The necklace

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Running Man member and guests are having so much fun filming this episode. They got to work while having fun. Even though some of the mission are quite extreme, but they really enjoyed it. As for Ji-hyo, the first time the PD told them that there is a skydiving as one of the missions, she’s actually interest on it right away. She’s not interest in how much the stars they got doing skydiving, but it’s more like she just love doing this kind of sport. When Jong-kook claim that he will do skydiving, Ji-hyo has to hold her desire to do that since the PD already told them to make a distance for a while because of that fake marriage rumor between them.

As they finished all today’s missions, the winners can get to sleep at the warm and comfortable hotel while the losers have to sleep in a tent in the middle of desert. The winners are Jong-kook, Il-woo, Dae-hee, Gary, and Ji-hyo. When Jong-kook just done washing himself, he saw his girlfriend already fall asleep on a couch comfortably. Even though he didn’t have a heart to let her sleep there, but he also didn’t want to wake her up. She looks so tired. He then take a blanket to cover up her body and give her a kiss on her forehead.

It’s morning already. When Jong-kook awake, he can see that Ji-hyo looks like didn’t even budge upon hearing the loud alarm. And that makes Jong-kook chuckle. He goes to bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth before heading to the sleeping beauty.

“Hey love, wake up…” Jong-kook rub Ji-hyo’s back lightly to wake her up.

Ji-hyo slowly open up her eyes for few seconds and mumbling something an unclear words in a low and husky voice of her before closing her eyes again.

“Nooo love! Don’t sleep again. We have to do a morning mission.”

“Oppa…..” Ji-hyo trying to wake up by rubbing her eyes. “Let me sleep for 5 more minutes…..”

“Andwae! You can’t do that, love. Let’s get up and do some stretching to freshen you up.” Said Jong-kook while pull lightly her hands so that she can sit up.

But then Ji-hyo wrap her hands to Jong-kook’s body, hugging him tightly. “Hmm…… This is so nice and warm.”

“Err….. baby, actually the camera already rolling.”

With that, Ji-hyo open up her eyes in a flash. “Mwuh??” She look up around her and sees a red beeping on a camera which installed not far from her couch. “Yah! Why didn’t you tell me?” Ji-hyo push Jong-kook’s body so that there is a space between them.

“I’ve told you that we have to do a morning mission.”

“Arasso, just go and do your mission first, I need to wash my face before face the camera.”

“Neh. Do your mission well Ji-hyo ah, I’m pretty sure the reward is about our breakfast.”

“You too, oppa. Fighting!!” Ji-hyo encourage her boyfriend and Jong-kook did the same before heading out to face the PD to do a morning mission.

Just like the day before, they will do an individual mission. Just when Running Man member and the guests finished their breakfast, they are divided into 3 groups and they will do a various individual missions. Ji-hyo got a mission to bring the spice that she already tasted before without seeing the form or the smell, meanwhile Jong-kook got a mission card that describe something. He has to take a photo of the exact necklace that have been described in the mission card.

Indeed, the ‘Capable Man’ nickname for Jong-kook suits him a lot. In just a mean time, he can found the necklace that been described. Just when he’s about to leave, there’s an urge inside him that tell him to enter the store. He follow his heart and enter the store to look around the gold jewelry.

Seeing gold remind him to Ji-hyo. If only he go to this area with her, he’s 100% sure that she will ignore him, or maybe won’t look at him since her eyes might be stuck at this shiny and beautiful jewelry. When he’s thinking about Ji-hyo, his eyes catch something. That’s a simple but elegant necklace. Without thinking twice, he bought that necklace with a wide smile appears on his face.

 

 

Last night was the last filming for this special episode. The PD give a full day for Running Man member, guests, and crew to enjoy Dubai before heading back to Korea the next day. Of course, they are scatter all around Dubai. Da-hae, jae-suk, and Kwang-soo choose to go together. Haha, Gary, Il-woo, and Suk-jin also wandering around Dubai together. Meanwhile Jong-kook and Ji-hyo, they also have their time together.

The couple started with the thing that Jong-kook do when they reach Dubai, the thing that Ji-hyo been eyeing since she heard it, a skydiving. They do various activities in one full day, including shopping souvenirs. As a closing activity of their day, Jong-kook bring Ji-hyo to have a dinner in a fancy restaurant which offers a great view of Burj Khalifa.

“Ji-hyo ah, are you happy?”

“I’m very happy oppa! Gomawo for taking me to this beautiful restaurant and also for today, jagiya.”

“Keure? Should we come here again in the future?”

“Omo! Jinjja?? You would take me to Dubai in the future, jagiya?”

“One day, I should come back to this country with my future wife.”

“Ah….. your future wife is so lucky then. I thought you wanna go back here again with me.” Ji-hyo sounded disappointed which makes Jong-kook chuckle.

“Lucky my future wife? So, you don’t want to be my future wife?”

“It’s not like that, oppa. It’s just… we never know what will happen to our future. As much as I want to be your future wife, it also can be another woman who will become your future wife.” Ji-hyo look down when she said that.

Then Jong-kook hold her hand. “Yeobo, look at me.” Ji-hyo look up and their eyes meet. “Wae? Why did you look down?”

“Aniya…. It’s just kind of hurt imagining you will end up as someone else’s husband.”

“Why did you imagining such thing? You know that I only want you as my wife.”

“But we never know about our future, jagiya.”

“Are you feeling that insecure about our future?”

Ji-hyo want to say yes, but deep inside she also said no. There’s an option for each option. In the end, she just reply with looking down again.

Jong-kook let go of her hand which makes Ji-hyo look up to her boyfriend again. She can see Jong-kook kind of taking something from inside his leather jacket.

There it is. Jong-kook finally took out a medium size of jewelry box and open it right in front of Ji-hyo. At this moment, Ji-hyo is too surprised to say or ask him about this beautiful necklace in front of her. She only look at the gold necklace and Jong-kook alternately.

“Jagiya…… what is this….?” Finally, Ji-hyo can form a question.

 

 

Jong-kook took out the necklace from the box. “Ji-hyo ah, this necklace has 2 infinity symbols. I want to give this to you so that it can remind you that my love for you is for eternity. 2 infinity symbols represent my heart and yours. I know this will sounds stingy, but I also want to remind you that your heart belong to me forever. No matter wherever you are and whomever you’re with, your heart is mine and my heart always belong to you.”

He then stand from his seat to put the necklace on Ji-hyo’s neck. “Ah….. yeppoda!” Said Jong-kook when he back to his seat.

“Who is you called beautiful? Me or the necklace?”

“Without wearing any make up or accessories, you already look beautiful in my eyes, yeobo. But this necklace makes you more beautiful.”

Since Jong-kook show her the necklace, her eyes already starts producing tears but it didn’t fall. She only can give Jong-kook a lovely gaze and a sweet smile of her while holding his hand. “This necklace is beautiful, jagiya. Thank you, I love it so much!”

“Jinjja?”

“Neh! I love it!”

“If you love it, then where’s my prize?”

“Your prize?”

“Yes, my prize for making you happy. I deserve to be happy too, right?”

Ji-hyo seems thinking for few seconds before giving Jong-kook an unsure look. “Err…… oppa, you aren’t thinking of having a prize from me, right?”

But Jong-kook only nod with a playful grin.

“Oppa, we’re in public, we can’t do that here. Besides, we have to respect their culture.”

“Yeah, you’re right, we’re in public now. But at this moment, it’s just the two of us in here, this is a private spot.”

“But still, we’re in public, oppa. This is an outdoor place. What if suddenly people look at us while doing that?”

“Hahahahaha doing what, Song Ji-hyo? What do you think that can makes me happy?”

“You must be thinking of get a kiss from me, right?”

“Oh my God. Yah! You should minimalize your thought.” Jong-kook laughing at her.

“Mwuh? You mean I’m wrong?”

But again, Jong-kook only reply with laugh.

“Eyyy it can’t be. I know you enough, Kim Jong-kook. That’s always been your request when you ask for a prize from me.”

“Close your eyes, yeobo.”

“Hm? What for? You didn’t think of attacking me, right?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter