His little sister

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the other side, Ji-hyo feel relieved at her manager because she insist to wait for her. It means she doesn’t have to go home with a cab. The moment she enter her car, that’s the moment her tears can’t be stopped. It keeps falling like a waterfall. Even though Ji-min worried and curious about what happen to her artist, she keep shut and turning on the radio with a quite high volume. She hope that Ji-hyo can cry her heart out. And she really did it, Ji-hyo’s cry become louder. Ji-min only can look at her unnie sadly from a rearview while keep driving.

“Unnie, should I sleepover at your place tonight?” Asked Ji-min in worries when they already arrived at Ji-hyo’s apartment building.

“No need, Ji-min ah. I just want to be alone tonight.” Ji-hyo already stop crying but her gaze is so blank.

“Arasso, but promise me that you will call me when you need anything, neh?”

“Okay….” Reply Ji-hyo with a weak voice before heading out from her car.

 

The day swift to night already. All day long, Ji-hyo just stay at home and doing nothing. Today is just like a dream to her. A nightmare to be exact. She has to pinch her own skin to prove it that this is real. The fact that Jong-kook cheating behind her back is real. It hurt her so much. That hurt until she can’t do anything what her brain asks.

She’s hungry, but her heart didn’t allow her to get up and go to kitchen. She want to cry, but seems like her heart didn’t allow that to happen since she was crying hard on her way home. Then her brain starts thinking soju. Something that she think can help her to reduce this pain. With a weak and heavy steps, slowly she made her way out from her condo and going to the nearest store.

Actually, few hours ago, she got a text from Jong-kook that he will come to her house at night to explain everything. But she didn’t reply and didn’t take it seriously. How come he explain when he remember nothing? All she can think right now is how to forget what happened today. Her mind also craving for soju. A lots of it.

The store located just right in front of her apartment building. Actually, below her apartment building there’s a shopping mall, but she doesn’t want to gain a crowd since she only wears shorts and her sleep shirt with a masker to cover up her face.

She made a right decision. People didn’t recognize her at all. 5 bottles of soju already inside a paper bag in her hand. Just when she step out from the stop, she can see a familiar figure from across the street. Yes, that’s a person who breaks her heart into pieces today. But seeing him tonight just makes her pain even hurter than before.

People might not really recognize him as he wear a cap, big sweater, and even put glasses as his disguise, but she can recognize him right away. He is currently in a coffee shop and he is not alone. He is with that woman, Oh Yeon-seo. They are holding hands, laughing, and teasing each other. They look so….. happy.

After seeing that, quickly she turn her head to another direction and run. This scene is just too painful for her. She just let her legs bring her somewhere far from them. She want to keep running but her legs give up. Her heart also give up as she starts crying again. Her free hand lean on a wall so that she didn’t fall but it’s useless. Her legs become too weak and she fall on the ground crying her heart out.

 

 

The same day, in afternoon.

“Jong-kook oppa, what happen? My manager said that you called for an urgent matter.” Said Yeon-seo once Jong-kook pick up her call.

“Why your phone’s being turned off?” Jong-kook sounds frustrated.

“Mianhae oppa, my phone’s broke and completely died.”

“Yeon-seo ah, I need to talk to you.”

“Sure oppa, go ahead. I will listen to it.”

“Aniya… I mean, I need to meet you to talk about something. Where are you right now? I will just come at your place.”

“Err…. Mianhae oppa, but I have filming to do and my schedule is quite packed for today.”

“I just need 15 minutes Yeon-seo ah… This is an urgent matter.”

“Oppa, how about we meet around my filming location at my break time.”

“Okay, what time and where should I meet you?”

“Around 8pm and we’ll meet at Vienna Coffee in Mapo-gu.”

“Wait, where?” Jong-kook asked again. That coffee shop is located right in front of Ji-hyo’s apartment building. He asked again whether Yeon-seo really said that or his mind is just so full of Ji-hyo that only can think a place around her home.

“Vienna Coffee in Mapo-gu, oppa. The coffee shop located right across Mecenatpolis Mall.”

Okay, so she really said that. Deep inside Jong-kook feels uneasy as he afraid Ji-hyo might see them together, but on the other hand he also feels there’s no problem about it since he can just run to Ji-hyo’s unit once he get the answer from Yeon-seo.

“Arasso Yeon-seo ah, see you there.”

When Jong-kook hang up the call, he immediately send a text to Ji-hyo that he will come to her at night. Of course, he didn’t expect to get a reply from her since she didn’t accept all of his calls. It’s okay for him, but he hope that she read his message.

 

Jong-kook arrived earlier than the time that he had been agreed with Yeon-seo. He is nerveous. Very nervous. What if he really did that with Yeon-seo? How he supposed to tell Ji-hyo? No, he can’t lose her. Imagining how he continue his life with Ji-hyo in it is already makes him sad.

When Jong-kook’s mind still clouded with a fear of losing Ji-hyo, Yeon-seo makes an appearance.

“Oppa, sorry I’m late… have you been waiting long?” Said Yeon-seo while taking off the scarf that been wrapped her neck.

“Ani, I just wait for 15 minutes I guess.”

“Okay, so what do you want to talk about, oppa?”

“Yeon-seo ah, last night……. Did something happen to us?” Asked Jong-kook carefully and straight to the point.

The smile on her face disappear a bit and Jong-kook see that coming. He currently prepare his heart to face the reality.

“Don’t you remember about last night, oppa?”

“I usually completely forgot about everything when I get too drunk. The thing that I remember is we go to a club with Rain, Jae-woong, and the boys. I also can remember that you don’t want to drink much as you have a schedule the next day. And I….. I don’t know what happen next.”

“You and Ji-hoon oppa is just too drunk that night which only me and Jae-woong oppa who still conscious. At first, Jae-woong oppa want to send you and Ji-hoon oppa home, but then you awake, sort of listening to what I and Jae-woong oppa were saying. You said and insist to be sending home by me. Of course I didn’t mind at all sending you home.”

“Between us…… there’s nothing happen between us, right? We didn’t do anything in my house, right?”

“I….. want to say that there’s nothing happen, but I don’t know whether what you did that night counted or not.”

“W…what do you mean? What did I do to you?”

“When I take you to your bed, suddenly you……… hug and kiss me.”

“Oh God……” At this time Jong-kook feel lost. He feels stupid, he feels hurt, he feels like the evil man who cheat behind his girlfriend. “Then, what about me being half in the morning?”

“About that, after you kissed me, you sit at the edge of your bed while massaging your temple. Seeing you seems like having a headache, I go to kitchen and take a pill and a glass of water for you. But when I arrived at your room again, you were stripping yourself. Luckily, I can manage to prevent you from completely stripping yourself until .”

Jong-kook buried his face in his palms. He really lost of words for his stupid movement when he’s drunk. It's a relieved that he didn't do anything to her.

“But don’t worry oppa, there’s nothing happen next because after I stopped you, you fell asleep.”

“Mianhae Yeon-seo ah…… jeongmal, mianhae……”

“Oppa, it’s okay….” Yeon-seo hold Jong-kook’s hand to comfort him. His hands is trembling since she told him about last night. “Let’s just forget about that, okay? It’s not a big deal and I’m fine with it. I will just pretend that night is never happen.”

Jong-kook just nod while looking down. He’s ashamed of himself for kissing Yeon-seo. He treasure her so much because she is like his little sister. He destroyed their good relationship in the first time they meet again after a long time they didn’t see each other.

“Oppa, do you have a girlfriend?” Ask Yeon-seo all of sudden.

“Mwuh? Wae? Did I spill everything to you?”

Yeon-seo chuckle as she get the answer right away. “Ah so you did have one.”

“Wae, Yeon-seo ah? Did I told you about that?”

“Ani, it’s just…. When you hugged and kissed me that night, I think you saw me as someone you’ve been missed. You keep calling that name and saying that you missed her.”

“W….who? Who do I called?” Now Jong-kook getting nervous, afraid that he might telling her indirectly about Ji-hyo.

“Hmm….. I’m not sure whether Seong-im or Sang-in since you didn’t said it clearly.”

Jong-kook sigh as he said Ji-hyo’s real name. Actually, he always see Yeon-seo as a little Ji-hyo, that Seong-im. His little sister, his best friend, and his first love that he always want to protect. He did love Yeon-seo back then but as a sister whom he want to protect. And the feeling is still the same when he met her again after a long lost contact with her. An unfinished business in protecting Seong-im probably caused him doing that thing to Yeon-seo.

“Neh, I missed her. She is my childhood friend. You just looks like her back then, pretty but being bullied. You reminds me about her a lot.”

“Okay….. So, this Seong-im or Sang-in is your current girlfriend?”

He hesitate to answer. He trust Yeon-seo, but he can’t simply telling her about that since the three of them is in entertainment industry.

“Seong-im is my first love.”

“Ah…. no wonder you were mistook me as her.” Yeon-seo nod her head in understand. “But oppa, you haven’t told me yet whether you have a girlfriend or not.”

“I…… currently don’t have any girlfriend, but I kinda like a woman right now?”

“Omo! Jinjja?? Who is that lucky woman?? Is she from entertainment industry? Is she a singer too? Or maybe an actress?”

“It’s a secret.”

“Eyyy oppa! You can tell me. You know that your secret always safe in my hand.”

“Well, you’re right. But as long as I remember you also use my secret as a weapon to threat me when you request something from me.”

“Hahahaha oppa, it was all in the past. Come on! I’m not that kind of girl anymore.”

“Hey, I learn from the past. I don’t want to be threat by you again.”

“Aishh I’ve told you that I’m not like that anymore.” Yeon-seo starts pouting for being sulky.

Jong-kook chuckle seeing that. Whether in the past or present, she is still his cute dongsaeng. He then ruffle her hair. “Aigoo my dongsaeng is so cute when putting like this.”

“Ah oppa! Don’t mess with my hair. I still have filming to do.” Yeon-seo tidy up her hair that being messed up by Jong-kook.

“One day, I promise I will t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter