Admitting Feelings

Mansae!

That night, Mi Yeon was distracted from watching 2 Days and 1 Night by the buzz of her phone. She picked it up and saw an IM from Na Ra. 

Na Ra: Big news! I'm freaking out! 

Mi Yeon: What happened?!?! 

Na Ra: Ji Hoon *drum roll please* 

Mi Yeon: Hurry up! The anticipation is killing me! 

Na Ra: He asked me out! On a date! 

Mi Yeon: What?!?! Really???? 

Na Ra: YES 

Mi Yeon: Details! 

Na Ra: He came to my house with flowers and asked! It was so cute! 

Mi Yeon: OMG! How cute! 

Na Ra: Ikr!  

Mi Yeon: When is it? 

Na Ra: Tomorrow night! I'm so nervous! 

Mi Yeon: It'll be fine :P 

Na Ra: But, what if he want to go eat? 

Mi Yeon: He's not that clueless. I'm sure he has a good plan. 

After an hour of chatting and deciding on what to wear, Na Ra went to get some rest. Mi Yeon returned to the show and felt genuinely happy at the possibility of her two friends becoming more that just friends. 

 

--- 

"Mi Yeon-ah, your classes start next week, right?" Her mother asked at dinner the next day. 

Mi Yeon nodded. Her mind was really surrounded about Na Ra and her date. She couldn’t wait till she heard about it later 

"How is it going with the new Driver? He's not bad, is he?" Her father asked. 

"He's great," she responded. 

"He comes from a good family. I don’t want him as your Driver forever." 

"Huh?" 

"I want to introduce him to my company. I'm sure he would like it there." 

"Why your company? Doesn’t his dad have his own construction company?" 

Her father nodded. "Won Woo mentioned that he liked how my company runs so I figured he's prefer it." 

The meal continued and the housemaids brought out more drinks for the family. 

"I would really like it if you treated him better than a driver." 

"I already do," she said. Then, she caught herself at what she said. She looked up to find her parents staring at her, waiting for an explanation. "I mean, we've become friends." 

"Just friends?" Her mother inquired. 

"Well, sort of," Mi Yeon replied, avoiding eye contact. 

"Have you formed feelings for him?" Her father asked, sternly. 

Mi Yeon merely nodded. She braced herself for her father's wave of anger. 

"That's good, then." 

Mi Yeon stared at her father, shocked by his reaction. "You're okay with that?" 

"Why wouldn’t I be? I'm already on good terms with his father." 

Mi Yeon smiled, glad that her father was finally approving of something for the first time in a long time.  

After the meal, Mi Yeon retreated to her bedroom and waited patiently for Na Ra's feedback on her date with Ji Hoon. While she waited, she thought about Won Woo and just as she was about to call him, Na Ra's name appeared on the screen.