Storm's coming

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

These days Ji-hyo is been very busy. She got to do a photo shoot and even to do a fashion show as a main model. Most of her job now is outside of Korea which makes her rarely meet Jong-kook except for Running Man filming.

And these days too, the two of them always been in an argue. Jong-kook just want to be around Ji-hyo so that he cancel some of his schedule. But that thing made Ji-hyo mad. It’s not like she’s being mad because Jong-kook want to accompany her, but more like she doesn’t like how Jong-kook can easily cancel his schedule just for her.

Even though Jong-kook give up on coming to Beijing with her, Ji-hyo still feel a bit upset with him that she rarely reply his messages.

At this time, Jong-kook who already clear up his schedule for three days thinking what to do to pass those days. And suddenly he remember something.

He was being invited to come to a reunion of his high school. After checking up again about the date, luckily the reunion held tomorrow. He then called his friend to confirm that he will attend the reunion.

 

“Aigoo! Yaah Kim Jong-kook!!” Someone shout his Jong-kook’s name when he enters the hall.

“Omo! Jae-woong ah! Yah, it’s been a long time.” Greet Jong-kook while giving his high school mate’s a brotherly hug. “Where’s my nerd and skinny Jae-woong going? You’ve gotten more handsome and have a well-built body now.”

“Yeah, I’m not the old Jae-woong who always hide behind your back.” He says as he nostalgic his old days with Jong-kook. “Anyway, don’t think that you’re the only star here, because we have two bigger stars here. They are more famous than you.”

“Jinjja? Who are they? How dare they steal my spot as a star in this high school!” Said Jong-kook in teasing manner.

“They are already here, you are gonna meet them soon. Where are they right now?” Jae-woon starts scanning the entire hall and he spots the two other stars not far from where he stands. “There they are!” Said Jae-woong excitedly while pointing at where the two stars are.

Jong-kook instantly looking at the direction where Jae-woong pointed at and get shocked upon seeing it.

“Yah Ji-hoon ah! Come here!” Jae-woon called the man.

“Rain???” Said Jong-kook in disbelief.

“Omo! Jong-kook hyung!!” Rain walk with a fast pace and give Jong-kook a hug. “Hyung! What are you doing here?” Asked Rain.

“What do you mean by that, Ji-hoon ah? If he’s here then he is one of the alumni too.”

“Jinjja?? We often meet but why you never said that you were from this school too, hyung?” Asked Rain to Jong-kook.

“Because you never ask? Hahahaha…”

“Anyway, Jong-kook ah, you should meet the other star.” Said Jae-woong.

“Nugu?”

“Eorenmanhae Jong-kook oppa.” A soft and feminine voice come from behind Jong-kook which makes him turn around right away.

“Yeon-seo ssi??” Jong-kook look at her in amaze. “You graduated from this school too? How come I never know about this?”

“That’s because you were too busy to attend this kind of event whenever we held a reunion, Jong-kook ah.” Said Jae-woong. “Anyway, Ji-hoon ah come with me. There’s someone you should meet.” Jae-woong speak to Rain while dragging him away to leave Jong-kook and Yeon-seo alone.

“So, Yeon-seo ssi, it shocked me to know that you and Ji-hoon also come from this school.” Jong-kook start the conversation to prevent an awkward moment come.

But Yeon-seo didn’t answer and only give him a deep gaze. “Oppa, did you forget about me?”

“Mwuh? Forget? Isn’t it our first time meet each other?”

Yeon-seo chuckle “As expected, you really forget about me, oppa.” She then give her hand forward to do a handshake with him. “Eorenmanhae Jong-kook oppa. I’m Oh Haet-nim.”

“Oh Haet-nim?” Said Jong-kook while thinking about that familiar name. But then his eyes becomes bigger once he remember something. “Wait, you mean you’re my dongsaeng Oh Haet-nim???”

“Neh… We meet again oppa.” Yeon-seo show him her sweetest smile.

“Yahhh you!” Jong-kook hug tightly the woman in front of her. “How come my nerd dongsaeng become a beautiful and talented actress??”

“Cih, why are you frowning, oppa? You should be happy because I made a huge progress.”

“Aigoo babo ah, of course I’m happy. You are no longer a nerd girl who used to be bullied. You’re now a beautiful and strong girl. Enough to proof them that you’re now in a better condition than them.”

A big smile on her smile slowly faded remembering how painful her life back then. But she can still manage to put on a slight smile. “Neh oppa, thanks to you now I’m being a better person than before. If it’s not because of you who came to rescue me, maybe I will always be the bullied girl up until now.”

“I just hate seeing someone being bullied…”

Yeah, at that time Jong-kook was 27 years old. He doesn’t have any schedule so that he choose to visit his old school when seeing that bullied show. That scene reminds him of Cheon Seong-im, his first love. That’s why he appear to stop ‘the show’. And ever since that day, he become close to Yeon-seo, a girl who has been bullied. Their closeness didn’t last long as Jong-kook’s schedule start getting packed and slowly he lost contact with her.

“Anyway oppa, do you have any schedule tomorrow?”

“Ani, wae?”

“Would you come with us after this to the nearest club from here?”

“Who’s coming?”

“Me, Ji-hoon oppa, Jae-woong oppa, and some of the boys.”

Before he answer her, he check on his phone expecting that he might get a reply from his girlfriend, but no, there’s nothing. He then sigh deeply before return a smile to Yeon-seo.

“Sure, why not?” Jong-kook put his arm on Yeon-seo’s shoulder and lead her to where their friends are.

In that reunion, there’s also a reporter. That reporter caught Jong-kook and Yeon-seo together and choose to follow them.

 

 

It’s been a tiring day

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter