Chapter Fourty-One

Teach Me What Love Is

3rd Person POV~

 

Mrs. Kim sat in her office as she looked over her financial reports in one hand and a cup of tea in the other. She didn’t like what she was seeing. Her numbers were going down. 

“If only I can get my hands on Baekhyun’s project, the numbers would rise up tremendously,” she muttered and set her cup down on her desk. “I haven’t heard much about him lately; they’re doing quite good at keeping quite.”

Just then, there was a knock on the door and a woman spoke, “Mrs. Kim, you have a guest.”

“Guest?” she questioned. “‘I have no appointments today.”

It was silent before her guest spoke behind the door. 

“It’s me, Woohyun,” a man spoke and Mrs. Kim perked up with a grin. 

“Let him in,” she demanded and so the doors opened and appeared a built man, who had a smaller man besides me. Woohyun entered as the other was hesitant. 

“Get in there,” he said and pushed the man into the room as he fell on his knees. Anyone could tell this man had no connection to Mrs. Kim or Woohyun. He was a stranger that they needed. 

The doors closed behind him and Mrs. Kim got up from her seat making her way towards the man kneeled before her. 

“You’re Joohyun, aren’t you?” she smirked and he furrowed his brows with a gulp. She had quite a powerful aura that many would be scared of. “Are you going to remain silent?”

“Ah, I’m sorry,” he cleared his throat and lowered his head. “I am Joohyun.”

Mrs. Kim smiled and bent over to lift up his chin so he could look at her. 

“You’re familiar with my daughter, Mina,” she said and he widened his eyes. He hadn’t heard that name in ages. “You two were close, weren’t you? Back at the hotel?”

“H-how did you know?” he asked and she laughed. How amusing this was to her, it was funny. 

“I have eyes everywhere, child. No secret can be hidden from me, especially when it involves that little witch,” she said and let go of his face. “It took some time to find you, but I’m glad we did because I need you.”

Joohyun didn’t like where this was going and he wanted to escape, but he knew if he did, it’d be the end of him. 

“I’m sorry, but whatever it is you need from me, I can’t give you,” he said and tried to stand up when Woohyun kicked him back down to the floor. He winced in pain and looked up at Mrs. Kim, who continued to grin. 

“It’s quite simple,” she said and crossed her arms. “But if your night club in Hongdae meant something to you, you shouldn’t refuse me. After all, I can make you homeless within a day.”

Joohyun clenched his jaw and glared at the woman. 

“What is it that you want?” he asked, giving in. She grinned even wider and laughed. This was too easy for her!

“I’ll tell you,” she said and went on to tell him her plan. 

 

*****

 

Baekhyun was in his office reviewing the reports of his project in Japan. He nodded in satisfaction and handed it to Secretary Moon. 

“Send this over to the finance department in Japan and have them review it. Tell them we’ll have a video conference in two weeks time,” he said and Secretary Moon bowed before leaving his office. He sighed and leaned into his chair with a sigh. It had been a long day for him and he was missing Mina a little more today as he wasn’t able to see her this morning. She was already gone to hang out with Seolhyun and his mother. Apparently, there was an event happening and his mother thought it’d be educational for the two ladies to join her. 

Baekhyun loosened his tie and looked at the time on his phone. But, he wasn’t really looking at the time. He was hoping there would be a text, voicemail, or even a missed call from Mina, but he was left disappointed. He picked up his phone and decided he might as well try to reach her first, but there was a knock at his door. 

“Yes?” he called out and Secretary Moon spoke from behind the door. 

“You’re father is here to meet you,” he said and Baekhyun facepalmed himself. He had forgotten about his meeting with his father. 

“Let him in,” he said and the door opened for Mr. Byun. “Have Miss Bae bring in some refreshments.”

Secretary Moon nodded and bowed before closing the door. My. Byun took a seat in front of Baekhyun as he looked around the office, making sure it was neat and organized. 

“It’s been awhile since I’ve been in here,” his father beamed. “I’m glad you kept it tidy.”

Baekhyun chuckled, “I have to look professional, don’t I? Besides, I can’t destroy my father’s office, I have high respect for this place.”

Mr. Byun smiled and refreshments were brought in along with some snacks. When it was just the two of them, Mr. Byun let out a sigh and said, “Unfortunately, this isn’t the time to chit-chat happily.”

Baekhyun knew of that and he nodded with a serious face. He pulled out a pile of documents from his desk drawer that he had locked away and handed them to his father. 

“I had Secretary Moon investigate our former investors and partners,” Baekhyun started off and clasped his hands together. “Looks like Mrs. Kim influenced them to withdraw from us. I don’t know how to did it, but she’s pretty good with words, so I’m not surprised either.”

Mr. Byun looked over the documents with a frown. 

“But why would she do this? We’re not at the top of this industry,” he said and flipped to the next paper. “She’s got plenty of successful businesses and lots of money. Why would she feel the need to come after us? We’re hardly a threat to her.”

Baekhyun furrowed his brows and thought hard. He didn’t know why they were targeted, but if everything added correctly in his mind, he have a good guess as to why. 

“It’s my project in Japan that she’s after,” he said and Mr. Byun looked up at him, confused. 

“But why? It hasn’t even completed yet,” he said and Baekhyun shook his head. 

“Whether it’s completed or not, she still wants it. It’s all about the money and we both know how much we’d receive once it’s finished,” he said and tapped his fingers on his desk. “Our problems with funding were all because of her. Luckily, she doesn’t have any connection outside of Korea, so with our supporters in Japan, she won’t be able to persuade them easily.”

Mr. Byun nodded as he took every single word into consideration, then wondered and asked, “She’s been awfully quiet though. What do you think she’s planning right now?”

That’s the thing Baekhyun was afraid of...he didn’t know himself. There were no more leads after that. 

“Secretary Moon is still investigating, but I am worried, Abeoji,” he said with a long sigh. “I don’t want all my hard work to go to waste and have it taken from me, especially by her. She may be Mina’s mother, but I have no respect towards her.”

Mr. Byun agreed, then swallowed hard as he felt this was probably the best time to let Baekhyun know of the secret he had been keeping in regards to Mina. He set the documents down on Baekhyun’s desk and looked straight into his eyes. 

“None of this is to be spoken of,” he said and Baekhyun nodded, oblivious to what his father really meant, but he continued, “Especially Mina.”

“Yes, I know-“

“No, Baekhyun. Right now it’s not about us and our situation,” he said and Baekhyun raised an eyebrow, confused, yet curious. “Mina...she’s the one who should have taken over after her father’s death. She was put under his will, not Mrs. Kim.”

Baekhyun widened his eyes at the sudden news and stood up abruptly from his chair. 

“What?!”

 

Mina’s POV~

 

I was at a leadership event for women with Mrs. Byun and Seolhyun. Seolhyun and I walked around sampling every bit of food that caught our eyes.

“I can’t believe my mom dragged us here,” Seolhyun poured as she nibbled her little tuna sandwich. “I don’t think leadership is really us.”

“I’d have to agree with you on,” I chimed as i sipped my mimosa. “As grateful as I am to have your mother invite me, I have to admit, the seminar was really long and boring too.”

Seolhyun nodded in agreement and we both chatted away. 

Just then, I started to feel a cold sweat and a bit uncomfortable. This feeling was coming from behind my back and I turned around to see the last person I wanted to see; Mrs. Kim.

I gasped with wide eyes and Seolhyun seemed to have noticed. 

“Unnie, what’s wro-“ she stopped after seeing Mrs. Kim and she, too, froze. 

Mrs. Kim smirked upon seeing us and made her way towards us. I had hoped she would ignore us and wander off, but my pulse raced now that my mother was only a few steps away. 

“My, my, my~ what a coincidence to see you two lovely ladies here,” she faked a sweet smile as she stood before us. “Not once did I ever think I’d ever see you two at an event like this. The two of you aren’t quite so...sophisticated enough to learn such things.”

I swallowed hard then frowned and spoke, “If this is all you have to say, then please excuse us, we have matters to tend to.”

“You?” Mrs. Kim scoffed. She leaned towards me and whispered, “Don’t act all high and mighty with me. The only matters you’ll be tending to are the ones back to at the hotel; the boys have been missing you awfully a lot. Don’t you think it’s time to drop the act and return to where you belong?”

My heart raced in anger and in fear. What if Mrs. Kim revealed everything to Seolhyun, or worse, Mrs. Byun? Baekhyun knowing my past was enough. 

“I don’t think you have any right to say such things,” I retorted through clenched teeth. “A old, like you should be running out on the streets looking more men to . I’m sure the businessmen are waiting for you to wrap you legs around them.”

Mrs. Kim looked like her blood boiled at the words and she glared at me. You could tell you’ve hit a nerve when her veins at the neck popped out. 

“Don’t let your husband catch you, or else everything you’ve worked so hard for will all go to waste,” I snickered and Mrs. Kim pulled away with wide eyes.

“You-“

“Gee, Mother, you don’t look so well right now. Not really...sophisticated,” I emphasized the word with a smile and walked off, holding onto Seolhyun’s wrist to drag her away too before she gets involved. I glanced behind me as Mrs. Kim glared into a space of nothing before turning her body to face us. I didn’t know what was going on in her head, but I knew it wasn’t something good. 

I turned away and we headed to a more secluded area. I looked around to make sure my mother wasn’t watching close by, but i could tell she was long gone. I sighed in relief when I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Seolhyun and she gave a warm smile. 

“Do you want to go to a cafe? It’s a little boring here and I think a warm drink would be best for you right now,” she sweetly said as she had just witnessed everything. I nodded and Seolhyun informed her mother, politely, before we set off to a nearby cafe down the block. Seolhyun had gone to take our order while I waited at a table near the window, staring outside at the snow covered streets. 

I was still feeling anxious and really wished Baekhyun was with me. I always felt better with him, although Seolhyun wasn’t bad herself. I just missed him a little more today. 

“Alright, I’ve got our drinks,” Seolhyun beamed and set the tray of warm drinks down on the table. She handed me my drink and set hers in front of her as she sat down. “So...do you want to talk?”

I looked at her, question her with my eyes. Seolhyun sighed with a smile and said, “You obviously have something on your mind. It must be your encounter with your mother, right?”

She hit the mark, but did I want to tell her about it?

“I won’t force you or anything, but sometimes it’s best to speak what’s on your mind,” she said and sipped her coffee. “I also want to be able to help you in any way that I can. I don’t want you to feel like you can’t talk to me.”

Hearing that made me happy. She and I have never really had heart-to-heart talks. The times that we’ve hung out was when she was free from studying and we’d go shopping and gossip about the latest celebrity news. We never had any other kinds of talks. But, I also didn’t know how to have these talks as I’ve never had close female friends. On top of that, a sister. 

“Unnie, does your mother always treat you like that?” she asked and I lowered my gaze with a faint smile. 

“I thought you’d say you wouldn’t force me to talk,” I lightly snickered and she let out a big sigh. 

“I know! But what she did back there was just so rude! I mean how could she?!” she started to rant and seeing her like that made me laugh. She really was adorable. “I didn’t mean to eavesdrop, but I was literally right there! Not sophisticated enough? Just who does she think she is? And to speak to her own daughter like that! Argh, it makes me so angry that she humiliated you like that!”

I wiped my tears away from laughing and told her to calm down. “I’m happy your angry for me, but please calm down.”

“But-“

“Seolhyun,” I laughed out her name and she pouted. I calmed myself down and let out a sigh, then stared out the window with a forced smile. “She’s always been like that, even when I was a child.”

Memories of her flooded my mind. I don’t think I could even remember a time where she was ever good to me. 

“I don’t know when it happened or why, but...she never really cared for me,” I softly said as I watched people walk past the cafe. “It’s almost as if I was born a threat to her.”

I glanced at Seolhyun, who was listening with a sad face. I turned back to look out the window and continued, “I’d have to admit, growing up, I loved her like she was really my mother. Even though she paid little attention to me, I still wanted her attention and love. I’d make her little handmade crafts or bake sweets for her, but she’d throw it to the side or she’d look at it in disgust.”

I sadly smiled at the memories. 

“I tried really hard to make her like me, but then...,” I stopped at the memories of catching her cheating. “...then, she became a total stranger to me.”

I swallowed hard and closed my eyes to forget the memories. I remembered it so vividly as if it was just yesterday. Everything about her, I remembered. 

‘Umma, I brought you flowers today! Aren’t they pretty?’

I was glared at. 

‘Umma! Try this cake that I made with appa!’

She spat it out as soon as it entered . 

‘Umma! I scraped my knees; it hurts.’

She walked away without a word. 

‘Umma...who is that?’

She slammed the door in front of me. 

Not once did she ever love me, I knew that very well. But, I was only a child, what better did I know of my mother’s false love. 

‘Everything’s okay, Princess. You still have me, don’t you?’

It was as if a voice had spoken to me and I inhaled, then slowly exhaled. I opened my eyes and faintly smiled. That’s right, although I didn’t have my mother, I always had my father. 

‘Should we find a pretty vase for your pretty flowers? How about I display them in my office? I think they’ll look best there since it’s from my daughter!’

‘Let’s bake a cake just for the two of us. I love eating them and spending time with you.’

‘Oh no, did you get hurt? Come. Let appa hug you. It’ll be okay, Princess.’

Really...how long has it been since I’ve heard his calming voice? 

I sighed and looked up at Seolhyun to apologize for ruining the mood, but her eyes had tears in them. I looked at her, shocked. 

“S-Seolhyun-ah,” I said her name and she didn’t seem to realize she was on the verge of crying til now. She quickly turned away as a few tears slipped out. 

“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry. I don’t know what overcame me,” she said and wiped her tears. I felt sorry towards her. She was crying because of me. “It’s just...that’s so sad and cruel. You must have been such a lovely daughter and yet...I’m so sorry you went through that, unnie.”

No. She wasn’t crying because of me. She was crying for me. As heavy as my heart was, I couldn’t help, but feel a little better to see her cry. Was this a part of sisterhood? Empathizing with one another? No. This was another form of love. 

“Don’t cry, Seolhyun,” I said with a genuine smile. “It’s all in the past. I’m fine now because I have people who love me; people who have filled the emptiness I felt during those times. And you’re one of those people, so thank you.”

Seolhyun smiled and stood up, walking over to me to give me a hug as I hugged her back. 

“Unnie, I love you as if you were really my sister,” she said and I felt my eyes tear up too. “No. You are my sister!”

I chuckled and we continued our talk. Of course, I didn’t tell her everything, but by the time we finished, our drinks were cold and untouched. 

 

Baekhyun’s POV~

 

I don’t know how time went by so fast, but before I knew it, Christmas was already around the corner. But, it was a little more special this year since it would be my first Christmas with Mina. Just the thought of it excited me!

Unfortunately, I had to work overtime due to a late meeting with my partners in Japan, so I couldn’t really browse the mall and shop for a gift. But, what would she want anyways? It’s my first time buying a gift for a woman that isn’t my mother or sister. 

I tapped my pen on my desk as I could hardly pay attention in the meeting. 

“Baekhyun-ssi,” I heard Secretary Moon whisper. I glanced at him and he raised an eyebrow. “Everything alright? You seem a little distracted.”

I cleared my throat and straightened my posture. 

“Yes, everything’s fine,” I whispered back and paid attention the rest of the evening. 

Once the meeting was over, Secretary Moon and I walked back to my office, then I asked him, “What did you get your wife for Christmas this year?”

We stopped in front of my office door and he tilted his head in question. 

“I got her a new handbag and a pair of shoes she has been wanting for the past few months,” he answered. “Why do you ask?”

I sighed and thought of what to get Mina and replied, “I’m just stumped on what to get Mina. It’d be our first Christmas together and the first time I’m giving a woman a gift. Well, I mean, aside from my mother and sister. But, I just don’t know what to do.”

Secretary Moon chuckled and shrugged, “I wouldn’t know myself as I haven’t had much interactions with her. Don’t you know what she likes?”

I furrowed my brows and thought of the things she likes, but there really wasn’t much. She doesn’t wear jewelry, her fashion sense is simple, nothing fancy; she doesn’t care too much about skin care either. She’s so simple, yet so difficult to shop for.

“She wouldn’t like the things I get her, she doesn’t care for much,” I said and scratched my head in frustration. I could tell Secretary Moon was trying to help and he tapped his chin. 

“I don’t think you’re entirely wrong about her not liking what you give her,” he said and I raised an eyebrow. He smiled, “I think she’ll appreciate any gift you give her. It is her first Christmas with you after all; it may actually be her first Christmas with anyone and I think just celebrating it together makes her happy enough.”

“So, you’re saying I don’t need to get her anything?” I asked and he chuckled with a head shake. 

“I’m not saying that,” he said and placed a hand on my shoulder. “I’m just saying, she’ll appreciate whatever you get her because it’ll mean something special to her, even if it wasn’t anything fancy or expensive. She’s not as hot headed as you make her out to be, you should know that better than anyone else.”

I lowered my gaze and he wasn’t wrong. Her first Christmas with someone would mean the whole world to her. She wouldn’t have to be alone anymore. I know gifts would mean nothing to her if she had at least someone to spend the holidays with, so I shouldn’t overthink this. But, I still want to get her something meaningful and there has been a “gift” on my mind for months now. 

I looked up at Secretary Moon and smiled, “Thanks, hyung. I gotta get going, I’ll see you in the morning.”

He nodded and I went into my office to drop off the meeting materials and called it a day from work. 

The gift I had in mind may not be something she wants and it might even be a little too much for her, but I really want to give it to her. 

 

Mina’s POV~

 

I joined the Byun’s for lunch while Baekhyun was working. I sat next to Seolhyun and we began to eat. 

“Appa, will we be going to the ski resort again this year?” Seolhyun asked and I looked at her, curious. Is this how rich people spend the holiday? 

“Your mother and I won’t be going this year due to my health, but we can make reservations for you guys,” Mr. Byun answered with a loving smile, then he turned to me. “What do you think about spending Christmas at a ski resort?”

I slightly widened my eyes, taken aback. I had never been to a ski resort and on top of that, spent Christmas with anyone. I don’t remember the last time I spend the holiday with a person.

“Oh, uhm,” I began to say. “Well, I don’t know how to ski.”

The Byun’s looked at each other, then laughed. 

“Honey, you don’t need to know how to ski. We go there to spend time with each other and to get away from the city,” Mrs. Byun sweetly smiled. “It’s okay if you don’t know.”

My face grew hot in embarrassment and I sipped my water. 

“I think it’d be a good experience for you to go and have fun,” Mr. Byun chuckled and Seolhyun chimed in. “Yeah! It’ll be so much fun unnie! I don’t ski either, but I go for the outdoor hot springs! It’s absolutely beautiful at night!”

I looked at her as she was beaming and pleading with her eyes. 

“I would have to talk to Baekhyun,” I quietly said and they shook their heads. 

“He doesn’t have to make the decision,” Mr. Byun said. “If you want to go, he’ll have no choice but to follow.”

The rest nodded and I pressed my lips tightly together to think. Maybe it would be a good experience for me. I haven’t been out of Seoul for years and I’ve never been to a hot spring. I continued to ponder and made my decision. 

“I’d like to go to the ski resort and see what the hype is all about,” I smiled and they smiled along with me. Seolhyun hooked onto my arm and said, “You’re going to have so much fun!”

*****

Later that evening, I met up with Junior at his family restaurant. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen him and his family, so I thought I’d drop by. 

I walked through the doors and Mrs. Park made eye contact with me, then warmly smiled. 

“My, it’s been a while, Mina,” she sweetly said and approached me with a hug. I wrapped my arms around her back and said, “I’m sorry I’m only seeing you all now.”

“Oh no, you must be busy, especially with the holiday approaching,” she said and we released one another. I smiled at her and Junior walked out from the kitchen doors. 

“Oh~! Mina!” he shouted with excitement and came up to me. “I didn’t think you were going to be here this early! I thought you had just left your in-law’s house.”

I giggled and nudged his arm, “They’re not my in-laws.”

“Not yet at least,” he chuckled and he led me to a corner seat. His mother set some drinks on the table and snacks for us to enjoy. I didn’t hesitate to reach for the snacks to munch on. 

“So, how have you been?” he asked as he took a sip of his drink. 

“I’ve been really good,” I answered with the snack crunching in my mouth. “But, not much has really changed for me. I’m still me.”

He looked at me with a grin and a raised eyebrow. It was like he didn’t believe me. 

“I don’t think you’re still you,” he said and I furrowed my brows, wondering where this was going to go. “You’ve changed a lot since the last time I saw you and it’s only been a few weeks.”

“Really?” I questioned and reached for some more snacks. “How so?”

He hummed and tapped his chin, narrowing his eyes as if he was searching for the answer, then he leaned a little over the table to get a better look at me. 

“You seem to be happier,” he smiled and I stopped munching for a second to stare at him. He chuckled and leaned back into his seat. “You look like a different person compared to the first time I met you. If I were to put this in a nice way, you looked a little...dull, when we first met. But seeing you now, there’s color. You look brighter and your eyes sparkle more. Almost like a woman who’s found happiness.”

I thought of his words for a moment and couldn’t disagree with him. Even I could feel it myself...I am happy. I smiled at the words and he continued, “It must be Baekhyun, huh?”

I widened my eyes to look at him and he snickered. Again, he wasn’t wrong. 

“Yah, do you really think I’d give him credit for my change?” I scoffed. 

“Then why are you blushing?” he grinned and I avoided his teasing eyes as I felt my face flush. “It’s not that hard to admit. Besides, you could agree with me that he’s kind of amazing.”

“Oh~ so you’ve fallen for him,” I teased and he scoffed, “And what if I have? What are you going to do about it?”

I shrugged, “You can take him then.”

He shook his head with a light laugh as I laughed too. We continued to catch up on our lives, even when the restaurant was closed. His parents allowed us to stay out for as long as we needed.

I looked at the time on my phone and thought, Baekhyun must be home by now as he has been work late lately. I did let him know beforehand that I was with Junior, but would he worry? I didn’t want to leave just yet either as I was talking to Junior about my holiday plan; I wanted him to join us on the trip. But, I thought I might as well give Baekhyun a call to let him know I’m still doing okay with my friend. 

“Hey, I’m going to give Baekhyun a quick call, excuse me,” I said and he nodded, so I got up and headed to the front of the restaurant to call him. 

“Hello?” he answered and just hearing his voice gave me butterflies. 

“Hey, are you home?” I asked as I could hear him walking. 

“Not yet, I’m just getting into the building. Is there something wrong?” he asked, concerned. I smiled a little. 

“No, there’s nothing wrong,” I answered. “I was just wondering if you got home safely or not.”

“Awwh~ is my love worried about me?” he teased and I snorted. “Well, have you eaten yet? I bought some ramen on the way home.”

“Ah, about that,” I said and leaned against the wall. “I’ve already had dinner and I’m still with Junior.”

There was a pause. 

“Why are you with another man this late at night?” he asked, but it wasn’t like he was angry. More like sulking. 

I giggled and replied, “I kind of lost track of time because I hadn’t seen him for a long time. Are you jealous that I’m out with him?”

“Yes,” he immediately said and I laughed. “Should I come pick you up when your done?”

I don’t know why, but that question made me blush. 

“Sure, my personal chauffeur can come get me in another hour,” I said and he chuckled. “Oh! And before I forget, for the holiday-“

“I heard,” he said, almost a little disappointed. “My father told me about the ski trip....”

“Oh, did you not want to go?” I asked. He was clearly upset. 

“No, of course I’ll go if that’s what you want,” he said. “But, truthfully, I just wanted the two of us to spend our first holiday together...alone.”

That made me blush. 

“But, I think it’ll be fun. I just want to see you happy and I think I’ll be able to see more of that on the trip than at home,” he chuckled and I continued to smile. “So don’t worry too much about it. I may be a little disappointed, but it’ll be worth it.”

“You sure?” I asked. 

“Heh, yes,” he replied. “Besides, there’s a private hot springs that we could use for the night. How hot would that be! You, me, alone -“

“Yah!” I quietly shouted as if anyone else was hearing our conversation. How mischievous he is! He laughed as I did too. 

“I can’t wait for the trip,” he said, toning down his laugh. “I want to make as many memories as possible.”

I smiled, shyly, and responded, “Me too.”

There was a moment of silence, then he spoke. 

“Then I’ll come pick you up in about an hour?” he asked. 

“Ah, yes. I should be done by then,” I said. 

“Alright, I’ll see you then. I love you,” he said and we hung up after I said “bye”. I couldn’t stop smiling to myself. It was a short conversation, but I felt like it could’ve gone on for hours. I really do love him...yet, it’s still so hard to say it him. 

I’ve only said those three words once and luckily, he didn’t hear it when I said it. I wondered, when would be the next time I say those words? Would he be awake to hear it the next time?

I sighed and shook off the thought to return to Junior’s side. He saw me and gave a big grin. 

“You two must have had a good talk,” he snickered and he pointed to his cheek. “You’re all red.”

“Yah, stop it,” I said and covered my cheeks with my hands, then sat down. “So, about the trip. I’ll ask Mr. Byun to see if I can have you join us. I think it’s be fun!”

“I wouldn’t want to be a burden though,” Junior softly said. 

“You’re not a burden,” I assured and smiled. “You’re my friend...I’m sure they’d understand and allow you to come. They’re not mean.”

He smiled and leaned back in his chair with a sigh. 

“I’ll make my decision once I hear their answer,” he said and I pouted. “Since it’s the Holiday weekend, I should get a gift.”

Gift? Ah, that’s right...when was the last time I received a gift? 

“Did you already buy a gift for Baekhyun?” the question was asked and I widened my eyes and felt the time stop. 

Crap!! I didn’t get him a gift!!