/13

A Dumb Girl From North Korea~

 

Kang Sungmin

 

Two 100-won coins dumped in the hat in front of me. I looked up and bowed thankful to the woman and her partner before they walked away. Here I was, a place in South Korea. After reading some signs I think I was in a city called Sokcho or something. Not sure at all!

“I’m sorry sir.” A voice said. I looked up and saw a young woman, maybe around my age, squatting in front of me.

“N-neh?” I said, nervous for what she wanted. Unconsciously I pulled the hat against me, which made her chuckle.

“I won’t take your money, don’t worry,” she sent me a gentle smile. I nodded nervous.

“You’re from North Korea, aren’t you?” she said, out of sudden. I looked terrified at her. What should I do? What if… what if she was going to do something to me? Give me to the police!?

“I-I-”

“I’m not your enemy. I ran away from North Korea too when I was a kid with my parents,” she got up, “come with me. Let me help you!” and with those words she reached her hand out for me while smiling friendly. I sank. Could I trust her?

 

Well, I ended up by trusting her. I couldn’t do anything else anyway, could I? If you planned to stay a new place you had to be open-minded. That was what my dad had told me some days before we ran away. She took me to her place. It was just under the roof in a high building and the view was amazing.

“Do you want some tea?” the woman asked when she had given me some minutes to look around. I turned against her and nodded.

“Great. Make yourself comfortable, I’ll be right back!” and with a bright smile she left the living room. I looked around and saw some pillows on the floor. I went slowly to them and sat down. It felt so nice to sit down on something soft again. I had been out in the free for three sun risings and I had only got bit bread and some water from the ground. Suddenly something ran against me and toppled me so it could sit on me.

“Woooooooooah!” I yelled and pushed it away.

“What’s going o- Bada! Get down boy!” the woman came running against me and pulled the animal away from me. I sat up and looked shocked at it. It was a dong, a big one with a lot of fur. The woman sat down beside it and clapped it.

“Bada, this is my new friend…” she looked at me, “I’m sorry! I don’t even know your name yet,” she blushed a bit but smiled. I smiled nervous back.

“My name is Kang Sungmin miss,” I said. She nodded.

“I’m Park Minrae. And you don’t need to call me miss,” she send me a wink before she looked at her pet, “Bada, this is Sungmin. He will be staying from now on so treat him good!” I made big eyes. I was staying?

 

Sungmi P.O.V

 

“Sungmi ah! Do you know how to play?” a voice asked. I looked up and saw Donghae stand with a ball in his hand. I titled my head. Play what?

“Soccer,” Eunhyuk said, “get up! We’ll teach you” I nodded and got up with a smile. It seemed like everybody was going to play, ‘cause they were all on their legs now.

“How do we make teams?” Sungmin asked and smiled bright, jogging on the place.

“Let’s chose a captain from each team who can chose their teams… Eunhyuk, Donghae, you’re against each other, ara?” Leeteuk said. The two boys nodded and went a bit away from each other.

“Eunhyuk, you chose first!” Donghae said with a smile. Eunhyuk nodded and looked at us.

“I’ll go with the actor,” he said and pointed at Siwon who went to him and high-fived him.

“I’ll take Sungmin hyung then!” Donghae said and Sungmin ran happy to him.

“We’re going to win!” he exclaimed laughing. I smiled a bit as people got chosen. At last there was only me and Ryeowook left. He looked at me with a smile.

“It’s usually like this,” he whispered, “when we first compete everyone forget about friendships and tries to get the best team!” I chuckled soundlessly and nodded.

“Wookie, you’re on my team!” Eunhyuk said and I saw Ryeowook brighten and go to his new team.

“Sungmi, that means you’re here,” Kyuhyun said and waved me to Donghae’s team as he was a part of together with Sungmin, Leeteuk and Henry. The other team had Eunhyuk, Siwon, Shindong, Yesung, Zhou Mi and now Ryeowook.

 

“Sungmi, try to get the ball!” Donghae yelled as Yesung came running against me with it. I hesitated for a second before I ran against him and succeed in kicking it against Henry who started running again the other teams goal. Right now, both teams had 3 points and Ryeowook had been right. The guys really loved competitions.

 

3rd Person P.O.V

 

The soccer match stopped when the PD came and told them that it was time to close down now. Eunhyuk’s team had just got a goal over Donghae’s so it ended with 4-3.

“Hyung, when do you finish the drama and come back to us?” Ryeowook asked as they had gotten their stuff and was on their way to the cars. Siwon shrugged.

“Around Super Show 4 I think,” he smiled, “in Seoul. If you still allows me to perform with you,” he send the eternal maknae a teasing gaze and Ryeowook laughed.

“Let me think about it,” they stopped at the cars and Ryeowook was the first to hug Siwon goodbye.

“I’ll see you soon Wookie,” Siwon said as Eunhyuk pushed Ryeowook to the side and looked at Siwon.

“You have to make this drama perfect and return, araso!?” he said and made Siwon laugh.

 

When they came home they went straight to individual activities. Kyuhyun found his computer to play Starcraft, Ryeowook went to cook, Sungmin went to his room to play guitar, Leeteuk was checking every members schedule for the next day and so on. Sungmi didn’t really knew what she should do, Ryeowook had said that he would cook the dinner alone. She decided to go and watch TV with Yesung, Henry and Eunhyuk. The three of them was watching some movie the TV send, it seemed to be a war-movie. Sungmi watched a bit taken back. She still couldn’t see what people found interesting with that kind of stuff. Outside it could be reality, it was reality some places! How could they find this interesting, really? I got up.

“Where are you going?” Yesung asked, without even looking at me. I pointed against the bathroom door and made the handsign for ‘taking a bath’ – I smelled after the soccer game.

“Don’t fall asleep,” Eunhyuk said while sending me a teasing gaze. I rolled my eyes walked away.