Chapter Twenty Four

Teach Me What Love Is

3rd Person POV~ 

In the home of Mr. and Mrs. Kim, the atmosphere wasn't all that great. There was anger lingering amongst the silence in the air. Mrs. Kim was in her office room with a glass of red wine while taping her long fingernails against her desk. She peered into the wine glass as she thought to herself. 

"After all I've done he decides to postpone my position as the Lead," she growled in a whisper. "I paid all those people to back out on them and yet this is the results I get?"

A corner of her lips twitched into a smirk and she clenched her fists. 

"Who the hell do they think they are to tell me they don't want me to interfere with their project? They must be out of their mind," she grumbled on and took a sip of her wine. "That damn Baekhyun. He's getting in my way when I was so close to having everything."

She breathed heavily as she recalled the phone call she recieved from Mr. Byun telling her he's holding off her position and to let Baekhyun handle everything for now. At the memory, she slammed her clenched fist on the desk and she clenched her teeth. 

"I was so close," she muttered and she drank all of her wine. "I'll have to find another way to make that project mine. Besides, they're not going to survive for long if I've paid all their shareholders to never contact them again. A threat is enough to shut them up."

She poured herself another glass of wine when there was a knock at the door. 

"Madame," an elderly woman said from the other side of the door. 

"What is it you want old hag?" Mrs. Kim asked already tipsy from the drinks she's had. 

"U-uhm, Miss Mina is here to see you," the woman said and Mrs. Kim rolled her eyes. 

"Oh great," she muttered, not pleased to hear Mina's name. "Tell her to go home. She's not welcomed here."

"As if I was the type to care about what you say," Mina said and walked into the office room, slamming the door behind her. She then stepped back at the smell of alcohol. "God, it reeks in here."

"Honey, I suggest you shower before you come next time," Mrs. Kim chuckled a drunken one and looked at Mina. "Gosh, you really are an eyesore."

"And you're a real in' ," she retorted, feeling her body burn in anger. "What the hell are you plotting?"

Mrs. Kim lightly laughed and set her wine glass on her desk. 

"I don't know what you're talking about," she answered with a thin smile. Mina frowned and walked over to her mother. 

"Don't you dare lie to me," she said, furious. "I've heard some stuff from people."

"And who are the ones spreading these false rumors? I'd like to know," Mrs. Kim continued to smile. Mina swallowed hard and narrowed her eyes. "Honey, I haven't done a single thing."

Although that was a lie, Mina wasn't so sure herself. She didn't know the full details and she was quick to jump to conclusions, but she was firm with what she believed. 

"If you haven't done anything then why is Baekhyun's project failing? They had great supporters and shareholders," Mina said in a calm voice, but her heart was raging with anger. Mrs. Kim scoffed and crossed her legs. 

"Have you ever thought that maybe they just weren't great enough to work with? They lack money," she responded. 

"I'm sure money wasn't the problem," Mina said. "They couldn't have lost everything during the time Baekhyun and I were out of town. Something must have happened and I'm sure you were involved."

Mrs. Kim was fed up with playing this game and asked. "And what if I was? Are you going to tell on me?"

Mina felt her heart stop for a second and she didn't know how to answer. She swallowed hard and dropped her eyes down. 

"You can't, can you?" Mrs. Kim asked, feeling happy to see Mina lose her guard. She stood up and walked over to Mina, grabbing her chin and lifting her head up so that their eyes met. "You can't tell him because you're afraid of what I'd do to you."

Mina's eyes wavered and she tried to remove her mother's hand, but Mrs. Kim grabbed hold of her chin. 

"Also, why is it that you're trying to confront me about this? You lack business knowledge and you hate Baekhyun, so why are you trying to help him?" she asked and Mina widened her eyes. She wasn't sure as to why she was trying to protect Baekhyun. "Don't tell me...you've fallen in love with him?"

"Impossible!" Mina spat and shoved Mrs. Kim away from her. Her mother stumbled and glared at Mina. "I hate Baekhyun! But who I hate the most is you! And I'm going to stop you from getting what you want."

"And what is it that I want?" she smirked. 

"Money and power. That's all you've ever wanted; that's all you see in your eyes," Mina answered and glared right back at her. "And I'll make sure you don't ever get those. Dont get in Baekhyun's way."

And with that Mina started walking to the door when Mrs. Kim grabbed her wine glass and threw it across the room, hitting the wall next to the door. Mina froze in her place. She felt an evil aura filling the air. 

"You're really annoying, you know that?" Mrs. Kim growled like a mad woman. "And you say you're going to stop me? How will you do that, Mina?"

"I'll tell Baekhyun what you did," Mina answered with a strong tone but with fear in her heart. 

"What exactly will you tell him? You don't know what I've done," she said and Mina glanced over her shoulders to look at her mom who was breathing heavily. 

"Its not hard to know that you paid those people to leave. Everything for you is about money unless...it was that you offered," Mina smirked and that hit Mrs. Kim. Mina turned around and walked on again when Mrs. Kim ran to Mina, grabbing her by the arm. 

"Ow!" Mina shouted from the grip and Mrs. Kim turned her around so that they were facing each other. She pushed Mina against the wall and trapped her between her arms; now Mina was afraid of what was to come. 

"You're not going to tell anyone anything," she muttered with her breath hitting Mina's face. "As a matter of fact, you're going to help me."

"What? Why the hell would I-"

"Because you piss me off and you listen well to what I have to say when you're fearful," Mrs. Kim said with a smirky smile. Mina breathed heavily and responded, "Like hell I would. You don't scare me anymore."

"Is that so?" Mrs. Kim challenged and Mina swallowed hard. "We'll see about that."

And she grabbed Mina by the arm, dragging her out of the room and down the hallway. 

"L-let me go!" Mina shouted as it echoed through the house. "You're hurting me!"

But Mrs. Kim didn't care. She continued to drag Mina up the stairs and into the bedroom where she grew up in. Mrs. Kim threw Mina onto the ground and stomped over to Mina's closet. 

"If you won't help me, I'll burn your memories of your father," she threatened and held a box holding photos and other things. Mina widened her eyes and felt a lump grow in . 

"N-no! You can't!" Mina pleaded and Mrs. Kim opened the box. 

"Should've thought of that before you pissed me off," she said and grabbed a photo from the box. It was one of Mina and her father at a park, smiling together. Mrs. Kim grimaced at the photo and ripped it in half without a second thought. 

Mina felt her heart rip and she started to cry as she watched the photo hit the ground. 

"There are more where that came from," Mrs. Kim smiled and Mina shook her head. 

"S-stop. Please stop," Mina begged and Mrs. Kim grabbed another photo, getting ready to rip it. "I'll help you! So please, don't rip anymore!"

Mrs. Kim smirked, satisfied, and placed the photo back in the box. 

"Will you really help me?" she asked and Mina nodded, frantically. 

"I'll help you. Just tell me what I have to do," Mina cried and Mrs. Kim laughed. 

"And here you came in with a scary look on your face. What was it again? You weren't scared of me anymore? You're not the type to listen to what I have to say? What a joke!" she laughed at Mina and threw the box across the room with photos and other belongings scattering the floor. Mina's heart broke as she looked at the mess.

Mrs. Kim walked over to her and knelt down, meeting her eyes. "Now you listen carefully to mama. You do whatever you can to make Baekhyun give up. Make him lose hope. That way, they'll come running back to me when they're feeling hopeless, understand?"

"Yes," Mina whispered with a sniffle. Mrs. Kim smiled and stood up with arms crossed. 

"Now that's a good girl," she said and walked passed Mina to the door, then stopped to glance at Mina as she crawled on the floor to grab the photo that was ripped up. 

"If anything, Baekhyun is to blame for all of this," Mrs. Kim said and Mina clenched her jaw. "If it weren't for Baekhyun, you wouldn't have confronted me and pissed me off; I wouldn't have ripped up that photo of your father."

Mina felt her heart burn with her emotions going all over the place. 

"And also, don't fall in love with Baekhyun. He doesn't love you, he's only using you," Mrs. Kim smiled. "Why do you think he decided to marry you in the first place? Besides, love doesn't exist in your world. You don't deserve to give or receive anyone's love. You're nothing, but a lifeless being walking this earth. No one's going to love you, so don't get caught up and go on to protecting someone who's only using you."

And with that, Mrs. Kim left the room, shutting the door behind her leaving Mina to sob alone. 

No more than an hour later, Mina grew exhausted and finally picked up everything, putting it all neatly back into the box. She closed the lid and stood up with the box in her arms, hugging it. 

She walked out of her room to see the same elderly lady standing in front of her with Bacon in her arms. Mina hung her head low with her hair covering her face as the lady felt her heart break. 

"Mina-"

"Thank you for watching Bacon all this time," Mina quietly said and grabbed Bacon from the lady, then began walking away. 

"Shall I call for a cab?" the lady asked, worried and Mina shook her head. 

"I'll be fine," she answered and walked on out of the house to see a car pull up. It was Mr. Kim, the last person she wanted to see at the moment. 

"Mina," he smiled, getting out of his car. "I didn't know you were visiting."

She didn't reply and kept walking. He watched her walk away and looked back to the house with a sigh. He could only imagine the argument that went on in that house, but he didn't know that there was more to it. 

He entered the house and went straight to find his wife, who was back in her office room leaning in her chair. He saw the shattered glass on the floor with stains of wine. 

"What happened?" he asked and she scoffed. 

"That's none of your business," she answered with a rude voice. "Leave me alone."

"I saw Mina walking out-"

"I said leave me alone!" she shouted and glared at Mr. Kim before turning away, exhausted. 

"What's gotten into you lately?" he quietly asked and she didn't bother to reply. He got the message and left the room, heading to his room to change. 

Mina's POV~

I took my time going back to the apartment. My thoughts were everywhere and I didn't feel like seeing Baekhyun or anyone at the moment. 

I was in front of the apartment building, but I didn't go in. For some reason I just couldn't, so I walked to the side of the building and sat down against the wall. I pulled my knees to my chest with Bacon curling up besides me and I looked at the box in front of me. 

I took off the lid and saw the photo Mrs. Kim had ripped. It broke my heart to see my father's face ripped up...he was so happy in that photo. My heart burned and so did my eyes; I dug my face in my arms and cried to myself. 

"What do I do?" I quietly cried. "Why did I do that? Why did I try to protect Baekhyun? If I had stayed quiet she wouldn't have threatened me using my father."

I sniffled and clenched onto the photo in my hand, crumbling it. 

"Appa...what do I do?" I whispered. I wiped my tears on my arms when Bacon suddenly perked up and pulled on the leash. "What's wrong?"

He was whimpering and somehow he managed to break free from his collar. I gasped as he ran off and I chased after him. 

"Bacon!" I shouted, but he didn't make it far because he was running to someone...someone who was returning home. 

"Bacon? Why are you out here so late?" I heard Baekhyun's voice and my heart stopped. He picked the puppy up and ruffled his head. "Why are you alone? Where's Mina?"

Bacon his face, happy to see Baekhyun. He laughed at Bacon's and held the pup close. It hurted...seeing Baekhyun like this made my chest hurt. I couldn't face him at the moment, so I slowly backed away, leaving the two. I grabbed my box of memories and walked away from the apartment. 

I crossed the street when my phone began to vibrate. I looked at the caller ID and it was Baekhyun. I stared at the name for a few seconds when his name disappeared, then it appeared again. 

"Hello?" I answered after the fourth ring. 

"Hey, where are you?" he asked and there was that same painful feeling in my chest. "Bacon was out all alone. Did you lose him? Cause if you did, then I've found him, so come back home. It's already past midnight too."

I didn't say anything and just kept on walking with my phone pressed against my ear. 

"Mina?" he asked on a low voice. "Where are you?"

I swallowed hard and answered, "Sorry."

"Mina, what's wrong? Where are-"

*beep beep*

I hung up on him and clenched onto my phone as I walked on. The pain wasn't going away and it was hurting even more; it was suffocating me that it felt like I could die any second now. What is this feeling?

I don't know how long I've walked for, but it seemed like I knew where I was going. I stopped in front of a luxurious, tall building...a building all too familiar. The building where everything started. 

I looked at it blankly and my feet started moving on its own, heading inside. 

"Hello, Miss. How may I help-" the receptionist gasped and widened her eyes. "M-Miss Mina!"

"Get me a room," I said and she was flustered. "Did you not hear me? I said to get me a room."

"U-uhm, due to a concert in the area, all of the rooms have been booked," she stuttered and I glared at her. 

"Even those on the top floor?" I asked and I saw her swallow. 

"There are rooms available, but it's unpredictable at this point to know which one is available-"

"I don't give a , give me the master key card," I said and she frantically searched under the desk. Once she found the key card that opened every single door on the hotel, she hesitated to give it to me. I cared less at this point and snatched it out of her hand, heading to the elevator. I got in and pressed the button to the top floor. 

Once the doors split open, I was welcomed by an empty hallway, a hallway that looked endless. I held onto my box close to my chest and stepped out of the elevator. I heard faint music playing and people laughing. Its been months and yet they still didn't leave the place. 

I walked down halfway when a bedroom door suddenly opened and walked out a woman in tight fitting clothes. She bumped into me and I glared at her. She cursed under her breath and looked at me when she noticed who I was. 

"Mina?!" she gasped like she's just seen a ghost. This girl...it was Somin. "Where have you been woman?! You just disappeared out of nowhere!"

She grinned and wrapped an arm around me. 

"You know, the guys here have been lonely since you've been gone," she whispered and I felt angry. That's right, I'm the center of attention here. 

I took her arm off of me and took a peek inside the bedroom she was in; there was a half guy getting ready. 

"You haven't changed at all," I muttered and she cocked her head to the side. 

"What'd you say?" she asked, oblivious and I rolled my eyes, walking away. "Hey, don't leave yet.  You just got here so why don't you greet the others."

"I don't want t-"

"C'mon, they'll be thrilled to see you again," she happily smiled and grabbed my by the arm, making me drop my box. The photos and items scattered the floor and I tried to reach for them, but she was a lot stronger now and she pulled me away. 

We entered a suite room and were welcomed by loud music booming my my ears. Girls were grinding on guys in one area, others were smoking in another area and many other things were happening. This was something I had not missed. The smell was overwhelming as I had forgotten this stench. 

"Mina?" I heard a man's voice and all the attention was on me. 

"Woah! Mina's back!" another exclaimed and they all cheered like I was someone special. 

"See, what'd I say," Somin grinned and I pulled her hand away from my wrist. I was now surrounded by a bunch of people who were asking me a ton load of questions. 

"Yo, where have you been?"

"What took you so long to come back?"

"Damn, is it me or have you gotten more plump? That's hot though."

I was disgusted with these people and stepped back to have my back hit the door. 

"Geez, why are you all giving her the attention? Love us too," some girls were whining and clinging onto these guys. How immature. 

I found that chance for me to escape, so I pushed passed the crowd and made my way further into the room. There's been no change at all with this scenario; drugs, alcohol and all in one place. But even if I hated being here, I knew that this place was where I belonged. 

"Mina, come have a drink with us!" I heard a woman shout from across the room. Without thinking, I walked to them and grabbed a bottle of beer, chugging it one after another. 

That's right...this is who I am. This is where I belong. This is where I am at peace. If I hide here, I won't have this painful feeling anymore, I won't have to face Baekhyun or my mother, I can just continue to be that worthless being I once was. 

Let me drown myself with alcohol, so that I can be at ease with myself because this is who I am. Someone who's best at running away from my problems.

"Mina? Why are you crying?" a woman lightly laughed and I hadn't noticed my tears falling. "You look pathetic."

I wiped my tears with my fingers and looked at the watery substance. I snickered with a smirk and said, "I am. I really am pathetic."