Chapter Eight

Teach Me What Love Is

Baekhyun's POV~

A few days later, my parents, Seolhyun and I were getting ready to have dinner with Mina and her parents. I haven't seen her since then and I still hadn't forgotten what she did to me. I'll make sure to get my revenge!

This dinner would be the first we'd have as a future family. We still haven't announced our engagement to the public, but then again it wasn't really official in our own family. I guess there was still some things to discuss before it was to be official. 

In my room, I was tying my tie as I watched myself in the mirror. I was looking handsome and sharp, but not enough to impress Mina. 

"I wonder what kind of guy she likes?" I asked myself in the mirror. "Or does she not have a preference and she just choses random guys?"

As I thought about it, there was a knock on my bedroom door. I called out over my shoulder for the person to enter and my door creaked open. I looked at the person through my mirror and it was my mom. She looked beautiful in what she was wearing with her hair in a tight, neat bun. She smiled at me and approached me. 

"After so many practices, you can still never get it right," she giggled as her hands reached up to get a hold of my tie. Sure, it wasn't perfect, but it was tied correctly; she fixed it up a bit. 

"I guess I'm used to the clip ons," I teased with a chuckle and she slapped my arm, playfully. Once she was done with my tie she smoothed out my suit and fixed my collar. 

"Are you nervous, Umma?" I asked, noticing her quiet behavior. She's usually not this quiet unless she's nervous. "Are you nervous to meet your future daughter-in-law?"

"There's no need for me to be nervous, Baekhyun-ah," she innocently smiled. "I'm only nervous for you. Behave yourself, okay?"

I snickered through my nose and nodded. "Don't worry. I will."

She smiled, satisfied, and we both stepped out of my room to meet the rest of the family. My father tapped his watch suggesting that we hurry to the restaurant to meet Mina and her family. 

I took in a deep breath and let it out as we walked to the car. I was nervous...I've never been so nervous in my life before, especially when it comes to meeting the parent of the woman I am to marry. I honestly felt like throwing up. 

Twenty minutes later, we arrived at the restaurant and the Kim family was already there. The only problem was...where's Mina? 

Mr. Kim and his wife stood up to greet us as we did the same. They then told us to take a seat and we did. My parents and they talked about business, again. Seolhyun and I just sat there thinking we were interested. 

Not once did they mention Mina or her whereabouts. Seolhyun lightly elbowed my side and whispered, "Where is your bride?"

"She's not my bride yet," I whispered back and I looked at the door. "Maybe she's running late."

Doubt it. She's running away, that's what she's doing. 

"But she's already ten minutes late," she whispered back and I let out a sigh. I stood up and excused myself from the private room. 

I walked down the hallway and out of the restaurant to get some fresh air. I leaned against the building and looked up at the dark sky wondering where she could be. I'm not surprised that she didn't show up though...she didn't want to marry me in the first place. I kicked at the ground when I heard heels tapping against the ground; someone was walking towards me. I looked up in hope, but it was just a woman passing by. 

"She really did run away," I scoffed and let out a loud sigh before I pushed myself off the wall. I walked to the entrance when I saw Mrs. Kim standing in an isolated area just near the building talking on the phone. I knew I shouldn't eavesdrop, but I walked towards her with light steps. 

"...get your over here now...," was what I heard. I furrowed my brows and wondered who she was talking to, but there could only be one person. 

"Mina, if you don't get here in the next five minutes, I'll-" she didn't finish her sentence. I guess Mina cut her off. "Just get here and present yourself well."

I knew I would get found out, so I walked away from my place and headed back into the building. 

"What was that just now?" I wondered and cocked my head. "She sounded scary."

Mina's POV~

"That ing witch. Who does she think she is," I sighed and threw my phone onto the table. 

I didn't forget about the dinner date, I just didn't want to go. I hate formal events and I hate being around the two people I have to call my parents. But after my conversation with Mrs. Kim, I had no choice but to get ready and go. 

I took my time and finished in fifteen minutes; over the time limit I was given. I drove my car to the restaurant and made sure to slowly make my way to their room. I had a waiter me and once we arrived, he bowed and left me. 

I deeply inhaled then exhaled before I opened the door and walked in. I'm sure I heard laughter before I walked in, but I guess my appearance made them quiet. Their attention was on me and I swallowed hard.

I bowed to them and walked on over to Mrs. Kim, sitting next to her. I avoided all their gaze and my mother kicked me from under the table. 

"Why don't you apologize for being late," she said as she forced out a smile. I didn't say a word and she was getting impatient. "Apologize."

I felt my body burn up and I clenched my fist as I opened my mouth when he spoke. 

"You look beautiful tonight," Baekhyun said and my head snapped up. He was smiling at me. "You must have been so nervous that you didn't know what to wear right? That's why you were running late, right?"

No. I didn't want to come in the first place. 

"Yes," I forced out the word and his smile changed from sweet to mischievous. 

"Well, I'm sure whatever you tried on earlier would have looked nice on you," he said and I cursed under my breath. He wasn't trying to lighten up the mood or fix the situation, he was teasing me. 

"I must say, you are a beautiful young lady," his mother then spoke with a pure smile. She's so much different from my own mother. 

"It's understandable, I take forever too when I get dressed," his younger sister beamed and I furrowed my brows. These people are too innocent for me. My mother awkwardly laughed at this situation and looked at me. 

"Well, she sure is beautiful," she forced out the words and I mentally gagged. I then heard a single clap and I turned my attention to Baekhyun's father. 

"Now that we're all here, shall we start by having dinner?" he asked. I swear, his voice did not match his face. His family and mine nodded; soon enough, all these different kinds of food were brought out and set on the table. 

"So this is what the rich eat...," I thought to myself and we began to eat. Throughout the dinner, I was asked numerous questions, like what I'm good at, my hobbies, what I do and what not. And of course, Mrs. Kim answered for me. Everything she said was false just so that I could look good to the family she was scamming. 

I sat there quietly and ate my food when I noticed Baekhyun's sister staring at me. If I remember from our introductions a while ago, her name was Seolhyun. 

I furrowed my brows and she tilted her head slightly, then pointed to my brows. 

"How do you get them to look so perfect?" she asked and I blinked my eyes. 

"What?" I asked and she repeated her question. "I don't know...? I just fill them in."

"Wow, you really are pretty," she smiled and continued to admire me. I felt uncomfortable being watched...not to mention, someone else was staring. I guess it's a sibling thing. 

"Mina, your mother said you're good at the piano," Mr. Byun spoke with his baritone voice. 

"Uhm, no," I denied the fact. "I haven't touched a piano ever since my father passed away."

"Ah, I'm sorry," he apologized and I shook my head saying it was okay. After that, the dinner continued and our parents discussed the future I didn't want. They talked about having Baekhyun and I move into our own apartment together; like hell I would. Then they went on to talking about preparations for the wedding; ew. Lastly, after talking about the wedding itself, they went on to talking about their businesses; how boring. 

"How about the future heir?" Baekhyun then asked, interrupting the parents talk. They all turned their attention to him as I did too. 

"That's you," his mother innocently said. She's too naive. 

Baekhyun shook a finger and grinned as he looked at me and said, "I meant the next heir after me. A child."

I punched him...mentally, I punched him. I did so many horrible things to him in my mind that I wished I could do for real. 

"You're thinking of a child already?" Mr. Byun asked and Baekhyun nodded, still grinning at me. I knew he wasn't serious about a child, he was only doing it to piss me off. 

"Of course we must think about the future heir," Baekhyun continued. "Like when we should try for one or our preparations for the child."

"We haven't really thought that far into it," Mr. Byun said whole scratching his chin. I rolled my eyes and leaned back into my seat. I could hear Baekhyun laughing inside. 

"It's best that the two of you marry for a year of two then proceed with the decision to conceive a child," his mother said and I silently groaned. 

Baekhyun and I won't be married for long, so there's no need to even think about creating another being. Besides, I don't even know how to take care of a child. 

"I guess you're right umma," he sighed and I gave him a death glare. "But I want a child sooner than later."

"We'll see if there is even a later," I muttered and he snorted. We kept our eyes on each other as his parents exchanged looks. His father cleared his throat and spoke up. 

"I guess this has been settled," he said and waved a waiter over to clean up. "I thank you and your family for joining us for dinner, Hyejeong-ssi."

"Its my pleasure," my mother smiled and bowed to him. She lightly pinched me on the side and I stood up to bow. She wasn't satisfied with my response so she whispered, "Thank him."

I huffed out a sigh and looked at Mr. Byun, who was waiting for those two words. 

"T-th...than-"

"No need to thank us, Mina," Baekhyun interrupted me and he grinned, widely. "We are a family now and dinners like these will be normal, so there's no need to say thank you for something like this."

I was both relieved and annoyed at the same time. He seemed satisfied with my expression that I was giving him. 

Once everything was cleaned up, we all got up and headed out of the restaurant. I gave one last bow to the Byun family and went my separate way, without biding goodbye to Mr. and Mrs. Kim. 

As I walked to my car, I took off my jewelry one by one and stuffed them into my clutch. My hair was up in a tight bun, but since I was done with this event I took out my hair tie and let my hair fall loose over my shoulders. I ran my fingers through my hair and let out a sigh. I was just glad to get this night over with. 

I reached my car and opened the door when suddenly someone behind me shut it with one hand. His sweet cologne filled my nose and his firm chest was pressed up against my back. 

"What do you want now?" I growled the question without having to look back at him. 

"This night isn't over yet," Baekhyun whispered against my ear. My body trembled at his voice and I felt his hand lightly touch mine. "At least not for us."

I swallowed hard and clenched my jaw. I squirmed under him and managed to turn around to face him. 

"Can't you leave me alone for one second?" I asked, glaring up at him. 

"I left you alone for days," he snorted. "A few minutes with me won't hurt."

I rolled my eyes and used all my strength to push him away, but he wouldn't budge. He decreased the gap between us and did the unexpected. His lips pressed against my forehead and I stopped fighting against him. Time seemed to have stopped as his lips never parted my forehead. We stayed like that for a good few seconds before he pulled away from me; not only his lips but his whole body. 

"That's revenge for kicking me the other day," he smiled and I had nothing to say. Instead, I kicked him again in the same area. Oh, and did I mention that I was wearing pointed heels? Ouch. 

He swore under his breath and fell onto the ground like the last time. He clutched onto his shin and whined in pain. 

"And that's what you'll be getting everytime you do something like that," I said and opened my car door. "Don't ever do that to me again!"

Once I spat out those last words, I slammed the door shut and started the engine. I looked at him rolling around on the ground and his eyes met mine. I huffed out a sigh and stuck out my tongue before driving off, leaving him in pain. 

I tightened my grip on the steering wheel and felt my chest burn up...no, it was my face that was burning up. 

"Who the hell does he think he is?" I muttered and groaned. "I'm so annoyed."

Baekhyun's POV~

I took a taxi back home and limped to my bedroom. I cursed under my breath everytime my injured let hit the ground. It was hard enough to recover the last time I got kicked, I knew it was gonna take longer this time. And she was wearing pointed heels!

Earlier when I walked into the house, I asked a maid to bring me an ice pack and she did. I laid in bed and placed the ice pack on my skin, inhaling and feeling relieved. The coolness against my burning skin felt nice. 

"She's so annoying," I sighed. "What kind of woman is she? She's always causing trouble."

I groaned and closed my eyes to not think about it. My mind drifted off to something else and my fingers traveled up to my lips. I never imagined my revenge was to kiss her like that, I only planned to . Even now, remembering it, my heart raced and I couldn't stop touching my lips with a frown. 

"She felt so cold against my lips," I whispered.