To Her Boyfriend

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kwang-soo ah!”

“Oh noona, wae?”

Ji-hyo slightly pull Kwang-soo’s arm so that he walk right beside her. “Is Jong-kook oppa sick?”

“Jong-kook hyung?” Kwang-soo took a glance at Jong-kook’s back who stand a bit far from them. “I don’t know, noona. Wae?”

“It’s just…. He doesn’t look well.”

“Ah…. jinjja? Then why don’t you ask him yourself?”

“I already did but he just shrug it off by saying that he is okay when he is not.”

Kwang-soo then looking at Ji-hyo with suspicious eyes. “Noona, why you are so worried about him? Do you like him?”

‘No, I don’t like him. I love him.’ That’s what’s on her thought, but of course she can’t say that to Kwang-soo. “Aniya… it’s because there’s still guilty feeling inside me. You know, he was sacrificing himself to save my dad and because of that he got several injuries.” She frown.

“Noona, even if he is sick right now, I’m pretty sure that’s not because those injuries. Jong-kook hyung told me that he already recover.” He then continue his words. “Do you want me to ask him?”

“Can you do that for me?”

“Of course I can!”

“Gomawo Kwang-soo ah, you’re the best! I love you!”

The smile on Kwang-soo’s face slowly disappear. “You…..love me, noona?”

In a flash, Ji-hyo hit Kwang-soo’s head lightly. “Yah! It’s not that kind of love, babo!”

“Ah….. so it’s not that kind of love…..” This time Kwang-soo frown. “I was shocked and happy at the same time when you said that because………. Because I love you noona.” His face looks serious.

Ji-hyo startled and quickly turn from bad Ji-hyo into Mong Ji-hyo. “K…Kwang-soo ah, I…..”

Seeing his noona’s flustered face Kwang-soo laugh hard. “Hahahahahaha do you think I mean it, noona? Aigoo….”

“YAH!!! LEE KWANG-SOO!!!!” This time Ji-hyo grab his hair and pull it hard until he screams out loud seeking for help.

Kim Jong-kook only watch from afar. Deep inside his heart, there’s a slight happy feeling seeing how cheerful she is. She mad at Kwang-soo and laugh a moment later. That laugh……. He missed it a lot. Even though that laugh and smile isn’t for him, but only watched it from afar, he feels happy too. He guess he will never receive that smile of her again. That beautiful smile that she only give personally to him, not for the show, and not for others.

Today’s filming isn’t much different from yesterday, or to be exact, it’s the same situation. Ji-hyo would smile and laugh at him when camera’s on, he did the same. But when camera’s off they get themselves busy and trying to avoid each other.

Despite of how she want to avoid him, deep inside her heart, Ji-hyo still have some worries about Jong-kook’s health. That’s why she always took a glance at him or walk right behind him. When they finished filming, she go straightly to her car to go home and that’s when she got a text from Kwang-soo.

Noona, don’t worry about Jong-kook hyung. He said he just have a hangover for drinking all night long with his friends.

She relieve read that text. At least he isn’t sick. But that guy…… he never drink alcohol. That health freak guy wouldn’t take even a sip of alcohol when they have a gathering or party. Then what makes him drank that much?

 

 

The next week, they filming Running man again. As usual, the first mission is to find the guest. In the middle of searching, Jong-kook meet with Kwang-soo and Jae-suk who capture an actor, Shin Seung-hwan. Since Seung-hwan is pretty relax for being a guest, Jong-kook have another thought. Either Tae-hyun or Jang-hyuk must be coming as a guest. He’s pretty sure about that since they often hanging out with Seung-hwan recently.

And Jong-kook’s guessed is right, Hyuk is the guest. He already eliminate 2 members and become into the game by searching another nametag that contain 2 name of Running Man member to eliminate them. After searching diligently, finally he found the second nametag and have Kwang-soo and Ji-hyo’s name.

“Aigoo mianhae Ji-hyo ah…” Jang-hyuk giggled alone.

He keep searching for the member nametag until he bump into Jae-suk. That’s when his identity as a guest revealed. Jong-kook smile and anticipate the “fight” between them. Maybe Hyuk isn’t as strong as Jong-kook, but he is a quick runner. He can escape from Jae-suk, Haha, and even Jong-kook. But he can’t run and hide forever. After eliminate Jae-suk and Haha, he is now bumped into his best friend, the only one survivor because he hasn’t found his nametag yet.

The prison is on the ground floor. And from there, the already eliminated member can hear the groan between Jong-kook and Jang-hyuk who currently have a fight. The rest member except Jae-suk and Haha know about the guest identity.

“Oppa, who’s the guest?” Asked Ji-hyo curiously.

“It’s Jang-hyukie.” Answered Jae-suk.

Ji-hyo can’t hide her shock and smile on her face. “Omo! Jinjja??”

“Wae noona? You like him?” Teased Kwang-soo.

“Ani, actually I’m close with him because I often hanging out with Dragon Club.” She said excitedly but then the smile on her face slowly fade away.

Yeah, he used to often hanging out with them and how she missed go out with them again. Or can she bluntly said that she missed one person specifically? That guy who torn her heart into pieces and she doesn’t know why even though he broke her heart, she still care for him and her heart still thumping fast whenever he is around.

Luckily to her, the member didn’t get to notice her sudden expression change because they are too focus guessing what is happening between Jong-kook and Jang-hyuk since they only can hear their groan and shouting to each other from upper floor.

The first mission finally ended with the result Hyuk eliminate Jong-kook. The two of them get down to the ground floor and formally introduce Hyuk as the guest. Jong-kook can see the way Hyuk and Ji-hyo took a glance at each other while smiling. He doesn’t even know what he feel inside. Hurt? Happy? Of course he is hurt seeing her smile for another man. But should he be happy because Hyuk has a chance to get closer with her for a full day. No, it’s not a day, but two days. They still have to continue filming tomorrow.

The PD already decide the team and they put Hyuk in a team with Ji-hyo, Jae-suk, and Suk-jin. Both Ji-hyo and Hyuk are very happy with their decision. When Taek PD order them to change uniform, the member bring back the topic of the closeness between Ji-hyo and Jang-hyuk. They actually didn’t believe it.

“Yah oppa! I really close with him!”

“Eyyy Ji-hyo ah, stop dreaming about being close with Jang-hyukie.” Said Jae-suk.

“Noona! Between us, only Jong-kook hyung who close with him.”

Ji-hyo only smirk at them and walk towards Jang-hyuk who currently have a small talk with Jong-kook not far from where she stand. She quickly grab Hyuk’s hand and pull it to come with her.

“Oh Ji-hyo ah, wae?” Asked Jang-hyuk in confuse.

Meanwhile Jong-kook only see them painfully. Ji-hyo…… the woman that he love the most just grab another man’s hand and walk pass him like he never exist. She even didn’t took a glance at him. Wait, no. This is what he want, right? Ji-hyo with Hyuk. Why he should be sad? But no matter how he trying to be happy for them, he just can’t. He love that woman too much. Even though it’s hurt, he think that in the future he will face this kind of scene often, so he should learn to bear this pain.

Ji-hyo finally success bring Hyuk to Jae-suk and Kwang-soo. She then look at Hyuk with still holding his hand. “Oppa, could you please tell them that we are close?”

Hyuk slowly release his hand from her grip while giving her a confuse expression. “Ne, Ji-hyo ssi? Close?”

Jae-suk and Kwang-soo laugh at how hard Ji-hyo trying to make them believe that she is close with that handsome yet popular actor. Meanwhile Ji-hyo only staring at Hyuk in disbelieve. Before she could talk, Hyuk let out a big grin on his face and side hug her.

“I’m not close with her, but I’m very very close with her.” Hyuk give Ji-hyo a wink but she replied with a light hit on his chest.

“Omo! Jinjja?? But how?” Asked Jae-suk.

“She is my childhood friend and my best friend.”

“And he is my neighbor oppa.” Added Ji-hyo.

Even though Jong-kook stand a bit far from them, but he can hear enough what they are talk about. He will never be her neighbor oppa again. Even being her oppa is only in Running Man set. Outside filming, she will avoid him and will address him formally or call him hyungnim, which means she want to be treated as a man. ‘Gwenchana Jong-kook ah, gwenchana. You will get used to this pain…’. Jong-kook sigh deeply before turning his back.

The rest of the day, of course you can guess it what happen between Ji-hyo and Jang-hyuk since they are on the same team. Even though they purposely made a line to not seen too close by words, but their action tell different. They aren’t talking much to each other but they are always standing side by side and inseparable.

And the same thing happens on the second day of filming. The first mission is doing a carpool to each team mates. Since Ji-hyo live the furthest, Jae-suk choose to fetch Suk-jin and Jang-hyuk first. They only can call their team mates when they are near to their home. When they already arrive in Ilsan and get to call Ji-hyo to ask her address, they surprise to found a heavy-husky-sleepy voice of Ji-hyo when she’s answering the phone call. Actually Hyuk can lead the way to her apartment, but he choose to keep silent.

Today’s filming finished a bit early and as usual, the members choose to have a dinner together alongside Jang-hyuk. They will have a dinner at Haha’s restaurant. Haha and Kwang-soo choose to get in Gary’s car, Suk-jin in Jae-suk’s car, and the rest, Ji-hyo and Jong-kook get in Hyuk’s car. When Ji-hyo about to open the back door of Hyuk’s car, suddenly Jong-kook hold her wrist which makes her startled.

“You better take the front seat beside Hyuk, Ji-hyo ah.” He said with a smile on his face.

“Wae?” That’s the only word that she can utter because her mind busy admiring his sweet smile and scold herself a moment later for admiring the smile of the only person she want avoiding.

Again, he just smile and pull her hand so that she can follow every step he take. He opened the front door for her in a gentle manner and close it calmly before heading towards Jang-hyuk who currently have a small talk with Gary.

“Hyuk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter