Chapter Seven

Teach Me What Love Is

Mina's POV~

I was back at my hotel room, angry about the whole situation and at myself; not being able to even speak up. How on earth am I supposed to marry him? And why did it have to be him? No. Why did it have to be me?!

I ran my fingers through my hair and felt like ripping them out. I just couldn't accept this reality. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever. 

I wondered what his thoughts were about this news. Whatever reaction he had, I knew I didn't like it. 

"Damn, I'm so ing pissed," I said and rolled around in my bed, annoyed. I stopped and laid on my stomach, burying my face into my pillow. 

"Maybe I should just suffocate myself to death," I muffled against the pillow, but of course I lifted my face up, gasping for air and laid it to the side. "And I was hoping I'd never see him again."

I stared at the plain, creme wall and seriously wondered what Baekhyun was thinking about with this marriage. He must have been forced into this marriage too; he wouldn't have agreed to marry a woman like me. 

He deserves a beautiful woman with a pure heart, mind and body. He needs a gentle woman who can love and support him. He doesn't need me...he doesn't deserve a woman like me. If he really did agree to this marriage then he's a real idiot. He's completely out of his mind. 

Baekhyun's POV~

"I must be out of my mind," I said, lifeless while laying on my bed. "I must have gone crazy or something. I shouldn't have brought it up. What if she really does start to hate me more? What if our marriage really does fail and we end up getting a divorce? What if...what if I end up getting murdered by her hands?"

I gasped and shook my head at that thought. I shouldn't doubt so much; she's really not like that, I know it! But then again, I don't know. 

I sat up, frustrated at myself, and ruffled my hair. I clicked my tongue and sighed when there was a knock on my door. 

"Oppa," I heard my sister's soft voice. 

"Come in," I said and she opened the door, slowly walking in. I looked at her and she had a worried expression. She was there when I told my mother about the marriage and she's been worried since then. 

"Are you okay?" she asked and I faintly smiled. "Is this really alright with you? Marrying a woman you barely know, just so you can help the company?"

"It's hard to explain, Seolhyun-ah," I sighed and she sat next to me on the bed. "But I'm not doing this just for the company. Some part of me tells me that it's for myself and her."

"How can you be so sure," she quietly said. "You've always dreamed about marrying the girl you love. You don't love this woman...."

"Yeah, but there's nothing I can do now. I was the one who suggested we marry anyways, so I have to do what I said I'd do," I smiled to assure her that I was fine with this. "And besides, even if I don't love her now doesn't mean I won't love her later. It doesn't hurt to try."

"But sometimes it does hurt," she said and I quietly chuckled, placing a hand on top of her head. I lightly ruffled her hair then wrapped my arm around her shoulders, hugging her close. 

"I guess we'll just have to wait and see," I said and rubbed her arm. "And please do treat her well."

"Of course I will," she smiled, gently. "If she's the one oppa decided to marry then I'll treat her well."

"I know you will," I said and kissed the top of her head. "Anyways, don't worry too much about me and this whole situation. Just support me and be the perfect little sister that you are."

She nodded and we talked some more before calling it a night. She left my room and shut the door behind her, leaving me alone. Even still, my heart pounded about this reality. I was both nervous and scared for my life, but then there was that little bit of happiness in me that I was finally able to see her again. I just didn't know when. 

Days later, Mina and I still haven't met. I was just too busy with my work and I'm sure she was ignoring me any way possible. Since this wasn't going anywhere, I decided to pay a visit on my day off. She wasn't going to like it and I didn't care. I just needed to see her and confirm that she was still alive or that she didn't run away. 

Since I wasn't going to the office, I didn't bother to dress up. I put on a black and white striped t-shirt and wore black denim that were distressed at the knees. I let my fringes fall loose against my forehead and wore a hat to cover up my bed hair. I grabbed my phone and wallet before I headed out of the house with Seolhyun since I was sending her to her University on my way to see Mina. 

We both got in my car and I started the engine. Seolhyun was fixing her bangs in the mirror and I applied lip balm before I finally drove off to her school. We talked on the way there; we talked about her school life and her future plans. I still had a lot of catching up to do with her since I've missed six years of her life. 

"...and so appa bought me a car once I got my license," she said as we were now talking about her driving skills. "But he took away that privilege when I damaged all four of my cars."

"That explains why you never drive yourself to school," I snickered and she giggled. 

"Hey, I'm still learning okay?" she said. I shook my head in disbelief. 

"How did you manage to pass the driver's test?" I wondered and she shrugged. 

"I passed after six tries," she said and I laughed. She must be a terrible driver. I'm sure anyone riding with her would be scared for their life. 

"Don't laugh, oppa," she pouted at me. "I tried really hard, okay?"

My eyes were now tearing up and I finally calmed myself down. I apologized for laughing and wiped my tears. 

"I find it hard to imagine that it took you that many times to get your license," I said. "But then again, it is you."

"What is that supposed to mean?" she asked, upset. "You're seriously really mean, bully."

I snickered and pulled up to her school. I apologized again and she accepted it. 

"Well, I'll see you at home," she said and got out of my car, running off like she was late to class. I sighed with a smile and drove off to the hotel I had stayed in when I first got to Korea awhile back; the first place Mina and I met. 

I wondered what kind of reaction she'd give me. I knew very well that she wasn't going to be happy to see me, but I wanted to see her annoyed anyways. That's what makes her an interesting person. 

I finally pulled up in front of the hotel and looked at it remembering all the incidents I had with Mina. I still never got a "thank you" for saving her and a "sorry" for slapping me. She's just that type of person I guess. 

I got out of the car and headed inside the building being greeted by the staffs; they seemed happy to see me again. I greeted them as well and headed to the receptionist. She was the same one I had given the check to for Mina's bill. 

"Good afternoon, Baekhyun-ssi," she bowed and I nodded in her direction. 

"Good afternoon," I smiled and she blushed a bit. "Uhm, do you know if Mina is here by any chance?"

"Miss Mina?" she asked with a head tilt and I nodded. "She hasn't returned since last night."

I furrowed my eyebrows and felt my pulse speed up just a bit. 

"Do you know where she went last night?" I asked and she shook head. I bit my bottom lip and a lot of things were running in my head. Was she safe? Did she run away? Was I at the wrong hotel?

There was no way for me to answer those questions and the receptionist spoke. 

"She might have gone out to a bar or club," she said with a sigh. "Or maybe she spent the night with some random guy. I mean, she is the type to sleep around with men."

I didn't like the way this woman spoke about Mina and I told her to stop what she was saying. She stopped and hung her head low after realizing what she was saying to me; like she had just revealed a huge secret. 

"You shouldn't talk behind her back like that," I calmly said and she bowed in apology. I looked at her and sighed thinking about what the receptionist just said. Mina isn't that type of girl, is she?

I looked at the clock and it was 1:37pm. I had nothing to do for the day anyways, so I decided to wait for her, but I wasn't going to wait in the lobby. 

"May I know which room Mina is using?" I asked and she was hesitant. "If you're scared then don't worry about it. I won't tell her you told me or anything."

She bit her bottom lip and sighed. She reached under the desk and pulled out a card. 

"All the rooms on the top floor belong to Miss Mina and this key opens them all," she said and handed me the key. I grabbed it and placed it in my back pocket. "She does have a few friends who are in some of those rooms, so you have to be careful. But if you were to really pick a room then I'd suggest the one closest to the emergency stairs; it's quiet there and no one ever goes into that area."

I nodded and thanked her. She gave me a soft, yet worried smile and I began walking away. I'm not the type to take the elevators, so I took the stairs all the way up to the top floor. Once I open the door I saw a couple making out in the hallway...who would've thought I'd see this again. Thank goodness the door was right next to me, so I swiped the card and the door clicked open. I entered and shut the door behind me. 

I was welcomed by a sweet scent; it must have been her perfume. Her clothes were all over the floor and her makeup was scattered on the desk. I walked to her bed and sat down, looking at the clock next to the bed; it was now 1:40 pm. 

"Just where are you?" I whispered and sighed, turning on the TV while I waited. Minutes turned to hours and the sun was setting revealing all the different beautiful colors in the sky. I was getting tired and decided to take a short nap before I leave for the evening. 

Mina's POV~

I woke up from my two hour nap and realized I wasn't in my own environment. I slowly sat up, still half asleep and looked at my surrounding to see that I was in a lounge room. 

That's right. This whole entire day I was playing billiard with some people and we ended up betting on shots for the losers. I ended up drinking way more than I could handle and someone must have brought me in here to sleep. 

Once I was fully awake, I grabbed my bag and headed on out of the building and towards the hotel. I didn't drive and carpooled with a friend, but that friend was long gone so I had to walk back. That was a bad decision. 

Not even a block and I was already exhausted. Wearing heels was a bad choice especially if the hotel was miles away from where I was. I could feel the back of my feet burn in pain as it rubbed against the edge of my heels. 

"Maybe I should just call for a cab," I said to myself and pulled out my phone. . Battery's out. 

I stuffed my phone back into my bag and started dragging myself along the sidewalk. The sun was already sitting on the horizon and night was creeping in with a chilly summer night breeze. I didn't even bring a sweater with me. 

I wrapped my arms around my body to stay warm as I walked down the streets. There was barely anyone else around and cars just passing by in the night. 

My legs were beginning to lose out on me and so I had to sit down at the steps of a store to let my feet settle down a bit. I took off my heels and rubbed my feet, cursing under my breath. By now, the sun was completely gone and the crescent moon had taken over with the breeze getting chillier. I felt my body shiver and I rubbed my hands against my arms to stay warm. I knew I was just gonna get colder the longer I stayed, so I got up with my heels in my hands and started walking again. It felt so much better to walk with bare feet than with heels. 

I don't know how long I was walking for, but I knew I wasn't getting any closer to my destination than I thought I was; I wasn't even near halfway. I could literally see the billiard building down the street when I looked back. I was getting annoyed now. If only there was someone here that I could catch a ride with...or someone who would magically appear and bring me back. 

"Like that's going to happen," I scoffed at my own thoughts and continued to walk when I heard a familiar voice behind me. 

"Hey! Need a ride?" this person asked and I turned around. I widened my eyes slightly; I never thought I'd meet him again. 

He was on a bike and smiling at me in his soccer team's uniform again. 

"You look like you need a ride," Junior said and I furrowed my eyebrows. "I've got room at the back, if you wanna hop on."

"I'm fine," I said and walked on, but he pedalled behind me.

"But you're limping," he stated the obvious. "And the hotel is miles away from here. It'll take you all night to get back-"

"Then that's what I'll do," I said and he moved past me to stop in front of me. I stopped and glared at him as he grinned. 

"I'm not going to let you walk all the way back," he said with a small head shake. Seriously, what's his problem? He's so much like...Baekhyun. 

I stared at him and he wasn't going to get out of my way. I crossed my arms and looked at the little seat behind him. He saw me looking and looked behind him then back to me. 

"If you're worried about fitting on that then you don't have to be," he smiled. "If a grown man can comfortably fit on that then I'm sure you can."

He was joking, right? Did he really just compare me to a man?

I stood there thinking long and hard about my decision. I didn't want to go with him, but if it meant getting back to the hotel faster then I guess I'm up for it.

"Fine, take me back to the hotel," I mumbled and he smiled, sweetly. But as I was about to get on, he held a hand up stopping me. "What now?"

He looked over his shoulder at me and said, "I won't let you on unless you tell me your name."

I scoffed in disbelief and crossed my arms. He just continued to smile and introduced himself. 

"I should at least tell you my name," he said. "My name is Park Jinyoung, but people call me Junior because my father's name is also Jinyoung. So I'm Jinyoung Jr."

The way he spoke and smiled was that of a child who was happy to be named after his father. How lucky of him....

He then gestured me to introduce myself and I sighed, forcing the words out. 

"I'm Lee Mina," I said and he nodded like he was registering the name into his head to remember. "Now can I get on?"

He nodded and I hopped on. My hands instinctively grabbed his shirt that covered his waist and he looked back at me, shocked. I wasn't too shocked at my own actions; no one has the time to fall off and get hurt. 

He finally pedalled off and we headed towards the hotel. I could feel the warmth emitting from his back...it felt nice and I wanted more of it, but I stopped myself from embracing him. 

A little more than half an hour later, we finally got to the hotel and I got off without saying a word. I started walking towards the door when he spoke out behind me. 

"You're welcome," was what he said and I turned back to look at him, but his back was already facing me, biking off. 

"I didn't even thank you," I whispered and thought, "He's a strange one too."

I let out a tired sigh and entered the hotel that was now quiet. Many of the staffs were gone expect for the receptionist who stopped me midway. 

"Ah! Miss Mina, Baekhyun-ssi was here not too long ago," was what he said and I felt my chest tighten for some reason. I didn't say anything and walked off. 

"Why did he come here?" I whispered once I got into the elevator. I forgot that we were to marry, but what was his reason to see me? I'm fine with a marriage where we don't have to see each other at all.

The elevator dinged open and I got out of the elevator and headed to the room by the emergency stairs. I swiped my key card and it clicked open just as the doors to the stairs swung open. It startled me, so I jumped a bit and looked at the person to be even more startled. 

He came back. 

"Mina," Baekhyun said with a soft expression; the one that always burned my chest. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked with a frown and he gently smiled. 

"It's only natural for me to see the woman I'm supposed to marry, right?" he sweetly asked. I gagged at the question and the way he spoke. 

"Go home," I said and walked into my room only to have him follow me in. I didn't have the energy to kick him out or argue. Not to mention, my feet were in pain. 

I threw my heels on the floor and my bag against the wall before I laid in bed. It felt so nice to be in a warm bed; I could honestly fall asleep right now, but I stopped myself because of him. I felt the end of the bed sink in and I didn't have to look to know that he was sitting there. It was silent between us...I really hate silence. You could probably hear a couple moan in the next room if there was anyone there. 

"Where were you?" he finally spoke with a low, soft voice. I shifted my position in bed, now looking at the back of his body. 

"Why does it matter where I was?" I mumbled the question and he looked over his shoulder, our eyes meeting briefly before I turned away. 

"I heard you were out all night last night and all day today," he said and I scoffed. 

"What are you? My father?" I asked and felt my heart clench. He softly snickered and I looked at him to see his shoulders shake a bit from the quiet laugh. 

"No, I'm your fiancé," he said and I rolled my eyes at the last word. "I was honestly worried about you."

I didn't say anything and my heart clenched even more. No one has ever been worried about me like this....

Just as I was lost in my own thoughts, I felt his fingers brush against my ankle and I pulled my feet in, surprised. I pushed my upper body up to look at him and he was gazing at me with that soft expression again. 

"You were limping earlier," he said and a faint smile appeared. "You should be careful."

"Don't tell me what to do," I muttered and laid back down. "Why are you still even here? Leave."

There was silence followed by the quiet footsteps walking away and the door opening and shutting. 

He was gone. I was alone. 

"Baekhyun?" I found myself calling his name. I clenched my jaw and slowly sat up looking at the small doorway; from my angle I couldn't see the door. 

There was something that was off...he wouldn't just leave like that. I mean, yeah, I've only met him a few times and this the first in the longest time, but he wouldn't just leave. Not to mention, his cologne, not the expensive one, but the one that made it him was still lingering. 

I got out of bed and slowly made my way to the door. Once I was looking at the doorway, it was empty and quiet. I sighed, relieved, but I didn't feel that way. I don't know what to call it...this feeling. 

I knew it though, that he's not gone because his scent was still roaming around. I walked to the door and placed my hand over the doorknob. I swallowed hard and opened the door slowly. As it creaked the more I opened, the more of his scent entered my sense of smell and sure enough, he was standing in front of me. Well, he was more leaning with his back pressed against the wall in front of my room. 

I widened my eyes and he grinned at me.

"I was wondering how long it'd take for you to come looking for me," he chuckled and I felt the corner of my lip twitch...I knew this feeling...I was irritated. 

He looked at his wrist watch and raised his eyebrows. "Wow, it took less than two minutes! You must have really missed me in that short amount of time."

" off," I muttered through clenched teethes and he lightly laughed. This is the Baekhyun I hate. 

"Our marriage is going to be great, I can see it already," he said, still laughing and he walked over to me until he was standing too close to me. He leaned over and planted a hand against the wall next to my head just to support himself, so he could lean closer. Our eyes remained locked and he smirked a smile. 

"Let's live happily ever after, Mina," he teased and I kicked his shin. He cried in pain and hopped back to fall onto the floor with his back hitting the wall. 

"Damn," he winced in pain and glared up at me. I smirked down at him and crossed my arms. 

"Oh dear, look what I've done," I said, monotone and entered my room, shutting the door. I walked over to the bed when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror; I felt my chest tighten. I must have been imagining it.

"What the hell was that?" I whispered and touched my lips. "Did I just...smile?"