Her savior

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong-kook and Ji-hyo already turn their body from In-sung, but then Jong-kook stop his pace and turn his body again to straightly look at In-sung’s eyes.

“In-sung ah, if we meet again in another time with this kind of situation, especially with this lady, I won’t let you go easily.” It’s a warning but Jong-kook put a slight smile on his face.

In-sung smirk at Jong-kook’s words. “Jong-kook hyung, I don’t want to be rude but may I asked who are you to her? Because I have the right to take her since I’m her boyfriend.”

“Ex-boyfriend.” Ji-hyo make it clear without even turning her back.

Jong-kook raise his eyebrow in satisfied. “See? You heard her, right? Well answering your question before, I’m her oppa and her best friend at the same time. And I will punish anyone who dare to force, hurt, or make my dongsaeng sad.”

Jong-kook choose to leave before their argue getting worse. “Gaja Ji-hyo ah.” He put his arm around Ji-hyo waist, lead her to his car.

In-sung just see the two figure getting far from him. He still stand at his place. If this is a comic, then there must be kind of smoke around his head and his face will colored by red. Jealous and upset. Yes, that’s what he feel right now.

 

 

Silence filling out Jong-kook’s car ever since they get into the car. Two people inside but no one said a word, too busy with their own mind. Actually, Jong-kook is really curious about them. There must be something between Ji-hyo and In-sung, but he respect Ji-hyo’s privacy so he manage to bury his curiosity. Almost 20 minutes passed with no music, not even conversation until Ji-hyo let out a deep sigh.

“Oppa, thank you for save me from that situation.”

“It’s nothing Ji-hyo ah…”

“He……is my ex, oppa.”

“Ji-hyo ah, it’s okay to not telling me about that.”

“Since you witnessed a little scene that happened at parking lot before, I think you should know about this oppa….. And I need someone to hear me out.”

“Okay then, oppa will hear you.” Jong-kook took a glance at her with a smile on his face.

“It started 3 years ago when I filmed Frozen Flower. The movie that I put so much effort in it because to be honest, it was so hard for me doing a movie with…….lots of scene. He was my partner and he help me a lot from the start until the end of filming. We get closer than before until he confessed to me and we become a couple.”

“We only date for 3 months when he went to his mandatory service. Everything was fine until his vacation who should be a happy time for me, turn into a disaster. He became overly sensitive in a small matter and we have a fight. I just can’t stand the way he ignore all my calls and texts, so I choose to go to his apartment and…….” She pause for a second before continue. “And I found him with another woman. They are sleeping together. And they are . The moment I witnessed that scene, it’s like the whole world falling down. It hurt me so much….”

Jong-kook grip tightly the steer. He can feel the hurt that Ji-hyo has been experienced. “Was he doing that under alcohol or with his right mind?”

“He admit that he was doing that not because he was under the effect of alcohol, he said that it was a mistake and that lead us into a big fight. I’m such a fool, right? I can easily fall in love with him because we were having several times for that movie and of course because his look.”

“Ani, you are not a fool Ji-hyo ah, it was his fault to waste a diamond that he has and now he want to get his diamond back. If only we know each other sooner, I will make sure he will get on his knees in front of you or maybe I won’t let him live happily as before. He should pay the price for hurting your heart.”

Ji-hyo stunned hearing those words from Jong-kook and her heart start fluttering. It’s the first time in her life hearing those words in real life, not in a drama or movie. This oppa has something special that can moved her heart in only a month with his gentle manner, his jokes, and his smile. Even though they only get close for few weeks, but she feels like she know him for the entire of her life. She feel safe, warm, and comfortable when he’s around.

“Now you have my number, save it and call me whenever he appears and bothering you again. I will run straightly to protect you from him.”

“Hahaha…. Gojimal. Can you promise that? Because I’m not sure you will straightly run to me. What if you have a job at that time?”

Jong-kook smile hearing that. It appears again, her unique words. “Of course I can promise that. Oppa will finished it fast then oppa will run to you, so you should wait for a while, arachi?”

Again. She feels like she has been hearing those words in the past. That words is so familiar in her ears. And again, her past memories about neighbor oppa hit her when she’s with Jong-kook. Jang-hyuk once told her that she used to call him neighbor oppa. Then, is he neighbor oppa that she has been thinking all the time? She can clearly remember the child version of Jang-hyuk’s face, but why the neighbor oppa that often come to her dream has a blur face. Well, to be exact, seems like her memory prevent her to see his face and even his name never being mentioned in all her dreams about him.

“Ji-hyo ah? Yoboseyo Song Ji-hyo, you there?” Jong-kook wave his hand in front of her face.

“Oh? Wae?”

“Wae??? Yah! You’ve been ignore me. I was like talking with a wall just then.” He pout.

“I’m sorry, oppa… what were you told me before?” The thought of neighbor oppa really can makes her completely forgot about what he just said to her.

“I was asking whether I’m the most handsome guy among Running Man member, and you nodded your head.”

“Mwuh???” That was the most ridiculous question that she ever heard and what makes she shocked is her answer with a nod.

“I said, you admit that I’m handsome, Song Ji-hyo.” Jong-kook couldn’t help to and have to hold his laughter.

“Me??? I admit that you’re handsome??? I nod at that kind of question??? Oppa, there must be a mistake, I would never……” Suddenly she remember the conversation she just had with Jong-kook.

“Yah Kim Jong-kook! You think you can fool me with such thing?” She slap Jong-kook’s arm.

“Hahahaha that’s your fault for being blank all of sudden and when you get your sense back, you forgot our conversation.” Jong-kook laugh hard.

“Yeah, keep laughing on me Kim Jong-kook and I will keep slapping you.” Ji-hyo slap his arm harder than before.

“Aaaa…. It hurts! Mianhae Ji-hyo ah, mianhae. I just couldn’t help to tease you. You are just so blank hahaha…”

The silence that was filling the car now turns into laughter and bickering between them. They even didn’t realize that they are already reach Ilsan. Ji-hyo then guide him to her apartment complex and he stop his car when they arrived at their destination.

Ji-hyo take the seat belt off and turn her body to face her oppa. “Oppa gomawo… thank you so much for tonight…” She sincerely thank him.

“What did I do that you thank me multiple times tonight?”

“For save me from that guy, for listening to my story, and for making me laugh again when I feel bad mood.”

“Do not thank me for that Ji-hyo ah. It’s my job to do that…” Jong-kook smile at her.

“Keurom, I’ll get in then…” That smile of him success makes her blush and want to get out from his car immediately to hide her already pinkish cheek. But then she remember still wearing Jong-kook’s jacket. “Oh oppa, your jacket.”

Ji-hyo about to take off the jacket when Jong-kook suddenly hold her arm. “Please wear that… you still have to walk against this cold weather.”

“But oppa, I just need to walk about 5 meters to get in, I just can run.”

“Andwae, it’s still too cold out there.” Jong-kook open the lock door.

She let out a soft smile to him before went out. “Drive safe oppa and let me know if you safely arrive at your home.” Ji-hyo close the door and walk with a fast pace.

Jong-kook still waiting until she entered the building. But right in front of the entrance, Ji-hyo suddenly stop her pace and bent down while holding her stomach. Without thinking, Jong-kook rashly go to her side.

“Ji-hyo ah, what’s wrong? Gwenchana?” He worriedly look at the tiny figure beside him who still bent down.

She’s not answering and that’s makes Jong-kook more worried. He squat in front of her and take her body to his back. “Ji-hyo ah, we’ll go to hospital now.”

When Jong-kook about to run back to his car, her hand hold his arm.

“Andwae oppa, just….. go to my apartment.”

“But you…..”

“8th floor, door number 818, passcode 0881.” She said with a weak voice, obviously hold the pain.

Jong-kook change his direction from his car to the elevator inside the building. In the elevator, Ji-hyo’s hand covered , gesturing like she want to throw up.

“Please hold it for a while Ji-hyo ah, we almost reach your room.”

They reach at Ji-hyo’s floor and Jong-kook quickly enter the passcode. Once they enter her apartment, Ji-hyo run to bathroom and throw up at toilet. Jong-kook follow her to the bathroom and massage the back of her neck. To his surprise, her throw up isn’t normal. It contains red stain in it. Blood.

When she finished with her business, she flush the toilet with a hope Jong-kook didn’t see it but of course she’s too late.

“I’m sorry oppa you have to see this.” She said while wiping with a towel.

“Ji-hyo ah…..why you……throw up a blood? Are you sick?”

Busted. He see that and that’s makes her flustered, doesn’t know how to answer. “I’m okay oppa.”

“Ji-hyo ah, that’s not okay. That’s not a normal throw up.”

“I’m okay oppa, it’s been a while and I’m getting used to it.”

“Mwuh?? It’s been a while? You getting used to it?” Jong-kook is more worried than before. “Have you go to hospital to check about that?”

“Not yet, I’m pretty busy with my schedule.”

“Song Ji-hyo, this is a serious matter. You come with me and we go to hospital now!” Jong-kook grab her hand and about to drag her but she strongly resist.

“Shiro!! I don’t want to oppa!” She try to let go of his tight grip on her hand but of course she failed since he is too strong comparing to her.

“Cheon Seong-im!! Listen to me! It will get worse if you not going to hospital now!” He just too worried and lost his patience until didn’t realize that he just yelled at her.

Ji-hyo look at him with wet eyes. “Did you just yelling at me? And what did you call me? Cheon Seong-im?? Who are you to freely calling out my real name?! And who are you to drag me to hospital? It’s my life Kim Jong-kook ssi, so I have the right to choose whether I want to go to hospital or not!!”

The words that come from makes him hurt and hard enough to wake him up. Slowly, he let go of his grip from her hand and let out a bitter smile. “You’re right, I’m nobody to you and I’m sorry for calling out your real name and yelled at you. I’m sorry Song Ji-hyo ssi, I’ll make sure it won’t happen again in the future. I promise.”

Jong-kook made his way to the exit door and manage to get out from her apartment. He just walk and walk until he didn’t realize that he already inside his car. Ji-hyo’s word is keep echoing in his head. The more he think about it, the more he feel hurt inside. ‘You’re right Ji-hyo ah, the present Kim Jong-kook is nobody for the present Cheon Seo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter