Chapter Thirty Six

Teach Me What Love Is

3rd Person POV~

"And I'll keep reminding you if you want me to, but Mina, I really love you," Baekhyun softly said as he leaned closer to her face and soon enough, he kissed her. Mina widened her eyes and her heart was racing faster than the usual along with Baekhyun's. For some reason, Mina didn't feel angry though. Usually, at something sudden like this, she'd get angry, but she didn't. She couldn't tell what she was feeling....

Baekhyun pulled away and looked at her with eyes full of affection. He caressed her cheeks with his hand and leaned in for a second.

Still, Mina didn't pull away or reject him, but as their kissed became more intimate, she felt her chest tighten that it pained her. This was something she didn't want...she didn't want to give him hope...she didn't want him to fall deeper for her because in the end she knew she'd hurt him like her mother did with her father. But at the same time, she couldn't pull away...but she knew she had to.

She lightly pushed at his chest and he knew to pull away from her as they both gasped for air.

"Baekhyun...I can't," she softly said and averted her eyes, feeling her emotions creep up. "I can't keep giving you false hope."

Baekhyun furrowed his brows, wondering why she was saying such a thing.

"What are you talking about?" he asked trying to look her in the eyes. "You're not giving me false hope."

"But I am," she retorted with her eyes starting to tear up. "In the end, I'll only end up hurting you, then I'd end up losing you."

Baekhyun felt his heart tighten and he shook his head.

"Mina, we're not gonna do this again, are we?" he asked and placed his hand on her cheek to make her face him. "You're not going to lose me; you can hurt me all you want, but you're never going to lose me because I'm not going to let that happen."

"How do you know that?" she asked. "You don't know what I've done and where I've been...besides, you don't need to love such a useless woman like me, a woman who can't love you back."

She was crying now and it broke his heart to see her cry at her insecurities.

"What you've done and where you've been?" he repeated in a question. "Mina, you've done nothing wrong. If you're talking about the rumors from the hotel, then I can tell you I don't believe them. I know you haven't even had your first kiss until now. I don't know what your mother dug into your head, but Mina...you are a woman capable of love, not just to a man, but others and most importantly, yourself," he softly said. "I know you have a loving heart, but it's because of the things you were forced to believe that you've locked your heart up from love."

Baekhyun wiped her tears and continued, "Mina, don't focus on what you're going to lose and what you've lost, but instead focus on what you have. You're so blinded by this fear that you can't fully see and understand your true feelings, that's why you keep pushing people away from your life."

He was right and Mina knew it, but her head kept telling her not to believe it. She was having her own inner battle with the devil and the angel; she's had this battle ever since she was young.

"I'll only hurt you in the end," she insisted with her voice breaking. "Just like my mother-"

"Dammit, Mina!" Baekhyun shouted and it frustrated him, but he knew she was traumatized by her past, so he couldn't be mad at her. He was mad her mother. "You are nothing like your mother! You are Mina! And I can't tell you how sorry I am that you had to go through such a painful past...it hurts me to know about the things you had to go through."

Baekhyun was so frustrated and filled with empathy that he shed a few tears onto Mina's cheeks.

"Please...don't compare yourself to her anymore," he breathed out heavily. "I don't want to see you like this anymore...."

He leaned forward and kissed her forehead.

"You've once told me that love doesn't exist, but it does," he said and sat up. He grabbed one of her hands and place it over her right chest where she could feel her heart beating. "And I'll teach you that there is love in your heart."

Then he grabbed her other hand and placed it over his chest where his heart was beating.

"And I'll show you that there is love in mine," he said with a faint smile. "But you'll have to learn how to love yourself before you love me because only then will you be truly happy. If there are any gaps, then I'll fill them up."

Mina swallowed hard and clenched her teeth as she stared up at Baekhyun.

"Is it really okay? For me to love? For me to love you?" Mina finally sniffled out the words and those words broke Baekhyun's heart. He raised her hand that was resting on his chest up to his lips, giving it a sweet kiss.

"It's more than okay for you to love," he said and moved his lips down to hers. "It's okay to love me with all your heart as I will continue to love you with all mine."

When his lips touched hers for the fourth time, she felt assured and safe with him. Of course, there was still that bit of insecurity, but she knew she was going to be in good hands. It'll be a slow process, but she now had hope for the future.

Why did it take her so long to finally realize that was capable of love? Because it all started with her mother....

*****

In Seoul, Mrs. Kim was in her hotel room looking at photos of Baekhyun and Mina at the villa, which was taken by one of her men. She scoffed at the photos and set them aside on her nightstand.

"Who's stupid enough to leave on a vacation at a time like this?" Mrs. Kim smirked. "You're only making my job easier and that's boring."

She got up from her seat and moved towards the window to look out at the city's night view with a glass of wine in her hand. She took a sip of her wine and sighed, "But I guess I could take matters into my own hands with Baekhyun and Mina gone. Just imagine how chaotic it'll be once they get back, especially for Baekhyun."

She giggled to herself at the thought when her phone began to ring. She groaned in annoyance and walked over to her phone, answering it, "Hello?"

"Madam Kim, we've recieved information that there isn't enough funds for the Byun's project in Japan," one of her men said on the other line. "It is said that one of their sponsors is looking for a loan for this project and it's quite a big amount, but their being careful about this situation and it is rumored that they have been told by Baekhyun to stay away from you."

Mrs. Kim couldn't believe what she was hearing; it was so ridiculous that she had to laugh.

"I wouldn't be surprised if the brat told them that!" she laughed.

"What would you like to do?" the man asked.

"Oh, we're not going to do anything yet, darling," she smirked. "Let's give Mina and Baekhyun their time alone. We'll do something once they return to Seoul and have fun then."

"If you wish," the man said and hung up. Mrs. Kim took another sip of her wine and glared through the glass window.

"Try to avoid me all you want, Byun Baekhyun," she muttered. "If you don't want your father dead, then don't piss me off anymore than you are right now."

She chugged the rest of her wine and prepared herself for bed. Afterall, she needs her beauty sleep for her visit to Mr. Byun at the hospital in the morning.

*****

Morning had come for Baekhyun and Mina in Busan, but the two were so exhausted that they slept in longer in each other's embrace. But when it was time to wake up, Baekhyun was the first to open his eyes. He looked down at Mina, who was resting her head against his chest, and smiled. He brushed the strands of her hair away from her face and kissed the top of her head, which made her stir in her sleep.

Baekhyun still couldn't believe everything that had happened last night; from the kiss to the heart-filled talk to more kisses. He was glad to finally reach her heart, although not fully, but he reached her. He believed love was possible between the two of them.

He pulled Mina closer to him when she spoke, "You're squishing me."

"But you're too cute not to squish," he lightly laughed.

"I can't breathe-"

"Neither can I," he said and hugged her tighter.

"Just let me go already," she muffled against his arm and slapped him, but he didn't budge. "Baekhyun, I'm really suffocating here."

He chuckled and released her, looking her face, which was bright red.

"Awwh~ blushing first thing in the morning," he cooed and she rolled her eyes. "It's only the second day here."

"Say anything more and it could be the last," she said and sat up, stretching her arms up. That was an opening for Baekhyun to hug her from the back. "Yah!"

"Already back with that attitude huh? After what happened last night?" he pouted while looking up at her.

"Just because I cried in front of you and opened my heart to you, doesn't mean I can't go back to my normal self," she said and turned away. "Besides, it's embarrassing to even think about the things I said last night...not to mention...the k...k-"

"Kisses?" Baekhyun questioned, playfully. Her face reddened and she cleared .

"I'm going to wash up," she quickly said and removed his arms away from her. She got off the bed and ran out to the bathroom.

Baekhyun laughed and laid fully on his back with a sigh. He couldn't ask for a better morning to start the day.

*****

Meanwhile, back in Seoul, Mrs. Kim readied herself to visit Mr. Byun at the hospital. She put on her dangly, diamond earrings and checked her lipstick for the tenth time before getting up for the vanity table to put on her fur coat. As she was putting on her heels, there was a knock at the door to her hotel room.

She sighed in annoyance and got up to open the door.

"What is it?" she asked as soon as she saw an employees face in front of her.

"Uhm, we've recieved a call from your driver that he'll be late due to an accident on the road," the female employee quietly said, intimidated by Mrs. Kim. "He'll be late by ten minutes."

"Oh great, what a way to start my morning," Mrs. Kim sarcastically said with a fake smile. "Have one of your employees drive me to the hospital. I have a busy schedule today."

"B-But I c-can't do th-"

"Should I have you fired?" Mrs. Kim asked and the employee quickly shook her head. "Then find me a ride or give me one yourself."

"I-I'll go speak with the manager," she said and ran down the hall. Mrs. Kim rolled her eyes and shut the door. She inhaled and slowly exhaled to keep her composure.

It wasn't long when she was told that they've found her a driver and so she left the hotel to the hospital Mr. Byun was in. She sat in the back seat and watched all the buildings pass by. It wasn't long when they reached the hotel and she got off, heading into the building.

The employees who passed by greeted her as she made her way to the elevators and waited for one to open.

"Oh? Mrs. Kim?" a woman had said from the side and she looked over to the owner of the voice. "Ah, it is you!"

"And you are?" Mrs. Kim raised her brow.

 "I'm Byun Seolhyun, the daughter of Byun Minsoo," she said with a sweet smile and polite bow. Just the name perked Mrs. Kim's interests.

"Ahh~ now I remember you," Mrs. Kim said with a fake smile. "My, you are a gorgeous lady."

"Thank you," Seolhyun smiled with another bow. Mrs. Kim looked at her from head to toe and saw that Seolhyun had a bouquet of flowers in her hands.

"Is that for your father?" she asked and Seolhyun nodded. "Not only are your beautiful, but so is your heart. Your parents must be proud."

Seolhyun shyly smiled and an elevator opened for them.

"I'm heading up to see your father too, so why don't we go together," Mrs. Kim said as she led Seolhyun into the elevator. The two stood in the elevator in silence with other patients and staffs, then it stopped at their level. They both got off together and walked down to Mr. Byun's private room.

Seolhyun knocked first and entered when a nurse called out to them to enter, so they did.

"Appa, I'm here," Seolhyun said once her father was in sight. He turned, weakly, at her and smiled.

"My precious daughter is here," he softly said and she nodded. She walked up to him and gave him a gentle hug. He brushed her hair, happy to see her, when he saw another woman in the corner of his eyes. He turned and saw Mrs. Kim standing at the door. "Oh, my apologies, Mrs. Kim. I didn't know you came as well."

"Oh no, it's alright," she said with a sweet, soft voice and greet him with a bow. "How are you doing, Mr. Byun?"

"Could be better," he chuckled before coughing.

"Please, take it easy," she said and walked over to his bedside.

Seolhyun looked at the two, then walked over to the wilting flowers on the window sill. She took them out and replaced them with new, fresh flowers.

"What brings you in today, Mrs. Kim?" Mr. Byun asked as he looked at the new flowers.

"I thought I'd drop by to see how you were doing, that's all," she said with a forced smile. "Hopefully my husband is treating you well."

Mr. Byun looked from the flowers to her and smiled, "Oh, he is. He's doing the best he can for me, although he is a very busy man himself tending to other patients."

"Yes, but you are our priority," she said when Mr. Byun shook his head.

"No, you have it wrong," Mr. Byun lightly chuckled to avoid coughing again. "Every patients' life is important; I shouldn't have to be anyone's priority. Besides, there are other's lives who are much more important than mine and those people should be the priority of Mr. Kim and the staff here."

"That may be true, but you are also a special part in our lives as well," Mrs. Kim said as she took a seat by his bed. "We can't lose you just yet."

Mr. Byun smiled, "And you won't. I'll fight through this illness and come back just as healthy as before, but it takes time and I will wait for time to tell me when I can return to my family's side."

Mrs. Kim smiled and nodded, "You have quite a positive attitude; I admire you for that."

Mr. Byun nodded and Seolhyun came to his other side when Mrs. Kim had asked her, "Seolhyun-ah, may I have some time alone with your father? I would like to discuss some things with him."

She looked surprised and looked at her father before turning back to look at Mrs. Kim. Seolhyun knew not to say anything more and to leave when asked to, so she nodded and walked to the door.

"I'll be back in a few minutes, appa," she said and he nodded, then she left.

Now, it was just Mr. Byun and Mrs. Kim alone in the room. She deeply inhaled then exhaled to get enough oxygen into his lungs. He looked at Mrs. Kim and said, "If it is anything business related, you have the wrong person. I am no longer in charge of the Byun Group, you must speak with CEO Baekhyun to address business issues."

"Oh, I would, but he seems to be on a vacation with my daughter. I wouldn't want to interupt their time alone when they rarely see each other," she said.

"That may be true, but he is still the CEO of the Byun Group. Right now, he knows best, not me," Mr. Byun said with a cough at the end of the sentence.

"I understand that, but I must address some rumors that have been going around," she said and sighed. "I heard one of your sponsors are looking for some funds for the project in Japan and I thought it was best to settle down with the rumors."

Mr. Byun had heard about this for the first time and he furrowed his brows.

"What are you talking about?" he asked positioning himself into a sitting position. Mrs. Kim knew she had caught his attention and hid a smirk behind a troubled expression.

"I don't know the full details yet, but I thought I'd wait for Baekhyun to return to discuss this issue," she said and Mr. Byun sighed. "But, if the rumors are true, then Baekhyun shouldn't be in Busan and should be here fixing that issue, don't you think?"

Mr. Byun pressed his lips tight together and couldn't properly think with how he's been feeling.

"Whether or not Baekhyun knows about this issue, he has a plan," he said with full trust. "I believe in him. This project means a lot to him, he wouldn't give up on it just like that. He was the one who found those sponsors because he was desperate and he'll continue to be desperate to prove himself that he is capable of being the CEO of the Byun Group."

Mrs. Kim did not like the way this was going as she was expecting him to be disappoint and even annoyed.

"Whether he comes back today, tomorrow, or the next day, his project in Japan will not be effected as he will have this problem fixed in no time," Mr. Byun said with a faint smile. "Besides, the issues we have within the Byun Group does not concern you, Mrs. Kim. With respect, our children are not offically married yet, so you have no part in our current situations."

That made Mrs. Kim blood boil, but she forced a smile and said, "I understand, Mr. Byun. I only thought I'd bring up the issue since you should know as well."

"Thank you for informing me, I appreciate it. But I must say this again, I too, do not play a part in the issues concerning the Byun Group. Everything should be addressed to CEO Baekhyun," he said and laid back down on the bed. "If you are done, then please bring back my daughter, although you are more than welcomed to stay longer too."

"I have a packed schedule today, so I must go," she said and bowed to him before leaving the room to see Seolhyun standing out in the hallway. She glared at the innocent girl and strutted down the hallway.

Seolhyun was shocked to recieve such an expression and entered her father's room. She could tell her father was stressed and she knew something happened while she was out. She took a seat by his bed and poured him a cup of warm water.

"Everything alright?" she asked, handing him the cup.

"I hope so," he sighed and drank the water.

Seolhyun faintly smiled and said, "I believe in him, appa. He'll keep the Byun Group strong."

Mr. Byun sighed again and shook his head, "I'm not worried about the Byun Group; I'm just worried about your brother. At such a young age, he's already taking such a big role in the business world. It worries me that soon he'll have his breaking point and it'll not only affect him and the Byun Group...but Mina too."

Seolhyun didn't look at it from that view and pressed her lips tightly together.

"But it's not going to affect her in a bad way, right?" she asked. "It won't affect their relationship, will it?"

Mr. Byun didn't know how to answer because he didn't know the answer himself...but he had a feeling things weren't going to be good once Mina and Baekhyun return from Busan.

*****

Baekhyun and Mina were on their way to do some sight seeing since they didn't want to be locked up in the villa all day. Baekhyun couldn't help, but glance at Mina whenever he had the chance to while driving. He smiled and reached his right hand over to Mina's hands that laid in her lap. That caught her attention and she turned her head to look at him.

"What is it?" she asked as he continued to smile.

"I don't know," he answered with a little shrug. "I just love you, that's all."

Hearing that made her heart race and her face blush. She quickly turned away to look at the passing buildings and Baekhyun found it adorable to see her get embarrassed.

"One day you'll tell me those three words too, so don't get embarrassed just hearing them," he chuckled.

"Don't have such high hopes-"

"Oh, I have high hopes, alright," he said and took her left hand, giving it a light peck. "I'll make sure I'm the only man you say those words to, even if it takes me the rest of my life."

Mina looked at his happy expression and there was that painful feeling in her chest again. But, things were different now...she had to believe that things were going to be different.

Mina continued to look out the window while still holding Baekhyun's hand and she noticed there were less and less buildings passing by. Soon enough, they came to a stop in a secluded area in the moutain area. Mina was a bit confused about where they were, but Baekhyun knew exactly where they were.

"C'mon, let's get out," he said with smile and turned off the car engine. He got out of the car and opened the trunk to take out a packed backpack. Mina got out of the car too and looked at her surroundings.

"Don't tell me you brought us out to hike?" she asked as she isn't the hiking type. Baekhyun chuckled and grabbed hold of her hand.

"Not really, we're just going to go up a bit. But, I promise you, you'll love the view from there," he said and led her up the hill.

The trees were kind of dense that anyone could easily get lost in the area, but Baekhyun knew where he was going. Mina, on the other hand, doubted him. But, the further they went up, the more visible sunlight was seen and once they reached their destination, Mina became breathless.

"What do you think?" Baekhyun asked, looking down at Mina's surprised face.

She couldn't believe what she was seeing with her own eyes! It was the view of the ocean and parts of the city; the ocean looked vast and the city looked so tiny.

"H-How did you find this place?" Mina asked, completely shocked. Baekhyun light chuckled and set the backpack down on the grass, then walked up behind her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close against his chest.

"My father's secretary brought me here once when we were on a buisness trip," he said and rested his chin on her shoulder. "That day, I had gotten into an argument with my father about him being a workaholic and stormed out of the villa because I was so upset and angry. His secretary then, followed me and brought me here to help me calm down. I always come here when I get the chance to, regardless of what I'm feeling, because it relaxes me. It takes all my worries away."

Baekhyun smiled and glanced down at Mina.

"And I wanted to bring you here...to clear your mind," he softly said and that made Mina's heart thump. "This is my special place; now it'll be ours. I'll bring you here every year; just the two of us."

Mina faintly smiled and looked at the beautiful scenery.

"Will we be able to come every year?" she asked and he knew exactly what she was talking about. He tightened his hug and kissed the top of her shoulder.

"I'm never going to leave your side," he assured her.

*****

Two days later, Mina and Baekhyun were informed that Sejong and Minsuk (introduced in Chapter 19) were holding a wedding ceremony and they were invited to attend. They only had today and tomorrow before heading back to Seoul, but they really had no plans anyways, so they decided to attend the wedding. Only problem was, they didn't have the proper attire for the wedding, so they went out to shop at a nearby store that had decent looking clothes for a wedding.

Mina walked around the store with a few dresses in her arms while Baekhyun had already found his clothes, so he followed her around the store.

"You don't really need to look fancy. I mean, you'll basically be wearing your parka and that'd just cover your dress," he said while counting the dresses in her arms.

"But I want to look nice for their wedding. Besides, I've never been to a wedding, so with you here I can at least get some opinions," she said and picked out another dress.

"I'd only give you the same answer," he sighed. "If you want opinions, Seolhyun is the person to look for."

"But she's not here, is she?" she said and walked towards a store staff and asked for a fitting room. They were led to the back of the store and Baekhyun was asked to take a seat in the hallway.

Mina stood in the fitting room alone and looked at the pieces she picked out. A lot of them were short dresses and with the cold weather, she didn't want to freeze her legs, but she decided to try them on anyways.

She grabbed a burgundy long sleeve dress that was covered in lace and tried it on before walking out for Baekhyun to see.

"How's this one?" she asked as he widened his eyes and with his heart thumping. It's been awhile since he's seen her dressed up, so he didn't really know how to react other than to admire her.

"You look beautiful in that," he smiled. Mina looked at herself in the mirror and tilted her head, wondering if it was really alright to wear a skin tight dress to a wedding.

"Let me go try another one," she said and headed back into the fitting room, but one turned to two; then turned to three and so on.

Baekhyun gave her the exact same answer and it was exhausting for him to see so many dresses. He wondered if this would happen too if they went wedding dress shopping.

He eventually had the store staff assist Mina on finding a dress when he stumbled across a dress on a mannequin. There was something about it that made Baekhyun want Mina to try it on, even though he knew she wasn't going to wear it at the wedding. He got another staff to get the dress and to give it to Mina to try, then went back to his seat to wait for her to come out in that dress.

Mina was just changing into her clothes when there was a knock at the door. She had the staff open the door for her and the other female staff held the dress up.

"Mr. Byun would like you to try on this dress," she said and placed the dress on the hanger. "He'll be waiting for you."

Mina looked at the female staff then to the dress that hang on the wall and felt her heart thump. Could she really wear such a beautiful dress?

"This one's a little hard to put on, so I'll assist you," the first female staff said and closed the fitting room door for Mina to change.

Baekhyun sat in his chair, nervous for some reason as he waited. It wasn't long when he heard heels clicking on the floor and he looked up to see Mina. His heart stopped.

Mina was in a beautiful white dress that would be fit for a bride's wedding dress. The top half was a halter top, covered in lace; the bottom half was an a-line in chiffon material. 

"Baekhyun, I know it's not appropriate to wear white at someone else's wedding," Mina said, embarrassed to be even wearing white. Baekhyun felt his heart race and he stood up from his seat.

"I know, but I wanted to see you in white," he said and moved towards her. He smiled and said, "And I must say, you look best in white."

Mina blushed and turned away to look at herself in the dress. It was a weird feeling...she felt as if she really was in a wedding dress...it was every girls' dream to dress in white one day. She wondered, would that day come for her?

Baekhyun placed his hands on both sides of her shoulders and looked at her through the mirror.

"Once our day comes, you'll be dressed in white and I'd say 'I do' before you even reach the alter," he smiled and there was a clench in Mina's heart. She felt her tears well up in her eyes and Baekhyun turned her around to face him. "And only with you will I say those two words."

Mina was happy to hear that, but there was that doubt in her heart again....

She inhaled and slowly exhaled before forcing a smile, "I'm going to change back into my clothes and choose the dress the staff recommended. I'll be back in a bit."

And she took quick steps back to the fitting room. Baekhyun watched her leave and he felt his heart clench, but he knew they needed time before she could fully return the love. He didn't want to rush anything, but he wanted her to know that he was sure about marrying her and only her; only then will she realize that he truly loves her.

Hours later, the two arrived at the facility that was hosting the wedding and greeting the groom first.

"Congratulations on your marriage, hyung," Baekhyun said, shaking Minsuk's hand before pulling him into a hug. "You're a real lucky guy."

"Thanks," Minsuk chuckled and looked at Mina. "Thank you both for coming to witness our wedding."

"We wouldn't miss it," Mina said when she heard two kids shout her name.

"Mina unnie/noona!!"

She turned around and saw the twins, Minsoo and Minseo. She smiled brightly at them as they ran to her and gave her a huge huge. Baekhyun and Minsuk chuckled at the reunion.

"We've missed you!" they chorused and looked up at her in unison.

"I've miss you too," she giggled and hugged them back. "How are you two?"

"We've been good," Minseo grinned as Minsoo nodded. "Where's Bacon?"

Baekhyun came up to them and wrapped his arm around Mina's shoulder.

"We would have loved to bring him, but he's with his Auntie today," Baekhyun answered and the twins pouted. "Don't worry, we'll bring him next time and you'll be the first to greet him."

"I hope so!" the twins exclaimed and the four of them chatted while Minsuk went to greet other guests.

Mina was having a great time with the twins when her eyes fell upon a man. She excused herself from the three of them and walked towards this man.

"Mr. Park?" she softly called out and the elderly man turned her direction.

"Mina!" he smiled, brightly and exused himself from the group he was with. "I didn't think you would show up. How are you?"

She smiled and gave him a modest bow before answering, "I have been doing well. And yourself?"

"Well, I am getting older, but I am well," he chuckled and she smiled. "Have you gone to see your father?"

Just the thought of her father made her sad, but she hid it and shook her head with a faint smile.

"I have been busy, so I have not gone to see his grave yet," she lied and he gave her an empathetic look.

"He would love to see you again," he said and patted her shoulder. "I actually went to visit him not too long ago. I told him about meeting you back at the conference when we first met here in Busan. I'm sure he was glad to hear that you've been doing good."

Mina felt her eyes well up and she forced a smile, "I'll have to visit him soon and tell him that myself."

"Yes, that seems like a good plan," he said with a soft smile just as Baekhyun walked up to them.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Park," Baekhyun greeted him as Mr. Park gave him a bow.

"I heard about your father, I am very sorry for such a thing to have happened to you and your family," he said and Baekhyun shook his head.

"It's alright," he smiled. "My father's recovering well."

"I'm glad to hear that," Mr. Park said with a nod and asked, "And how are you doing? Are things going well for the Byun Group?"

Baekhyun nodded, completely oblivious to the current rumors, but Mr. Park knew better than to bring up business issues at his son and soon to be daughter-in-law's wedding along with Baekhyun and Mina being here on a vacation.

Then over the intercom, an announcement was made for guests to find their seats as the ceremony was going to begin soon and so Mr. Park looked at the both of them.

"If you or Mina ever need anything, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I'll always help the two of you out when needed. Afterall, you two are the children of my most respected and beloved juniors," he said and the two looked at each other before looking at him with a nod. He smiled and walked off into the room where the ceremony was being held.

"Shall we find our seats too?" Baekhyun asked and Mina nodded, so they entered and the ceremony began.

*****

Back at Mr. Byun's hospital, he had Secretary Moon, his wife, and Seolhyun with him. They were chatting away like usual while Secretary Moon was on his laptop, making sure things were going smoothly. He knew nothing about the financial issues, only Mrs. Kim and Mr. Byun knew about it, so Mr. Byun kept his eyes on Secretary Moon. Secretary Moon looked up from his laptop and happened to meet eyes with Mr. Byun; he immediately knew something was up.

He shut down his laptop and walked over to Mr. Byun's bed side while Mrs. Byun and Seolhyun continued on with their converstaion.

"Sir, is there anything you'd like? You look uncomfortable," Secretary Moon whispered and Mr. Byun sighed as he looked up at him.

"I can't bring this up to you with my family here," Mr. Byun whispered and kept his eyes on his family, but his hands moved behind him. He grabbed hold of an envelope and made sure Secretary could see the corner of it without fully pulling it out from behind the pillow.

Secretary Moon moved closer to him and grabbed the envelope while keeping his eyes on the two women. He turned around and slid the envelope into his blazer and poured a warm cup of water for Mr. Byun.

"Remember to keep yourself hydrated, Sir," he said as it was a cover up in case the two had any suspicions.

"Thank you," Mr. Byun said and took a sip of the water.

Seolhyun turned her head towards the wall clock and gasped, "Oh no! I have to get ready for class! I gotta go!"

"Would you like me to drive you? You did come with me afterall," Mrs. Byun said and stood up as Seolhyun was putting on her jacket. and scarf.

"Sur-"

"I'll take her, Madam," Secretary Moon said and looked at the two. "I'm heading back to the office anyways to prepare it for Baekhyun since he's returning tomorrow evening, so I'll send her to school."

Mrs. Byun smiled, "Thank you so much, Secretary Moon."

Seolhyun quickly gave her mom a hug and a peck on the cheek and turned to her father.

"I'll come back tomorrow morning and bring you fresh flowers," she said and gave him a gentle hug, then kissed his cheek too. "Please get better when I come back."

"I can't make any promises, but I'll try," he softly said and Seolhyun waved her parents goodbye while Secretary Moon bowed to them and took their leave.

The two walked down the hallway and turned the corner when Seolhyun bumped into a nurse. The nurse dropped her things and Seolhyun apologized immediately.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't watching where I ws going," she said and helped the nurse pick up her things as Secretary Moon kneeled down to help them when he came across Mr. Byun's document and some spilled pills on the floor. He only saw it briefly as the nurse quickly picked it up, so he picked up the pills and put them back in the paper cup.

"Thank you," the nurse said to them and reached for the cup when Secretary Moon lifted it up, preventing her from having it. She and Seolhyun were flustered.

"Why are you guys prescribing Mr. Byun with new medication?" he firmly asked as the nurse was taken aback.

"I-I...I can't answer that," she said, intimidated by his firm expression. "I'm only doing what I'm told to do. Doctor Kim handles Mr. Byun's prescriptions."

Secretary Moon knew she was only doing her job, but he still had his doubts.

"What seems to be the problem?" Dr. Kim said walking towards them with furrowed brows.

"U-Uhm, he-"

"Is Mr. Byun's condition serious?" Secretary Moon questioned Mr. Kim.

"What?" Mr. Kim asked, flustered. Seolhyun, who was watching, looked up at Secretary Moon and tugged at his sleeves.

"Oppa," she softly said.

"From what I have observed, none of the medication you are prescribing are working effectively in helping Mr. Byun recover," he continued and handed the nurse the cup of pills. "I am no doctor, but I believe his condition is nothing serious. He should have been fine weeks ago, but he seems to only be getting worse and the medications you are giving him seem to have no effect. Doesn't that seem odd?"

"Are you questioning my credibilty as a doctor?" Mr. Kim smirked and Secretary Moon narrowed his eyes and walked towards him. He stood next to Mr. Kim and said into his ear, "I was simply just pointing out my observations, but you're the doctor here. Do you think you're credible as a doctor?"

Mr. Kim swallowed hard and looked at Secretary Moon in the eyes.

"I do," he said through gritted teeth. "And I'll show you that Mr. Byun is in good hands. I know what's best for my patients in recovering from an illness."

"Then I expect Mr. Byun to fully recover soon," he said not leaving his eyes from Mr. Kim's. "Or else I will have you removed as Mr. Byun's primary doctor and we will seek another doctor with credentials."

"You're only a secretary, you don't know the difficulties of treatment," Mr. Kim said.

"Will you be able to say that once I find him another doctor that can treat him in a few days?" Secretary Moon questioned and Mr. Kim swallowed hard.

"Please, don't worry as I will take good care of him," he said and walked away with Secretary Moon's eyes following him. Seolhyun watched too, then turned to him.

"Op-"

"Never mention this to your parents," he said to her and her eyes dropped to the floor. "Not even to Baekhyun. I will do it myself when the time is right and when I am sure of my predictions."

She nodded and he sighed, patting her head.

"I don't mean to scare you," he said and she looked up at him with a faint smile.

"Let's just go, I will be late for class," she said and he nodded, both walking away.

Meanwhile, Mr. Kim looked at his surroundings in a panic and called Mrs. Kim once he was clear.

"Hello, dear," she cooed on the other line.

"This is not the time to be sweet," he said in a frantic.

"Why? What's wrong love-"

"The secretary may be on to me," he said and she felt her breath stop. She was in her office and spun her chair around to look out the window.

"And what do you mean?" she asked while tapping her fingers against her arm rest.

"He may know that I am prescribing Mr. Byun with the wrong prescriptions," he said and Mrs. Kim gripped onto the arm rest. "He's a smart one, I know that. He'll find out your plan. What are you going to do?"

Mrs. Kim inhaled sharply and sighed, "I'll think of something, but for now we must gain his trust. The best we can do is prescribe him with the correct medication to clear any suspicions."

Mr. Kim wasn't sure about the plan...he was scared and worried.

"Don't worry, darling," Mrs. Kim assured him. "I'll protect you; I am a powerful woman afterall."

"Are you sure?" he asked, anxious.

"Yes, now go do what you have to do," she said and hung up without another word. Once she did, she threw the phone across the room and screamed.

"That ing secretary of theirs! He's going to ruin everything!" she screamed and breathed heavily. "I won't leave him alone if he gets in my way. No one interferes with my plans!"

Meanwhile, Secretary Moon had returned to Baekhyun's office after dropping off Seolhyun at school. He set his work bag on Baekhyun's desk and pulled out the envelope Mr. Byun had given him at the hospital. He opened the envelope and read what was inside.

There was a rumor that I had heard from Mrs. Kim. Apparently there's no funds for the project in Japan? Whatever the reason, notify Baekhyun as soon as he returns and solve this issue before it is revealed to the public...I don't want Baekhyun to feel belittled again with this issue by the public. Also...don't recieve funds from Mrs. Kim. Our children may be getting married for our business, but I cannot fully trust her just yet...for now, stay away from her.