/2

A Dumb Girl From North Korea~

 

 

Leeteuk P.O.V

 

“What are we going to do with her?” I asked the manager after Sungmi-ssi was gone to the bathroom. He sighed.

“Honestly? I have no idea, Leeteuk. I’m going to talk to some of the higher people here and hear what they’ll do…”

“We can’t just send her away!” Donghae said, “she isn’t stabile!” I looked at him. He was the one who had found her together with Kyuhyun. It knocked on the door and I turned around to see… well, not the same girl as before. She actually looked really pretty when she didn’t had mud over her whole body and her hair was sat in a bun.

“Come on in,” manager hyung said and smiled mild, then looked at me. “I’ll find out what to do. Can’t you guys present yourself?” I nodded and the manager left. Sungmi came in and I asked everybody to come and sit in a circle in the middle.

“Have you ever heard about a boygroup called Super Junior?” I asked her smiling when she sat comfortable. She shook her head. Okay…

“Well, we are Super Junior, a famous boygroup.” I noticed that the others were smiling too. Sungmi just nodded, but I could see that she was a bit curious. “I’m Park Jungsu but my nickname is Leeteuk. I’m Super Junior’s leader,” I said. She nodded again. I looked at Kyuhyun who sat next to me. He nodded and looked at Sungmi.

“I’m Cho Kyuhyun, the maknae of the group,” he smiled, “but you already knew my name!” she smiled and nodded.

 

Sungmi P.O.V

 

I remembered all the names and remembered to smile every time they had said their names, until…

“Hi… I’m Lee Sungmin, it’s nice to meet you,” one of them said… Sungmin… like my brother… I sank and nodded slowly, trying to push the rest of the thoughts away. The last one, Shin Donghee or Shindong, presented himself. I looked around and looked at every guys face. I seemed to remember all the names…

“Who is she?” a voice asked from the door. We turned around and saw some girls and a boy.

“This is Kang Sungmi,” Eunhyuk-ssi said smiling, “come in and present you!” I made big eyes. More names to remember…

“She doesn’t know?” one of the other girls asked curious. Some of the boys shook their heads.

“No… she… she’s from North Korea,” one of them mumbled. The girls and guy made big eyes.

“North Korea!?” one of them whispered. Leeteuk nodded.

“Yeah… Sungmi, this is a girlgroup we have in SM called f(x). There is Amber, Victoria, Sulli, Krystal and Luna,” everybody raised their hands. The ‘guy’ raised his/hers when Leeteuk-ssi said ‘Amber’… so it was a guy-looking girl!?

“It’s nice to meet you,” Victoria said and smiled. I nodded.

“How old are you?” one of the girls, I think it was Krystal, asked. I looked at Leeteuk for help.

“Yesung, do you still have the notebook?” he asked. Yesung-ssi nodded, got up and found it.

“Notebook? Can’t she just answer?” Krystal asked again.

“She can’t talk,” Donghae said quiet. All the girls made big eyes.

“S-seriously?” Sulli asked. I nodded, just as Yesung handed me the notebook and pen. I wrote my birth date and showed it to the girls.

“1st January… 1988,” Amber read out loud. I nodded and smiled a bit.

“Kyuhyun! You found noona!” Yesung said laughing. Kyuhyun smiled to me.

“She doesn’t look older than Kyu though,” Eunhyuk-ssi said. I bit my lip.

“Hey, that’s my birthday too! The only difference is that I’m from 1986!” Sungmin exclaimed.

“May I come in girls?” a voice said. It sounded older than the manager from before and the girls stepped beside immediately. The entire Super Junior got up too and bowed, so I followed. Seemed like it was an important person who came in…

“Lee Sooman-ssi,” Leeteuk said in respect. The man, Sooman?, smiled.

“Just sit down again,” he said and we did. What was going to happen now?

 

“Is this okay miss?” the piccolo asked. I nodded and sent him a little smile. He bowed once and left the room and closed it after him. I sighed and took a look around. It was… huge. I’d never imagined that I should stay a place like this… I slowly went to the bed and sat down… so soft… so nice… a second after I think my head hit the pillow, ‘cause I don’t remember the next couple of hours…

 

3rd Person P.O.V

 

While Sungmi was asleep in her hotel room, Super Junior was heading home in their vans.

“Hyung, may I ask… what are the company going to do about Sungmi-ssi?” Kyuhyun said and pulled his eyes away from the street. The manager didn’t turn around from the driversseat but just caught Kyuhyun’s gaze and sighed.

“I’m not sure at this time Kyuhyun. Let’s just wait and see,” he smiled mild. Kyuhyun nodded and looked against Donghae. Donghae was looking at the street too while listening to music. He was thinking a lot… maybe he always seemed happy on stage and in front of cameras but inside, he was empty. He wasn’t over his father’s death yet, even when it had been over five years now. When he got home, he usually went to his room and that was what he was going to do this afternoon too. As soon as they entered the dorm, he took of his shoes and went to the room he shared with the leader. He had done that for some years, but both of them liked it like that. He sat in his own bed with his laptop and connected his headset so he could close the world down.

 

Ryeowook went to the kitchen to cut fruits for all the members. He knew that they needed something after many hours of practice but in the middle of cutting he suddenly thought of Sungmi. How was she? Would she be okay? What would happen to her now?

 

Sungmi P.O.V

 

I woke up by the sun shining down on my face. I held a hand in front of my eyes so I didn’t got blinded. I looked around. Did I really fall asleep here? And where were ‘here’? It just knocked on the door before I could think of more…

“Miss Kang? You’re up?” a girl’s voice asked. I took a deep breath and got on my legs… it hurt… I went to the door and opened it. She smiled.

“Goodmorning miss. Do you want your breakfast in your room or in the hotels restaurant?” I looked at her. Breakfast? In my room!? Was that really… okay? Shouldn’t you always read with others or at least… not a private place? I held up two fingers.

“Restaurant?” she asked. I nodded. “Now or wait?” I just smiled and held up one finger. She nodded and smiled back.

“Araso. Follow me then,” I got out of the room and closed it. “You still have the keycard?” she asked. I made big eyes. Keycard!? What… wait, was it that little weird card the piccolo gave me yesterday? He never explained what I should do with it… the girl smiled to me.

“It’s okay. I can get one so I’ll lock you in after breakfast!” I sent her a smile and followed her downstairs to the restaurant. Not many people sat here, only two old married couples and a man.

“Over here miss,” the girl said. I followed her to a corner with some really comfortable chairs.

 

“There’ll be a care here soon to pick you up and drive you to the SM building,” the girl from before said. I nodded and looked at my plate. All those leftovers… but who in the world expected that I could eat all that? That was what we used to eat at home! My family and me… I sank and looked at her.

“You’re finish?” she asked with a raised eyebrow. I nodded. She sighed.

“You don’t eat much…” she mumbled while gazing the plate. I smiled a bit. I got up and let her show me the way back to my room. I got my bag and handed her the keycard. She smiled.

“If they send you back here, just find me. I’ll be here again tonight!” I nodded. We went downstairs and right outside there held a big black car. I looked at it just as the door opened and the manager from yesterday came out and smiled.

“Hello Sungmi! Come on in,” he opened another door and I saw some of the boys from Super Junior wave at me. The girl from the hotel gasped.

“Th-that’s Super Junior,” she whispered. I nodded and sent her a smile and a wave before I got in.

“Hi Sungmi!” Sungmin-ssi said, “you can sit here!” I nodded and went to the empty seat.

 

“Okay Sungmi… do you have any talents?” the man in front of me asked. I hesitated and thought for a while. I could cook, I could clean… the things I’d spent my entire life with… and then… I grabbed the chalk in front of me and wrote on the tiny blackboard I’d got to answer at. I turned it against him.

“Piano? Really?” he asked. I nodded, turned the blackboard back and started writing an explanation. My family had this old piano there had been passed down in generations and when we had time, my mum had taught me how to play. In the last couple of years I’d been pretty good, not to brag too much… I showed him the blackboard again and smiled a bit. He smiled back when he had read what I wrote.

”Come with me. Let’s see if you are that good,” he got up, I did too, and then I followed him to a little room where a grand piano stood. I made big eyes. It looked beautiful…

“Go ahead,” he said and made a gesture for me to sit on the chair in front of it. I sat down, took a deep breath, and started playing. As it was yesterday I’d just finished learning the piece of music, I played it. And it felt so nice…

 

Leeteuk P.O.V

 

“…and then we do like this,” Shindong said and showed the last move. Then he glanced some of the younger, “why aren’t you listening?” he asked. I looked at them and saw Ryeowook hush on him.

“Listen,” Kyuhyun whispered. We all got quiet and listened. In the start I couldn’t really hear anything but then… I could hear a piano.

“It’s just someone who is playing piano? What’s the big deal?” Yesung asked annoyed.

“It’s someone who is playing at the grand piano… it only get used when it’s really special, or else we usually use the electronic pianos,” Ryeowook whispered, “who got permission for that?” Kyuhyun got up.

“Let’s find out!” he smiled and dragged Ryeowook with him.

“Yah! Maknaes!” I yelled but gone they were. I sighed.

“Those two… I swear!” Shindong mumbled.

“It was Kyuhyun who dragged Wookie today,” Yesung said. I laughed.

“Let’s just wait… maybe it is something extraordinary after all,” the others nodded.

“Break?” Shindong said. I nodded.

“We need two of our leadsingers… do you think we can do it without them?” he laughed.

 

The door opened and Kyuhyun and Ryeowook came back, smiling.

“What took you so long?” Eunhyuk complained, “did you find out who it was?” they both nodded and Kyuhyun glanced Ryeowook.

“You say it!” he said. Ryeowook laughed.

“It was Sungmi! She was showing her talent because she got asked to!” I made big eyes. Sungmi? Like, the Sungmi from North Korea? Was it her who had played that song that special? Yes, I knew the song she was playing… but in some way, she made it her own. And that was hard to do!

“Really?” Donghae said, “Sungmi?”