Dinner Rendez-vous

Mansae!

The time had arrived for Mi Yeon to leave home to go for dinner at Ji Hoon's house. Won Woo opened the door for her to enter and then headed for his seat. When they took off, Mi Yeon began the conversation.

"Where will you be while I’m inside?"

"I'll be right outside, waiting for you."

"Okay, good."

"You seem nervous."

She was. She didn’t know how Seung Cheol would behave when he saw her for the first time after a week of being ignored.

When they arrived, Ji Hoon's house was in an apartment complex. From the outside, the complex was tall, at least 16 floors tall and well spaced out. It resembled an actor's house.

Won Woo parked in the underground parking. While they parked, another car pulled up next to them. Won Woo got out and opened her door. From the other car, the driver turned off the ignition and descended. Mi Yeon rose to her feet and adjusted her blouse and clutch purse.

"Mi Yeon-ah?"

Mi Yeon turned to see Seung Cheol locking the car with the remote. Her heart sped up. Seung Cheol looked from her to the Driver, not recognizing him as an employee at first.

"Seung Cheol-ah."

Seung Cheol continued to look at Won Woo, puzzled.

"He's my Driver. My dad wanted someone to watch over me," Mi Yeon said, making it clear who Won Woo was.

Won Woo nodded at Seung Cheol, whose expression lightened.

"Ah, okay. Should we head up?"

Mi Yeon nodded and said goodbye to Won Woo. Before she could leave, however, Won Woo touched her forearm and said, "Be careful. I'll be right here when you need me."

Mi Yeon didn’t understand why he was warning her and instead of thanking him, she followed Seung Cheol towards the elevators.

Ji Hoon's family lived on the 15th floor, but the elevator ride was silent with Seung Cheol. He didn’t make any movements to hold her hand nor did she feel his stare on her.

When the elevator doors opened, Seung Cheol led her to the room on the farthest right. The hallways shone from the overhead lights and the floors were slick and clean. They rang the doorbell and the door opened five seconds later.

"You made it!" Greeted Ji Hoon.

He pulled them inside quickly and ushered them towards a large, dinner table that was lined with various dishes and almost-new plates and glasses. The accompanying chairs contained plush cushions that were meant to keep the person sitting there for a long time.

Further in the house, Mi Yeon discovered that she and Seung Cheol were the last to arrive as Na Ra and Vernon were conversing with Ji Hoon's parents in the kitchen. Upon seeing them, Na Ra hugged Mi Yeon while Vernon patted Seung Cheol on the shoulder.

After introductions were made, the group sat down at the table for dinner. Ji Hoon's mother cooked the feast and everyone took turns complimenting her cooking skills. Na Ra had barely anything, focusing mainly on the salad (without dressing) and the other side dishes, such as gim gui and dried pollack.

When the dish plates were almost emptied and people were becoming stuffed, Ji Hoon's parents decided to go for a walk outside, leaving the teenagers alone to chat.