Happiness

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Both Ji-hyo and Jong-kook staying at Ji-hyo’s family house because it was too late for them to go back to Seoul at this time. As much as they want to sleep together, but decided to sleep in separate room as they stay at her family’s house.

“Good morning my soon to be wife.” Greet Jong-kook romantically while kissing Ji-hyo’s forehead.

Ji-hyo slowly opened her eyes and stirring her body before closing her eyes again.

“Hey love, wake up. Let’s jogging together.” Jong-kook now kissing all over Ji-hyo’s face to wake her up.

“Ughhh not now, oppa….” She mumbling with still closing her eyes.

Jong-kook just smiles looking at how his lover love to sleep. Slowly, he lay down on the bed and backhughing her.

“Hmm… This feels nice, oppa. You makes me warmer.” Said Ji-hyo who starts enjoying being in Jong-kook’s embrace.

Jong-kook still backhugging Ji-hyo, but his lips slowly kissing her bare neck.

“Should we doing another kind of sport on this bed, love? You know, this will be our first time making love in your family’s house.” Said Jong-kook in whispers still busy kissing her neck, pleasuring his lover.

At first, Ji-hyo feels pleasure as she let out a soft moan from Jong-kook’s kisses, but Jong-kook’s words wakes her up. She just realized that they’re in her family’s house. Quickly Ji-hyo push Jong-kook’s body which makes him fall from the bed to the carpeted floor.

“Aaaarrghh!! Yah Song Ji-hyo!!!” Jong-kook whinned in pain.

Ji-hyo shocked as well. She didn’t think she will push him that hard until he fell off from the bed. “Omo jagiya! Gwenchana?”

“What did I do so wrong that I have this bad treatment this morning.” Jong-kook pouts.

“Aigoo mianhae jagiya, I really didn’t mean to push you.” Ji-hyo already step down from her bed and hold him just like a mother coaxing her sulky son. “Where does it hurt, jagiya? Let me heal it.”

“Here.” Jong-kook pointing his lips with still pouting.

Ji-hyo laugh at how cute he can be. “Wae? Do you have awound on your lips? Should I give betadine on your lips?”

“Ani! You should have kiss the wound on my lips!”

“But I didn’t see any wound on your lips, jagiya.”

Jong-kook rolled his eyes. “Nevermind. Just forget it.”

As Jong-kook about to get up, Ji-hyo hold his wrist and pull it. The distance of their faces now just few inches.

“I love you, my soon to be husband.”

Then her lips start searching his lips to give him a proper morning kiss. Of course, Jong-kook happily accept and reply the kiss. But then he is the one that break the kiss. He has to broke the kiss before it turns heated and before they can’t control it.

“Gosh, I’m so in love with you, Ji-hyo ah.” Jong-kook caress Ji-hyo’s cheek lovingly.

Ji-hyo chuckle. “Glad that you feel the same as what I feel about you.”

“Baby, I guess we should move now or else I change my mind to make us sweating in this room. You have no idea how y you are in this sleepwear.”

“Ahahaha arasso oppa. Wait outside, okay? I will change my clothe first.”

“Wae? It’s not like this is the first time I see your body.”

“Yeah, and I’m sure if you stay, a tiger would come to eat me later.”

“Hmm…. A tiger would come to eat you…. Doesn’t sounds that bad.”

“Jagiya, get out!” Ji-hyo starts throwing a pillow at Jong-kook.

“Hahahaha arasso my love, no need to throwing things to me.” Jong-kook then coming out from Ji-hyo’s room with laughter.

 

By this time, the couple already jogged around the park for more than an hour. They then choose to taking a break at the nearest bench. Ji-hyo rest her head on Jong-kook’s shoulder and she also hugging Jong-kook’s arm.

“Jagiya gomawo…” Said Ji-hyo suddenly, breaking the silent and peaceful moment.

“Hm? What for?”

“For being with me. For proposed me yesterday. And also for making me feels like the happiest woman on earth. I never knew you would proposed me like that.”

“I’m glad if you feel happy, yeobo. I feel the same as you. You have no idea how happy I am when you accept my proposal. It’s like dream comes true for marrying a girl that I love so much since we were still a kid.”

“Oppa, do you still remember the promise that you made at the very first time we met?”

Jong-kook smile, reminiscing their first meet back then. “From now on, don’t play alone Seong-im ah, I will accompany you playing all the time and you won’t feel lonely anymore.”

Ji-hyo also smile as Jong-kook said the exact words that he’s been saying to her years ago. “Gojimal. Can you promise that?” She also said her part.

“Of course I can promise that! You won’t remember the word ‘lonely’ anymore. Trust me.” Jong-kook showing up his pinky finger.

She’s touched because he didn’t even miss a single word from their first met. Instead of interwined their pinky finger, Ji-hyo grab Jong-kook’s hand and brought it to her lips to kissed it.

“And you really keep your promise. Thank you so much, neighbor oppa. Thank you for suddenly appear in front of me back then, always being there for me, and also thank you for found me again after years we’ve been separated.”

“I will never break a promise that I made. Maybe because of that promise that I made to you, I can’t really love someone. And the moment I found that you’re my Seong-im, that’s the moment I knew that from our very first time meeting, I already giving my heart to you.”

Jong-kook kissed the top of Ji-hyo’s head. “Thank you for willing to spend the rest of your life with me, love. I love you sooo much.”

Ji-hyo looking up and locking up her gaze with his. “I love you too jagiya.” She then gives a peck to his lips.

“Okay, let’s go back now. We will visit your dad first then going to my family’s house. My mom can’t wait to meet her daughter in law.”

“Oh? You already told eomonim about proposing me?”

“Keurom! I told eomma and appa first before asking a blessing from your mother.”

“Let’s go then. We can’t make them waiting for us.”

And the two of them walking back to Ji-hyo’s family house hand in hand. They are not afraid anymore holding hands in public.

 

 

“Ji-min ah…. Is she mad at me?” Asked Ji-hyo to her manager once she hops on her car.

“I don’t know unnie, she just keeps quiet knowing you can’t attend on her big day.”

“How about Jong-kook oppa, has he arrived yet?”

“Neh unnie, don’t worry, Jong-kook oppa already there.”

Ji-hyo sigh in relieve and turn her gaze to her side. “I feel guilty for being too busy these days. When I got home she already fall asleep and when I’m about to go to work, she’s still sleeping.”

“Unnie it’s okay… trust me, even though she’s mad at you, that feeling will flown away the moment she saw you later.”

“I hope so….” Said Ji-hyo while looking at a hairpin in her hand.

Ji-min who catch a view of Ji-hyo staring at the hairpin, slowly speeding up the car.

“Ji-min ah, I still want to live….” Ji-hyo looking at her manager with her horrified look.

“Hahahaha don’t worry unnie, I don’t want to die either, but I have to do it so that we can’t be late.”

“Arasso, just make sure we arrived safely there.”

 

 

“Gyu-ri ah, gwenchana? You look quiet today, are you feeling sick?”

“Aniyo….”

“Then why did you look sad? You know you can tell me.”

The little girl just shook her head while still looking down.

“Gyu-ri ah, gaja. You still have to put some accessories.”

“Neh ssaem…” Slowly she follows her teacher.

The moment her teacher opens the door for her, she’s surprised seeing a familiar person in that room.

“Eomma?” Gyu-ri’s sad face turns bright in a flash.

Ji-hyo smile widely at her daughter and spreading both of her hands. Gyu-ri who is too excited to see her mother runs at Ji-hyo with full speed and crush her body at Ji-hyo’s body.

“I miss you, I miss you soooo much my baby!” Ji-hyo hugging tightly her daughter tiny body. But she also feels that her daughter also hugging her tightly. “Aigoo it’s like not just eomma who miss my baby.”

“Keurom! I miss eomma soooo much! But eomma always busy…...”

Ji-hyo pull her body and looking at her daughter face straightly. “Eomma mianhae baby-ah….. I’m sorry eomma always busy and didn’t have a time for you….” Ji-hyo caress her daughter’s soft and chubby cheek lovingly.

“Gwenchana eomma, as long as you come today, I will be fine.”

“Aigoo my baby is so kind, gomawo Gyu-ri ah.” Ji-hyo kisses all over Gyu-ri’s face. She then takes a look at her wrist watch. “I’m sure your teacher will come here to fetch you in a minute, so you better prepare yourself and do your best on stage, neh?”

“Arasso eomma! I will make you and appa proud.”

“That’s my princess! Now let me put this on your hair.” Ji-hyo shows her daughter a hairpin that she has been wanted.

“Omo eomma!! This hairpin!!!”

“Nehh, you showed me the picture of this hairpin that you wanted so much, right? Do you love it, Gyu-ri ah?”

“I love it! I love it so much eomma! Gomawo!!” She gives her mother a hug and kiss.

At that time, they heard a light knock on the door before the door being opened. “Excuse me Song Ji-hyo ssi, but Gyu-ri will perform in few minutes.” Gyu-ri’s teacher said politely to Ji-hyo.

“Neh, give us a second.” Answered Ji-hyo.

“Okay, now give eomma one last kiss before you go.” Ji-hyo pointing her lips.

“Eomma, I’m scared….”

“Oh? What are you scared of, baby?”

“I’m scared I will make a mistake and can’t do well….”

“Baby ah…. All this time, you used to sing in front of our big family. You don’t have to be scared for not doing well because I know you can do well. Remember how much halmeoni and harabeoji praise your voice? Not only them but our entire family too.” Ji-hyo try to convince her baby. But she still looks at Ji-hyo with unsure looks. “Okay, how about this. Whenever you feel nervous, just try to find eomma and appa and you don’t need to look at the audience but us. We will definitely cheer for you so that you didn’t feel nervous.”

Gyu-ri’s face change a bit. “Arasso eomma. I will just look at eomma and appa then.” She happily gives a peck on her mother lips. “Eomma, promise me you will watch me.”

Somehow Ji-hyo feels guilty that she had been working so much that she only has very limited time for her own daughter. “Nehh… I promise, darling. You will see me and your appa at front seat, cheering on you. Do your best, neh?”

“Arasso eomma! Saranghae!!” Gyu-ri make a large heart cutely while running towards her teacher.

Ji-hyo chuckled at how cute her daughter is. Slowly, she makes her way out from the room and heading to where her husband is.

 

“Ohh yeobo, wasseo?” Jong-kook greet his wife who just take a seat right beside him.

“Neh oppa, how long you’ve been here?”

“About 30 minutes I guess. How about you?”

“I actually meet our princess first on backstage. She looks very happy and nervous at the same time.”

“Oh? She’s nervous? But all I know she never said that she’s nervous, instead, I can tell that she’s pretty much confident and excited about this.”

“Yeah… maybe she saw the crowds here that makes her feeling nervous. Well, it’s a normal thing since this is her very first performance in front of public.”

“Oh, anyway, she’s been missing you. She keeps asking me about you when you are not around.”

“Neh… she said it herself and that makes me feels like a bad mother for not having a time for my daughter.”

“Aishh don’t said that! You are not a bad mother, Ji-hyo ah… if you are a bad mother then she won’t tell her friends how proud she is having you as her mother. I bet she was excited when you show up, right? That’s because she loves you so much and that also means that you are a good mother in her eyes.”

“Arasso jagiya, I’m a good mother. Mianhae….” Ji-hyo quickly apologize when she realizes the glint in her husband’s eyes change.

Jong-kook then put his arm on Ji-hyo’s shoulder before kissing the top of her head. “Just because you’re a bit busy, you can’t make a conclusion that you’re a bad mother, baby… never questioned that again, arachi?”

“Neh, gomawo jagiya.” Ji-hyo put down Jong-kook’s arm from her shoulder and hug his thick arm comfortably.

Then the show starts. It’s a performance from the students to celebrate their school’s anniversary. There are only 2 kind of performances, singing and dancing. As for Gyu-ri, she volunteered to participating in singing since she likes to sing. She got her singing ability from her father, but her dancing skill is just like her mother. That’s why she volunteered in singing.

The moment Gyu-ri going to the stage, her eyes immediately searching for her parent’s whereabouts. Her mother didn’t lie. They are at the second row and she can see them clearly. Her mother’s advice keep ringing in her head, it’s to just looking at them when she feels nervous. She really did it and again, her mother didn’t lie that by just looking at them, her nervousness might be flown away. In the end, she can perform perfectly.

As for Jong-kook and Ji-hyo, they couldn’t be more proud at their daughter. The audience cheer for her right after she finished the song. Slowly, Gyu-ri bravely to look at the audience and a wide smile appear on her face once she sees the audience like her performance. She then cutely saying thank you while bowing to the audience before makes her way out of the stage.

 

Actually, today there’s a magazine that would like to interview their little happy family. Jong-kook already allowed them to come to Gyu-ri’s school to take some pictures of her on stage.

“So Kim Jong-kook ssi, we can see that your daughter inherits your singing skill.”

“Yeah I guess so. She just loved to sing.” Jong-kook ruffling his daughter hair lovingly.

“As we know, Gyu-ri also a model sinc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter