The reaction

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyuk make his way to parking area with a heavy step. The gaze in his eyes is totally blank. Yes, he need to escape from them for a while, but still, deep inside his heart, he has been wondering whether he make the right decision or not. Seeing Ji-hyo crying for him is like stabbing his own heart. He hate to see her cry but he is the one who makes her cry.

Even though he already made a decision to let her go, but he still feel a deep hurt in his heart. Right now, he is in front of his car, but instead of get in, he lean his back to his car while closing his eyes. Just then, he feel someone slowly pull him into a hug. He still close his eyes and remain calm since he know who hug him based on her perfume and her soft touch of course. All this while, she always there for him, support him, and give him some advice. She was his first love that happen to be his best friend now, Yoon Eun-hye.

“You’re doing good, oppa. You make a good decision.” Said Eun-hye while rub his back.

“I made her cry, Eun-hye ah….. She cried because of me……..”

“She will be fine, oppa.”

“She doesn’t want me to go, but I have to……..”

Eun-hye can hear how shaky his voice is. He is holding his tears. “Just cry, oppa. Let it out and you will feel better later.”

After Eun-hye said that, Hyuk’s tears come out right away. Well, it’s not difficult for him since he has been holding that ever since he saw Ji-hyo’s tears. Eun-hye can feel the way Hyuk tighten his hug and his body is shaking.

Jong-kook and Jang Hyuk, they are quite similar in some things. Both of them is a tough man outside but always keep their problem and emotion deep inside. She know that Hyuk must be deeply hurt by his own decision but she also know that this decision is the best for him. She was shocked at first the moment he said that he want to go outstation for maybe a long time for work and of course to avoid the new couple, but then she understand his decision. First, it’s good for him to spread his career to international level, and second, because she did that years ago when she broke up with Jong-kook, that’s why she understand him the most.

 

 

Jong-kook drive Ji-hyo home, but along the way, the car is filling with silence. Both of them still busy with their own minds. They didn’t even realize that they are already in front of Ji-hyo’s apartment.

“Hey, go get a good rest, okay?” Jong-kook hold Ji-hyo’s hand while staring deeply into her big eyes.

“Oppa, are you sure you don’t want to come over?”

“Yes, love. I’m afraid if I come over, I don’t want to go back and stay at your place.”

“Well, it’s good isn’t it? I always get a good rest whenever I sleep in your arms. Besides, I want to take care of your wounds.”

Jong-kook smile at his girlfriend and pull her body towards his to hug her. “Mianhae yeobo…. As much as I want to stay with you tonight, but I think both of us need some time alone.” Jong-kook kiss Ji-hyo’s head lovingly.

“Yeah, you’re right……”

“Oh, and about my wounds, don’t worry about it, love. I already have my best medicine just now.”

“Really? When did you applied it? I don’t see you apply any medicine to your wounds.”

“Babo, you’re my medicine.”

“Ughh so cheesy….” She mean what she said but she can’t help from being blushing.

“But you like it, don’t you?”

“Ani! I don’t really like it.”

“Oh really? But why all this time your face always blushing and looks happy when I said cheesy things to you?”

“That’s because I love you so much jagiya. Sometimes I even can smile whenever I only heard your voice. Everything about you making me happy.”

“Ahh…. Ottokae? With you saying that making me doesn’t want to let you go. I’m still missing you yeobo.”

“Then how about we have a date tomorrow?”

“Tomorrow? You don’t have any schedule?’

“Nope, I don’t have any. How about you, oppa?”

“Me neither. Okay, let’s have a date tomorrow! I will fetch you at 7?”

“What?? 7??? Oppa, isn’t it too early?”

“Well, I think we should do a jog together and after that perhaps going to gym together too? No one in gym in early morning and…….” Jong-kook move his head forward and stop beside her right ear. “We can use this chance to get mushy.” He whispers seductively.

Her face become red but her hands quickly push his body from hers and cutely hit his chest numerous times. “Yah Kim Jong-kook!!! You want to die???” And Ji-hyo starts pulling hard her boyfriend’s hair.

“YAH!!! Ji-hyo ah!! Let it go!! Appo….. Appo!!!!” At first, she enjoyed seeing him scream in pain, but then she remember that he has wounds on his face and body. She let his hair go in an instant.

“Omo jagiya mianhae….. does it hurt so bad? Did Hyuk oppa hurt your head too? Mianhae jagiya……” Said Ji-hyo in worry while her hands roaming on his head, rubbing it.

Jong-kook hold both of her wrist and show his pouting lips. “Ne, it hurts so bad.”

“Jinjja?? Mianhae jagiya….. what should I do to make it better?”

“You have to kiss me.”

“Mwuh??” Ji-hyo looks blank. “You mean, kiss your wounds? Your head?”

“Ani, you have to kiss my lips.”

And Ji-hyo chuckled hearing his answer. “Hahahaha yah oppa! I pull your hair but why do I have to kiss your lips instead of your head?”

“Because whenever you kiss me, all I can feel is how much I love you, I also can feel your love for me, and that feeling can chase away all hurt feeling that I have in that moment. Tonight, not only my body, but my heart hurt as well. So I guess, the only medicine who can heal it is your kiss.”

It’s always been like this. Jong-kook can goof around and being all romantic in just a second later. And during this time she’s being his girlfriend, his romantic words always success makes her speechless. Just like now.

Slowly, Ji-hyo put her hands around his neck. “We both hurt tonight.”

And she move her head forward. Her lips already aim to landing on his lips. And a second later, their lips met. It’s an emotional night for the two of them and they expressed their feeling through the kiss. The kiss is getting deeper and more passionate until Jong-kook has to break their kiss first.

His eyes still look at hers deeply while caressing her soft cheek. “I love you, Ji-hyo ah.”

“I love you too, oppa.” She reply with smile. “Well, I’m going now. Drive safely, okay?”

When Ji-hyo about to turn her body, Jong-kook hold her wrist. “Wait.”

“Wae oppa?”

“Ji-hyo ah, listen to me carefully. You have to know, no matter how bad my condition is right now because Hyuk hit me, it doesn’t mean our friendship is over. He hit me not because he hate me, but more like hit me because he care about you and me as well. He is still be my friend, my best friend, and will always be. So, never blame yourself for his temporary departure and for what he did to me, okay?”

Somehow she can feel her eyes get watery. Yes, this kind of thought bothering her a lot. First, she broke her Hyuk oppa’s heart. Second, she makes these two best friend fight over her. Third, her boyfriend get wounds over their fights. And lastly, she had to see one of them leave because of her. But of course she can’t let her boyfriend know about her having these thoughts. She can’t broke down in front of him when he himself feel as sad as her. Comforting each other is the only thing they need tonight.

“I won’t blame myself, oppa. Don’t worry about that. I’m sad that Hyuk oppa doing that to you. I’m sad that Hyuk oppa made a decision to leave, but as long as you stay here beside me, I’ll be fine oppa.” Ji-hyo try her very best to show him a real smile, not a forceful smile, and she did it.

“That’s my girl!” Jong-kook pinch lightly her cheek.

“But oppa, since Hyuk oppa already know about us, can we told Running Man member and PDs too? Shooting for Running Man is one of our way to have a date outside.”

“Arasso, we will tell them on our next filming.”

“Yeayyy gomawo jagiya!!” Ji-hyo said happily and kiss her boyfriend’s cheek before bid a goodbye and entering her apartment building.

 

 

“Is there any special occasion today? Why am I escorted to this room?” Said Kwang-soo in confuse.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter