Chapter Nineteen

Teach Me What Love Is

Baekhyun's POV~

I woke up earlier than usual and quietly got myself ready for the conference in the afternoon. I made sure not to wake Mina up while I got ready. 

Bacon looked at me as he laid besides her and I petted his head once I was dressed. 

"Take care of her while I'm gone," I whispered and looked at her one last time before I walked out of the room. 

I met my mother and her personal butler at the entrance of the hotel. She always looked pretty in what she wears and today, she looked even prettier. 

"Umma, remember that you're a married woman. If you dress like that you'll attract men," I teased and she giggled. 

"I must dress my best," she blushed and we walked over to the car. She and I sat in the back; it was going to be a 30 minute drive to the event, so I slouched in the seat and rested my head on my mother's shoulder. 

"Did you not get enough sleep last night, Baekhyun?" she asked as rested her head on mine. 

"More like I couldn't sleep," I said and sighed. My mind was filled with Mina all night last night; I couldn't accept the reality of her constantly trying to block me out of her life. Does she not know how much I care about her? That I want to protect her? Does she not trust me or what?

I let out a long sigh and closed my eyes. 

"Umma," I softly said and she hummed in response. "Are women generally this hard to understand?"

She lightly laughed and asked, "That's a sudden question. What made you think that way? Is this about Mina?"

"Maybe," I said. 

"Baekhyun-ah, although I'm not quite sure what you're asking, all I have to say is be patient," she advised and I opened my eyes to look up at her. "It takes time to understand them, even if others are harder to understand."

"I guess so," I quietly said, but just how long do I have to wait for me to understand Mina and her heart?

After a moment, my mother asked a question, "Did something happen with Mina's mother last night?"

I felt my heart stop for a second, flustered at this sudden question. 

"I never saw Mrs. Kim again once I left that room to see the garden," she said and I lifted my head off her shoulder, straightening my self. "Baekhyun-"

"She said she had to leave early," I said as quickly as I could. "She's a busy woman. She is the President of top-rated hotels after all."

"Hmm, that's true," she said. "I thought I was imagining things."

I felt relieved at the fact that my mother really is naive. I don't want her to be involved in this issue; she shouldn't know about Mina and Mrs. Kim's relationship, at least, not yet. My family will eventually have to know, but not now. 

Minutes later, we arrived at the building hosting the conference and made our way in, greeting strangers. This conference was both business and trade; topics that are boring yet my life depends on it in making a living. 

We entered the auditorium and I immediately saw Mrs. Kim at the far end, chatting with other business women. She's not hard to miss considering that she's the only one here that's really dressed up. Everyone else, including my mother and I, had formal attire on, but her...she was dressed as if this was some sort of fancy cocktail party.

She was laughing with the other women and looked as if nothing had happened last night. I mean, my father always told me to never bring in personal issues into work, but did it not affect her at all? She looked like she had forgotten everything. All I know was that I did not like the sight of her. 

Just then, she turned and saw me. I swallowed hard and she smiled even wider, waving to me. I just stared at her with a frown and she pulled her hand back to her side; she wasn't smiling anymore either. 

I gave her one last look before I walked off to find my mother already seated at the front row. I joined her and sat down myself. 

"Attention attendees, we ask that you take your seats as the conference will shortly take place," a male announcer said and people began to take their seats as the auditorium soon became silent. Eventually, the conference started and I tried my best to stay focused. 

Mina's POV~

I rolled in bed when there was a strange smell besides me. I sniffed the air a bit longer when I realized what it was. I shot my eyes open and saw a yellow stain on the pillow next to me. I gasped and jumped out of bed and stepped on something slimy. 

Did I want to know what it was? Hell no, I'd rather die that try to even look down to see what it was. 

"B-Baekhyun," I found myself saying his name. I looked around the room and there was pee...pee everywhere and poop. "Baekhyun?!"

I looked at the room in disgust and shock, wondering just where the heck Baekhyun was. But then, I remembered...he's at a conference. 

I groaned and felt the thing I stepped on get squishy. It felt so weird and gross that I squirmed a bit. Just then, the culprit appeared from behind the curtains. 

I looked at Bacon and pointed at him. "You! How can you do such a thing?"

He tilted his head and turned away, ignored me. I scoffed in disbelief and slowly lifted my foot off the gooey mess beneath me. It was the worst feeling ever that I had to close my eyes tightly, trying to not think about it. 

I hopped to the bathroom with one leg and stuck my foot into the bathtub. I the water and stuck my foot beneath the running water, rinsing off the poop. 

"Seriously, this puppy is asking for it," I muttered and took a bar soap. I scrubbed my foot like my life depended on it. 

Once I was finished, I headed back out to the room and just looked at the mess with a big sigh. 

"Baekhyun must never know about this," I said and glared at Bacon. "And you need some serious potty training."

He ignored me again and turned around to play with the blankets on the floor. I sighed and tiptoed around the mess to the phone. I called for a maid and they sighed on the other end of the line. They sent a maid and I hung up the phone wondering what their problem was. Who the hell sighs like that when you've only called them once?

Looking at the mess, I knew it was going to take awhile, so I leashed Bacon up and decided to take a walk. I'm pretty sure I walked passed the maid too because she had an annoyed, yet tired face on. Was that one request too much?

We walked out of the hotel and headed straight to the beach since we were pretty close to it. I haven't seen a beach in the longest time, so it felt nice to finally be there. Bacon seemed to have like it too for his first time...or so, I thought it was his first.

"Look! It's Bacon!" I heard a little girl shout with a Busan accent. I saw a little girl and boy run towards us. Bacon seemed to have recognized them and pulled the leash, meanwhile I looked at them unsure of what to do. I've never these kids before.

"Bacon!" the boy exclaimed once they were in front of us and they knelt down to pet him. They all seemed happy to see one another. Just then, the little girl looked up at me and gasped with a wide grin.

"Are you the wife of the oppa from yesterday?!" she asked and I raised an eyebrow. What is she talking about? "You must be her!"

"Uhm...this oppa. What was his name?" I asked and she blinked her eyes. It was obvious that she didn't know. "You probably have the wrong person."

"B-but this is Bacon, right?" she asked, pointing to him and I nodded. "Then you have to be her! Bacon came with a man yesterday and when my brother wanted to take him home with us, the man said that Bacon's mommy will be sad if we did!"

Yep. She's definitely talking about Baekhyun, but when did they come? Was it when I went shopping?

The little girl looked at me with a smile and said, "You're really pretty, unnie! Not only are you lucky to have your husband, but he's lucky to have such a pretty wife too!"

I scoffed and said, "You've got the wrong idea kid. He and I aren't married-"

"Eh? But he told us himself that you two were," her brother said looking up at me. "Are you two dating then?"

I opened my mouth to say something, but then I shut it and let out a sigh. Just what should I tell these kids? They looked like the persistent type.

"Who knows, but enough about me. What are your names?" I quickly said, so that I wouldn't have to talk about dating and marriage with these kids. I mean, they don't even look old enough to know much about relationships, so it's pointless to tell them anything.

"I'm Park Minseo," the little girl happily introduced herself and pointed to her brother. "And this is Park Minsoo-"

"We're twins!" he beamed up at me. "What's your name, pretty noona?"

I was taken aback by his word choice and answered, "My name's Lee Mina."

"Uwah~ all our names' start with an 'M'," Minseo grinned. These kids really like smiling...or maybe their just in a good mood, who knows. It's not a bad sight to see though.

I stayed with the kids for a while longer and it looked like they had no parental supervision, so it didn't feel right to just leave them by theirselves. We were now sitting on the sand and had small talks. I learned that they're both 8-years old and are locals of Busan, quite obvious with their accent. They usually come to the beach alone because they're friends with the vendors here, so someone's always keeping an eye on them; explains the lack of parental supervision, but at least someone's watching them from afar. They're parents own a seafood resturaunt and they love playing on the beach. They also have an older brother who is to be married soon apparently, but I didn't need to know that.

During our time together, I built a sand castle with Minseo while Minsoo entertained Bacon. I'll be honest, I had fun playing with sand and the water.

As a child, I was never able to do these sort of things...my mother took my childhood away. Even when I joined my father on his buisness trips, I either stayed in the hotel with my maids or stayed in a office to wait til he was done with his business. I'd say I had a very protective and boring childhood, but I guess I was finally able to experience what it meant to be a child, even at the age of 21.

I hadn't noticed how long I was playing with them when I felt my phone vibrate. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw the time first before looking at the text. It was already past 4pm, meaning the conference was over. 

I read the text and just as I thought, Baekhyun sent a message saying they were finished with the conference. I didn't care though, I was having too much fun on my own with these kids, but that didn't last long. 

"Minsoo! Minseo!" I heard an older man's voice. I looked up and saw a masculine man approach us. 

"Oh~! Minsuk oppa!" Minseo beamed and ran over to him along with Minsoo and Bacon. From the looks of it, he must've been their older brother. 

They hugged him and he returned the hug, then looked at me. I stood up from my position and bowed, greeting him.  He smiled and approached me. 

"I heard from our neighbor that my siblings were playing with a pretty girl. That must be you," he said with a sweet smile. Usually when men say these sort of things, it comes off creepy, but he said it in a not so creepy way. "I hope they weren't bothering you...or your puppy."

"Ah, no, they were fine," I said with an expressionless face. "I had fun with them."

"That's good to hear," he said. "Thank you for watching over them, uhm...uh...."

"Oh, my name is Mina," I said, catching that he wanted to know my name. He smiled once again and nodded. 

"Well, thanks Mina-ssi," he said and turned to his siblings. "Minsoo-ah, give the noona back her puppy!"

And as instructed, the little guy ran over to us with Bacon and Minseo following behind. Minsoo handed me the leash once they reached us and smiled. 

"I forgot," he sheepishly said. "I almost brought him home with us. I wouldn't want noona to be sad."

"I'm sure Baekhyun would be more sad than me," I said and Minseo's eyes sparkled. 

"So that must be your husband's name!" she exclaimed and I widened my eyes, then she giggled. "I bet Bacon was named after him since they sound similar."

I picked Bacon up and looked at him while rubbing under his chin. 

"Yeah, that's how he got his name," I said and she smiled. "But let me clarify it one last time, Baekhyun is not my husband."

"Sureee~" she teased and I chuckled; she seriously believes we're married. 

"Well, let's get going. We have to pick up Sejong from her conference," Minsuk said and I looked at him, surprised. It can't be....

"Are you perhaps going to the trading and business conference?" I asked and he looked at me, surprised too. 

"Yeah," he answered. "My fiancée is a part of the trading industry."

"Ah, she sounds quite successful," i praised and continued, "My...uh, my friend is also attending that conference."

"Is that so?" he wondered and smiled. "Would you like to come with us? We're heading there now."

I blinked and thought about it. I could go with them, but that's burdensome to him. But it's not like I know where the conference was taking place either. I can always ask him for the address myself and go alone though. 

"Was that too sudden of me to ask?" he asked with an apologetic look, noticing that I wasn't giving him an answer and I shook my head. 

"Nah, I'm somewhat used to sudden questions," I said and made my decision. "If you don't mind, may I catch a ride with you guys?"

"Of course!" he grinned and we made our way out of the beach. 

This is the first time in a long time that I've said "Yes" to another man other than Baekhyun, but with Baekhyun, it takes him awhile to get a "yes" from me without annoying me. 

I followed the siblings to their car and sat in the passenger's seat. I will admit that it was a bit awkward being in a car with strangers, but what choice did I have? I can't take Bacon with me on a bus; I can't walk to the conference and I can't take a taxi when I didn't bring my wallet with me, so this was my only option. 

Just kidding. I could've just gone back to the hotel and not go see Baekhyun, but that idea didn't come until after I got in the car. 

3rd Person's POV~

After the conference, Mrs. Byun had gone to another event relating to gardening; her favorite hobby. Meanwhile, Baekhyun was in the lobby speaking with a Korean-Japanese businessman about his current project in Japan. They exchanged information and numbers, then Mina's mother walked to Baekhyun once the man left. 

"Don't you think it was rude of you to ignore me like that earlier?" she asked with arms crossed. 

"Sorry, but I don't know what you're talking about. I haven't seen you at all until now," he said, flatly. She narrowed her eyes with a frown and scoffed. 

"Huh, is that so? Maybe I saw it wrong," she said, but she knew she saw right. 

"I'm quite busy at the moment, so if you have nothing to say relating to business, then please excuse me," he said and walked passed her when she grabbed his arm. 

He looked at her shocked and she glared at him. 

"What did she do to you? You weren't like this before," Mrs. Kim asked, referring to Mina. "You've gotten...how should I put it? Impolite."

Baekhyun swallowed hard and gently pulled her hand away from his arm. 

"Mrs. Kim, I think the question is, what have you done to her?" Baekhyun retorted and she slightly widened her eyes. The two stared down at one another when a woman had interrupted. 

"Baekhyun? Is that you?" she asked from the side. Both he and Mrs. Kim turned to her; she was wearing a nice rusty pink dress with curly sombre hair, fair skin and quite petite.

"Sejong?" Baekhyun quietly gasped and the woman smiled, realizing that it was really him. 

"It's really you," she beamed and saw Mrs. Kim. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to inter-"

"No, we were just finished," Mrs. Kim spoke and walked away without another word. Baekhyun watched her walk then turned to Sejong, quickly forcing a smile. 

"Its been awhile," he said and she nodded. 

"Its been four years," she stated and he snickered. 

"Time sure does fly," he said. "What have you been up to lately?"

She gave a shy smile and raised her left hand up, revealing a diamond ring on her ring finger. 

"I got engaged not too long ago," she said and Baekhyun smiled, happy for her. "It's still hard to believe that I've found the one. He's actually a sunbae from my high school."

"That's great!" he exclaimed. "Congratulations, Sejong. He's a lucky guy, that I know."

"Of course you'd know. We almost got married," she giggled. 

Baekhyun remembered the first time he was introduced to her four years ago. She was actually the first woman he met as his potential partner. The two, along with their parents, met in a fancy restaurant for their meeting. They even went on a few dates after that. 

She was beautiful then and still now, she was the definition of a perfect daughter; kind-hearted, passionate, patient and so much more, but what was missing was the love part. And like every other woman after her, he rejected the marriage proposals because there was no connection. 

"So, what about you?" Sejong asked with a curious look. "Have you found yourself a partner yet? Your parents were always so persistent."

Baekhyun sighed and rubbed the back of his head. 

"They were, weren't they," he said and gave a faint smile. "But they've stopped now."

She raised an eyebrow, "Don't tell me...you've finally found a girl?"

"Somewhat," he sheepishly grinned. "But as of now, I'm still uncertain if this will work out between the two of us."

Sejong tilted her head, confused, and carefully asked, "Why do you think that way?"

"Because for once, it's my one-sided love," he said and she giggled with a perfect eye smile. "Is that amusing?"

"Kind of," she answered. "But I actually talked to your mother beforehand."

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow at how quick she was to greet Mrs. Byun. 

"Apparently you've been with this girl for half a year already, you've never stayed with a woman this long before. Doesn't that say something?" she asked and Baekhyun snorted. If only she knew the reason behind Mina staying with Baekhyun all these months. 

"Trust me, Sejong. She doesn't love me, as a matter of fact, she doesn't even like me," Baekhyun said, almost ranting, but this woman wasn't going to believe it. 

"She may not have any feelings towards you now, but that doesn't mean she can't develop them later," she encouraged him. "I'd say an important step to winning her heart is make her trust you. A lot of woman, not all, but a lot want a man whom they can trust, especially a man they can give their heart to."

Baekhyun wasn't quite getting it and made it obvious that he was confused, so Sejong explained, "Think of it this way. If her heart was in the palms of your hands and you were to hold it too tight, it'd hurt the heart. Or if you were to cover it, then it'd forever feel trapped or enclosed. But if you were to loosely hold it, it won't feel the warmth of your hands and if your hands were to separate, the heart would fall and break."

"But hearts don't break...it's an organ. Not to mention, why would I hold a human heart?" he asked with a disgusted frown. She looked at him in disbelief and let out a disappointed sigh. 

"How can he be so dull?" was what Sejong was thinking in her head. 

She took in a deep breath and slowly exhaled, then continued to explain, "What I'm trying to say is that if she was to give you her love and her heart then she'd want to know that she can trust you with it, knowing that you won't damage it or let it fall. Trusting you for protection and warmth."

"Oh, now that makes sense," he said and thought about it. He already knew that Mina doesn't trust him, but was that the reason? Or does she really just flat out hate him?

Just then, Mina and the three siblings arrived at the facility. She knew Bacon wasn't allowed into the building, so she stayed outside and saw all these business people hanging around the building, so she tried to look for Baekhyun among them. 

"Do you want to look for your friend first? I can look after Bacon," Minsuk asked and she shook her head. 

"You go ahead and look for your fiancee, I can wait," she replied. He gave her a look, double checking to see if she was sure and she made a gesture for him to go. 

"I'll be sure to be quick," he said and headed into the building with Minseo, who was excited to see her future sister-in-law. Minsoo stayed with Mina since he was still attached to Bacon. 

The three of them found an empty bench near the entrance and played with one another when an elder man approached them. 

"Minsoo?" the man asked and they all looked up, then the boy smiled happily. 

"Grandpa!" Minsoo beamed and jumped off the bench, running to the man. The two hugged and Mina just watched, feeling her chest tighten just a bit; it wasn't too painful though, she tolerated it. 

"I wasn't sure if it was you because you were with someone new," the grandfather smiled and looked at Mina. She gave him a respectful bow and he returned the bow. 

"Grandpa, that is Mina. She's our new friend," Minsoo said, pointing to her, then to the puppy. "And that's Bacon, he was named after her husband."

Mina widened her eyes and felt a thump against her chest. She didn't think he'd be so quick to say something like that. 

The grandfather laughed and patted Minsoo's head, then looked back at her. 

"Isn't that lovely," he chuckled. "Sounds almost like Baekhyun."

Her eyes grew even wider and her heart raced after suddenly hearing his name. The man smiled and proudly said, "I must be right."

"Uwah~ that's amazing. How did you know?" Minsoo admired with a surprised look. The man approached her with Minsoo following behind. 

"Well, in the building there's a Baekhyun I know, the only one present today actually. Then there's this lovely lady out here waiting with a puppy named, Bacon, who is supposedly named after her husband, so I have to be right," he said and the young boy looked up at him, amazed. Even Mina was amazed at how smart the elderly man was. 

He took a seat next to her and asked, "Miss, what is your name?"

"Eh? But I've already told you, it's Mina," Minsoo blinked and he smiled. 

"What's your full name?" he clarified and she answered, "It's Lee Mina."

He nodded and said, "Once again, I was right."

She blinked her eyes and furrowed her brows, wondering what he was talking about. 

"You look just like your father," he said with a soft smile. "Lee Yunwoo."

She gasped with wide eyes and felt her heart stop for a second at the name of her late father. She didn't know what to say or how to properly react to his statement. 

"I'm sorry, I spoke without thinking," he apologized after seeing Mina's expression. "After seeing you, memories started to play itself. My apologies, Mina."

She swallowed hard and shook her head, "It's okay."

He gave a faint smile and it went silent between the two as the summer breeze blew against them. Mina looked at the ground and couldn't help, but ask, "My father...what was he like at work?"

"Your father was a very close colleague of mine," the man said. "Smart and polite."

Mina felt her eyes burn at the memories of her father. 

"He always came to work early and made sure his task was done on time," he continued. "He was passionate about his job, so passionate that he barely slept or ate."

Mina remembered seeing her father come home exhausted, but he always smiled to assure her he was fine. 

"He also put others before him; he makes sure everyone else's well-being was good," he said and Mina nodded, agreeing with him. "Most importantly, he was a father who never stopped talking about his one and only child."

Mina felt a lump grow in and made sure her ears were wide open to listen. 

"He was always praising you Mina. Like how well you did on a test or even doing the simplest job of making him happy," he continued and smiled. "It made other fathers jealous because they weren't able to receive that much happiness and love like your father. He was able to pull through during the hardest time of his day because of you, you gave him that strength to keep going."

She swallowed hard and clenched her fist to keep herself from crying. 

"He loved you so much, that he couldn't stop smiling everytime he saw your photo sitting on his desk, Mina," he said and Mina felt a tear slip out. "Its unfortunate about what had happened. He was a great man."

"Yeah," she whispered. "He was...he was the greatest."

The elderly man sighed at the sight of her and patted her shoulder. 

"Mina, whatever you do or who you become, always remind yourself that your father is proud of you," he said and Mina clenched her teeth, holding in her cry. 

As Minsoo was watching and listening the whole entire time, he felt sad seeing Mina like that, so he got off his grandfather's lap and ran into the building. The man watched and decided to not go after the boy because he knew what Minsoo had in mind. 

Baekhyun was still with Sejong when she saw her fiance. She smiled brightly and called out to him, "Oppa!"

Baekhyun looked over his shoulder and saw a man with a little girl. The two smiled and walked over to them. 

"Oppa~! Minseo-ah~," she squealed at the sight of them and gave them a big hug. Baekhyun watched with a smile on his face thinking how nice it'd be to be that happy.

Sejong looked back to Baekhyun and waved him over so that she can introduce them. He approached them and bowed to her fiance. 

"Hello, my name is Byun Baekhyun," he introduced himself. 

"My name is Park Minsuk, Sejong's fiance. It's a pleasure to meet you," he smiled and they shook hands. Baekhyun then looked down to the girl and made an 'oh' face. 

"Aren't you the little girl from yesterday with pigtails?" he asked and she smiled with a nod, happy that he recognized her. "Where are the other kids from yesterday?"

"The two girls were my friends and they're home right now, I think," she said. "And my brother is outside with your wife!"

"Wife?" he questioned and she nodded. 

"You're wife is here too?" Sejong asked and Baekhyun shook his head. 

"I don't know anything about that," he said and looked down at Minsoo. "Are you sure you've got the right person?"

"I think she's right," Minsuk spoke. "Her name is Lee Mina, right?"

Baekhyun widened his eyes hearing her name come out of another man's lips. He should feel surprised, but he was more angry than he was shocked. 

"She's outside with Bacon and Minsoo," Minsuk continued and Baekhyun felt his heart race. He didn't think she'd actually come to see him once he texted her he was done with the conference. 

"That's great! I'd love to meet her!" Sejong beamed and just then they heard a boy shouting. He wasn't just shouting though, he was calling a name. 

"Baekhyun! Baekhyun! Baekhyun!" they heard and he blinked his eyes wondering if it was him this boy was looking for. 

"That sounds like Minsoo!" Minseo chimed and the couple exchanged looks. 

"Oh god, don't tell me-"

And at that time, they saw a little boy running around the lobby with his mouth cupped, still shouting, "Baekhyun!"

They ran after him and Minsuk picked him up, covering his mouth. Those watching continued to watch and they quickly got out of the building. 

Minsuk put him down and frowned, "What are you doing shouting and running around like that?"

"I needed to find Baekhyun," he said and Baekhyun pointed to himself. "Yes, you!"

"Why?" he asked and Minsoo pointed to where Mina and the grandfather was sitting. Baekhyun saw Mina crying with the man patting her back. He widened his eyes and ran up to her. 

"Mina!" he shouted and she looked up. 

"Baekhyun?" she thought and stood up to have him hug her. He embraced her tightly and looked at the man, not in an accusing manner though.

"We were remembering her father," he said with a soft voice and Baekhyun knew it was a sensitive topic for Mina. He her back to soothe her and she wrapped her arms around him, silently crying in his chest. She wasn't bawling, but she didn't want to show anyone else more of her tears. Not only that, but she felt a heavy weight lift from her chest. It wasn't just because she was hugging Baekhyun, but because she was able to properly remember and talked about her father. 

The Park family watched on and Sejong smiled. There was something about the scene that made her know she was right about the two...feelings were developing and so was trust. 

After a moment, Mina loosened the hug and it was a sign that she didn't need it anymore, so Baekhyun let her go and looked down at her, wiping away the remaining tears. She sniffed one last time and looked at the elderly man. 

"I'm sorry you had to see me like this," she said and bowed to him. He smiled and shook his head. 

"There's nothing to apologize for," he said. "Those tears show how dearly you miss your father and there's nothing wrong with that, Mina. It's good to remember your father."

She nodded and saw the rest of the family behind Baekhyun, also bowing to them in apologies. 

"You don't have to apologize to anyone," Baekhyun quietly said with a soft look. "You shouldn't feel embarrassed."

"But-"

"It's okay, they understand," he said and the twins ran up to her, giving her a hug at the legs. 

"Noona, are you feeling better now?" Minsoo asked and she nodded. "Was it because I got Baekhyun?"

She looked at him then to Baekhyun. He smiled and looked down to Minsoo, ruffling his hair. 

"Yeah, it's all thanks to you, buddy," he said and the boy smiled, relieved. 

"You're really lucky to have him," Minseo said looking up at Mina. 

"Yeah, you are," Sejong added and Mina turned her attention to this new face. Sejong smiled and bowed to her. "I know this isn't the time to properly introduce myself, but my name is Ahn Sejong."

Mina returned the bow and looked at Minsuk, realizing that she was his fiancee. 

"Baekhyun had talked about you," she said. "Good things of course."

"I'd hope so," Mina said and almost glared at Baekhyun, knowing he wouldn't necessarily say good things.  

"Don't worry most of the things I said were good," he teased and Mina was now glaring at him with a light elbow to the stomach. She would have hit him harder but she was in front of kids so she decided not to. 

From there, the family began their small talks, but they were being watched. 

"Why, you've even gotten close to those people," Mrs. Kim said as she was looking from a distance. "Enjoy this moment now while you still can Mina."

And with that, she turned around and walked away. 

The family, Baekhyun and Mina continued to talk for awhile until they felt like it was time to start heading back. 

"Since you two aren't leaving for another few days, let's hang out again before you do," Sejong said and Baekhyun smiled with a nod. 

"That'd be nice," he said and looked down at Mina. "Right?"

She looked up at him and hesitated, "Sure."

He smiled and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. 

"I'll give you a call to set up a date and time," he said and Sejong nodded. Mina said bye to the twins as they clung onto her and she looked at the elderly man. She managed to separate herself from them and approached him. 

"Thank for you for telling me things about my father," she said and bowed to him. He snickered and placed a hand on her head, gently ruffling her hair. 

"No problem," he softly said. "As his daughter, you should know these things."

She nodded and just as the two were giving their last words, Baekhyun was talking to Sejong a few feet away. 

"Mina seems like a good woman," she praised and Baekhyun gave a faint smile. 

"She's got a good side to her, but there's also the side you wouldn't want to see," he lightly snickered. Sejong giggled along with him and placed a hand on his shoulder. 

"Oppa, just keep doing what you're doing now," she said and he tilted his head, wondering what she meant. "All the efforts and time you've used on her won't go to waste, that I can see."

"You think so?" he asked and she nodded. 

"A girl wouldn't hug a person she hated or didn't feel safe with," she said and he realized that Mina has slowly become more open to him. He couldn't even go near her when they first met, but now was different. 

He looked over to Mina as she was talking to Minsuk and the grandfather. She then looked over to him and he felt his heart race, so he turned away and looked at Sejong. 

"Have more confidence, Baekhyun," she said, noticing his blushing face and patted his back. "Be patient. As some people say, 'good relationships take time, patience and two people who truly want to be together'. Her heart will surely find its way to you."

Baekhyun felt his heart lighten up and he felt encouraged by her words. He smiled and gave her a sudden hug just as Mina was watching the two. She felt a painful jab at her chest and turned away. 

"Thanks Sejong," he sincerely said. "I won't give up on her."

"I know you won't," she said and they let each other go. "Well, you two should head back and get some quality time alone together."

He nodded and walked over to Mina; she was now with the twins and Bacon. 

"You ready to go?" he asked and she ignored him by looking away. "Uh, I guess that's a yes?"

She let out a deep sigh and looked at the kids, not sure about what to say or how to look at Baekhyun without feeling mad. 

"Mina?" Baekhyun asked and she glared at him, taking him aback, then she walked away with Bacon. "W-what?"

He was flustered and Minseo giggled. 

"Looks like someone's angry," she said. "Maybe jealous?"

"Jealous? As if," Baekhyun scoffed and patted the twins head. "I gotta chase after her before she gets out of my sight. I'll see you two soon."

They smiled and nodded. He bid farewell to Minsuk and the grandfather before running after Mina. 

She wasn't sure where she was going, but she just didn't want to be around Baekhyun at the moment. She wasn't sure why though; their was mixed feelings within her that she just needed a breather. 

Baekhyun ran up to her and grabbed her arm, gently pulling her towards him. She looked up at him with a glare and he sighed. 

"Why are you angry?" he asked and she pulled his hand away from her. She wasn't sure why, so she couldn't properly answer him. 

"Sejong...have you met her before?" was all she could say and he raised an eyebrow. 

"Yeah, four years ago," he answered and she frowned. He snickered seeing her like that; it was something new. "Actually, she was the first woman I met."

"What do you mean?" she questioned and Baekhyun approached her with a smile. He leaned over and whispered into her ear, "She was supposed to be my wife."

Mina widened her eyes and felt her heart race in anger. Baekhyun was only teasing her, but he wasn't necessarily telling a lie either. 

"Why? Does that make you jealous?" he asked and glanced down at her. 

"Like hell it would," she said and pushed him away. "You should've married her instead."

He smirked and held her hand. 

"Like you said, why marry someone whom you don't even love," he said and she felt her heart race once again, but she wasn't angry this time. He moved in closer and placed his forhead against hers. "Besides, I'm happy to be marrying the woman in front of me."

Mina widened her eyes and unconsciously slapped his cheek. He backed away and placed a hand against his cheek. She was breathing heavily and frowned. 

"I told you that if you joke around with me like that again, you'd get hit," she said and he felt his chest tighten. 

"Mina, I-"

"Don't try to make any excuses," she cut him off and walked away. Baekhyun sighed and called out, "At least come back to the hotel with me. You don't know the way back."

She stopped in her track and realized she was in an unfamiliar city. She didn't want to go back with Baekhyun though because she didn't want him to see her red face. 

"I promise it'll be a quiet ride back. I won't talk to you," he said and that made it even worse for her because she was afraid he'd hear her heart beating as she can now. 

"Mina-"

"I'm coming, but let's turn on the music on our way back," she said over her shoulders and Baekhyun agreed. With her head hung low, she followed Baekhyun to the car his mother had left for him while Bacon trotted behind. 

On the ride back to the hotel, Baekhyun really wanted to talk to her, but he had to endure it. He could only glance at her here and there, hoping she'd at least talk to him first or something. Mina, too, could only glance at him here and there.