Accidental Skinship

Mansae!

A week had passed and Mi Yeon still hadn't taken a ride with Won Woo. Every morning she would find him waiting by the meal table and every day she rejected his offers to leave the house.  

This morning, the maid presented her with a letter that came in the mail. The front of the envelope had the Korea University stamp on it and Mi Yeon hurriedly opened it. After unfolding it and reading its contents, Mi Yeon smiled. She had gotten accepted; accepted through the Dean, but accepted all the same. 

"I got in," she said to herself.  

"Congratulations," Won Woo said from across the table.  

Mi Yeon turned to him and nodded, thanking him. "I think this morning, I'd like to go somewhere." 

Won Woo perked up and seemed relieved that he was finally being useful and earning his paycheck.  

After breakfast, Mi Yeon returned to her room to change, getting ready to leave. She pulled on a pair of dark blue jeans, a black and white tank top, a pair of black booties and a black cardigan. After combing her hair, she pulled it into a neat ponytail and checked her face in the mirror. She quickly applied some face powder and a subtle lip gloss.  

When she stepped outside of her room, Won Woo stood, waiting for her in the hallway. When he saw her, his eyes opened in shock. She looked better than what he was accustomed to and stood still, taking her in. 

"You look amazing," he told her. 

"Thanks," she replied, hoping her blush wasn’t obvious.  

Won Woo led her outside of the compound and onto the streets where his car was parked. He opened the back door for her and watched her carefully as she took her seat. Once he closed her door, he took his seat behind the wheel and started the engine. 

"Where to?" He asked, looking at her through the mirror.  

"You know the Crematorium outside the city?" 

"Yes. Should we get going?" 

"While we can, please." 

Won Woo nodded, realizing that she wanted to visit her brother's ashes. He was happy that he could take her there and pulled from the curb, ready to join the line of cars that headed out of the city. 

---

 Mi Yeon made her way through the entrance, up the flight of stairs and finally, down the hall to locate her brother's ashes. The walls were filled with deceased members of the country and Mi Yeon saw many people sitting and being in their own thoughts. She tried to ignore the cries that came from those on the floor above her as she made her way in front of her brother's ashes. 

Won Woo followed her in, making sure that she was safe and uninterrupted. He kept his distance, though, giving her privacy. 

Mi Yeon stood still as she read her brother's name on the clay jar that contained his remains. The tears were forming on their own and she did not stop them. She placed a shaking hand on the glass and moved closer. A single tear escaped and disappeared into her cardigan. The other tears followed their leader and escaped, flowing freely down her cheeks.  

"I got into University, Oppa." 

She breathed in a shaky breath, trying to breath against the tears.  

"We could've gone together."  

Mi Yeon crumbled to the floor, overcome by the rush of emotions. She kept imagining finding his pulse-less body in her bathroom. She felt hands on her shoulders, steadying her but not lifting her up.  

 

She must have fallen asleep because when she awoke, she found herself looking up at Won Woo's face. They were still on the floor an his arm was around her shoulder. She was leaning against his chest, looking up at his sleeping face. Carefully, so as to not wake him suddenly, she pulled her phone from her pocket and saw that they had been there for a little over three hours. Also, Seung Cheol had left her several text messages and had called her constantly for a full hour.  

Slowly, she stood up and made her way to the small cafe downstairs. She was glad that Won Woo was leaning against the wall, so that he wouldn’t have too much pain.  

In the cafe, she bought two cans of coffee and hurried upstairs to wake Won Woo.  

She sat in front of him and moved to wake up. However, as she lifted her gaze to his face, she realized how calm he looked sleeping. She brought her hand to his head and moved a loose lock of hair from his face. When she did, he shifted suddenly and his eyes opened. For a moment, they locked eyes and Mi Yeon felt the heat rush to her face. Won Woo stared at her, but not in surprise. 

He sat up straight and kept looking at her. Then, he leaned forward and moved her hair behind her hair. Although her hair was in a ponytail, she knew that her hair was now unkempt from the sleep. When Won Woo moved her hair, Mi Yeon's blush intensified when his fingers made contact with her cheek and ear.  

"How are you feeling?" He asked. 

"Better." She handed him the canned coffee and proceeded to open hers. However, her heart was beating so fast that her fingers couldn’t get a good grip on the opened. Noticing, Won Woo took it from her and opened it for her.  

"Are you sure you're okay?" 

Mi Yeon nodded and accepted the opened can. The two of them sat there in silence sipping at their drinks. 

"Thank you for letting me sleep on you," Mi Yeon said, suddenly.  

Won Woo chuckled. "Anytime." 

"We should leave after the drinks." 

Won Woo nodded and took a gulp from his drink. "Are you hungry?" 

"Kind of. What do you want for lunch?" 

"I don’t think I get lunch with you." 

"Well I'm not going to eat alone, especially when you'll be right there, so we can eat together." 

"If the boss insists," he said, teasingly. 

Mi Yeon took the last drops from her drink and Won Woo helped her up. As he pulled her to her feet, Mi Yeon stumbled and ended up falling into him. He held her shoulders to steady her. Feeling embarrassed, Mi Yeon pulled away quickly and made her way out of the room, heading to her car.