Sweet and sorrow

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A day passed since Jong-kook visited Ji-hyo appa’s funeral. Of course he still sad, but he has lots of friends and family who cheer him up. He is happy because his mother could be with him all day long and Ji-hyo said she will come visit him.

“Jong-kook ah, should we move you to a hospital in Seoul? It’s too far from home.” Suggest Jong-kook’s mother.

“Ani eomma, gwenchana. Doctor said that I can leave in few days.”

“Really? Eomma will go back and prepare clothes for few days then.”

“Eyyy eomma, you don’t have to do that, I’m big enough to take care of myself. Just stay at home and take care of appa.”

“But you are in pain, it hurts me seeing my baby’s hurt.”

“Hahahaha eomma, please stop calling me that…. I’m not a baby.”

“But in my eyes, no matter how big and how old you are, you still my baby, my youngest son.”

“Keure eomma, but please don’t call me that in front of my friends, they will surely laugh at me.” Jong-kook pout.

Just then he hear a light knock on the door and seeing a figure that he really wanted to see today. “Oh Ji-hyo ah! Come in!” Called Jong-kook happily.

Ji-hyo hesitate to go in because he is currently with his mother. Somehow she feel scared that his mother will scold her for what happened with his son. When his mother turn her head to see her face, Ji-hyo quickly bow at her. “A-annyeonghaseyo….”

“Ah…. Finally I get to meet you, Song Ji-hyo.”

Ji-hyo really couldn’t raise her head in front of his mother. “M…mianhaeyo eomonim, mianhae to drag your son into that incident…. Mianhaeyo for giving your son those wounds and even he has to do a surgery….”

She’s already prepare her heart to get a scold from her. But all she can feel is she’s being hugged by his mother which makes her a bit startled. “Ji-hyo ah, it’s not your fault that my son have those wounds. As a mother, of course I felt like my heart stop beating for a second when I heard the news that my son went into a burned house. But he can escape together with your appa. Words can’t describe how proud I am towards him.”

Jong-kook smile seeing two woman that he love the most in this world finally meet and they even hugging.

Jong-kook’s mother release the hug and hold Ji-hyo’s hands. “I’ve heard about your appa Ji-hyo ah, and I’m sorry for your loss.”

“Ne…. thank you, eomonim.”

“I will leave you two to talk then.” She said while make her way to get out from the room leaving Jong-kook with Ji-hyo.

Ji-hyo take a sit at a chair beside his bed. “Oppa, how are you feeling today? Feeling better? Are you still feeling any pain? Have you drink your medicine? Why aren’t you laying down?”

Jong-kook chuckled. “Is this how you greet me? Bombarding me with your question hahaha…”

“I’m just worried about you, oppa.” She pout but it makes Jong-kook pinch her cheek lightly.

“Aigoo, you’re so cute when you pout like that. If you’re worried about me, why don’t you hug me instead of bombarding me with your questions? Somehow I feel jealous of my mom for received a hug from you in your first meeting with her.”

“It’s a normal thing to do when girls hug each other. Besides, I can’t refuse since she’s the first one who hugged me.”

“Ah…. then if I hug you first, you can’t refuse too?” Jong-kook grin playfully.

“Hahaha dream on oppa!” Ji-hyo slap Jong-kook’s arm spontaneously and that makes Jong-kook scream in pain. She didn’t realize that she slap right on the bandage that wrapped around his arm.

“Omo oppa!! Mianhae oppa, mianhae…. I didn’t mean to hit you. Does it hurt a lot?”

But Jong-kook didn’t answer, he close his eyes tightly while holding his arm which makes Ji-hyo feeling guilty. She’s about to cry from that guilty feeling. “Mianhae oppa……” Ji-hyo hold his arm and it softly.

Actually, it’s not that hurt. He just want to play around, but seeing how guilty she is, he feels like it’s not right playing with her. “Gwenchana Ji-hyo ah…”

“But oppa I just hit your wound…. It must be hurt, mianhae oppa…. I keep hurting you.”

“Ji-hyo ah, look at me.” Slowly Ji-hyo raise her head and look at Jong-kook. “I’m okay, Ji-hyo ah. I was just playing with you.”

Ji-hyo let out a heavy sigh with her wet eyes still staring at his eyes. “It’s not funny Kim Jong-kook. I’m dead worried about you, and you are toying with me??” There’s an anger feeling when she know that he just playing around. “I think I should leave now before I hurt you more.”

Ji-hyo stand up about to leave but Jong-kook’s hand quick enough to capture her hand and pull it until Ji-hyo sit on his bed. At that moment, Jong-kook take her to his embrace.

“Mianhae Ji-hyo ah, please don’t leave me. You are not hurting me Ji-hyo ah, because you are my medicine. Please stay….”

Ji-hyo’s heart already thumping fast when Jong-kook hug her. But it's getting faster when Jong-kook said those words. Somehow, she’s afraid that he can feel how fast her heart beating right now.

“Please don’t do that again oppa…. Seeing you in pain because of me really scared me out and broke my heart. Enough for me to make you in this condition, I don’t know what to do and how much apologize I should say if I hurt you again.”

Ji-hyo slowly put her hands around his waist and rest her head on his broad shoulder. That’s the silent moment for them. Both of them enjoying the hug and the warmth. So far, this is the best feeling Jong-kook ever had because finally he has a courage to hug her and she reply his hug. The feeling for her is getting deeper. Thus heartwarming feeling is priceless. How he really want to confess at her about his feeling but deep inside his heart, he know that Ji-hyo must be known about his feeling towards her. Slowly he broke the hug between them and hold both of her hands lovingly while staring at her eyes.

Ji-hyo did the same, looking straightly into his eyes and holding back his hands. With that, enough to make her blush and make her face redden. Her heart still races inside. She fall for this guy, deeply.

“Thank you for worrying me, I’m so glad having you beside me, my dongsaeng.”

Dongsaeng. Yeah, he just called her dongsaeng. She’s slightly hurt hearing him calling her with that title. Of course he is not wrong by calling her that, because they are in oppa – dongsaeng relationship.

“Thank you for coming into my life and being my savior, oppa… you are the best oppa I’ve ever had.”

“And how about your neighbor oppa? Am I still the best comparing your neighbor oppa?”

Ji-hyo startled to hear his question. “Mwuh?? Neighbor oppa??”

“Jang-hyuk. You used to call him neighbor oppa, don’t you? Who’s the best between us? I know you closed with him as well.”

“Ah Hyuk oppa….” Ji-hyo sighed. Somehow word ‘neighbor oppa’ is pretty sensitive for her recently. “It’s just between us, don’t tell him, but you’re the best oppa!” Ji-hyo give him two thumbs up.

“Hahahaha arasso…. You’re the best dongsaeng too, Ji-hyo ah.”

“Between me and Haha oppa, who’s the best?”

“Erm….. it’s a difficult choice, Ji-hyo ah……”

“Yah!! I answer without hesitation and now you hesitate to answer that??”

“Dong-hoon got the best dongsaeng title from me…..” Jong-kook can see sadness in her eyes hearing his answer. He hold her hands again. “……but a girl named Song Ji-hyo got my attention, so she is more than the best, she is special. She’s that special until I would like to run into a burned house without hesitation. Because whenever I see her cry, it torn my heart into pieces.”

Everything that he said is really touched her heart and that makes her speechless. She hide her blush and trying to . “Get well soon oppa, so that I can pull your hair for being cheesy.”

“Then I won’t get better. I want stay at this place forever so you can’t pull my hair and you won’t dare to do something bad to sick people, aren’t you?”

Ji-hyo cover his mouth with her hand. “Never said that again, oppa! You have to get out from this place soon.” Their face are really close to each other. Ji-hyo then move her head and stop right beside his left ear to whispering her words. “If you really care for me, you should quickly escape from this place and stay by my side like before, oppa…”

Jong-kook hold her hand that covered and push it a bit so he can see her face. “I promise I will get better soon Ji-hyo ah…” He smile at her. The smile that makes her fall for him from the first day they meet.

 

 

“Jong-kookie!” Called Jang-hyuk while entering Jong-kook’s room.

“Oh Hyuk ah! You come alone? Where’s Tae-hyun?”

“He has to attend script reading for his new movie.”

“And how about you? You don’t have any schedule?”

“If I have schedule today I won’t be here.”

“Yeah, right.” Jong-kook grin at him before playing with his phone again.

“Jong-kook ah..... did Ji-hyo will come here today?”

“She already left Hyuk ah, about 30 minutes ago I guess.”

“Ah really? I’m a step too late then…”

“Waeyo? You have something to tell her?”

“Ani, I just want to see her. I wondering how she’s doing after her father’s death.”

“She’s doing fine even though I still can see sadness in her eyes.”

Jang-hyuk just nod at Jong-kook’s answer and want to utter something at his best friend but seems hesitate to say it. Jong-kook notice his weird gesture. “Do you have something to tell me?”

“Am I too obvious?” Jang-hyuk grin at Jong-kook while scratching his head.

Jong-kook smirk. “I know you for years Hyuk ah, of course I know when you have something to tell me. Come on, just tell me.”

“Actually……I need your advice and your help since you’re the only one who can help me in this matter.”

“Oh it looks pretty serious. I will help you, buddy.”

“Ok, so….. it’s about a girl……”

Jong-kook chuckled. “Since you’ve been asking about Ji-hyo, don’t say it’s about her hahaha…”

“Ne…. it’s about her.”

Jong-kook laughed slowly faded away but still showing his big grin. “What is wrong with her? Do you have any problem with her? Does she doing anything bad to you?”

“I think I love her, Jong-kook ah…”

And now the grin or smile on Jong-kook’s face completely gone. “You……..love her?”

“Yes, I love her, I love Song Ji-hyo….” Jang-hyuk smiling alone. The smile of someone who currently in love. “Have I ever told you that she was my first love?”

Jong-kook’s heart hurt hearing that his best friend falling in love with a woman that he love the most. He is struggling to put a poker face, hiding his hurt with a smile. Pretending like he is excited. “Nope, you haven’t told me about that before. How can you love her again?”

“You know, when dragon club meet, she always join us. But actually, we are pretty often meet outside too. Because our intense meeting and her personalities that makes me fall for her.”

Jong-kook just shut his mouth. He really doesn’t know what to say towards his best friend request. How can he help him when he falling in love with the same woman as his? He can no longer keep a smile on his face. It’s too much for him. In just a day, he feels like he is fly away with Ji-hyo when they hugged each other and even holding hands. But a moment later he is like fall down to the ground at a top speed when his best friend told him that he like love the same woman as his.

“Jong-kook ah, you will help me, right? I mean, you are pretty often to meet her too since both of you are member of Running Man, maybe you even know her better than I know her.”

Can he really help him? Even if he want to help his best friend, is his heart ready to face this hurtful feeling? He is in between two choices, being greedy and lost his friendship or defending his friendship and hurt his own heart. He is hopeless now. With a hard thinking, he let out a heavy sigh. “What can I do to help you, Hyuk ah?”

 

 

Right after Jang-hyuk visits, Jong-kook become quiet, not talk active like before. He want to be alone and not in the mood to meet people, especially Ji-hyo and Jang-hyuk. Only God know how frustrated he is right now because of his best friend statement, his confession, and his request. And on top of all that, he agreed to help him. Really, at that time he doesn’t mean it. Words come out just like that because the moment Hyuk confessed that he like Ji-hyo, that’s the moment he want to push him away so that he can leave him alone quickly. It hurts him badly. He can’t feel the hurt on his back because the hurt in his heart is more painful. He even command Gap-jin to move him to a hospital in Seoul without telling anyone, including Ji-hyo. Actually he only need to rest two more days and he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter