Old friends come to the rescue

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment Jong-kook leaves her place, that’s the moment Ji-hyo breaks down. She cries her heart out. She might looks firm with her words when she said ‘break up’, but the fact isn’t like that, she’s hurt inside. It was her brain who made that decision, not her heart. Her heart keeps telling her to trust him and listen to his explanation, but in the end her brain controlled everything.

She’s hurt. Which woman who doesn’t feels this hurt if they are in her position? But on the other hand she doubts her decision. Can she really breaks up with him? Can she face him in their workplace? Or to be exact, can she pretends everything-is-okay in Running Man filming in the future? Can she really do that? She doubt it. One thing that she sure about, she needs time to be alone, a time without Kim Jong-kook, a time to calm her heart.

Ji-hyo shed the leftover tears and goes to her room. There, she cries again. This room is just full of their happy memories. Their pictures are everywhere in this room, and also……. a necklace from him. Seeing that necklace makes her more hurt. She throws her body at her bed and cries again until she fall asleep.

 

 

A continuous and bothering sound disturb her sleep. No matter how hard she tries to ignore that annoying sounds, it still won’t stop. In the end, Ji-hyo has to open her heavy-to-open eyes.

“Ughhh…. Who’s coming this early morning!” She mumbling alone while cursing the guest.

Ji-hyo walks slowly at the intercom and press the button to see who the guest is, but it’s dark. She doesn’t know whether the camera is broken or the guest covering the camera.

“Nuguseyo?” She asked through the intercom.

“I’m delivering your food, Agassi.”

“Wrong address, I didn’t order anything today.” She reply with a controlled voice because deep inside she curse this delivery man. He just disturb her bed time.

“But I bring jjampong and jjajangmyeon for you.”

“I said I didn’t order anything!”

“Are you sure about that?”

“Yes! I………” She stops her words. Somehow she feels familiar hearing this voice. Not only the voice, but the scene as well. It also happened 2 years ago. Without hesitation, Ji-hyo opens the door and see the face that she missed all this time.

“HYUK OPPA!!!!!” Ji-hyo shouts and throw her body to him. She hugs him tightly.

“Aaaakk yah Ji-hyo ah, let me go! I can’t breathe!!”

“I miss you oppa!! I miss you sooo much!!” Said Ji-hyo, still hug him tightly.

Hyuk smiles upon hearing that. “I miss you too my dongsaeng.” He hugs her back while her already-messy hair.

Ji-hyo then releases him from her tight hug and starts to hit his chest lightly. “You’re bad, oppa! I hate you! How come you never contact me!”

“Aigoo mianhae Ji-hyo ah, I’m not gonna lie, but I really have lots of works to do.”

“Yeah, I know how famous you are in China and Japan.”

“Oh? You manage to see how famous I am?”

“I also start expanding my career to China, so of course I know about that.”

“And you do know my main reason to not contact you, right?”

Yeah, she knows it. It’s about their past, about his feeling for her. “Yes, I know and understand about that oppa…. So, have you…. settling your feeling to me now?”

“No, I haven’t.”

“So….. you mean….. you still have a leftover feelings for me?”

“Neh, thinking about it again, I can’t forget my feelings to you. I just love you too much……. as my little sister.”

“Aishhh!” Ji-hyo hit Hyuk’s arm.

“Yah! Why did you hit me???”

“Nappeun oppa! I thought you……..”

“You thought I still loving you as a woman? Hahaha in your dreams! I’m old enough right now, I want to start a new life, I don’t want to stuck at a woman that her heart doesn’t even belong to me.”

Maybe he said it in teasing and playful manner, but somehow, Ji-hyo feels sad thinking about their past again.

“Mianhae oppa…… you must be hurt a lot because of me.”

“Yah yah! What’s with this sudden gloomy atmosphere? I was just joking around, Ji-hyo ah. I left you for 2 years and you lost your sense of humor.” Said Hyuk while preparing their food at a bowl.

“Here, let’s just eat first.” Added Hyuk.

Ji-hyo obeys her oppa’s words and eats quietly.

“Ji-hyo ah, do you have any problem?” Asked Hyuk while munching his food.

“Nope, wae oppa?”

“Don’t lie to me Mongji. If you don’t have any problem, your eyes won’t be that puffed. Means that you’ve been crying all night. And if you crying all night, then the problem is way too much for you to handle.”

Ji-hyo remains quite. Not sure what to answer to Hyuk’s words.

Her silence and her sudden change expression makes him 100% sure of his assumption. “Aigoo where is Jong-kook at this time? How can he let my dongsaeng crying alone here!”

She still keeps silent and looks down to her plate.

“Or maybe…….. he’s the one who makes you like this?”

Surprisingly, Ji-hyo nods her head.

“Wae? What happened? Did he do something bad to you?”

“He is….. cheating behind my back with a young girl.”

“Hahahaha yah! Do you expect I will believe such story? Jong-kookie loves you so much that he won’t dare do that to you.”

But Ji-hyo didn’t reply and maintain her flat expression. Everyone who looking at this kind of expression will think the same, she really means her words.

The same thought goes to Hyuk too. Suddenly the grin and playful expression disappear from his face. “Did he really do that to you?”

Again, Ji-hyo answers with silence.

“How bad is it, Ji-hyo ah? You aren’t broke up with him, right?”

This time, Ji-hyo still looks down but her shoulder starts shaking.

“Omo! Yah, Ji-hyo ah…” Hyuk stands from his seat and comes to Ji-hyo and hugs her.

“I hate him, oppa….. I hate him!” Said Ji-hyo in-between her sob.

“Ani, both of you love each other so much. There must be a way to save this.”

“I don’t know oppa…. He hurt me so much, he continuously stabbed my heart, he didn’t even gives me a chance to breathe or calm myself. I hate him for that!”

“Okay, I think I have to go now. I have to beat up on him to wake him up I guess. He hurt my dongsaeng and he should pay the price.”

“What? Andwae, oppa! Don’t use violence please…”

“Wae? He hurts you, and I want him to wake up for hurting you. Besides, you said you hate him.”

“As much as I hate him, I still hate to see him getting hurt, oppa. So please, do not use violence to him.”

“You do love him so much, Ji-hyo ah. Why you let him go then? Aren’t you going to regret your decision later?”

“As long as he’s happy, I will fine.”

“Do you think he will happy when the only person who can make him happy left him just like that?”

“Excuse me, I left him? Oppa! He’s the one who left me, he’s cheating behind my back!”

“Kim Jong-kook, I’ve known him for 20 years, so I can assure you he has explanation for that because he’s not a type of a guy who will cheat on some other girl. You might look at this matter like he’s cheating on you, but is the reality looks like what you think?”

“Oppa, why you’re defending him so much? I’m the one who’s hurt because of him here, I think you will comfort me like you always do when I’m feeling sad…”

“Because I care so much about both of you. Because I believe Jong-kookie won’t do that to you and because I believe you’re still the stubborn Ji-hyo like I used to know.”

“Mwuh? What do you mean, oppa? I’m not stubborn, I’m just being realistic. Just tell me what would you do when you come to your girlfriend’s house in the morning and you saw her almost ? Added to that, you see a guy’s outfit, a short notice that he’s leaving, and his perfume all over the room. But it’s only the beginning, because the next day and the other day after that, you saw your girlfriend seems very happy around that guy, like showing you up that now she’s with that guy.”

“I would have the same thought as you that she’s cheating behind my back.”

“See? You are on my side, but why you defending him that much, oppa?”

“Because you’re in a state of very upset that you can’t accept any of his explanation. Even if he really cheating on you, he deserve to explain everything to you. If he’s done doing that, that’s the right time for you make the decision.”

“Wait….. how can you know that he hasn’t done explain to me? Seolma……. Did he tell you?”

“I came to him first before I come here. And yeah, he did tell me about this matter.”

“No wonder you are defending him that much.” She retorted.

“Yah! I’m not defending him. I won’t take any of your side in this matter.”

“Oppa….. if you done with your food, can you go out?”

“Are you kicking me out, Song Ji-hyo? Wae? Is it because you feel like I’m taking Jong-kook’s side?”

“Oppa please…. I just want to be alone right now.”

“Keurae! No need to finish my food because I can go now.” Hyuk feels a bit annoyed with Ji-hyo’s attitude. She just won’t listen to him.

Hyuk already standing, prepare himself to go out, but he realize he can’t leave Ji-hyo just like this. “Ji-hyo ah, I’m not taking side in this matter because both of you are at fault. He was stepping out of the line while you are being the most stubborn person. Never ever had a thought that you’re the only one who hurt here, Ji-hyo ah…. because he is also feels hurt, he was in a mess, there’s only you in his head. Even if you can’t forgive him, at least give him a chance to explain everything. I’m telling you this because I don’t want you to regret your decision later. And also, you have to remember that he is a bit ‘different’ as he has something special in his brain and heart.”

With that, Hyuk heading out from Ji-hyo’s unit to leave her alone as her wish. This is the best he can do to help them. Jong-kook was right to give her some space and some time to be alone because in this time, she won’t hear anything about this matter.

He sighs. He just hope Ji-hyo would think about his words. At least she would listen to Jong-kook’s explanation later. But now the matter is in Jong-kook.

At first he was mad at Jong-kook. He almost beat him up for hurting Ji-hyo. Well, he did back away and ‘disappeared’ for years for them, but knowing his sacr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter