Chapter Six

Teach Me What Love Is

Baekhyun's POV~

Its already been a week the last time Mina and I have met. For some reason, I had the urge to see her and , but I was too busy to play around. I had way too many meetings to attend and dinner dates with potential business partners. I thought my head was going to explode from all my work. 

Once it was my lunch break, I put my work aside and headed down to the lobby. Secretary Moon wasn't going to join me, so I was alone today. 

I got to the front doors and had someone tap my shoulder from behind. I looked behind my shoulder and saw Mrs. Kim smiling up at me. 

"Oh, good afternoon, Mrs. Kim," I bowed and she returned a tiny bow. 

"I just finished meeting with your father and I saw you, so I thought I'd say hi," she said and I smiled. "Are you heading out for lunch?"

"Ah, yes. I was going to get something to eat," I answered. 

"That's great! I was getting hungry myself. Do you mind if we have lunch together?" she asked with sparkling eyes and I gave a light nod. 

"I don't mind at all," I said and we both headed to my car. 

We decided to eat seafood, so we stopped at a restaurant ten minutes away and entered. For some reason, Mrs. Kim asked for a private room and I just followed along. I don't know why she did, but it didn't really bother me. The only thing that would bother me would be the fact that we're alone in the room together and I've only met her twice. 

We placed our orders then waited in silence. I was constantly drinking my water as she gracefully drank her warm tea. 

"So...what did you talk to my father about?" I asked trying to create a conversation. She set her cup aside and interlaced her fingers together on top of the table. 

"It wasn't anything much," she spoke in a soft voice. "We talked about possibly joining our businesses together. I think it would be beneficial for the both of us."

I hummed in response and tapped my fingers against the table. It went silent again and I didn't know what else to talk about, except about her daughter. 

"What's Mina up to nowadays?" I asked taking a sip of my water. I glanced up and her lips formed into a smirk. She didn't speak for awhile and sighed. 

"Must we talk about her?" she asked and sipped her tea. I gave a breathy snicker and looked at her directly. 

"If not her then what shall we talk about?" I asked and she met my eyes. 

"How about we have the same discussion I had with your father?" she asked and I raised an eyebrow. "Let's talk about joining our businesses as you are the future heir."

Ugh, more business talk, but what choice do I have? I nodded in agreement and our conversation began. In the middle of our talk, the food arrived and we continued to talk and eat. 

She discussed about the benefits and whatnot, but for some reason we weren't going to be able to join forces. Why? I don't know.  Her explanation was because there was no one suitable to manage these companies along with me once we were to combine our businesses. Somehow she managed to bring up her daughter. 

"If only Mina wasn't so stubborn and more involved with business," she sighed and I knew she was hinting marriage. This was the same sentence many parents used to have me marry their daughter, but they never worked. Of course not until now. 

"Right," I agreed with her. "If only."

Then a great idea popped into my mind and I smirked. 

"Mrs. Kim," I said and she hummed in response. "Even though your daughter is stubborn and inexperienced, will you still allow me to marry her?"

She raised an eyebrow and grinned. She set her chopsticks on the table and leaned forward. 

"Are you saying you want to-"

"That's exactly what I'm saying," I grinned and she laughed lightly. "We both get something out of this. You receive the benefits from our business and I get your daughter."

"I like that idea," she said then tilted her head in question. "But why did you suddenly decide to marry my daughter?"

I thought about it and snickered quietly. I softened my gaze and looked at her with a faint smile. Sure, I wanted to with this marriage, as horrible as that sounds. But honestly, it's because I wanted to know more about her. 

"I want to marry her because I've found myself interested in her," I answered honestly. "I guess you can say, I've grown attached."

She was surprised by my answer and asked, "Sounds like you two have met already."

I nodded and said, "We have a few times, but it's been a week since we've last seen each other."

She just smiled and we continued our conversation. Through this talk, I found out she talked about marriage with my father too. He easily agreed to it since it was the daughter of the late Lee Yunwoo that I'd be marrying; he was a well respected man. 

After the conversation and lunch, we went separate ways and I headed straight to my father's office. I was going to break the news to my father and Mrs. Kim was going to tell Mina whether she liked it or not. I didn't care if she would end up hating me even more because I knew I wasn't going to regret this decision. I didn't care whether or not this marriage would succeed because I knew very well I wasn't going to regret this. 

I finally got to my father's office and barged in to hear his baritone sigh. I stopped in my tracks and turned around, closing the door behind me. I faced the door again and knocked. 

"Abeoji, may I come-"

"Just come in," I heard him say and I opened the door, entering his office. I walked up to his desk and took a seat in front of him as he was looking over more papers. I stared at him work and I knew if he's watched, then he gets agitated. 

"What is it that you want, Baekhyun?" he asked and I shrugged. 

"Nothing much," I answered and pursed my lips in boredom. 

"Then leave if you've got nothing to say," he said and shooed me away, but obviously I had something to tell him. I cleared my throat and leaned forward. 

"Abeoji," I said and he let out a sigh. "How bad do you want me to get married?"

He stopped writing and looked up at me with a head tilt. He gave me a suspicious look and crossed his arms as he leaned back in his chair. 

"Why are you suddenly talking about marriage?" he asked with narrowed eyes. I smiled and rested my elbows on his desk and placed my chin on my hands, forming the perfect "flower" pose. 

"Answer my question first," I said and he blinked. 

"Well, I don't want to rush it if you're not ready, so I've thought about it and think that you shouldn't get married yet," he said, rubbing his chin. "But personally I'd like you to marry as soon as possible."

"Then that's what I'll do," I said and he widened his eyes. 

"What?!" his voiced boomed and my head snapped back, startled. "What do you mean?!"

I lifted a hand up to calm him down and answered, "I met with Kim Hyejeong-ssi and we had a little talk over lunch. She had a discussion with you as well about the business joining together and marriage. I thought about it and I agreed to marry Kim Hyejeong-ssi's daughter, Lee Mina."

He was speechless; unable to put his thoughts into words. From his expression, he was both happy and confused at the same time. I mean, I would too if my son finally decided to marry after rejecting all the other woman. 

"Are you sure this is what you want? I mean, it's great for our company, but what about you?" he asked, concerned and I smiled. 

"I'm fine with it. I'll put in all my efforts into this relationship," I honestly said and he nodded with a broad smile. 

"But has Mina-ssi agreed to this?" he asked and I smirked playfully. 

"Of course not, but she has no choice," I whispered that only I can hear.  

Mina's POV~

I received a call from my "mother" to see her at the house. I had no choice, but to go and see what she had in store for me. 

I arrived at the house and walked to the door when I saw someone else just getting back. I stood in front of the door and looked at who had just arrived and it was him; the other person I hate. He saw me and gave me a faint smile before walking up to me. 

"Its been awhile since you've been home, Mina," Mr. Kim said and I frowned at him. 

"I don't like the way my name comes out of your mouth," I muttered and he opened the door for us to enter. 

"That's too bad. I really want to try and build a father-daughter relationship with you," he said and I scoffed in disbelief. 

"After what you've done to my father and I, I would never accept you," I firmly said and he snickered, hurt. I glared at him when my mother's voice reached my ears. 

"Welcome home dear," she beamed as she came down the stairs in a red mesh robe and silky night dress. I looked at her in disgust as she walked up to her man and kissed him, passionately. I felt my stomach clench and I turned away like I always did when I was a child. 

"You haven't gone to bed yet?" Mr. Kim asked, tenderly. 

"Of course not, I was waiting up on you," she said with seduction and I felt my chest burn. "Also, there's something we need to discuss as a family."

Family...I could only scoff at that word. I looked at the two and she gestured me to follow after her into the dining room. The three of us sat down at the dining table and there was silence before she spoke. 

"I talked with an old acquaintance of mine and we discussed about joining our companies together," she said staring directly at me. I was so not interested in this talk, but something told me I did not like where this was going. 

"...and to have this happen marriage would have to happen," she continued. 

.  

"Therefore-"

"I am not going to go along with your plan," I rejected with disbelief. "I don't know who this man may be, but I know I don't want this whole 'marriage' thing to happen. I refuse to marry for your own selfish benefits!"

She smirked, annoyed, and gave me a hard expression. 

"Whether you like it or not, you will marry this person," she said, trying to sound calm and perfect in front of her husband. I bet he's never even seen her evil side. 

"I'm not going to do it. You can't make me," I firmly muttered and stood up to leave when she brought up something that made my heart stop. 

"This is something your father would want," she said and without even have to look at her, I knew she was smiling with glee. She knew he was my weakness. 

My body trembled as I clenched my fists and turned to face her. 

"Appa would never force marriage on me," I said as my voice shook and I swallowed hard. "This is all for you, you selfish ."

"Mina," Mr. Kim finally spoke with a firm tone, warning me to not speak so ill of his wife. I stood there breathing heavily and stepped back. 

"Don't you dare ever mention your dead husband in front of me again," I said through clenched teethes. "I will not marry and that's final."

"That's too bad," she said with a fake pout. "Looks like I'll have to take everything away from you. I'll take your car, all your money and you will never have the privilege to use any of your father's hotels ever again. Oh wait, those are my hotels your using."

I felt my heart punch my chest and I lightly scoffed. She was kidding me, right? She can't kick me out like that! Those hotels are my father's not hers! She can't do this to me! She's already taken enough from me, she can't take anymore!

"So what will it be, Mina? Will you marry this man or will you be happier living on the streets with absolutely nothing?" she asked with a light smirk and I felt my body burn in anger. I hated how it was so easy for her to control my life. 

"You shouldn't force her into a marriage she doesn't want-"

"I'll do it," I forced out the words, interrupting Mr. Kim. She gave me a pleased grin, not because I agreed to this marriage, but because she had me wrapped around her fingers. 

"Are you sure?" she asked with an eyebrow raised. "You won't regret this?"

"I'll regret it to the day I die," I said and she nodded in approval. The only question now was, "Who is this person I am to be wedded to?"

One corner of her lip curled up and she said the name I haven't heard in a week...the name I never thought I'd hear again. The one man I hated the most. 

"His name is Byun Baekhyun."