Visitation and Keeping Distance

Mansae!

The following day, when Mi Yeon was certain that her father had left for work, she met up with Seung Cheol and they made their way to Chilyo to pay their friends a visit. On the way there, Mi Yeon apologized for how her father had treated him the night before.

"That's alright. I wasn’t expecting him to be too happy. But, are you okay?"

Mi Yeon nodded. "He didn’t talk to me after that," she admitted.

Seung Cheol brought her hand to his face and kissed it gently. Mi Yeon smiled and snuggled closer to him.

When the bus pulled up to the stop by the Hospital, Mi Yeon and Seung Cheol descended and made their way through the familiar halls and stairwells, until they arrived in front of the Ward doors. After a Nurse recognized them, she allowed them in and allowed them to roam the halls freely. Walking around without a schedule made them feel more comfortable and confident about being there.

Seung Cheol checked his watch and said, "They should be out from group therapy in a little while."

They decided to sit by the table in the television room.

Not 10 minutes later, the patients arrived and their friends lit up with excitement from seeing them. Na Ra was the first to hug Mi Yeon. They seemed like best friends who were finally reunited after the Summer break. Next, Vernon hugged her, followed by Ji Hoon. The group decided to sit in the room that was reserved for parents' meetings. On Mi Yeon's left sat Na Ra and to her right, Seung Cheol. The other boys sat opposite them.

"How are things on the outside?" Vernon joked.

"Not much different," Seung Cheol responded, smirking.

"Have they said how long you guys have to stay here?" Mi Yeon asked the group.

"They said by next week we should be able to have out-patient therapy, so we can leave." Ji Hoon looked hopeful.

"Hey, maybe we can finally hang out outside of this place," Seung Cheol suggested.

"How was readjusting at home?" Na Ra asked the pair.

"I missed my bed too much," Seung Cheol said, getting chuckles from everyone.

"Mi Yeon-ah?"

"It'll take some time," Mi Yeon responded. The only person who understood her discomfort about her bathroom was Seung Cheol; the others didn’t know that that’s where she found her brother's body, and she wanted to keep it that way.

After 10 more minutes, the lunch bell rang and a Nurse told the pair they had to leave for the day. The group said their goodbyes and Mi Yeon promised to visit them again soon. They watched their friends head off to the eatery before leaving the compound in silence. Each of them were engulfed in their own thoughts as they made their way back to bus stop to head home.

"Do you wanna come over to my house for a little while?" Seung Cheol asked when they had gotten onto the bus.

"No thanks. I should head over to my dad's company. He told me to start getting acquainted with it."

Seung Cheol nodded and let silence fall upon them. Truthfully, Mi Yeon wanted to be anywhere but home. And even though Seung Cheol was trying to help, she didn’t want to be around any reminders of her brother too often. She enjoyed spending time with Seung Cheol but it was too soon to her brother's passing and she wanted to deal with grief in her own way and she wanted Seung Cheol to do the same. Going to her father's company, she hoped that she could distract herself with some of the work or by meeting other workers and expanding her social circle. Plus, if her father liked what he saw, he wouldn’t be so hard on her about her future.

As the bus pulled up next to the stop near the neighborhood Park, Seung Cheol descended and said goodbye to Mi Yeon. He gave her a forehead kiss and waited till she was back in her seat on the bus before he turned to head for home. As Mi Yeon watched his back walking away from her, she began to miss him. She knew they both needed help in dealing with their emotions, but she wasn’t sure that she could help him.