Yoon Eun-hye

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been 3 days after the last time Ji-hyo met Jong-kook. To be exact, after that awkward night. What surprised her is Jong-kook never text her or called her again. She want to text him but thinking about it again, what should she say to him? Asking explanation? His statement that night is so clear that he want to stay at this oppa – dongsaeng relationship. But are they really can stay at that stage when he kissed her that night and actually already ruin that relationship? Not just a kiss, he even hold her hand, hug her, and the way he gaze at her….it’s a lovely one that can make her heart calm and feel warm. She doesn’t know what to do about him. All she can think this past days only Kim Jong-kook.

“Unnie, we finished pretty early, do you want to go dinner before going home?” Asked her manager as Ji-hyo entering her car.

“Kim Jong-kook….” Ji-hyo answered with a blank stare.

“Mwuh??”

“Please drive me to Jong-kook oppa’s home.”

“But unnie, I don’t know where his home is, and you haven’t go there too.”

“You have Gap-jin’s number, right? Please ask him and tell him that this is urgent.

“Arasso unnie…”

It doesn’t take more than 5 minutes until she received Jong-kook’s address from Gap-jin and they heading to his house right away. Luckily her photo shoot location is in Gangnam, so it will take 15 minutes to reach Anyang. When they face a red light, her manager check her phone and she received another text from Gap-jin.

“Oh, unnie, Gap-jin oppa said that Jong-kook ssi hasn’t reach home yet.”

“Gwenchana, I will wait for him. He is not the type who come home in early morning anyway besides shooting occasion. You can just go home after sending me.”

“Mwuh? But unnie, I can’t leave you go home alone.”

“I’m not a kid, I can go home by myself, Ji-min ah...”

“Okay then, but I will take a cab so you can drive back home.”

“Arasso.”

Ji-hyo now standing alone in front of Jong-kook’s door. She already pressed the bell but no one come out to open the door so she assume that Jong-kook still on his way. Her hand feels itchy to search his name on contact list and call him but her brain is strong enough to prevent that happening. It’s been 15 minutes since she’s waiting for his arrival when her eyes capture her oppa walking towards her. But he is not alone. And that scene makes her hurt badly.

Jong-kook walk slowly to his unit when he see a figure of someone that always makes his heart pounding fast whenever she’s around him. He even stop his pace and observed from afar whether she’s really her or he start dreaming seeing her because he missed her so much. He then choose to walk towards her who currently playing with her phone. Seems like it’s pretty serious because she hasn’t notice yet about his presence until he is close enough and she turn her head to look at him.

“J…Ji-hyo ah? What are you doing here?”

“To meet you of course.” She take a glance at him and a girl with a messy hair who he piggybacked. “But seems like you are busy.”

“No, I’m not. Let me take care of her for a second.” He input his passcode and get in to put the girl on the bed.

Ji-hyo follow him come in but she stay at living room. Since Jong-kook let the guest room door open, Ji-hyo can see the way Jong-kook put her on the bed softly. It’s hurt her already, but what makes it worse is when that girl suddenly pull Jong-kook’s shirt which makes his face fall right next to her head. Seems like that girl utter the words to him because he stay like that for a moment before get up and tidy up her hairs who cover her face lovingly. “Have a good rest, Eun-hye ah…”

Okay, this is too much. Ji-hyo quickly move her gaze to another side and walk to the nearer couch because it hurt her so much. She doesn’t know why but she feels want to cry. But she know that she shouldn’t cry in front of him. Jong-kook finally come out and he close the guest room door slowly before headed towards Ji-hyo.

Just before he utter his words, Ji-hyo manage to talk first. “She is……Yoon Eun-hye, right?”

Jong-kook startled because she can guessed it right. “How did you know?”

Her heart betray her brain. She starts feeling sting on her eyes and she know soon she will drop a tear. She then chuckled to hide her sad eyes. “Woah seems like I come at the wrong time. I’m sorry for bothering your time with your girlfriend.”

“Ji-hyo ah, it’s not like that….”

“You know what? You are such a bad oppa. You said that I’m your special dongsaeng, but why you haven’t tell me about you having girlfriend, oppa? Are you that secretive? Or is it because the rumor about you and her is true so you keep it as a secret?”

“Ji-hyo ah….”

It hurts her when she utter those question and she feels like she can’t hold her tears anymore. “It’s getting late, I think I should go now.” She turn her body and walk to exit door but Jong-kook grip her hand which makes her stop the pace. She doesn’t want to turn her back to face him because her tears already dropped.

“Ji-hyo ah, listen to me….”

“Go on.”

“Look at me, Ji-hyo ah.”

Ji-hyo wipe away her tears before facing him.

Even though she already wipe the tears, but Jong-kook still can see it from how wet her eyes are and that’s makes Jong-kook more guilty. “I’m sorry about that night when I kissed you, it’s because….”

“It’s okay, I understand oppa. That night was too emotional for us. Now I understand why you suddenly stop and leave, it’s because you already have girlfriend, right? Let’s just forget about that, okay? I’ll get going oppa.” Ji-hyo said with a force smile and immediately leave his house.

“It’s because……I love you, Ji-hyo ah….. And how can I forget about that kiss when it was one of the best feeling I’ve ever had?” Jong-kook said once Ji-hyo disappear from his sight. “Why you don’t give me a chance to explain it, Cheon Seong-im?” Jong-kook keep staring at the door sadly. He really want to pull her to his embrace and tell her to not cry and tell her how much he love her, but he know that it will make situation get worsen.

 

Her tears keep streaming from the moment she made her way out from Jong-kook’s house until she’s in her car. Her cry even become louder now. This is hurt her so much.

“W…why? Why you….did this to me….oppa? WHY KIM JONG-KOOK, WHYYY??!!!” She shout out loud while hitting the steer. This is what she really want to tell him when she know that Jong-kook is belong to someone. “Are those skin ship that we have really means nothing to you, oppa……” Her voice weakened.

Jong-kook not stand still at his crib. He quickly follow Ji-hyo soon after she left and after debating with his own mind. He did manage to follow her, but he is not planning to stop her. He just watch her from behind. He know that she’s crying because her shoulder is shaking badly. But, the most hurtful scene is when he see Ji-hyo crying hard inside her car. This is really crush his heart. How he really want to run at her and comforting her while wiping those precious tears that fall for a jerk like him.

“Mianhae Ji-hyo ah, mianhae…..”

Jong-kook take out his phone from his jacket and called someone.

Ji-hyo no longer crying hard now but only staring at the front blankly. She doesn’t know how long she has been crying until someone knocked her car’s window. It surprised her seeing who’s knocking.

“Unnie, open up…”

Ji-hyo unlock the door and face her manager. “Oh Ji-min ah, why are you still in here?”

Ji-min can see tear mark on her face and her eyes are swollen. “I have a feeling that I shouldn’t leave you alone.” Ji-min lightly pull Ji-hyo’s hand and lead her to sit to the other side. “Let’s go home, unnie.”

Somehow Ji-hyo feel relieve that her manager come because she doesn’t feel like she can driving in this state. Ji-min take her seat and start driving.

“Unnie, I don’t know what happen to you, but you can sleep so that you can calm yourself.”

“Aren’t you curious about what happen to me?”

“Of course I am. But I don’t think this is the right time to ask you since……you are pretty messed up right now.”

Ji-hyo only can smile weakly at her manager. “Gomawo Ji-min ah… I will tell you about this matter soon.” She said while closing her eyes.

Ji-min took a glance at Ji-hyo and found that she’s already closing her eyes. She sigh and recall what happen 15 minutes before.

 

Ji-min currently taking her dinner at Anyang after sending her artist to Kim Jong-kook’s house. She just finished her Jjajangmyun when she got a call from unknown number. Without hesitation, she accept the call right away.

“Yoboseyo.”

“Lee Ji-min ssi?”

“Ne, nuguseyo?”

“It’s me, Kim Jong-kook.”

“Omo! Jong-kook ssi??? Annyeonghaseyo… Why did you call me, Jong-kook ssi? Have you met with Ji-hyo unnie?”

“Ne… I’ve met her. Actually, I have something to ask you.”

“What is it?”

“I…..just doing something bad to her that makes her crying. I’m worried she can’t drive alone. Can you please coming here and drive her home?”

“Mwuh??? A-arasso. I’m still near your apartment complex.” She’s now panic knowing Ji-hyo’s condition and about to hang up when suddenly she heard Jong-kook calling her name.

“Ji-min ssi.”

“Ne?”

“Please don’t ask about what happen to her tonight and let her rest. You can ask her about that tomorrow when she already calmed.”

“Arasso Jong-kook ssi. Thank you for informed me about this.”

“Please take a good care of her.”

“I will, don’t worry about it.” She then cut the line.

 

Ji-min take a glance at Ji-hyo again to make sure that she’s sleeping deeply. “I don’t know what’s going on between you and Jong-kook ssi. Even if I want to scold him for making you like this, I just can’t because he still has a gut to inform me about your condition and I’m actually thankful about that.”

 

 

Eun-hye open her eyes and shocked to find that she is not in her room. When she’s trying to get up, she felt terribly dizzy until she’s groaning. Just then, she can see him open the door and standing starring at her.

“Eun-hye ah, you’re up already?”

She’s surprised to see Jong-kook in front of her. “J…Jong-kook oppa?”

“Ne, it’s me. Why did you see me like I’m a ghost?” Jong-kook chuckled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter