Confession

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a week since they filmed Running Man and since Ji-hyo back to her single status. Deep inside, she realize that she is such a terrible woman to use a kind hearted guy like Chang-joo to be her boyfriend while she doesn’t have the same feeling as him. She hug and kiss him a lot, but never said that L word to him. She thought he won’t mind since he knew and volunteered himself to help her to forget Kim Jong-kook, but the way she saw Chang-joo hurt and sad because of her, she can’t help to feel guilty. Besides thinking about Chang-joo, her brain keep replaying about her dance session with Kim Jong-kook. She just can’t stop thinking about him ever since that day. She missed him already. And today, after filming Running Man they should go together to Tae-hyun’s birthday party. Not a big party, it’s just a party for his birthday and gathering for dragon club.

Both Jong-kook and Ji-hyo feels lucky when Running Man filming ended early, that’s mean they won’t come late. They ride Jong-kook’s car to go to where Tae-hyun’s small party held. Current situation in his car is awkward. If they are with Running Man members or dragon club, they would have a small talk or teasing each other like always, but when it’s just the two of them, they would keep silence and been like this for 2 years. But since their dance and her break up a week ago, she got to see the sweet and warm Kim Jong again towards her. Even though she can see clearly that he’s still a bit uncomfortable being around her and avoiding eye contact with her.

“It’s been a long time since we do a gathering with dragon club.” Ji-hyo try to break the awkwardness.

“Yeah, it is…”

“So, it will only the 4 of us?”

“No, Eun-hye will join us.”

“Ah….. right, she should be.”

Jong-kook didn’t give a response.

“How’s Eun-hye doing, oppa?”

“She’s doing well as always.”

“And how about your relationship with her?”

“………… We are good too.” He then took a glance at Ji-hyo. “Why do I feel like being interrogated?”

Ji-hyo manage to let out a chuckle even though she’s feeling a bit uncomfortable hearing his answer before. “Aniya…. It’s just, it’s been a while we’ve been in a car alone, just two of us. And I’ve been curious about her too.”

Just then, Jong-kook’s phone ringing. She can see the way he smile upon seeing the caller’s name.

“Yeobo………….seyo?” He playfully greet the caller while Ji-hyo looking at him in hurt. Even though he’s not really call yeobo, but she think she know who the caller is and choose to listen.

“Hahahaha aigoo, you know it’s not good to always being grumpy.”

“Me? I already on the way to Tae-hyun. You’re coming, right?”

“Late? Arasso, I will tell Tae-hyun. But you’re coming home with me, okay?”

“Oh is that so? Arasso, see you there yeobo.”

“Hahahaha okay, okay. I will stop. Text me when you are near, arachi?”

And Jong-kook ended the call. He turn his head looking at Ji-hyo. “Sorry, that was Eun-hye.”

“I know….” Ji-hyo force a smile. And they choose to stay silent until they reach their destination.

They are totally having fun. Ji-hyo try to avoid being close with Jong-kook by sit far from him. After spending two hours of singing, chatting, and drinking alcohol, Tae-hyun and Hyuk completely knocked out and leave Jong-kook and Ji-hyo who still sober. It’s actually surprised Jong-kook seeing Ji-hyo not drinking much remembering she is being known of her love to alcohol thing. Tonight she just drink a bottle of soju and he know that won’t makes her drunk.

“Would you like to sing any song, Ji-hyo ah?” Jong-kook offer her a mic, trying to break the awkwardness between them after their conversation at his car.

“Nope.” She answer shortly.

“Okay then, I believe Eun-hye will come in a short time. While waiting for her, let me sing a song…….for you. This song is from one of my best friend, Moon Myung-jin.”

Ji-hyo been avoiding have an eye contact with him, but this time she look up to him once he said he will sing a song for her.

At that time Eun-hye just arrive at karaoke lounge, their rendez-vous point, but she choose to stand right beside the door when she heard Jong-kook will sing song for Ji-hyo and when she sees only the two of them who still sober. Eun-hye still watching them for a little window at the door.

 

 

Moon Mung-jin – Unspeakable Secret

A secret you can’t tell anyone
Everyone has a secret like that
Even if you say it’s nothing special
Even if I try to be indifferent, it hurts

Don’t love me
I can’t help my heart being like this
What I can give you
Are just unstoppable tears
With a strange face you’ve seen for the first time
I would only give you scars in your heart
I’m just going to leave you so I can love you alone

Even loneliness feels like a long-time friend
It’s time I get used to it but I miss you

Don’t love me
I can’t help my heart being like this
What I can give you
Are just unstoppable tears
With a strange face you’ve seen for the first time
I would only give you scars in your heart
I’m just going to leave you so I can love you alone

Don’t come to me
I can’t help my heart being like this
I’m afraid the pain will go to you
I don’t know if you know that’s why I’m pushing you away
Forget the me that used to love you
Just remember the bad me who only made you cry
The lies I reluctantly say
I say with no choice because it’s for you
Though I can’t tell you I love you, I love you

 

Again, for two weeks in a row Jong-kook made Ji-hyo cry because of the song that he sang. How she really want to hold back her tears but it can’t. The lyric is too deep. She then remember the way he always push her to be with Hyuk. It just too hurt for her seeing a man that she love push her to be with someone else.

Silence filling the room since Jong-kook and Ji-hyo only stares at each other. Ji-hyo wipe away her tears. “Is that……… Is that song really for me?”

Jong-kook sigh while close his eyes for a second. “Yes, it’s for you……”

“Stop confusing and messing around with my heart, Kim Jong-kook.” She said coldly but with teary eyes. “And stop messing around with other’s heart too.”

When Jong-kook about to answer, Eun-hye suddenly barge in and surprised them.

“Annyeong!!!” She greet happily. Or to be exact trying to be happy after hearing the song before and their short conversation. “Oh? What’s this? I spare my time and the birthday boy already knocked out?” Eun-hye frown while pointing Tae-hyun.

“Wasseo?” Jong-kook walk towards Eun-hye and give her a hug. “Did you come straightly from your filming location?”

“N…..ne oppa……” Eun-hye took a glance at Ji-hyo.

“Well, I’m sorry I can’t stop these two drinking. They were having fun so much…”

“It’s okay oppa, it’s my fault too being too late.” Eun-hye can see Ji-hyo being uncomfortable. “How about we bring these drunken guys home? It’s late already.”

“Keure.” Jong-kook about to carry Hyuk’s body but then he remember about Ji-hyo. “Oh Ji-hyo ah, you come with me.”

“Gwenchana oppa, I can grab a cab.”

“No oppa, let me drive Ji-hyo unnie and Hyuk oppa home.” Ji-hyo’s eyes grow bigger in shock, but before she could speak, Eun-hye continue her words. “I mean, we’re on the same road on the way home. Hyuk oppa in Yeoeuido-dong, then I can drop Ji-hyo unnie in Hapjeong, and my home in Seongsan-dong.”

“Oh? How do you know where my home is?” Asked Ji-hyo.

“As if you don’t know these three guys have big mouths.” Eun-hye chuckle.

“Yah!! I don’t have big mouth!” Protest Jong-kook.

“Oh really? Then you and Hyuk oppa should stop talking about Ji-hyo unnie in front of me.”

“Arasso arasso, my fault. Mianhae Ji-hyo ah for telling this noisy girl where your home is.”

Ji-hyo only show a slight smile on her face. “Gwenchana oppa, not a big deal.”

“Gaja unnie, let’s carry Hyuk oppa together.”

“Let me bring him to your car.” Offered Jong-kook.

“No oppa, just take care of birthday boy. Just because we are woman doesn’t mean we are that weak not being able carry Hyuk oppa.” Answered Eun-hye with confidence.

“Ahahaha yeah right. I don’t doubt it that the two of you is pretty strong. Well, text me whenever you arrived home, ne?”

Even though Jong-kook didn’t said a specific name, but Ji-hyo can see that it’s for Eun-hye since Jong-kook’s eyes always pointed at Eun-hye.

After bid a good bye to Jong-kook, Eun-hye and Ji-hyo get in to Eun-hye’s car. At first, the car is only fill with music from radio, but then Ji-hyo try to break the awkwardness between them.

“Eun-hye ah….”

“Yes unnie?”

“You have…… a quite unique dating style.” Ji-hyo smile at Eun-hye.

“Mwuh? What do you mean, unnie?”

“You and Jong-kook oppa, both of you looks like enemy than boyfriend and girlfriend hehehe….”

“Wait, who told you that we’re dating?”

“Nobody. I just know that.”

“Oh my…… Is it the reason you back off??”

“Mwuh?”

Yes, Eun-hye know about Ji-hyo, Jong-kook, and Jang Hyuk because Jong-kook once spoiling what’s in his heart and everything about him and Ji-hyo when he was drunk and when Eun-hye right beside him. She patiently heard him crying and regretting his mistake for letting Ji-hyo go to other guy’s arm. Out of people out there, Eun-hye is probably the only person who understand his feeling. She feels hurt too when Jong-kook tell her everything. She pity these two guys. They are best friend and looks like can’t be separated but when it comes to love, they love the same woman and makes one of them hurt. Right now, Jong-kook sacrifice his feeling for Hyuk. He can’t bear seeing his best friend like in the past time. But hearing all of this making her cry. Jong-kook’s heart always belong to Ji-hyo. Even before he meet her and before meet the adult version of Ji-hyo. Meanwhile she herself still fighting the feeling that she still has for Jong-kook.

Seeing what happen today between Jong-kook and Ji-hyo, she can tell that Ji-hyo also has the same feeling as Jong-kook. She smile bitterly once she heard he sang before and seeing the way they look at each other’s eyes. There’s a complicated love story in this circle of friendship. She once experienced it and that makes her hurt too. She doesn’t want that happening again to Hyuk and Jong-kook. Both of them means so much to her. With that kind of thought, she choose to step in and trying to help solve this matter even though Hyuk must feel hurt again, but this is the best choice for everyone.

Eun-hye take a deep breath before answer Ji-hyo. “Unnie, our relationship is over years ago. Right now our relationship is just friends, not more than that.”

“What? But you guys seems…….so close. The closeness more than friends……..”

“Just because we’re close doesn’t mean we’re dating. What makes you think like that?”

Ji-hyo stay silent, didn’t answer her.

“Unnie, I swear there’s nothing between me and Jong-kook oppa. Since you got a confirmation from me, then you should go and confront him after this, asking an explanation after this.”

“Wae? Why should I confront him asking explanation?”

“I know what happen between you and him. Both of you just hurting each other’s heart…… and Hyuk oppa as well.”

Eun-hye took a glance at Ji-hyo for a second and seeing her face is full of shock. Maybe Ji-hyo’s shock because she know their little secret. Or maybe she’s shock because she brought up Hyuk’s name.

“Don’t you know that Hyuk oppa really loves you? He loves you very much that he totally break down when he knew about your dating news.”

“I know…… He confessed to me but I always manage to avoid it…… And I’m sorry for him to do that.” Said Ji-hyo while looking down to her lap.

“And don’t you know that not only Hyuk oppa, but Jong-kook oppa feels sad and hurt as well? He also love you that much until he is willing to sacrifice his own feeling and suffering alone….” Eun-hye brought his car to the left side and stop her car. She can’t concentrate when their conversation is getting emotional.

Ji-hyo can’t speak a word and only staring at Eun-hye with her teary eyes and mouth slightly open. “W….what did you just said? Jong-kook oppa loves me??”

“Oh come on unnie, I know you can feel his feeling without him telling you and stop denying what you feel and thought about him too. Maybe Jong-kook oppa good at games, but he is not good at hiding his feeling.”

“If what you said true…… If…… Jong-kook oppa really l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter