Let the guards down

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today Running Man celebrate their 3 years anniversary program with special edition. The guest for this special episode are Seol-hyun, So-you, and Park Han-byul. And the reaction the member after seeing the guests, of course we can predict it. A big smile and grin can be seen with fuss and noisy cheer too.

“Ok, so I will make you guys into two groups.” Start Taek PD. “The first group is Kim Jong-kook ssi, Haha ssi, Lee Kwang-sso ssi, Song Ji-hyo ssi, and So-you ssi.”

“YEAHHHH!!” Gary shout of joy from being in one team with Seol-hyun.

“Hhhh…. Ji-hyo again??? But at least we have So-you in our team.” Said Haha.

Ji-hyo smack Haha’s back hardly. “Wae oppa? You don’t like being in a team with me?” She give Haha a dead glare.

“A…..aniya Ji-hyo ah….. who doesn’t want to be in a team with Ace?”

“Ah…. but why you look disappointed?”

“Eyyy you should’ve check your eyes again Ji-hyo ah. Me disappointed? Of course not! We win a lot whenever we’re in a team, remember?”

“Yah! Stop it you two!” Jong-kook try to end their bicker.

Just after Jong-kook separate them, Taek PD start to inform about today’s race.

“So, I will explain the last mission first to all of you now.” Said the PD.

“Mwuh??? The last mission?? Why now??” Jae-suk startled.

“Ne, because this is the special episode, we agreed to make it dance battle for the final mission.”

“Then uri team will win!” Exclaim Suk-jin. “We have Jae-sukie, Seol-hyun, and Gary! We are very good at this!”

“Jogiyo…. Suk-jin oppa, why you’re not included me?” Ask Han-byul.

“Aish Han-byul ah, we all know that your dance skill is the same as Ji-hyo’s.”

“Mwuhragoo? Yah Suk-jin oppa! Should I bring a mirror for you?” Ji-hyo

“Hahaha I never said that I’m good either, Ji-hyo ah.”

“Hyung! Our team have Jong-kook hyung, Dong-hoon hyung, and So-you who can dance well too.” Kwang-soo didn’t want to lose.

“Ok, so this is a dance battle, but……. it will be couple dance and they will dance a waltz. And about who will dance is based on the draw later.” Taek PD continue explaining the mission.

“Omo! Jinjja??? Daebak!” Said Gary in blushing, already thinking to have a couple dance with Seol-hyun.

“There are total 4 ladies and 6 mans, you should take a draw and only 2 pair can dance this waltz dance for the final mission. But, before they do the draw, the boys and girls being brought to a separate room to get a waltz dance practice for a half and an hour and doing their make up for the chosen to dance.”

“Aigoo this episode will be fun.” Commented Jae-suk.

“I think this will be a romantic episode hyung. Waltz dance is a romantic dance.” Said Kwang-soo while looking at Gary and Seol-hyun.

While everyone teasing Gary and Seol-hyun, only 2 persons who seems nervous. It’s Jong-kook and Ji-hyo. They stand side by side but having a same mind. They are nervous if they are they are chosen to do the dance. They can hide their feeling on set, but they don’t know whether they can hide it when they have to stand in front of each other so close and even having an intense skinship.

 

Jong-kook and Ji-hyo didn’t realize that they passed the first and second mission pretty fast. Even though their mind still thinking about the last mission, but their team manage to win the second game which makes both team draw. And now the last mission is right on their face. The girls and boys being brought to a separate rooms.

“Please gather around.” Instructed Taek PD to the members. “Both team please step forward and choose one of these chopstick. Between these three chopsticks, 2 of them are a ddud and there’s only one clear chopstick. Whoever who get that will doing a final mission.”

“Kwang-soo ah, I bet you got that clear chopstick since you’re the unlucky one.” Teased Jae-suk.

“Thanks for your support hyung, I’m really looking forward for this.” Kwang-soo grinning widely but then he got a smack on his head by Haha.

“Yah Lee Kwang-soo! You can’t get it since you only can do cranky and stiff dance. For the sake of our team, let me or Jong-kook hyung do the final mission.”

“Eyyy hyung, isn’t it too much? I want to dance with So-you too.”

“Kwang-soo ah, in case you’re forgot, you have 50% possibily to dance with your stiff noona too.” Said Suk-jin referring Ji-hyo while laughing.

“Hm…… Then I will make her drunk first. You know, Ji-hyo noona’s dance is amazing when she’s drunk.”

The members only can laugh at Kwang-soo’s words.

“But hyung, your team is in trouble too if Han-byul noona is chosen.”

“Aish it’s okay, at least we have a chance to dance with the famous Han-byul. If we get Seol-hyun then we will win for sure!”

“Aigoo let’s just hope Han-byul and Suk-jin hyung get it.” Said Haha.

The members already pick their own chopstick, but haven’t seen the result yet. They agreed to reveal together with counting down. The result turns out that Gary and Jong-kook are chosen to do the final mission. Once they lift together the chopstick and knowing the result, both team shout in joy because Jong-kook and Gary good at dancing.

While everyone giggling happily, satisfied with the result, Jong-kook remains silent and only can let out a light grin on his face. The nervousness that Jong-kook felt all day long added up once he lift the chopstick and see that his chopstick is clean. He is the chosen one to the dance with Ji-hyo or So-you.

“YEAHHH!!! We’re gonna win this hyung!!!” Haha shout in Joy knowing Jong-kook is the chosen one.

“Hyung! If Ji-hyo noona is the chosen one, just force her to follow every step of yours.” Suggest Kwang-soo.

“Yah! Let’s just hope So-you is the one who will dance with me….”

“Hyung!!! I’m gonna dance with Seol-hyun!! Ahhh this is dreams comes true to dance with someone that I like…..” Said Gary with a glowing face.

“Yah Gary ah! Stop being an uncle fan!”

“Mwuh?? Uncle fan?? Hyung! I’m her oppa, not uncle fan!”

“Please remember your age Gary ah, and see the between you and Seol-hyun. It’s huge.” Teased Jae-suk.

“Aish hyung! It’s not that huge!!”

And they use the rest of the time to watch Gary and Jong-kook practice the dance with an instructor. Right after that, Jong-kook and Gary being brought to another room to re-touch up and let them change their shirt to a tuxedo that already prepared in wardrobe room.

 

Gary’s team will dance first. His team is like celebrating a new year’s eve when the curtain is opened and show that Seol-hyun wearing a white dress prettily while Han-byul still wearing her casual team’s shirt which means Seol-hyun is the one who will dance with Gary. Even Gary agape to see his crush standing beautifully and he grinning shyly. Before they start to dance, they give a bow at the audience that been invited to give a fair score for both teams.

Both of them can dance pretty well, so it’s not a surprise seeing Gary and Seol-hyun doing this waltz dance easily. They are more like romantic – comedy couple since Gary can’t stop grinning playfully at Seol-hyun and she always have her shy smile on her face.

When the first couple finished their dance, the audience immediately give them applause and admiring them. Well, not everyone. Jong-kook sit nervously in silence because he know that he will go to the stage to greet his partner. And during this short time, he keep praying that So-you will be his partner.

As for the last team, the curtain is opened and it show that Jong-kook wearing a tuxedo. His hair is being tidy up too. His look is like he attend an award. While Jong-kook walk to the stairs to fetch his ‘lady’, Seol-hyun and Han-byul were admiring and agape to see how manly Jong-kook’s looks.

When Taek PD start counting down to open the curtain for Jong-kook’s lady, Jong-kook’s heart beats crazily. The chance to dance with Ji-hyo is 50%. He didn’t know how to react if Ji-hyo is really the chosen one. Should he be happy?

Jong-kook still busy with his mind when suddenly the curtain who is 3 meters away from him being opened. The moment the curtain opened, that’s the moment he feels like he has heart attack. He can’t move his body and his eyes only staring at the beautiful creature in front of him who wears a simple and elegant black dress with a pair of silver heels. Her wavy hair and her red lips makes it more perfect. There she is, Song Ji-hyo.

Seems like not just Jong-kook who get shock by her appearance, but all Running Man cast agape to see how beautiful Ji-hyo is that night.

“Wait! PD nim, is that uri Ji-hyo?? Is that really Song Ji-hyo???” Haha can’t believe his eyes and asked Taek PD instead.

“Woah….. Ji-hyo noona is very beautiful…..” Kwang-soo can’t take his eyes off from his noona.

“Daebak…… my Monday Girlfriend is absolutely beautiful tonight….” Same as Kwang-soo, Gary staring at Ji-hyo in awe.

As for Jong-kook, his ear can’t hear all those comment because he just too focus on a beautiful lady in front of him. He then back to his sense, he step forward through the stairs to fetch her. A smile on his face didn’t disappear from his face ever since she appear. Just when he arrived right in front of her, So-you smile at Jong-kook.

“Here, oppa. Take unnie’s hand and lead her to the center of the stage. Oh, and please shut your mouth, oppa. I know unnie is beautiful but you can’t show your drooling face to the camera.” So-you giggling after teasing Jong-kook and let go of Ji-hyo’s hand from her arm then wink at Jong-kook. “Have a great dance you two and win this for our team!” She take a fast pace to sit at her team’s side.

When So-you leave, Jong-kook hold Ji-hyo’s hand while looking into her eyes. “Ji-hyo ah, you look…… incredibly stunning…….. and very beautiful…..” He said in a very low voice, almost like whisper, but he makes sure that Ji-hyo heard it well. He said it slowly because he is hardly breathe right now because of beautiful creature in front of him.

Actually, Ji-hyo’s condition isn’t different from Jong-kook. When the curtain is opened, there she saw a man standing handsomely wearing a tuxedo waiting for her. She just can’t stop admiring him and ignoring all those rare comments for her that come out from the member’s mouth. Every step that he take towards her makes her heart beats getting faster. And the moment he take her hand and said those compliment, she realize that no matter how deep the pain that he gave to her, no matter how hard he tried to hide the truth about their past which give her another pain, and no matter how long they try to avoid each other, her heart still falling for this guy over and over again.

She is blushing hearing his words. “Thank you, you look handsome as well, oppa….” For the first time after a long time, she give him her sincere smile, not the fake one. She let her guards down and let her heart control her body and mind.

Jong-kook feel his heart warm again. He finally get to receive that lovely smile of her again. The smile that she give personally to him. He just can’t stop smiling. He then offering her his arm to hold on and she gladly put her hand on his arm. They walk down the stairs to go to the center of the stage with big smile on their face.

The cast, guests, even staffs currently in awe to see this beautiful couple walking to the center of the stage slowly and beautifully. Never in their thought come out that Jong-kook and Ji-hyo would make a beautiful couple. They walk side by side with her hand lingering on his arm comfortably. Without telling to each other, the audience agree that they have special bond. Seeing this couple together is different from seeing Gary – Seol-hyun couple earlier. The first couple did make a great dance but the bond between them isn’t as strong as Jong-kook and Ji-hyo since the first couple more like being playful than romantic.

When they reach the center of the stage, Ji-hyo let go of her hand from Jong-kook’s arm and they bow to the audience. After that, they turn their body to face each other and get ready with their position. Their position is well enough to sign the PD that they are ready. Just then Taek PD signaled to turn on the music. Slowly, instrumental of ‘The Princess Diaries Waltz’ filling up the room. The music is different from the first team who is more like romantic song. This song is classical and romantic at the same time.

 

(Play this song to get the more feeling in reading this dancing part.)

 

As the music start, Jong-kook and Ji-hyo’s body start moving softly in sync with the soft music. They never let go of their eyes from looking into each other’s eyes. Their legs, hands, and body moving automatically like they used to dance this dance before. There’s a movement that they should rest their arms on each other’s waist and even their face is so close. It’s like their nose almost touch.

Actually, Ji-hyo didn’t care about her dance. She let her heart take control of her body. How she miss being this close with him, how she miss feeling his warm hand holding her hand and wrapping around her body, and how she miss smelling his manly scent. The warmth that she can feel until her heart. Her frozen heart is melting and thumping like crazy.

And for Jong-kook, he did feel the same as Ji-hyo. He miss this lovely gaze of her. The lovely gaze and smile that she give personally to him. Only him. Wrapping his arm around her tiny body feels so right. Finally he get to feel his heart getting warm again after 2 years. Same as Ji-hyo, he let his heart take control of his body. Seems like his heart, brain, and body working together well, because when the music stops, his body stop moving too with cool ending pose. So did her body who work in sync with his body. 2 minutes seems fly so fast, they aren’t willing to stop, but their body stop when the music stops. So, they keep frozen at their place with their ending pose: Jong-kook wrap his arms around her waist and bend down his upper body towards her, while Ji-hyo hug his neck. With this position, again, their face is just inch away to being touched.

If it’s not because the audience’s applause, they won’t mind having this dance all day long. But those applause wakes them up. Jong-kook pull her body softly so that she can stand up properly and let go his arms from her waist even though deep inside his heart he still want to put his arms around her waist.

“DAEBAK!!! They surely give me a goosebumps…..”

“The most beautiful live dance I’ve ever watch!”

  “They are a beautiful couple.”

“Is that really Song Ji-hyo?? Why she dance beautifully? Where’s the stiff Ji-hyo that we used to know??”

“Ah….. why do I let out a tear…? They are too beautiful…..”

“I’m speechless….. I never know they have this kind of bond…..”

“Ji-hyo unnie is very pretty and Jong-kook oppa is very handsome. They made a beautiful dance and I’m jealous…..”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter