/3

A Dumb Girl From North Korea~

 

 

Sungmi P.O.V

 

“Those two… I’m sorry that they interrupted,” the man said. I just smiled and made a ‘it’s okay’ sign with my hand.

“Can you play one more time? Another song?” he asked. I nodded, placed my fingertips at the tangents. I took a deep breath before I started playing. Halfway we got interrupted, again, this time of Lee Sooman-ssi. Both me and the man bowed when we saw him, he just smiled.

“I just passed the room and couldn’t avoid the sounds. You play beautifully Sungmi-ssi,” he said. I smiled and bowed my head to receive the compliment.

“She could end up being really good. As in really, really good,” the man said. Sooman-ssi nodded.

“She already is really, really good. She could be amazing! Sungmi, what did you use to work with in Sinuiji?” he asked. I looked around, but the man handed me the blackboard and chalk. I smiled and wrote the two words.

“Cook and clean? Really?” Sooman asked surprised. I nodded. “Did you… maybe cook and clean for many people?” he asked. I made big eyes. Why did he ask that? I nodded hesitantly. I did…

“Well, Super Junior’s maid just quit… what would you say to get to live with them, help with the cooking and cleaning, and then play piano for us?” he said. I gaped. I just… got a job? Here? Really? Could it be that easy? I mean… I came from North! How could it be possible that I got a job that easy?

 

“Guys, come here! I have some news!” their manager yelled. I looked at the man I’d talked to earlier. Seemed like he was going to be my manager… his name was Park Sangkyu and he had earlier worked a short period with a girl called BoA or something…

“What is it?” Leeteuk-ssi asked when they all were here.

“Hi Sungmi!” Kyuhyun said. I smiled and waved my hand.

“What is she doing here?” Yesung-ssi asked.

“She is going to live with you guys… she is your new maid but beside that, she is going to work for SM as pianist!” all the guys looked at me.

“Maid?” Ryeowook asked, “you can clean and cook?” I nodded and smiled a bit.

“It’s Lee Sooman’s decision. Please, treat her well,” Sangkyu-ssi said. The boys nodded.

“Wait… she is going to live with us?” Leeteuk asked and lifted an eyebrow. Their manager nodded.

“She’ll get the empty room. The room none of you wants,” he smiled mild. The guys hung their heads… why didn’t they want the room? Was there something wrong with it?

“What about clothes and stuff for her?” Yesung asked.

“We’ll get some clothes in the start for her. There already is both a desk, a bed and a wardrobe in there and that should be good enough for a start,” Sangkyu said. I nodded. It was.

 

3rd Person P.O.V

 

“This is your new room,” Sangkyu told Sungmi when he opened the door into the old room, “I’m sorry that it’s a bit… dusty,” Sungmi just smiled and went to the bed. It looked good in her eyes. She finally got her own room, a place she had alone. Not something she should share with her brother… she sank by the thoughts. No… right now, she would rather share the room with her brother than be in this foreign country alone. She wasn’t all alone… the boys had been really nice to her since the first second, but still… knowing that she never would hear her fathers ridiculous funny laugh, play piano with her mother or fool around with Sungmin oppa again, hurt. She had tried to push anything away the last couple of days… since she saw it happen actually…

“…need anything you- Are you even listening right now Sungmi?” Sangkyu looked at the girl. She was starring out of the window. She turned around and looked embarrassed.

“We should try to learn how to communicate without words,” Leeteuk suddenly said behind the manager. He smiled a bit and looked around in the room. He sighed and looked at Sangkyu.

“You can leave if you want to. We’ll take care of her for now,” he said. Sangkyu nodded and went to Sungmi while he found something in his pocket. He handed a medium size box to her.

“Open it,” he said and smiled. She curious took of the lid and took out a… a phone?

“You can use it to text me when you need me. The boys will learn you how,” Sangkyu said. Leeteuk turned around and went to the room he shared with Donghae. Today, Donghae laid listened to music. Leeteuk sighed. He had promised Donghae’s father to take care of Donghae but how should he? Donghae maybe seemed to be fine, just a bit quiet and shy type, but everybody in the dorm knew that Donghae still was hurt.

 

Sungmi P.O.V

 

“Can you get the others out here?” Ryeowook-ssi asked me when we just had finished cooking. I looked at him. How? He smiled.

“Just knock on, wait to they ask you to open, go in and point over your shoulder. They can smell the food so they’ll understand,” I nodded and left the kitchen. The most of them actually just sat in the living room and watched TV or played something on their computer. I went to Kyuhyun and poked his shoulder. He was busy playing something on his laptop. With weapons… he just shot one… I sank. How could you play that kind of game!? What was fun in it? People died that way! I’d seen it happen! He paused and turned his head against me.

“Neh?” he said. I pointed against the kitchen. He nodded.

“Hyungs, I think there is food now!” they all looked against me and I nodded.

“We only miss Donghae. I’m not sure if he wants to eat with today but you can always try,” Leeteuk said and got up, “the second room on left!” he pointed against the corridor. I nodded and went to it, knocked in the door. No answer… I knocked again but still no answer. I bit my lip when I slowly opened the door. He laid on a bed with a big headset on. He had closed eyes… I went slowly to him and sat down on the edge of his bed. He opened his eyes slowly and looked at me, a bit surprised. He removed the headset and sat up.

“Sungmi ah… what are you doing here?” he asked. I pointed against the door.

“Food?” he asked. I nodded. He sighed and looked at me. “I’m not hungry… you can eat without me,” he said. I shook my head. No… he needed to eat, didn’t he know? It was important to eat! It was a gift!

“I’m not hungry,” he said again. I found the little pocketbook Ryeowook had handed to me when I entered the kitchen and write a sentence.

Just come! He shook his head. I nodded and wrote another word. Please! He looked at me.

“What if I don’t want to?” I rolled my eyes.

They are family. Family needs to eat together. Please, I really want to eat with my new family… I looked begging at him. He bit his lip but swung his legs over the edge of the bed.

“Okay then… tonight,” he said and got up. I smiled and got up too. We went to the kitchen, the others looked surprised at Donghae.

“You wanna eat with us today?” Eunhyuk asked. Donghae nodded and sat down on an empty chair, I sat down on another.

“It’s been weeks,” Yesung said, “why today?” Donghae looked at me and hesitated before he answered.

“It’s Sungmi’s first night…”

 

After dinner I did the dishes alone. I actually pushed Ryeowook out of the kitchen so I could do it. I was the maid here now, I did it. After that, I went to the living room where everybody sat, including two new… who were they?

“Arrrh Sungmi, you’re already finish?” Leeteuk-ssi asked. I nodded. The two new turned their heads against me.

“Sungmi? Is this the new maid?” one of them asked in broken Korean. Leeteuk nodded.

“Yeah… she is going to work for SM as pianist too, but she lives here now…” I nodded.

“Please sit,” Donghae said. He sat in the corner of one of the couches packed into a blanket. I smiled a bit and went to a spot on the floor and sat. Everybody looked at me.

“Why are you sitting at the floor? There is a spot in the couch where you can sit!” Yesung said. I made big eyes. I was a maid; I shouldn’t sit where they sat… that was wrong! How could they even…

“Sungmi, it’s okay,” Donghae said, “we ask you to sit on the couch with us…” I looked at him. He sent me a tiny smile and held his hand down against me so I could get up. It reminded me of our first meeting… I took it and he pulled me up. I sat down on the couch beside him and looked grateful at him.

“Now… Sungmi, you have to meet the two Chinese members we have,” Leeteuk said and made me look back at the two new. The guy who had spoke before was the first to talk.

“Hello Sungmi-ssi. My name is Zhou Mi, nice to meet you,” I smiled and nodded. He starred at me. I starred back. What? He hesitated, and then asked about something in another language. I guess it was Chinese… Kyuhyun was the one to answer, but he answered in Korean.

“Oh… she is dumb hyung, she can’t talk!” So… he… arh! Now I understood… he thought I was rude since I didn’t said anything back. I was used to that. Back at home, people often hit me because they didn’t knew that I couldn’t answer…

“Now it’s my turn!” the other guy said, “hello, I’m Henry!” he sent me a cute smile. I smiled back.

“Where do you come from?” Zhou Mi asked. I looked at the others. Could one of them please answer? “She… she is from Sinuiji. North Korea,” Ryeowook said soft. Both of them looked at me.

“North? How… how did you end here?” Henry asked. They all looked curious at me just as… the thoughts I’d tried to burry came…