Prepping for the Semester

Mansae!

Another week passed, without any contact with Seung Cheol. The semester was about to begin and Mi Yeon needed to go into the school to sign up for her classes and whatnot. Early one morning, she disregarded breakfast and told Won Woo where she needed to go and he went to warm up the car for her.  

Mi Yeon changed into a Summer dress with and dark blue kimono over it. Putting on matching sandals, she headed out of the house.  

When Won Woo saw he, he stood still, taken aback. 

"What, does it look bad?" She asked, being self-conscious.  

He shook his head and walked up to her. When he was a forearm-length away from her, he stopped and looked down at her. "You look beautiful." 

Mi Yeon's heart raced at the closeness and she took short, quick breaths. She merely looked up at him, waiting for him to make the next move.  

Slowly, Won Woo raised his hand to her face and tucked a loose strand behind her ear.  

"Why do you always fix my hair?" She asked. 

"That's the only way I can touch you, as your employee." 

Mi Yeon chuckled and took his hand in her. He looked cautious, but once she interlocked their fingers, he smiled sweetly. She looked down at their hands as he caressed her hand with his thumb.  

"We ought to get going," Won Woo prompted. "But I don’t want to let go." 

"Then, I guess I'll have to sit in the front today." 

Won Woo agreed and the two of them took their seats in the front.  

When he got onto the highway, he used his left hand to steer, which allowed Mi Yeon to hold his right hand. Driving like that, Mi Yeon felt like a real couple and enjoyed the moment. The drive was to be about 40 minutes long, so she leaned against the headrest and turned her gaze to Won Woo. 

"Are you going to keep staring at me? It's quite distracting," Won Woo said when they arrived at a red light.  

"Fine. Holding your hand is good enough for me." 

 

--- 

When they finally arrived at the University, Mi Yeon quickly found help at the front desk and within half an hour, she was signed up for her semester's courses. The classes weren't too full yet, so she figured she'd signed up early.  

After, rather than returning home, she decided to roam and become acquainted with the compound and Won Woo agreed to tag along.  

The grounds were impressive and the building architecture was breathtaking. Mi Yeon had to stop often to take it all in. She was glad that she would spend the next few years there. She hoped she never grew tired of seeing the area.  

After they had walked through the opened areas, they returned to the car and Mi Yeon heard Won Woo's stomach growl. 

She smirked at him and said, "Let's go get lunch!" 

They headed towards a popular Japanese restaurant and were served quickly. Mi Yeon was a fan of sashimi, as was Won Woo, so they ate happily.  

Just as they finished and paid the bill, Mi Yeon felt someone looking at them from across the room. She turned her gaze towards the source and found Seung Cheol sitting across the table from his parents. He was staring at the pair, while his parents ate. His eyes pleaded for her to stay, but Mi Yeon's thoughts were conflicting. On one hand, she wanted to forgive him and clear the air but on the other hand, she couldn’t help but feel betrayed and hurt by what he said before.  

"Let's go," Won Woo told her, following her gaze.  

Mi Yeon turned to him and nodded, at last. The two hurried out of the restaurant and Mi Yeon tried to force her thoughts to stop thinking about Seung Cheol.