The truth

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Have you ever experienced a guilty feeling that makes you hurt? Well, I have. To be exact, I experienced those feelings in such a young age to someone who really close to me. It wasn’t my intention left her without words that night. The first day I left her, I’m still feeling okay, but when it turns a week, I start feeling nervous. Whenever I asked my dad when we will come home, he never really answer that question. He even change the topic. Until right after 2 weeks we left our home, my dad told me that our family should move to Seoul. At that time, all I can do is begged to my dad to come back to Pohang. I’m not asking to stay there, I was just asking to have a visit even for an hour so that my family can take care of our things in our home personally, and I can have a proper goodbye to that girl. But dad didn’t fulfill my request. I feel bad, really really bad towards that girl. A girl who has the most beautiful smile. A girl who mean a lot to me. A girl who called me neighbor oppa, Cheon Seong-im.

For the first time in my life, I experienced the feeling of wanting to see that girl’s face every day. When I see that girl fell and hurt herself, all I want to do is run to her. Whenever I saw the sad face of her, I will try my best to make her laugh until she doesn’t feel sad anymore. The more I hang around with her, the more I want to protect that girl from anything that can bothered her. Those kind of feeling, I don’t know what to call those feeling at that time. But now, I’m old enough to interpret that kind of feeling. Yes, I was falling in love with that girl, Cheon Seong-im.

As time goes by, I can live my life normally. It was hard at first because of that guilty feeling towards that girl but I can overcome that feeling up until now. Slowly, I start forget that guilty feeling. Until a week ago, I met her. For the first time after more than 20 years been separated, we can be together again, laughed together again, like we used to do almost every day in the past. I finally found you, Cheon Seong-im.

“Mianhae Seong-im ah…..” Said a guy who stand in front of a big window from his apartment, facing how crowded Seoul is that night. “I’m sorry to leave you without words back then and I’m sorry for not saying I’m sorry in the first place when I found out that you’re Cheon Seong-im, the one that always come to my dream….”

 

 

“Guys, today we will have new family, a new member. So I hope you guys can guide and take care of her.” Taek PD give an announcement to the members.

“Jinjja??? Who is she PD nim?” Asked Jae-suk represent the members question too.

“She has been a guest in our show.”

“Is it Lee Hyo-ri??” Assumed Haha.

“Jessica??” Said Gary.

“Jung-eum noona??” Kwang-soo guessed.

“Song Ji-hyo.” Guessed Jong-kook. His words doesn’t seems like question like the others, it’s more like giving information and he didn’t realize either. He just said it spontaneous.

“I have the same mind with Jong-kook hyung. It would be nice having Ji-hyo noona as our new member since she has been appeared 4 episodes.” Joong-ki agree with Jong-kook.

“Ne, you’re right, it’s Song Ji-hyo.” Confirmed Taek PD.

“Omo jinjja??? Gomawo PD nim!! I thought it will be that scary woman, Lee Hyo-ri.” Said Haha which lead a laughter to the members.

“Jae-suk ssi, in opening scene please introduce her as a new member. And for all of you, don’t forget about my favor towards you.”

Right 15 minutes later, Ji-hyo come wearing casual dress beautifully. “Annyeonghaseyo…” Ji-hyo greet the staffs and members.

“There she is, our new family. Welcome to Running Man family Ji-hyo ah!” Jae-suk respond her greet happily.

The rest member give her a warm welcome as well. Kim Jong-kook is the last one to welcome her. He come towards her when the other member busy wearing mic.

“Welcome to Running Man family Ji-hyo ah!”

“Gomawo Jong-kook ssi, please guide me in this variety world since I’m still categorized as a newbie.”

“Ji-hyo ah, you are already part of this family and we will meet once or twice in a week, please drop the honorifics and just use banmal, ne?”

Ji-hyo smile at him. “Okay then, Jong-kook oppa…”

Jong-kook nod happily. “Well, answering your request, of course, the members and I will guide you…..” His words cut by a ring from his phone. He takes it from his pants pocket. “Wait a minute Ji-hyo ah.” He said and accept the incoming call.

“Ne Hyuk-ah?” He greet his best friend, Jang-hyuk.

“Jong-kook ah, are you free tonight?”

“I have to filming Running Man, wae?”

“I was about to ask you grab a coffee tonight…… oh, wait. You are currently filming Running Man? Then you must be around Song Ji-hyo right now.”

“How do you know about that?” Jong-kook confused when he heard Hyuk mention Ji-hyo’s name.

“Of course I know!” He said proudly.

“Do you know her?”

“Yeah, I know her. Oh by the way, can I talk to her?” Actually Jong-kook still confused about how Jang-hyuk knows Ji-hyo because all this time he never talk about Song Ji-hyo. But he do what Jang-hyuk’s asked.

“Ji-hyo ah, someone want to talk to you.” He passed his phone to Ji-hyo who still standing beside him.

Ji-hyo confuse at first but seeing the caller’s name on his phone makes her confuse expression to a slight happy one. “Oh oppa, wae?” She start to talk with Jang-hyuk.

Jong-kook aware with her sudden change expression and…….she called Jang-hyuk with oppa? Are they close? Too many question about relationship that Ji-hyo and his best friend have in his head.

“Ji-hyo ah, when do you finished Running Man filming today?” Asked Jang-hyuk.

“Hm I don’t know either, but I think it will ended in early morning since we start to shoot pretty late. Wae oppa?”

“Let’s have breakfast together Ji-hyo ah. Asked Jong-kook to coming with us too since I have something to tell him.”

Her face obviously become brighter. “Keure oppa, let’s do that and I will ask him too.”

“Text me your filming location, I will search coffee shop nearby and ask your manager to not fetch you for today, just go to our rendezvous point with Jong-kook, arachi?”

“Arasso oppa, see you later!” Ji-hyo cut the line and give back Jong-kook’s phone.

Ji-hyo can see Jong-kook’s curious face right in front of her. “Oppa, do you have any schedule tomorrow morning?”

“Nope, why?”

“Hyuk oppa asked me to have breakfast together. He also want you to join us since he has something to tell you too.”

“Are you close with him?”

Ji-hyo show him her sweet smile. “I was close with him.”

When he is about to ask her again, Taek PD call her to put a mic on her and she left him at his place.

Mwuh ya? What does she mean by ‘I was close with him’? Are both of them known each other for a long time? Why Hyuk never tell me about this? And the question about them keep flowing nonstop in his head makes him can’t wait to asked them when filming ended tomorrow morning.

 

And his long wait finally come. Filming ended on time as schedule. He was about to grab his bag when a familiar woman voice calling out his name. “Jong-kook oppa!”

“Oh Ji-hyo ah, have you done packing your stuff?”

“Ne oppa.” She said while showing her big hand bag in her grip. “Bbali oppa! I’m hungry….”

“Omo, what’s this? Are you two having a date?” Jae-suk suddenly come to them after heard what Ji-hyo said.

“Ani hyung! We will have breakfast together with our friend.” Answered Jong-kook.

Jae-suk squinting his eyes at them and tapped their shoulder. “Is that so? Okay then. Have a good breakfast you two and don’t forget to have enough rest after that!”

“Ne oppa, you too.” Ji-hyo waved goodbye to Jae-suk.

And right after that, Ji-hyo and Jong-kook go to Jong-kook’s car to meet Jang-hyuk at café nearby.

Jang-hyuk already at the café waiting them. Since this is his own café, he request to his employee to open sooner just for them. He only waiting 10 minutes when he see the face of those two entering the café.

“Oppa!!” Ji-hyo happily greet Jang-hyuk.

“Ji-hyo ah annyeong!” His gaze then turn to muscle man behind Ji-hyo. “Jong-kookie!” He doing a manly handshake.

The two of them take a seat side by side facing Jang-hyuk. “Oppa, can I order the food first? I’m so hungry…”

“Keure Ji-hyo ah.” Jang-hyuk give her permission.

While Ji-hyo rush to cashier and take a look at the menu, Jong-kook still sit facing Jang-hyuk and giving him an ‘explain to me’ gaze.

“You are curious why I know her out of sudden, right?” Guessed Jang-hyuk while chuckled.

“Ne. How did you know her? How long you two know each other? How close your relationship with her? And how come you haven’t tell me that you know her?” Jong-kook bombarded his best friend with question.

“Whoa, easy…. Don’t rush thing like that Jong-kookie. We wil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter