Emotional night

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah!! Where have you been? Why is it so hard for us to contact you?” Jong-kook burst out after give Hyuk a hug and after entered his condo.

“Mian….” Hyuk reply sortly with a slight smile.

“Hyuk ah, do you have any problem?”

“What’s with your question? Do I seems like facing a problem?”

“Hm….. yeah…… sort of. Because you never behave like this…….”

“Behave like what?”

“Like this, running away like you’ve been chased by something.”

“Well, you’re right. I currently have a problem.”

“Share it with me buddy, don’t just disappear. Running away won’t solve a problem.”

“Are you sure you want to know my problem?”

“Of course! Spill it out to me.”

“Okay, so, years ago I met again with my first love. She grown up beautifully and now we become best friend. I have another best friend that been always there for me for this 20 years. I told him that I love her because he is her friend too. The problem started when I think she has the same feeling as mine when the truth she has been like my best friend. She loves him, but all he did was hurting her. Do you familiar with this kind of story?”

Jong-kook shocked hearing that. Of course he familiar with that story since that’s their story. “Hyuk ah, I……”

“Wae….? Why did you hurt her, you bastard?” Hyuk’s voice start shaking for holding his anger.

“Because I don’t want to hurt you, Hyuk ah….. I don’t want to replay the old mistake. That’s why I choose to hurt her.”

Hyuk take a big step forward and grip Jong-kook’s collar shirt while looking at him with his burning eyes. “This is for hurting her.” Hyuk hit hard Jong-kook’s face which makes Jong-kook stumble back.

Hyuk grip Jong-kook’s collar shirt again and punch him hard on his stomach until Jong-kook laying down. “That’s for choose me over her!”

Right now Jong-kook didn’t try to get up and makes Hyuk sit right on his stomach. “And this for making me like a stupid person, a bad oppa, and a bad friend.” He punch Jong-kook’s face again continuously. His hand now full of Jong-kook’s blood stain. Right when he see the blood on his hand, floor, and Jong-kook’s face full of wounds, he finally stop and move away from Jong-kook’s body.

At this time, Jong-kook try to turn his head to Hyuk’s side and trying to talk. “I….. I think….. you miss….. something. You should……. hit me again….. for……. stealing her from you…….. because she is my……. girlfriend right now…….”

“Do you think I come here without knowing that?” Hyuk smirk.

“Mwuh? Is that mean…… you know about us? B…but how come?” Said Jong-kook while trying his best to get up and lean his body on the wall.

“Next time, no matter how much you love her, just don’t hug and kiss her in public. What I mean public is including her apartment basement parking.”

Jong-kook’s eyes got bigger. He really didn’t expect that. If Hyuk said that, it means that he already knew the moment they just confess their feeling. “Mianhae Hyuk ah, mianhae…..” That’s all he can say to his best friend.

“Sorry for what?”

“For not telling you sooner….”

“And then?”

“For stealing her from you….”

“You’re wrong.”

“Mwuh?”

Hyuk walk slowly towards Jong-kook and squats in front of him. “I think you still don’t understand my intention of coming here and hit you. Let me make it clear. Yes, I was angry towards you because I feel betrayed. But do you know what makes me hurt and hit you just now? That’s because of knowing that you hurt her heart. You hurt her for me. Because you hurt her, all I can feel is her coldness since she push me away heartlessly without told me the reason.”

He then continue. “She means a lot to me, Jong-kook ah. Do you think it makes me happy if she accept my love while deep inside her heart there’s only your name in it? No, of course not. Moreover, it’s not just her, but you hurt yourself too. As big as my love towards her, it still hurts me too knowing that you sacrifice yourself for me. That’s why I beat you up. To give you a lesson to think again about your decision. You choose sacrifice yourself, 3 hearts getting hurt. But if you’re being brave by confess to her sooner and telling me that you love her as well, then only one heart getting hurt.”

Right after saying that, Hyuk stand up and went out from Jong-kook’s condo, leaving him in pain.

 

 

The next day after Hyuk beat Jong-kook, Jong-kook lock himself at his room. He feels weak. Not all over his body, only his stomach and his face. But the hurts on those parts not comparable as the hurt in his heart. He know that Ji-hyo been called him numerous times but he don’t want her to hear his weak voice. She must feel worried and the worst scene, she will come here. But after thinking about it again, he choose to accept the call.

“Yoboseyo….” He greet weakly.

At first, Ji-hyo about to burst out because Jong-kook can’t be reach this whole day, but after hearing his weak voice, it makes her worried to death. “Omo jagiya! What’s with your voice? Are you sick??”

“Ne yeobo, I’m sick….. but don’t worry, it’s not serious. I’m just get a cold….”

“Ah…. no wonder you didn’t reply my texts and my call. Oppa, should I come to your place?”

“No! You don’t have to!”

“Wae?? I want to take care of you.”

“Because I’m in my family’s house. Don’t worry yeobo, my mom can take care of me even though she doesn’t have the medicine that will make me recover fastly.”

“Really? What kind of medicine is that? Do you want me to buy you that and send it to your home?”

“Your kiss….”

“Hahahaha babo! Your mother might have a heart attack if a woman suddenly come and kiss his sick son.”

“Yah! Why are you laughing?? That’s really my medicine. I miss you so much, girlfriend.”

“I miss you too, jagiya….” Just then, she heard someone ring a bell. “Jagiya, I have a guest. I’ll call you again later, ne?”

“Arasso…. I love you, yeobo.”

“I love you too, jagiya. Rest well and don’t forget to drink your medicine.”

After hearing a ‘yes’ from Jong-kook, Ji-hyo cut the call line and heading towards monitor to check who’s coming. She can’t believe her eyes when she see her Hyuk oppa standing in front of her door.

“Omo!!!! Hyuk oppa!!!!!” Ji-hyo hug him tightly after opening the door for him.

“Yah Song Ji-hyo!! Do you want to kill me??” He struggled to release himself from her embrace.

“You know that you’re a bad oppa, right? How can you not answering my calls or replied every text from your favorite dongsaeng??? And why I can’t reach you for almost a month?? I was so worried about you oppa!” Ji-hyo slap Hyuk’s arm.

“Mianhae Ji-hyo ah, oppa has something to do for a month.” He hold Ji-hyo’s face with his hands. “But I’m here right now to play again with my favorite dongsaeng. Look at you, I only left you for a month and you become skinnier. Let’s eat out, Ji-hyo ah.”

“So, that’s why you asked me to go out today? To help me gain weight?”

“Of course! You’re smart Seong-im ah!” He lightly pinch her cheek and offered his arm to her. “Let’s go.”

“Let’s go?? Oppa, I need to change my clothes and doing some make up first.”

“For what? You won’t meet anyone, it’s only you and me.”

“But still, I should do this. I can’t go out with this shirt and bare face.”

“Hahaha arasso. Make it quick Mongji!”

“Aye captain!” Ji-hyo gesture him a salute and rush to her room.

 

“Woah oppa, it’s been a while since we visited karaoke lounge… Did something happened today?” Asked Ji-hyo once they arrived at karaoke lounge.

“Ji-hyo ah, tonight let’s just have fun…..”

30 minutes later, they sing nonstop while eating snacks. Sometimes they joke around and having small talk then continue singing and dancing again.

“Oppa…”

“Hm?” Jang-hyuk replied while munching a snack.

“Tell me, did something happen today? You seems so happy.”

“Ah that….Yes I want to tell you something. A happy news and bad news. What are you gonna hear first?”

“Hm….I choose the happy one first.” Said Ji-hyo excitedly.

“Then, let’s start with bad news first.”

“Aish this old man jinjja!! Why you asked me to choose then?!” Ji-hyo slapped his arm.

“Hahahaha mianhae…. But I can’t help to tease you.”

“Keure, let’s start with bad news.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter