Chapter Two

Teach Me What Love Is

Mina's POV~

 

I slept in an empty hotel room next to the suite that was occupied by everyone else. My room was like a regular hotel room with a single bed and TV; not to mention the very thin walls. I woke up to the sound of laughter; someone was doing it out in the hallway, nothing new. I rolled in bed trying to cover my ears, but it wasn't much help. I got out of bed and stomped to the door to scream at them, but someone had already beat me to it. 

 

"Shut the hell up!" I heard an unfamiliar voice. I furrowed my eyebrows and opened my door ajar, peeking out to see the man who had "helped" me yesterday. 

 

"Dammit! You guys need to keep your self locked up in a room! This is a hallway for god's sake and there are people here! I didn't need this last night and I sure don't need it this morning!" he scolded them. I don't know why, but I felt a sense of delight when he shouted at them. Serves them right. 

 

The couple seemed to have left cause it got extremely quiet. I was curious, so I stepped out of my room and saw them descending down the hallway. The man looked different from last night; he was in a suit and tie with his hair neatly combed back. It made my face scrunch up in disgust, he looked better with bed hair. 

 

He turned his head and our eyes locked. It only lasted for a second before he turned away and started walking down the hallway. I watched him leave when he suddenly stopped and turned around to look at me. 

 

"I'm still waiting for a thank you," he said and I felt my eye twitch; annoyed. As if I could ever thank him for such a simple thing; I didn't even need him. 

 

When I gave no reaction, he said, "Well, I'll see you when you're ready, Lee Mina."

 

I widened my eyes and he gave me a sly grin before walking away. 

 

"H-how do you know...my name?" I could barely finish the question before he was out of sight. "Who the hell is he?"

 

I frowned at the fact that some stranger knew my name and I didn't even know his, but do I really want to know? I mean, everyone on this floor knows my name and I don't know there's at all, so it's something I'm used to. 

 

I finally let the thought go and entered my room to take my morning shower. After a few minutes, I finished my shower and got out to wrap myself in a towel. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and saw the bruise on my arm was disappearing. I ran my fingers across the light blue mark and let out a sigh. 

 

"I really do bruise too easily," I quietly said and looked away from myself in the mirror. A moment later, I went back to focusing on getting ready and pretending like I have a life.  

 

Just as I was putting my hair up into a ponytail, my phone started to vibrate on the bed. I leaned over to look at the caller ID and it was that woman; the woman I hate the most. I didn't want to pick it up, but I knew it was something "important" and she won't stop until I do pick up. More importantly, if I didn't pick up she would surely take my car and my credit card away. 

 

I put my hair into a messy ponytail and grabbed my phone, answering a flat, "Hello?"

 

"Took you long enough," she sighed with impatience. I could only roll my eyes and sat on the edge of the bed. 

 

"What do you need, Mrs. Kim?" I asked, emphasizing her new last name. 

 

"I want you to come join me for a party," she said, not excited to have me tag along. "Many of my acquaintances have been wanting to see you, so I thought I'd bring you this time."

 

"Glad to know others are thinking of me," I sarcastically said and she snorted. "Thank you for the invite, but I'm going to have to reject it."

 

"Oh how I wish it was that simple," she sighed with disappointment. "But I'm going to need you, dear."

 

"Mrs. Kim-"

 

"You will call me 'mom' at the party," she said, interrupting me. "We don't want anyone to know about our horrible relationship."

 

I was speechless. 

 

"Come to the house at six sharp," she continued. "The maids will help you dress up."

 

I clenched my jaw and muttered a quiet, "Yes ma'am."

 

She snickered in satisfaction and hung up without another word. I looked at my phone and cursed at it...well, more at her. I swung off the bed and put on my shoes before leaving the room, making my way down to the lobby. Once again, the staffs greeted me as I passed by. 

 

"Ah! Mina-ssi, I didn't know you were going out. I would've prepared your car," a staff at the front desk said once he caught sight of me. "Shall I-"

 

I lifted a hand up to stop him. I looked at him and said, "I'll get it myself. You guys don't need to pamper me all the time, it gets annoying."

 

"Ah...I see," he softly said and bowed to me, apologetic. I didn't bother to say anything else and continued to walk away. 

 

I walked down to the parking lot under the hotel and went straight to my car. Once I got to it, I saw a dent and a few stretches on it. I widened my eyes and felt my blood boil. 

 

"Who the hell did this?!" I shrieked and knelt down, touching it like it was my precious child. "This person is going to pay for it!"

 

I got up and stomped back into the hotel to the staff I was talking to earlier. 

 

"Oh, Mina-"

 

"I don't have time to chit chat," I growled and slammed my clutch on the desk. "Some jackass ruined my car! I want to see the security taping."

 

"B-but-"

 

"I want to see it! Now!" I demanded and he clumsily picked up the phone to call for security. Within seconds, two security guards ran up to me and I told them the situation. They led me to the room where all the monitors were and they took out the tape for the security camera that is directly pointed to my car. 

 

They had to rewind the tape and I crossed my arms, breathing heavily. 

 

"Ah, right there!" the slimmer security guard said, pointing to the screen and the bigger guard stopped rewinding the tape. I leaned forward at the screen and squinted my eyes to see a young man walking to his car, which was parked next to mine. He looked awfully familiar. This person opened his car door wider than he should have and it hit my car. I gasped and pointed at the figure. 

 

"This person is going to die in my hands," I said and the security guards exchanged looks, swallowing hard.

 

The tape continued to play and the person didn't seem to car at all that he ruined my car. He got in and drove off like it was nothing. I was furious!

 

"Play the tape again and zoom in on his face. I wanna see how he looks like so that I can trash his face," I demanded and they did as they were told. Once they paused at an angle that showed his face clearly, they zoomed in and I couldn't believe my eyes. I scoffed at that face and smirked. 

 

"This pretty boy is seriously asking for it," I said and straightened myself. "First he acts all high and mighty asking for a 'thank you', then he scratches my car. I should be getting an apology."

 

I was obviously talking to myself at this point and shifted the angle to his license plate. I wrote it down on a nearby notepad and handed it over to the security guards. 

 

"Find out where this person is. I would like to talk to him," I said and they exchanged looks. 

 

"But we can't do that. It's against the law," the bigger guard hesitated and I glared at him. 

 

"You will do as I say," I gritted and reached into my clutch, pulling out a big amount of cash. "This should be enough, right?"

 

"Yes!" they beamed and took the cash and piece of paper. 

 

"We'll get back to you in an hour," the slim guard grinned. 

 

"Make it fifteen," I smirked and they nodded. 

 

I waited in the lobby and continuously stared at my wrist watch. It's already been past fifteen minutes and these guys still haven't reported back to me. I was beginning to lose my patience when the slim security guard came up to me. 

 

"I apologize for the wait," he bowed and I gestured for him to just get to the point. He reached in his pants pocket and handed me a piece of paper with an address on it.

 

"He appears to be at this location," he said and I smirked, snatching the piece of paper from his hand. 

 

"Good work," I said and got up from my seat, walking away. I returned to my car and looked at the dent and scratches on it. My heart clenched for it; my poor baby. 

 

After a moment, I got in and drove off to the address I received. It wasn't too far from the hotel, but it wasn't a good walking distance either. 

 

I arrived shortly after and parked on the streets in front of a huge building. I sat in my car just staring at the building. 

 

"Pretty boy must be wealthy too," I scoffed out the words and finally got out. 

 

I entered the building and went straight to the receptionist. She gave me a warm smile and stood up to bow. 

 

"Good afternoon miss, how may I help you?" she asked in a soft, sweet voice. 

 

"I'm looking for a jerk," I said with a calm demeanor. She looked at me confused and asked, "And who may this person be?"

 

"I don't know, that's why you're going to help me," I said and set my clutch on the desk. She was flustered and hesitant. 

 

"He's a pretty boy; he's wearing a tie and suit. His hair is neatly combed back and he's about this tall," I said using my arms as a measuring tool; our height weren't that big of a difference. 

 

She raised an eyebrow and slowly reached for the phone. I watched her every move and she dialed a number. 

 

"I'm going to need security," she said and I felt something snap in me. 

 

You've got to be ting me, was what I thought. 

 

She continued to speak into the phone then hung up before looking at me. 

 

"Please leave before security comes," she said with that annoying soft, sweet voice of hers. I gave her a hard stare and clenched my jaw. 

 

"I'm not leaving until I talk with this bastard who trashed my car," I growled and she swallowed hard. Her eyes shifted and she widened her eyes with forming a perfect "O". 

 

"Baekhyun-ssi," she gasped and bowed to the person behind me. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned around with my nose literally hitting this person's chest. I blinked, startled, and looked up to lock eyes with the person I wanted to see the most. 

 

"Why, don't you just love causing trouble," he said sarcastically with a forced smile. My body was burning with anger and I crossed my arms. 

 

"And you just love getting on my nerves," I said through clenched teeth and he snickered. "I want an apology."

 

"Is that so?" he asked, also crossing his arms with his hips popped out. I nodded and he let out a sigh. "Well, sweetie, receiving an apology is just as hard as receiving a thank you."

 

I furrowed my brows and felt my pulse race; he seriously gets on my nerves. He gave a mischievous grin and leaned down towards me. 

 

"Why don't we talk in private about this matter?" he whispered with his hot breath hitting against my cheek. My eyes widened slightly and I pushed him away from me, slapping him across the face. I had no intention to slap him, but did I regret it? Of course not. Did I care if people were staring? Hell no. 

 

He raised his hand up to touch his cheek and he scoffed in disbelief. I was now breathing heavily to calm myself down and he looked at me. The expression he was giving me...I didn't like it one bit. I instinctively stepped back when my back hit the desk behind me. 

 

"B-Baekhyun-ssi, shall I call for security?" the receptionist, who had witnessed everything, asked with concern. This "Baekhyun" smirked and shook his head. 

 

"Miss Bae, cancel my appointments for today. I've got another affair to attend," he said with a low, husky voice and I gulped. His eyes never left mine and he grabbed hold of my wrist, pulling me towards him until I fell against his chest. He wrapped his arms around me to make sure I wouldn't have any space to break free. 

 

"I'll make sure to get the thanks and apology I deserve today, Mina-ssi," he whispered in my ear and I didn't have enough time to react. He pulled me away and once we reached his destination, he threw me into the room and shut the door making sure to lock it. I caught a quick glimpse of my new environment and it was an office with a couch and small TV in the corner. 

 

"So, how do you want me to get those words out of you?" he asked and I turned my attention to him. He was already loosening his tie and ing the top two buttons of his shirt. Before I could even respond, he grabbed my hand and dragged me to the couch soon pushing me down. 

 

I was now sitting on the couch and he leaned forward, trapping me in between his arms. My heart raced at this situation and my body wouldn't move. He the bottom of his lips and the corners curled up into a smile. 

 

"C'mon, thank me for saving you and apologize for slapping me," he said, leaning his face toward mine. I didn't know what to do; I didn't. 

 

My hands pressed against his chest to push him away, but he wouldn't budge. He only got closer to the point where I could feel his hot breath. Without realizing it, I shut my eyes tight and turned my face away to avoid any physical contact. 

 

Oddly enough, nothing had happened. My hands were still on his chest; my eyes were still shut tight and his breath was still hitting against my cheeks. 

 

"I'm sorry," he softly said and I felt my heart stop for a second. My eyes shot open and I turned my head to have his lips brush against the tip of my nose; he was seriously too close for my comfort. He was smiling down at me, it was sweet and innocent. His eyes were full of warmth and sincerity, something I haven't seen since my father died. 

 

"I'll pay for the damage," he continued, but he didn't pull away. "Whatever the amount, I'll pay it as long as it makes you satisfied."

 

I was at a loss for words. I stared at him hoping he was joking and just trying to play the good guy, but I saw no lies in his expression. 

 

"If you want, I can call my lawyer to come meet up with you and talk about it. If not, then you can just tell me the amount right now and I'll write you a check," he said, not leaving my gaze. 

 

"I-I'll go to the auto shop and see what the cost is for the repair, then I'll send you the bill," I said and he nodded, finally pulling away. He buttoned up his shirt and fixed his tie. 

 

"Then it's settled," he said and gave me one last smile before leaving me alone in the office. I exhaled as if I had been holding in my breath and scoffed. 

 

"What the hell just happened?" I whispered to myself and looked at the door, still in shock. "Seriously, just who are you?"

 

Baekhyun's POV~

 

I couldn't get her expressions out of my head as I walked down the hallway. There were so many different faces she made in such a short time that I snickered to myself. 

 

"Ah! Baekhyun-ah, there you are!" I heard Secretary Moon call out ahead of me. I looked at his direction and he ran up to me, panting. 

 

"I'm guessing you just came back from a run?" I raised a brow and he gave me a serious look. 

 

"That's not funny," he said and cleared his throat. "I've been looking all over for you. Miss Bae said you took off with a girl."

 

"If I did then wouldn't she be with me right now?" I questioned and walked passed him. He followed behind and was now walking beside me. 

 

"That's true, but that's not the reason I was searching for you," he said as we got to the elevators. I pressed the "up" button and waited. 

 

"So then why did you search for me?" I asked once the elevator arrived and opened for entrance. 

 

"Your father wants to speak with you," he said as we entered the elevator. 

 

"Does he now?" I asked and fixed my suit just as the elevator reached the top floor where my father's office is. We reached the door and Secretary Moon gave me one last bow before I barged into my father's room.

 

In front of me was a wealthy man, who had "silver" hair and a well groomed mustache. He was thin, but muscular and healthy. He was in a full suit and had on a pair of glasses that complimented his handsome face. He was gracefully looking over the papers in front of him and sipped his tea with elegance. This man is my father. 

 

"Baekhyun-ah," his baritone voice resonated through the room. He didn't even look up from his work. "Haven't I told you numerous times that you shouldn't barge in like that?"

 

"But it's just you," I said, innocently. I swear I heard something snap, like a pen or something. I saw the corner of his lip twitch and I could easily tell he was offended. 

 

He set his paperwork aside and removed his glasses revealing his beautiful hazel eyes. Why couldn't I be blessed with that trait of his?

 

I moved across the room towards him and took a seat. He and I leaned back in our seat at the same time and crossed our arms in sync. 

 

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked. 

 

"Your mother and I found you another woman," he said and I made a face of disbelief. My parents just don't know how to stop.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/ad9208210bc49f6e7d13aaed2efa3480/tumblr_inline_nxvtt845f11rrtejy_500.gif