Getting back together

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Morning comes. The moment Jong-kook opens his eyes, he found Hyuk already take a seat beside his bed while eating a bread while watching the news on TV.

When Hyuk about to bite his bread, his eyes meet Jong-kook’s eyes. “Oh you’re awake? How do you feel, buddy?”

“Better than last night, I guess.”

“Yeah, I heard from Ji-hyo that you were in pain last night.”

“Ji-hyo?”

“Neh, she’s staying here, right? I just met her at a couch in front of your room and she looks sleepy, that’s why I told her to wash her face and get her breakfast. Or maybe she come here first before me?”

Jong-kook stunned hearing that. ‘Seolma.....she’s not staying here last night, right?’ He said in his mind.

“I told her to go home last night....”

Hyuk let out a deep sigh, thinking that he knows what happen last night. “Jong-kook ah, how can you kick her out just like that in a very late night? She insisted to stay with you to me but all you did is kicked her out. I would be glad if she stayed here last night even though not in this room rather than knowing she’s going home alone with a cab at late night.”

“But you just met her, means that she’s okay.” Jong-kook try to control his face. Deep inside, he just realized how stupid he was to tell her go home last night. But he can’t help seeing her. Part of him, he’s still hurt when he sees her, but the other part of him keep telling him to not let her go. He’s confused at himself.

“Yes, gladly she’s fine. I wondering if I didn’t see her just now and didn’t see her tomorrow or even the another day. You know what I mean, right? What if she’s having a worst scene that I’ve been thought?”

“Yah! Hajima! Never have that kind of scary thought of her!”

“You let her go but you seems still care about her.”

“Babo. Of course I still care about her.”

“Keure? Then you should talk to her. Trying to understand and trust each other so that both of you can live happily again.”

Yeah, that’s what Jong-kook wants too. Talking and fixing their broken relationship. But somehow he is not ready yet to face her. He’s afraid they will end up arguing and in the end, she let out her precious tears again because of him. Really, he can’t stand watching her in tears again.

“I don’t know Hyuk ah..... I don’t know if I should fix it or just let her go.....”

“Wait, you mean you want give up on her? Wae? You’ve been waiting her for a long time and when you finally reunited with you only date her for few years and it’s done?”

“You don’t know how much I hurt seeing her in tears just for a jerk like me. These days, everytime I meet her, she always crying. Somehow I think that I’m not the one who can makes her happy.”

“Jong-kook ah, are you sure you want to let her go? If it was as simple as letting go, it would be easy, but you’re having trouble letting go of the past. You never had closure, so it’s difficult for you to put it behind you. So stop living in the past and live in the present. Can you do that?”

Living in the present without her…… No, it’s not only in present but in future as well. Can he really do that? Living without Song Ji-hyo? The fact that they already broke up itself already hurt him like crazy, and now imagining to live without her forever, he couldn’t dare to imagine that. Just now, he realizes how stupid he is for take a side on his own ego rather than solve everything.

Getting the answer by silence, Hyuk only can looking at his best friend with sympathy. He then stands from his seat and tapping Jong-kook’s arm.

“You love her so much and you can’t even move on from her no matter how many times you tried in the past. Just give the two of you a chance, Jong-kook ah. She was upset that she slipped out break up word. And as for you, I know you didn’t mean every single harsh words that you said to her. Both of you just at a state of mad. All you guys need is a time to cool off, I understand that. But better to solve this matter as soon as possible, okay? At least try to understand each other.”

After saying that, Hyuk prepares himself to leave.

“Where are you going?” Asked Jong-kook.

“Me? I’m going to date your little sister.”

“Mwuh?? What do you mean?? Are you dating Yeon-seo???”

“Yes, I will be her boyfriend soon and even be her husband.”

Seeing how surprised Jong-kook looks, Hyuk laugh for can’t hold his laughter anymore. “Hahahahaha you should see your face on a mirror. Your agape face is so ugly!”

“Yahh! Of course I’m surprised if you really date her! How can I have no clue about it? Since when both of you close?”

“Hahaha yeah, it’s true that soon I will be her boyfriend, but it’s in our drama.”

“Aishhh! I thought you really date her.”

Hyuk still laughing but slowly move to the door. “I’ll go first then but I will drop by later.” He is about to open the door but then he stops. “Oh, by the way there’s someone who will accompany you soon.”

Before Jong-kook could ask further, Hyuk already went out from the room which only makes him wondering who will come later.

Few minutes after Hyuk left, a nurse comes to check on his condition and she said his breakfast will come soon. Once the nurse left, he closes his eyes for a moment. Then he heard a light knock on his door, thinking it would be a nurse who bring his breakfast, he still closes his eyes.

But then he smells something familiar. No, it’s not about food. It’s the smell of Ji-hyo’s perfume. Jong-kook quickly opens his eyes and found Ji-hyo with a tray of food.

“Ji-hyo ah….. what are you doing here?”

Actually that question hurt her. Seems like he really doesn’t want to meet her. But she just let it go as she doesn’t want to create another problem between them.

“Don’t worry oppa, I’m coming not for talking about our problem. I’m coming here to give your breakfast and feed you.”

“I can eat by my self.”

“But oppa, you can’t move a lot. Just for today, let me take care of you. If you don’t want to see my face, you can simply ignore my presence or I will go, but at least let me just feed you.”

Ji-hyo then adjust Jong-kook’s bed a little and preparing the food. Seeing her sad yet tired face makes Jong-kook’s heart clenched, but still, there’s an upset feeling inside. That’s why he chooses to stay silent and do what she wants as he doesn’t want to argue with her.

Ji-hyo gives him a spoonful of healthy food into his mouth and Jong-kook takes it obediently. The third times Jong-kook takes the food from Ji-hyo, he then sees the way Ji-hyo’s eyes slowly get wetter and soon a single tear would escape from her eyes.

Before he could ask, she said her words first. “Oppa….. Mianhae……”

And he’s right. It only need a second her tears appear after Ji-hyo said her words. But he still keeps silent while looking at her as he thinks Ji-hyo would continue.

As for Ji-hyo, she really doesn’t want to talk about their problem at first place. But she just can’t help it. She can’t hold her tears to rolling down to her cheek.

“I’m sorry for being stubborn…. If only I give you a chance to explain everything it won’t be this bad. You won’t be sick and you won’t be here. Oppa, I totally understand why you mad at me. I gave you a terrible pain in your heart for not trust you, accused you cheating behind my back, and also for not letting you explain to me. I’m sorry that I hear the truth not directly from you, I’m sorry for not giving you a chance to do that….”

Ji-hyo put the plate on a lamp table beside Jong-kook’s bed and shed her tears. “I’m sorry if I’m such a terrible girlfriend back then…. I’m the one who doubt you at first but then I ask you to trust my words. But oppa, please trust me this time, you’re the only person that I love and I swear I never cheat behind your back. Bolin is like a little brother to me. I wasn’t even realized that I still wore that ring because my mind is just full of you.”

There’s no response from Jong-kook and he keep staring at her with flat expression which makes Ji-hyo sadder as she lost a hope to reconcile with him.

“I understand if you hate me right now, oppa. I also understand if you…….”

“Give me your hand.” Jong-kook cut off her words while lifting his own hand, like offering her to hold it.

“Mwuh?” Of course she’s confused with his sudden request.

“I said, give me your hand.” He said expressionless.

Somehow Ji-hyo a bit scared to face this kind of expression from him. Even though she’s still confused, but she still doing what he said. Slowly, she lifts her hand and slowly hold his hand.

Suddenly, she’s being pulled forward by him which makes her shocked with the sudden movement. He hugs her tightly.

“Oppa…….”

“I miss you Ji-hyo ah…. I’m sorry too for every hurtful words that I said to you. You know that I can’t hate you because it’s always been you that stayed in my heart. No matter how long we’ve been separated, I know we can reunite again one day. But I don’t want to be separated again with you. Not for the second times, because I love you too much, Song Ji-hyo.”

And his words success makes her tears falling again like a waterfall. She feels stupid for not believing how sincere his love towards her. “I love you too, oppa…… Please forgive me……” Ji-hyo cries on his chest.

“I’m sorry too, love….” Said Jong-kook while kissing her head lovingly.

They stay hugging each other for few minutes but then suddenly Ji-hyo remembers something which makes her pull out her body and breaks the warm hug.

“Omo oppa, mianhae. Aren’t you hurt?” Asked Ji-hyo in worries as she just realized about Jong-kook’s back.

“Ah…. You mean my back?”

Ji-hyo reply with nod.

“Don’t worry about this. I can’t even feel a slight pain on my body since you cured the pain in my heart.” Jong-kook wink at Ji-hyo.

Seeing how cheeky he is makes Ji-hyo chuckled. “Aishh this cheesy man.”

“There you are. Finally, I got my cheerful girlfriend back.” Said Jong-kook while kissing the back of Ji-hyo’s hand.

She can only smile. She loves the way he claimed her as his girlfriend again. “I love you, oppa…. I’m sorry again for everything.”

“Ji-hyo ah, let’s just drop this matter. We’re good now, right?”

“Yeah, but I still feel guilty. I feel so stupid for saying break up.”

“Love, please…. Don’t say that. You are not the only one who’s at fault, but me too. If I were in your position, I would act the same as you. And also, I’m sorry for shouting at you yesterday.”

“Ani, you have a right to shout at me. Because of that, you succeed wake me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter