The Dinner Reunion

Mansae!

Saturday had arrived and Mi Yeon was dressed in a knee-length turquoise dress that had a jeweled sash running diagonally from her left shoulder to her right hip. She looked exquisite with her added diamond stud earrings and sterling silver bangle. She didn’t dress up often, but for this dinner, she felt as though she should. Maybe it was because she wanted to impress Vernon's foreign parents or she was just excited at spending the evening with Seung Cheol again. Either way, she looked and felt priceless.

When she exited her room, holding a matching clutch purse, Won Woo rose to his feet and smiled widely, impressed at her outfit for the night. He was speechless.

Mi Yeon approached him and touched his forearm. "Shall we get going?"

He nodded, never taking his eyes off of her.

As they arrived at the car, Won Woo held the front door opened for her, but she declined. Instead, she made her way to the back door and took a seat. This caused Won Woo to look disappointed.

"I just don’t want anyone there to get the wrong idea about us," she said, trying to offer an explanation.

"Anyone, like Seung Cheol?" He countered.

She ignored the question and turning to look out of the window. Getting the signal, Won Woo started the engine and turned away from the curb.

---

"Mi Yeon-ah!" Na Ra greeted when Won Woo pulled up in front of the house. The house itself was not as grand as hers or Seung Cheol's but it was impressive with its modern flares and patterns. She instantly felt comfortable with it.

Mi Yeon locked arms with Na Ra and the two headed inside. Just as before, Mi Yeon was one of the last to arrive. Inside, the boys were busy with setting the table and setting out the drinks for the evening, all non-alcoholic to ease Mi Yeon's nerves. She was glad that she wasn’t the only one to feel the need to dress to impress. All the boys were in dress shirts, covered with dinner jackets. They looked very formal and mature to anyone who didn’t know the situation.

When they entered, Ji Hoon rushed to Na Ra's side to relieve her of her purse and pull-over. Next, came Seung Cheol. As soon as he laid his eyes on Mi Yeon, he approached her and pulled her into him. He hugged her tightly and Mi Yeon found herself placing her arms around his waist.

When they pulled away, he smiled at her warmly, and she reciprocated.

"So, does that meant everything is back to normal?" Vernon asked, from the kitchen.

Seung Cheol nodded and returned to placing dishes on the table.

After a few minutes, Vernon's parents emerged from a room in the hallway. They greeted the teenagers and took their seats at the table. Mi Yeon, who had spent several years mastering the language of English, found no difficulty in communicating with the couple. Every now and then, the others joined in with a comment on the food, or the home, or their young looks. As the evening went on, Vernon seemed to become more comfortable with the group and whatever concerns he had prior to the evening, were washed away with each smile he made.

After the meal, the parents offered to pay for their dessert and the teens accepted graciously. When everything was settled, they put on their jackets and made a move to leave. At the front door, Seung Cheol stopped Mi Yeon and adjusted her jacket to ensure that she was covered from the coldness of the night. Before he could turn away, Mi Yeon called him.

She moved closer to him and leaned on the balls of her feet to reach his face level. Then, she gave him a peck on his right cheek. Instantly, he blushed.

As he looked at her in shock, instead of turning away, he held her head in his hands and placed his lips on her forehead.

"Komawo," he said.

Mi Yeon nodded and took his hand in hers, heading to meet up with the others.