghae like this. Last time I saw him act this way was just after we had our debut. Someone suddenly stood between me and Kyuhyun and poked his shoulder. Both of us turned around and saw Sungmi stand there with a spoon. She held it against Kyuhyun and bowed her head slightly with a little smile.

“T-thank you Sungmi…” Kyuhyun said and took it, “sorry if-” she shook her head like saying that it was okay. Then she turned around and left the kitchen. I looked back at Donghae. He got up and left the kitchen too, probably to go to his room. I sighed and Kyuhyun looked at Leeteuk.

“Hyung… what happened to Donghae?”

 

3rd Person P.O.V

 

Sungmi had gone to her room after leaving the table. She didn’t like the way the guys were fighting over such a silly thing as a spoon. It wouldn’t take her a minute to get it so why make such a big deal over it? She sat down and found the little bag she had with her stuff from North Korea. In it she found the family-picture they had taken a year ago, standing in front of their old piano. Her parents and brothers smiling faces made the tears come. Why? Why them? Why should they… separate so early? Die and be taken by the army? And then here she was. Caught in South Korea with a world famous group that seemed to protect her but still fought over her. It didn’t felt right. She didn’t want it to happen! They were family, Super Junior. And family shouldn’t fight this way.

While Sungmi was crying in her room, Donghae was in his, laying on his bed, listening to music. Why? Why him?! Why should this happen? Of course, it wasn’t his intention to act like that in front of Kyuhyun. Every word just slipped and he couldn’t stop them! He truly felt bad for yelling of Kyuhyun but wouldn’t it… be kind of embarrassing for him just to walk back and say sorry and afterwards go back to his room? It would…

In the kitchen, the rest of the members still tried to understand why Donghae acted that way. Eunhyuk and Leeteuk exchanged gazes as Sungmin saw too. They all seemed to think of why, but would it be a good idea to tell the members about Donghae’s feelings? Even if they seemed clear to Leeteuk – and maybe Eunhyuk – Sungmin wasn’t sure on how he should stop the two of them. If they first started, the group would be too curious and find out the rest in no time.

“So… Donghae finally seem to be loosening up, right?” Kyuhyun asked. The members nodded. Kyuhyun hesitated. He had been thinking on this for a while.

“Could it… could it be because of Sungmi?”

 

Eunhyuk P.O.V

 

I stiffened when Kyuhyun asked that question and looked against Leeteuk immediately. We had agreed not to tell the members yet about our thoughts but now… was we forced to tell them? Leeteuk sent me a gaze saying “keep silent!” and so I did.

“W-why should it be because of Sungmi?” Sungmin asked and looked at Kyuhyun, “is it because they seem to be good friends?” Kyuhyun nodded.

“Eunhyuk, didn’t you mention it once!? Donghae seems much happier when Sungmi is around!” Shindong said and looked at me. I stiffened… Had I… I had!?!? Yes… back when… just before we should perform in NYC, and Sangkyu hyung had told the three of us – me, Leeteuk and Shindong – that Sungmi was coming too. After he left we had talked about Donghae being happier when…

“Yeah… it was just a theory I had,” I said and bit my lip, looking against Leeteuk again.

“And now he kind of over-defended her, didn’t he?” Kyuhyun then asked. Some of the members nodded.

“Wait… does hyung maybe… like Sungmi?” Henry asked and tilted his head, “I mean… he seems to have changed a lot since she came and he defends her pretty much. Also, in NYC he was the one who ran after her and… he held his arm around her…” I kept starring at Leeteuk now. The others seemed to agree on Henry and Kyuhyun’s words. Damn it, maknaes!

 

Sungmi P.O.V

 

I stood stiffened right before the door to the kitchen. I had been on my way to the bathroom when I passed it and heard them mention Donghae and me.

“…held his arm around her…” I heard Henry finish. I made big eyes. Did… did it… what? I remembered it. When Donghae came to me after I saw my brother on television. It did feel nice that he held me, it really did. But… wasn’t it just because of friendship? I heard Leeteuk sigh really loud and I think he did it to get attention.

“Hyuk, sorry but… I don’t think we can keep it from them more,” I heard him say.

“Hyung!”

“Sorry. Guys, I’ve been observing Donghae and Sungmi for some weeks now… and I came to the conclusion that… I think he is in love with her…”

 

A/N: Okay, guys, I know that this – especially the ending – isn’t well-written and such, but it have been weeks since I last updated! I’m so sorry >///<’ I’ve been updating more on the other story since it’s a bit about the real me and my friends… but not much more.
I kind of lack in inspiration right now + I had exams last week (I ended up with pretty good grades! :D) but I try to get back as soon as possible. Please, answer the poll vv’