Making Up/ Out

Mansae!

They walked a few blocks in the cold Summer night air until they arrived in front of a 24 hour coffee shop. Upon entry, Ji Hoon led Na Ra to a large table next to the tiled wall. The group followed and Seung Cheol pulled out Mi Yeon's seat for her. They took off their jackets and hung them over the chairs' backs. Vernon took everyone's orders and left for the counter.  

"I love coffee shops!" Na Ra exclaimed, placing her hand in Ji Hoon's. 

Ji Hoon lifted their hands to his lips and placed a gentle peck on the back of her hand, causing her to snuggle closer to him. 

The other pair looked on, happy that their friends found comfort in each other. Mi Yeon looked at Seung Cheol and smiled at the his messy hair. Her hand made its way to his head and she pushed strands of hair that had fallen in front of his face from the wind. Seung Cheol stared into her eyes at her every movement, feeling as though he was falling for her all over again.  

Suddenly, Seung Cheol grasped her arm in mid-air, forcing her to stare at him. With widened eyes, Mi Yeon asked what was wrong. Rather than answer her, he pulled her closer to him and placed his other hand on her cheek. He bent forward and brought his face closer to hers. Before Mi Yeon knew it, she closed her eyes, waiting for the connection. As their lips met, Mi Yeon's heart sped up; she had no idea that she had missed him that much. Ignoring the stares around them, the two continued their kiss. Mi Yeon placed her other hand on his neck, feeling the tiny hairs that were at the back of his neck. Their lips separated and Seung Cheol began pulling passionately on her bottom lip. Their breathing intensified and their chairs moved closer together. 

After what seemed like mere seconds, they were physically separated. By Vernon. 

"Get a room, why don’t you?" He teased as he placed their cups on the table.  

The pair sat back and caught their breath. From across the table, Na Ra and Ji Hoon smirked at them. "We didn’t want to interrupt," Na Ra said, after taking a sip from her iced coffee. 

"Were other people watching us?" Mi Yeon asked, suddenly becoming very self-conscious. 

"Everyone was," Ji Hoon responded, chuckling.  

Vernon took a long pull from his caramel macchiato. Mi Yeon and Seung Cheol sipped at their vanilla lattes. It was silent for a moment, before Vernon spoke. 

"Is everyone ready for their classes next week?" 

Everyone nodded, except for Na Ra. She wouldn’t be going to college; she was going to work for a family friend, in order to make some money for herself.  

After a while of conversing about their plans for the upcoming semester, they headed out, returning for Vernon's house.  

 

The guests bid farewell to Vernon's parents and made their way to their respective homes. Mi Yeon left last, with Seung Cheol. He had parked further down the road, so he walked Mi Yeon to her car first. When the approached, Won Woo stood up, ready to defend Mi Yeon. However, when he saw how physically close they were, he backed off. Seung Cheol nodded at Won Woo in a tense greeting, and proceeded to open the back door for Mi Yeon. While she stood behind the door, she turned to look at him one last time for the night. Behind them, Won Woo took his place behind the steering wheel. 

Seung Cheol took her head in his hands and angled her to face him. He kissed her sweetly and closed his eyes automatically. This time, Mi Yeon didn't close her eyes. Instead, she looked at the perfect curve of his eyelashes and the way his full eyebrows always seemed to be well groomed. He looked attractive from all angles and she felt the heat in her cheeks increase. When Seung Cheol pulled away, he smiled at her and Mi Yeon could've sworn her legs had turned to jelly. He smiled so sincerely at her and all she could do was blush and smile back. 

"I'll see you?" He asked before removing his hands from her. 

She nodded enthusiastically.  

"Thank you, for tonight." 

Not wanting to leave him, Mi Yeon pushed forward and placed her arms around his waist, going in for a hug. She rested her head against his chest and felt his heart beat increase when he placed his arms around her.  

"I'll call you tomorrow, okay? Sleep well tonight." They separated and he motioned for her to enter the car. She followed his instructions and he closed the door behind her.  

Won Woo ignited the engine and the car left, leaving Seung Cheol behind. She turned in her seat, watching as he watched on until the car was out of sight. 

After a short while, Won Woo looked at her in the rearview mirror and asked tensely, "So I guess the two of you made up?" 

She nodded and smiled at herself. 

The drive home was silent, apart from Won Woo's breaths of frustration. She knew he was upset by her sudden skinship with Seung Cheol, but she needed to focus on her feelings now.