An Explanation

Mansae!

"That looks perfect" her mother exclaimed from across the store.  

Mi Yeon smiled and folded the dark blue dress over her arm. This was what she needed; shopping time with her mother. As soon as the two women had entered the store, they headed in opposite directions to get the entire scope of the store's offerings. Whenever they found something that was good for either of them,they'd lift it in the air and wait for the other person's approval or disapproval. After half an hour, they reunited in the center and headed off to the changing rooms in the rear of the store.  

Mi Yeon's mother had finished quicker than her and went to place her items onto the counter by the cashier. When Mi Yeon finished trying on the blue dress, she left the room to get her mother's opinion. The dress fit snugly and reached right above her knee. Its sweetheart top complimented her collar bones and showed just enough flesh that made her look her age.  

When she walked out of the room, she found herself staring into the admirable eyes of Won Woo. He stood up immediately when he saw her. His eyes moved up her body, till they stopped on her face.  

"What do you think?" Mi Yeon asked, overcoming her shock. 

Rather than answer her, he strolled up to her so close, that he was in her personal space. He bent down to match her eye-level and gave her a gentle peck on the cheek. "You look stunning."  

Mi Yeon felt the heat rise to her cheeks and she continued to stare at Won Woo.  

"Omo! That looks great! We have to get it!" Her mother called from behind.  

Shaken by her mother's words, Won Woo took a step back and averted his gaze. Mi Yeon turned to return to the changing room, but was stopped short by a voice in the store. 

"Mrs. Kim! How great to see you!" A woman, about her mother's age, approached, followed by someone who made Mi Yeon's heart drop: Seung Cheol. 

Her mother turned to greet the woman warmly, but didn’t show the same joy to the son.  

Seung Cheol stepped away to be in the same area as Mi Yeon and Won Woo. Mi Yeon braced herself for the encounter as Won Woo moved to stand in between Mi Yeon and Seung Cheol.  

"I just want to talk to her," Seung Cheol told Won Woo. 

The Driver scoffed at him and replied, "In your dreams, kid." 

"Kid?!" Seung Cheol said, raising his voice, outraged.  

Won Woo snapped his head suddenly to his right as Mi Yeon placed a hand on his shoulder. She appeared at his side and looked at Seung Cheol. 

"What is it?" She asked. 

"Mi Yeon-ah, can you just let me explain? I really want to make things right between us." 

Won Woo took a step forward, but Mi Yeon squeezed his shoulder as a warning. However, Seung Cheol seemed to be having a stare-down with Won Woo and Mi Yeon was becoming impatient. She turned to go to the room, but was stopped once again. 

"You were right, okay? I could've done something that night but I didn’t." Seung Cheol's desperate tone made her turn to face him. 

"What do you mean?" Mi Yeon asked, taking cautious steps closer to him. 

"Tae Hyun called me that night and he sounded really down. I told him to meet up with me tomorrow and then I hung up and I went to sleep. He said he was tired of everything and wanted a break." 

Mi Yeon's eyes widened. "What else did he say?" 

"He said something about leaving a note somewhere in your room; somewhere only you can find." 

Mi Yeon staggered slightly as her head spun with the news. Won Woo guided her to a sofa and look on worriedly. "So you were just blaming me?" 

"I needed someone to blame so I felt less guilty but you deserved to know," Seung Cheol replied, stuffing his hands in his pockets and turning his gaze to the floor.  

His mother approached and Mi Yeon greeted her as best as she could. Afterwards, the woman and her son left the store. Mi Yeon didn’t glance at Seung Cheol, unable to adjust to what he had just told her. Instead, she took a moment to compose herself before changing back into her original clothes.