Short Time Jump

Mansae!

"Okay, finally everyone's here!" Na Ra exclaimed as wind busied her hair.

It was after midterms and everyone needed a break. So, the group decided to have a picnic lunch. The park was gorgeous, with its center water fountain and lush green fields. Na Ra arrived hand-in-hand with Ji Hoon. Seung Cheol and Mi Yeon arrived with hands on each other's waists. Lastly, Vernon arrived accompanied by a shy-looking freshman. She was introduced as his girlfriend and everyone congratulated them and welcomed her with opened arms.

They group laid out a couple of blankets and placed their baskets and thermoses on the ground. Mi Yeon sat with her legs out in front of her and soon after, Seung Cheol took the space behind her, placing his legs around her so that he sat close to her back. He hugged her from behind and she snuggled into him.

"How's working with your mom's friend?" Mi Yeon asked Na Ra across the area.

She smiled, "It's great. I feel like I'm learning a lot, especially with cooking. The ahjumma teaches me after the store closes."

Ji Hoon. who sat next to Na Ra, began to pass out sandwiches. After everyone was equipped, he placed a couple boxes of kimbap between them and everyone began to share.

"How were midterms?" Seung Cheol asked no one in particular.

"Let's talk about happy things, huh?" Vernon responded, earning a chuckle from his girlfriend.

They continued to eat and talk about their new experiences at their respective colleges. Mi Yeon told them all about her art classes and her foreign lecturers. Everyone seemed intrigued in listening and sharing their stories as each of them were pursuing different fields of study.

---

When the sun eased up, the couples separated and began to relax together. Na Ra and Ji Hoon left for a walk to get ice cream for everyone. Vernon and his girlfriend went to play with the dogs in the adjacent dog park.

Seung Cheol lay down in the shaded area and stretched his right arm out. Mi Yeon joined him, placing her head on his upper arm. She looked up at him and gave him a quick peck on his cheek.

"Oh?" He asked. He tilted her head up to him and bent down to give her a kiss on her lips. They continued like that, enjoying their time together. They had been overcoming their grief in the midst of their school demands and now that they had no worries for the time being, they basked in their joy and comfort with one another.

"Can we just stay here forever?" Seung Cheol asked as their kiss broke.

Mi Yeon her side to face him. She cupped his face with her right hand and admired as the sun's rays reflected in his eyes, making them shine like diamonds. He turned to look at her and she smiled automatically.

"Am I that handsome?" He teased.

She nodded. "Do you know what else you are?"

"Hmm..I'm yours?"

"Exactly."