Frozen Heart

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today Tae-hyun ask the dragon club to meet up. Of course Ji-hyo come along since she often hang out with them for 2 years. As always, Hyuk is the one who fetch her. Ever since his confession to Ji-hyo, to be exact after headset incident, Hyuk did feel embarrassed at her so he choose to distance himself from her a bit. But Ji-hyo act normal in front of him which makes him back to the old him.

When they arrived at their rendez-vous place, there’s only Tae-hyun in there.

“Tae-hyun oppa annyeong!!” Ji-hyo jump to Tae-hyun and give him a hug.

“Annyeong Ji-hyo ah! You looks happy.”

“I am! Because it’s been a long time we meet up full team hehe…” To be honest, that’s because she will get to meet Jong-kook again. She know it’s only been 3 days since their meet at Running Man, but she missed him already.

The three of them talking and laughing while waiting for Jong-kook’s arrival. But that happy moment wrecked in a second when suddenly Tae-hyun called a name.

“Oh? Eun-hye ah!” He called her happily and immediately stand up to greet her by giving her a hug.

Hyuk did the same as Tae-hyun, but not for Ji-hyo. She froze at her place once she hear that name. What makes her startled is Eun-hye didn’t come alone, there’s Jong-kook right behind her. ‘Did they come together?’

“Oppa annyeong! It’s been a long time!” Eun-hye greet her oppas happily. But then her eyes catch another familiar figure right behind Hyuk.

“Omo! Ji-hyo unnie??” She looks surprised.

Ji-hyo try hard to smile at her. The uneasy feeling of Eun-hye come together with Jong-kook still bothering her. Even though this is not her business whether they are together or not, deep inside she still hurt if seeing her neighbor oppa with another woman.

“Eun-hye ah annyeong…” Ji-hyo give her a friendly hug.

“It’s good to see you again unnie. It’s been a looooong time since we didn’t meet.” She said sincerely with her bright face and Ji-hyo only reply with a smile.

“So, she is the familiar person that you refer, Kookie? Yah! You should have just told us that you bring her!” Asked Tae-hyun.

“Of course! It’s dragon club’s gathering, and she’s still considered in this club even though she live far away from us.” Jong-kook put his arm on Eun-hye’s shoulder, side hugging her right in front of Ji-hyo.

“Oh what’s that?” Hyuk point the way Jong-kook side hug Eun-hye.

From feeling uneasy, now Ji-hyo start feeling a slight hurt even though she know that it’s a very normal thing to do that to your girlfriend.

“He has been clinging to me these days ever since he is back from his hiding.” Answered Eun-hye while chuckle.

Ji-hyo stunned at her answer. What does she mean by clinging on her these days? “Oh? Both of you aren’t in relationship?” Ji-hyo finally asked.

“Hahahahaha aniyo….” Eun-hye then look at Jong-kook. “He is my ex, unnie.”

When Ji-hyo heard her answer, she feels relieved, dumb, and hurt. Relieved because he is actually single all this time. Dumb because she feels hurt by her own imagination of him been in relationship with Eun-hye. And hurt because Jong-kook never give her an answer whenever she mention his girlfriend. He didn’t accept nor deny her words which makes her think that what’s on her mind about them is right.

“Yah! Both of you should get back together again.” Suggest Hyuk in joking manner.

“O…..oppa…….” Stuttered Eun-hye.

Even though the triangle love problem between them already solved, but deep inside, she still feeling guilty towards Jang-hyuk. The moment Jong-kook ask her to come along today, she’s feeling nervous to meet Hyuk again. To be exact, being in the same room with Jong-kook and Hyuk. Before this, she already bumped into Hyuk few times but never had a chance to talk properly since whenever they met, they always currently doing their job.

As for Hyuk, he understand behind her word and her sudden expression changed. He give Eun-hye a reassuring smile and nod his head at her. “I’m fine. Past is past and I already move on.” He took a glance at Ji-hyo who stand right beside him, signaling to Eun-hye that Ji-hyo is the one he referred.

“Omo! Jinnja?? Good for you then.” Eun-hye receive his signal and feel relieved.

Ji-hyo didn’t really into their conversation after Eun-hye answered her question because she is busy with her thought. Just when she back to reality, she heard something that more hurt than before.

“Then, are you really okay if one day we get back together again?” Said Jong-kook with a wide grin on his face and his arm still rest on Eun-hye’s shoulder.

She was so confident about her feeling towards Jong-kook and about her plan to makes him hers the moment she knew the truth about him and their past. She was confident that they would end up together even though Jong-kook act cold towards her ever since she push him away. It’s okay for her, she accept that because it’s all her fault anyway, but she promise to herself to makes him melt and not cold at her again, she promise to tell him that she will tell him that she know about their past, and she promise to apologize and confess to him that she love him. She still love him, her first love.

But slowly she lost all those confidences in herself the moment Jong-kook said that right in front of her. She think she can bear this hurt feeling. She think she can be strong enough to face this kind of scene which she already predict she will face this in the future. But no, her heart isn’t ready yet. All these times, she only watch their lovey dovey act from afar, never been as close as now. She didn’t think it will be this hurt.

“Yah oppa, stop joking around!” Eun-hye hit Jong-kook’s chest lightly but they can see that she’s blushing.

“Wae? Shiro??” Asked Jong-kook.

“Yah yah yah! Can’t we just eat? There’s hungry person here!” Protested Tae-hyun while raise his hand.

“Ahaha keure, let’s eat.” Said Hyuk while lead Ji-hyo back to her seat.

Hyuk take a seat beside Ji-hyo, Jong-kook beside Eun-hye who sit right in front of Ji-hyo, and Tae-hyun take a seat beside Hyuk.

“Aisshhh I should have bring my wife today. I feel like I’m a mosquito here.” Tae-hyun frown when Hyuk and Jong-kook’s attention goes to their woman beside them.

All of them laugh at grumpy Tae-hyun.

“So unnie, tell me, how did you end up hanging out with these old, grumpy, and nagging guys?” Asked Eun-hye to Ji-hyo.

“Yah!!!” Shout Jong-kook, Hyuk, and Tae-hyun almost at the same time to Eun-hye which makes the two womans laugh.

“Hyuk oppa is my childhood friend and he introduced me to this dragon club.”

“Really? Daebak! Why you never told me that Ji-hyo unnie is your childhood friend, oppa?” Eun-hye turn her gaze to Hyuk.

“Because we separated for a long time and only get to meet each other again about two years ago.” Hyuk answer casually.

“Then unnie, you must be comfortable hanging out with these old mans since you have Hyuk oppa as your childhood friend and Jong-kook oppa as your best friend since you’re on a same program as him.”

Before Ji-hyo could answer, Jong-kook take a turn to answer.

“We aren’t that close, Eun-hye ah.” Jong-kook said while flipping the meat on a grill pan in front of him.

His answer hurt Ji-hyo but she could only stare at him in disbelieve.

“Eyyy how could that possible when you meet her every once a week and even hanging out with her with dragon club.” Eun-hye chuckle.

“It’s possible, because we just a good friends. Not more than that.”

Even though Tae-hyun seems playful all the time, but he can sense there’s something wrong between Ji-hyo and Jong-kook. The way Ji-hyo looking at Jong-kook the moment Jong-kook and Eun-hye arrived, he knew that there must be something going on between them. But he choose to keep silent and will confront her later.

“Yah Eun-hye ah! Japan really changed you, huh? You are being talk active since you’re back.” Tae-hyun try to divert conversation from Jong-kook and Ji-hyo thing.

“Well, it’s a good thing, isn’t it?”

“Ani! You stole my position as an emcee in this group. Usually, I’m the one who will started the conversation. I’m a starter!”

“Can’t I be a starter this time?”

“You can’t!”

“Waeyo???? Wae oppa??”

Hyuk laugh seeing Eun-hye and Tae-hyun bickering. “Hahahah here we go again, the bickering sibling is back!”

Everyone then laugh. Everyone except Ji-hyo. She still upset and hurt with Jong-kook’s statement. But in the end, she put aside her personal feeling and get along with them.

They did forgot about time when they are together. It’s night already and they choose to go home. Eun-hye is the first one to exit the restaurant but once she take one step out from exit door, someone running fastly at her direction strike her body until she fall to the ground right away.

“Eun-hye ah!!” Jong-kook who stand right behind her quickly help Eun-hye.

Hyuk, Ji-hyo, and Tae-hyun also panic and try to help her. But Ji-hyo stop her pace when she saw Jong-kook hold Eun-hye’s body.

“Eun-hye ah, gwenchana?” Asked Tae-hyun.

Eun-hye about to answer Tae-hyun when Jong-kook try to help her stand up by holding her arm but there’s and that’s makes her yelp in pain.

“Eun-hyeah, did you hurt anywhere??” Jong-kook asked her in worry.

“M….my shoulder hurt so bad, oppa…….” Eun-hye shut her eyes to endure the pain.

“We should bring her to hospital, Jong-kook ah.” Said Hyuk.

“Please hold the pain for a while, Eun-hye ah.  We will bring you to hospital.” Jong-kook brushed Eun-hye’s hair that fall on her face and carry her with bridal style to his car.

Hyuk, Ji-hyo, and Tae-hyun also come to hospital with their car following Jong-kook’s car. On their war to hospital, Ji-hyo keep quiet. She feels bad for Eun-hye, but she feels hurt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter