Closure 2

Mansae!

The next day passed by smoothly. Her parents spoke less than normal, but only because they seemed to be caught up in their own thoughts. When Mi Yeon returned home, that afternoon, she found Seung Cheol waiting for her outside the gates. She smiled when she saw him.

He tightly hugged her and Mi Yeon took in his scent; the scent she missed so much since their last encounter. He gave her bag to the guards and led her away from the house.

"Where are we going?"

He placed his index finger to his lips. "Shh. No questions yet."

After a short while, they arrived at a café that sold various desserts and coffee. He led her to a table before going to place an order. Mi Yeon took in the surroundings and watched as people who had just gotten off work entered the store and sat in the seats, exhausted. She smiled, thinking that that could be her one day; working somewhere that tired her out, but not enough to stop her from progressing with her personal life.

Seung Cheol returned a few minutes later with two iced coffees and a slice of cherry cheesecake. They each took a sip before he asked, "You said yesterday that you wanted to tell me something?"

Mi Yeon froze, remembering that she had to tell him about her brother's note. She had forgotten about it in the midst of her classes and dealing with her parents' silence. She looked at him and took a breath, readying herself to tell him the news.

"Remember when you said Tae Hyun left something for me?"

He nodded.

"You were right. He left a note in my room."

"Oh," he said quietly. He took another sip from the drink and took a shaky breath.

"A part of it was meant for you."

"I guess I should've asked you about it at your house instead."

She nodded. "I'll show it to you when we go back."

"Okay."

They shared the slice in silence and finished their drinks quicker than usual.

"Let's go," Seung Cheol said as he got to his feet.

Mi Yeon followed and they headed to her house.

---

"Here," she said, handing over the note. She watched his expressions change as he read. Once he was done, he chuckled to himself.

"I'm sure he never would've guessed that we would meet how we did, huh?"

Mi Yeon agreed and said, "You can go get the games if you want."

"Okay. Coming with me?"

She shook her head. "I haven't been in there yet and I'm still not ready."

He nodded and left the room. She returned the note to its place and waited for him to return.

After 15 minutes, Seung Cheol entered her room, with his hands clutching several PC games. He placed them on her bed and began to inspect each one in his hands.

Afterwards, he looked up at her. "He gave me a challenge to beat him, so I must accept."

Mi Yeon was glad that he wasn't taking the note as hard as her parents.

When Mi Yeon's mother entered the house, Seung Cheol decided to leave them in peace. She walked him to the door and said her goodbyes. However, as she was ready to leave the doorway, Seung Cheol pulled her to him. It was then that she sensed how his heart had been racing. He was taking it hard, but he just got better at masking it.

"Thank you," he whispered against her.

He released her and kissed her forehead. "Your brother was lucky to have you."

Mi Yeon was speechless. It was the first time that he had said something good about her and her brother; before he only said how she was useless in helping him. She smiled at him and caressed his cheek with her thumb. "My brother was lucky to have such great friends by his side."

Seung Cheol nodded and took her hand away from his cheek. He kissed the back of the hand and turned to take his leave. She watched him walk away, knowing that she did the right thing in letting him see the note. It was the closure that they both needed.