Her neighbor oppa

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2012

It happen again. This is the third time Ji-hyo saw Jong-kook with Eun-hye together. Months ago she caught Jong-kook carry the drunken Eun-hye to his house and when she just done meeting Kim Ji-soo, she saw them too. Right now, she saw them again at the same place where the last time she saw them together, but their position right now is inside Jong-kook’s car who is being parked on parking lot. Unfortunately for her, she parked her car right beside his car. Jong-kook just bought a new car and hasn’t add the tint on his car’s window yet so it’s not that hard to see what’s inside the car.

Actually, just saw them like that enough give her a wound in her heart. But that wound is getting bigger when suddenly Jong-kook took out 2 scarfs from a paper bag. He show them to Eun-hye and she smile widely. A moment later, Jong-kook put one of the scarf on Eun-hye’s neck before smile at her sweetly.

All these times, she almost succeed to sort her feeling to him. Avoiding him isn’t helping much but her feeling for him little by little lessen. At least that’s what she thought. She doesn’t realize herself that her feeling for him is still strong until she saw them together again.

Ji-hyo search her hair stylist contact from her phone and call her.

“Hong-da ah…”

“Yes unnie, where are you? I already at hair salon.”

“Mianhae Hong-da ah, but could you just go to my photo shoot location? I think I couldn’t make it because I’ll be a bit late.”

“Is that so? Okay then, I’ll see you there unnie.”

“Ne….” She cut the line.

Before she drive her car, she took a glance at his car once again and smile weakly at them. Today she has photo shoot for a magazine and already make an appointment with her hair stylist to meet up at hair salon. But when she saw Jong-kook and Eun-hye at parking lot of her hair salon, she decide to back away. She know that Eun-hye goes to the same hair salon as her, but they never bump to each other since Eun-hye spend most of her time in Japan and only go to this hair salon when she’s in Korea.

Finally Ji-hyo finished her works smoothly even though she is a bit moody, but she can keep her professionalism on her work.

“Unnie, where are you going after this?” Asked Ji-min to Ji-hyo.

“Usual place.” Ji-hyo give her a knowing smile.

“Again?? Unnie, seriously, you should reduce this bad habit of yours!”

“Hahaha arasso! Just let me have fun for a while, ne?”

“And you’re there with…..?”

“Nobody. I need time for myself.”

Ji-min frown. When Ji-hyo went to club or drink alone, she know that her artist must have a problem.

“Unnie, do you want me to accompany you?”

“No need Ji-min ah… I want to be alone.” Ji-hyo force to smile at her manager. “You can go home with Hong-da. I will drive by myself.” With that, she rush to her car before her manager trying to stop her again.

She really want to be alone tonight. Actually, she’s going to meet her new recently best friend, alcohol. For her, that’s the best way to forget stressful thing and that’s what she really need right now.

She enjoy the loud music and how people happily dancing through the loud beat. On her table, there’s one big bottle of her favorite alcohol, but she’s not planning to drink much tonight. She just hope this alcohol can brush away the pain of seeing Jong-kook and Eun-hye together. She keep drinking until she felt a slight pain in her stomach. That’s when she think she had enough drinking, she try to stand up but suddenly her stomach feel like being punch, the pain is getting unbearable, and suddenly her body become weak.

This kind of pain in her stomach is familiar to her. She has been feel it since…….she doesn’t remember when, but it’s pretty often recently. Just when she stumble back to her seat, someone comes to her and hold her arm.

“Ji-hyo ah, gwenchana?”

That voice….. the voice of someone who has been hurt her deeply.

“J…Jong-kook hyungnim…. What are you doing here?” She look up to Jong-kook.

“Omo Ji-hyo ah, are you sick? You look so pale and even having cold sweat…..” Jong-kook keep holding her arm while looking at her with concern.

She smirk. “Just go and take care of your girlfriend. I don’t need your help.” Ji-hyo remove his hand from her arm and try to stand up again.

But then, she feel a sudden urge to throw up. Ignoring the stingy pain in her stomach, she run to the nearest rest room and throw up on toilet. Jong-kook did follow her, but he stops when Ji-hyo entering female rest room and choose to wait her outside.

When she finally come out, Jong-kook really shock from what he see. Besides she look paler, he found blood stain on her upper shirt. That’s obvious because she wear white t-shirt. Ji-hyo stop her weak pace when she saw Jong-kook stand right in front of her with his worry face. She let out a weak smile to him and after that her vision slowly turn into pitch black.

 

Ji-hyo wake up and found that she is not in her room. She realize that she is in hospital when she inhale the scent of hospital. She sigh and trying to remember what’s going on but then her gaze turn to her left and found Jong-kook sleeping with his head lean on her bed while one of his hand holding her hand. Actually, she can’t really seeing his face, but she know that he is Jong-kook from his hair, his scent, and…….his warm touch.

She can’t understand why he’s here and moreover, he is holding her hand while sleeping when he has girlfriend. Really, she want to release her hand from his, but deep inside her heart, she still want to be in his grip like this. She know that she can’t ask this forever, but at least for now she will let her guard down and enjoy his warm hand against her cold hand. After a while, she try to close her eyes again, but then the thought of Jong-kook and Eun-hye appear again which makes her hurt again. Slowly, she move her hand from his grip, but it makes Jong-kook wake up from his sleep.

“Oh Ji-hyo ah, you’re awake already? How are you feeling? Still feeling any pain?”

‘Yes, my heart.’ She shout in her mind. “What happen to me?”

“You fainted right after you throw up blood.”

“Am I going to die?”

“Of course not, silly. All this time you have a chronic stomach ulcher, that’s why you throw up blood.” Ji-hyo didn’t respond his, so he choose to keep talking. “Ji-hyo ah, you should stop drinking alcohol, it’s not good for your stomach and your health. Moreover, you have this illness, you should take care of your body.”

“Go.” She said weakly. She really can’t stand hearing his voice right now and she doesn’t want to cry in front of him.

“Mwuh??”

“Thank you to bring me to hospital, but your job is done, you can go back to your girlfriend. I don’t want to create any misunderstand with her.”

“What are you talking about?? No, I don’t want to leave you here alone! I’m responsible for you since I’m the latest person who talk to your doctor and know how this thing happened.”

“Who are you to me again, Kim Jong-kook? My father? My brother? Or my husband? No, you are not any of them. You are just an acquaintance for me, so you don’t have to be responsible for me.” She is glaring at him but saying those words makes her eyes stingy as well.

Jong-kook not responding her harsh words. He just staring at her eyes with his sad eyes. Ji-hyo sigh and soften her way to speak at him. “Kim Jong-kook, can you just go and never appear in front of me again except for work thing?”

“Why you always push me, Song Ji-hyo? Do you hate me that much?”

“Yes, I hate you.” She said firmly.

Her answer enough giving him a deep cut on his heart. “If I granted your wish to not appear in front of you again, will you promise me something?”

“What promise?”

“To take care of your body, don’t drink alcohol and coffee until you’re fully recover, be healthy again, and don’t get sick. Because I can’t stand seeing you sick. Will you promise me that?”

She stunned. Right now, her eyes already teary. The fastest way to kick him out from this room is agreed to his promise, so that she can freely cry when he’s gone. “I promise.”

“Good girl. I wish you a happiness, Song Ji-hyo. I’ll granted your wish.” He smile at her before turning his back to exit the room.

The moment Jong-kook turn his back, tears already flowing to her cheek. She just hope Jong-kook didn’t turn his body towards her again so that he won’t see her tears. She should be happy because he agreed to her wish, right? But why he said it like this is a farewell and he won’t see her ever again? She’s crying hard alone. She’s crying because her own words towards him and his words towards her. He’s not even saying harsh words, but it did hurt her.

Meanwhile Jong-kook feel the same feeling as Ji-hyo. He is not crying like her, but every step that he take towards exit door and from her room, his heart slowly torn into pieces. The more he’s getting farther, the more he slow down his pace until he has to stop and his hand has to lean on the wall so that he didn’t fall down. He hurt her again by let her think that he is with Eun-hye. He hurt her when she’s in pain. He’s not just hurt her, but his heart as well. He should push Hyuk to not be a coward and confess to her again after he failed confession when he was being a uest for Running Man back then. Actually, it’s not a failed confession, but more like Ji-hyo didn’t take it seriously his confession and she thought that Hyuk was playing around. As for Hyuk, he was too nervous at that time, so he admit her thought and only laugh bitterly. If it’s not for Hyuk, he will never let her go and hurt her.

Yes, Jong-kook know about Ji-hyo love him. On his way to take her to hospital, Ji-hyo awake only to groan in pain and sometimes mumbling words as an effect of alcohol he guess. And in between those words, she accidently confess that she still love him and deeply hurt to see him being lovey dovey with another woman. He’s not that careless to see Ji-hyo’s teary eyes and her shaky hand when she try to kick him out from her room.

Jong-kook look back at Ji-hyo’s room door sadly. “Don’t forgive me, Seong-im ah……. Don’t forgive your neighbor oppa…….” Then he feel a warm liquid on his cheek. He cry. He cry for hurting a woman that he love the most.

 

 

Ji-hyo’s condition is leaked out to her friends, but not to the media since Ji-hyo choose to bed rest at home after stay at hospital for two days because she doesn’t want her illness become a big issue on public. Since then, Hyuk, Tae-hyun, and even Running Man member visit her at her home. The only person who isn’t come is Jong-kook.

She did follow the procedure from her doctor in order to recover faster. She take the pills, she eat healthy food well, she avoid drinking coffee, and even sleep right on time. The result? Yes, she’s now recover from that pain. Her manager already clear up her schedule for a week for her to rest. Luckily, there is not schedule for her to filming Running Man because the PD decide to take a break for a week.

Ji-hyo still have few days from her break. Instead of sleeping, she think it will be fun if she use it to visit her mother in Pohang because her mother been worried about her and keep calling her even when she’s already recover. She then ask her manager to take her to Pohang.

She almost reach her home when s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter