Chapter Twenty Eight

Teach Me What Love Is

3rd Person POV~

It's been a week since Mina ruined Mrs. Kim's plan. In her head, she had to be the wealthiest person in South Korea and to do that she must take over the Byun Group like how she did with the rest, but the heir, Baekhyun, was getting in her way. She had hoped that with Mina's marriage to Baekhyun, she would be able to take over the Byun Group, but now that is no longer possible. And whether a wedding happens for the two or not, she knows Baekhyun isn't fond of her, therefore she won't be able to progress in her plan, but she wasn't going to give up. She needed to get rid of Baekhyun, but first, she's got to get rid of his father, Mr. Byun.

Mrs. Kim sat in her office, tapping her fingernails against her desk and was in deep thoughts. She bit her bottom lip and glared into space.

"What am I going to do about the old man?" she whispered, referring to Mr. Byun. "Once I get rid of him, Baekhyun will take over the Byun Group and that would be my chance to destroy them. Once I do that then they'll have no choice but to beg me for help. But how will I do that? Baekhyun won't be easy to deal with now that Mina is on his side...I'm sure he already knows that I'm after the Byun Group and I would easily be the suspect to all their problems if I were to create them."

She took a sip of her water and let out a sigh.

"Before I think about getting the Byun Group, I must think of a way to have Mr. Byun leave his position as President," she said to herself and at that moment there was a knock at the door.

"Mrs. Kim, your husband is here to see you," her secretary said from the other side of the door and Mrs. Kim sighed, not wanting any visitors even if it was her own husband.

"Bring him in," she said and the door opened. Mr. Kim walked in with a sweet smile and she returned a forced smile. "What brings you in today, sweetheart?"

He took a seat across from her and answered, "I was able to clear my schedule for the evening and I thought, 'why not take the pretty lady out for dinner?'"

Mrs. Kim was now smiling a real one and leaned forward, "Are you saying we're going on a date?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying," he chuckled. "You haven't given me an answer yet though."

Mrs. Kim giggled and nodded, "Of course I'd go on a dinner date with my husband. Let me quickly finish my work and I'll meet you down at the lobby."

"Sounds like a plan," he smiled and stood up, leaning over the desk to give her a quick kiss on the head. "Don't make me wait too long."

She snickered and he was out of her office. Once the door clicked shut, she let out a deep sigh and leaned back into her chair, feeling annoyed. She was still thinking about her backup plan and the more she thought about it, the more irritated she got.

"I should focus on Mr. Byun for now, then work from there," she mumbled. "But what would be the most 'natural' way to get rid of him? Tax season is over so I can't accuse him of tax evasion...killing him would be too extreme...."

She let out an exhausted sigh and ran her fingers through her hair when a similar situation popped up into her head. She lifted her head up and slowly smirked.

"Killing him may extreme, but intervening with his health isn't," she said, almost happy about the thought of Mr. Byun getting seriously ill. "And him getting sick is the most natural way for him to give up his position and to finally pass it on to Baekhyun. And to do that, I'll need the help of my husband."

She smiled at the idea then laughed and clapped her hands, "This is easy! Why didn't I think of this when I've already done it before?"

She giggled to herself when her phone began to ring; it was Mr. Kim calling. She picked up and without letting him speak, she said, "I'll be right down! I have something great to share with you!"

And she hung up giving one last smile at her idea. She packed her belongings and headed down to meet her husband.

*****

Meanwhile, for Baekhyun, everything had went back to normal since then. His project was going well and he's already gone over the details with his new partners. He's been home a lot more now with Mina and he's returned to his energetic self. He's even gained back his weight and seeing him smiling and laughing again assured Mina that she did the right thing. He's also been a whole lot more affectionate towards Mina and she didn't like it, but she didn't necessarily hate it either.

Baekhyun and Mina were both cooking dinner together in the kitchen of their apartment. Mina's cooking skills have improved a lot and Baekhyun...well, he still wasn't that great of an assistant to her. He was continuously scolded by her because he was either getting in her way or messing up her seasoning. Eventually, he was told to sit at the table and wait for dinner to finish.

"This is boring," he pouted with Bacon in his lap. "I should be helping you, not sitting here to just watch you cook."

"Should've never ruined the soup," Mina said, focused on her cooking. "I mean, seriously, who adds in ramen seasoning powder to a spicy beef and vegetables soup? You might as well eat ramen for dinner!"

"Are you judging my father's cooking? That's how he taught me," Baekhyun defended. "He told me that if you feel uncertain about the taste of any kind of soup, you add in a pack of seasoning powder and the magic will happen."

"You're kidding me," she scoffed in disbelief. "You're better off eating ramen for the rest of your life if you're going to think like that."

Baekhyun scoffed and turned his head away with another pout; he was acting like a child. Mina didn't see since her back was faced towards him and he knew she wouldn't care even if she saw his pout.

"I hope you know I'm upset," he mumbled while glancing at her and she rolled her eyes. "Yah, aren't you going to comfort me?"

She let out a sigh and kept her attention on the soup, trying not to focus on him. She stirred the soup and Baekhyun frowned with crossed arms.

"Are you ignoring me right now? I'm really upset," he said and waited for a response, but of course, he didn't get anything in return. "Are you really telling me to eat ramen for the rest of my life? If I do, I'll die and you'll be all alone. What will you do? Who would take care of you? Who would love you like I do? Who would put up with you? Who would-"

"Okay, I get it! Just stop!" she yelled as she turned around with the large soup spoon in her hand. "Gosh, how do you just keep on rambling off like that? It's like your mouth is a broken machine that just doesn't know when to shut off."

Baekhyun grinned, satisfied and hugged Bacon in his arms.

"I'm not going to let you eat ramen for the rest of your life," she said, still annoyed with his non-stop blabbering. "Happy?"

He nodded and cuddled against Bacon, "Extremely happy."

She sighed and turned off the stove, glancing back at Baekhyun.

"The least you could do is set up the table," she said and he happily agreed to do so.

Their dinner was nice and quick, like usual. But even though they were done with dinner, they still didn't leave the dining table. It was starting to become a habit for the two to sit at the dining table after dinner to hear more of Baekhyun's stories; Mina has somewhat gotten used to hearing his long stories. These stories would last up to an hour and a half or whenever Mina decides to get up from the dining table to clean up the dishes before it starts stinking up the kitchen, but even still, Baekhyun would continue on.

Eventually, Baekhyun ended his story time and Mina was able to get the dishes cleaned and the table wiped cleaned with the help of Baekhyun. The rest of the night Mina and Baekhyun stayed up doing a Harry Potter marathon since the following day was a weekend.

"Want to go somewhere tomorrow?" Baekhyun asked, glancing down at Mina as his arms were wrapped around her shoulder; they've already watched 4 hours of Harry Potter.

"Where?" she asked with her eyes glued to the TV.

"I knew it, you don't remember," he sighed with soft smile and she looked up at him, confused. He gently pinched her cheek and said, "Tomorrow's the last game for the kids."

Mina had a suprised look on, the look that said, "Ah! That's right!"

Baekhyun snickered and continued, "I promised them we'd go see it and I'm sure Junior would like it if we were there cheering them on."

"Then we have no choice, but to go, right?" she said and he smiled.

"Gosh, you make it sound like I'm forcing you to go-"

"No, I want to go," she smiled and like always it made Baekhyun's heart flutter to see this side of her. "I actually miss them. I'd like to see them play one last time before the season ends."

He nodded and removed his arm from her shoulders.

"We should get some sleep then," he said and stood up with Bacon also standing up from his position. "We have to take Bacon to the clinic in the morning to get his monthly shots and I have a quick errand to run. It's a packed schedule tomorrow, so let's go to bed."

Mina didn't want to sleep though, she was way into Harry Potter to go to bed as it was actually her first time watching it. Baekyun could tell that Mina wasn't going to bed anytime soon, so he gave her a quick peck on the forhead and she gasped, looking up at him with wide eyes.

"Don't look so surprised, it's not the first," he chuckled in a teasing manner. "Besides, it's the first in a long time that I've kissed you like that."

Mina blushed and turned away while Baekhyun felt like teasing her some more. He leaned forward and whispered into her ears, "Soon enough I'll kiss you on the lips, be prepared for that."

She in her breath and felt her heart stop as both and eyes widened. She was completely frozen.

Baekhyun laughed and straightened himself up.

"I'm being serious, Mina. Don't let me catch you off guard," he said still teasing her a bit. "Well, I'm going to bed. Feel free to join me once you're done."

Once he was out of sight and the door shut, Mina finally let out a breath and huffed out a couple of breaths, "He's gone crazy. As if I'd let him touch my lips."

She couldn't even imagine such a thing happening, especially to her; to someone who's never even had a kiss.

*****

Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim were getting ready for bed; he was in bed reading the last bit of his book and she was applying her nightly routine of skin care.

"You never told me about your great idea, dear," Mr. Kim, his eyes not leaving a single word in the book. Mrs. Kim perked up and looked at him through her vanity mirror with a smirk, then turned around to face him.

"I...I have a favor to ask of you," she said and he hummed in response, his way of asking what she wanted. After a little pause, she said, "I want you to do that again."

He wasn't sure what she meant by 'that' and so he closed his book and took of his glasses to look at her with furrowed brows.

"Care to explain what you mean?" he asked and set his book on the nightstand by their bed as she stood up and walked over the bed. She sat down on the edge of the bed and leaned forward.

"Do you remember my first husband?" she asked and something told Mr. Kim he wasn't going to like the sound of her request.

"Yes, how can I forget?" he softly said and she smiled.

"Do you remember what you did to him?" she asked and his heart throbbed in guilt.

"Yes, I do," he answered and she leaned in closer to him.

"I want you to do the same thing to Mr. Byun," she whispered and he gasped with wide eyes and abruptly stood out of bed.

"You're crazy!" he shouted, panting. "Why would you ask me to do such a thing?!"

She frowned in anger that he was rebelling against her and she stood up as well; glaring into his eyes.

"It was easy to get you to do it with my first husband, you can easily do it again," she said and he shook his head, frantically. That made her furious. "I"m not asking you to kill him; all I'm asking you to do is give him some kind of drug that will weaken his health."

Mr. Kim looked at her like she was a different woman...no, she has alway been this kind of woman and he knew of it.

"I'm not going to do that-"

"If you don't then I'll reveal to Mina that it was you who killed her precious father-"

"It was you who told me to do it!" he shouted, conflicted. "You told me to kill him-"

"So that you could have me-"

"No!" he yelled and heavily breathed, shaking his head. "No.... You wanted him dead so that you could take over his wealth and I was stupid enough to do it because I was blinded by my one-sided love."

Mrs. Kim swallowed hard and clenched her jaw.

"In the end, it was still you who killed her father," she muttered. "Can you live with that guilt if I told her the truth? That her father's health wasn't getting any better because you were prescribing him the wrong medications?"

He swallowed hard and felt that painful jab in his chest; he could never face Mina with the truth.

"Again, I'm not asking you to kill Mr. Byun," she said, calming her nerves down. "All I want is him to leave his position and hand it over to Baekhyun and to do that, we must interfere with his health."

Mr. Kim was still not cooperating with her plan, but she didn't give up. She walked over to her vanity table and grabbed her phone. She held the screen up to his face and dialed Mina's number.

"You have until Mina picks up to make your decision," she said as the other end rung. "Will you help me? Or will you reveal the truth to Mina?"

They both glared at one another as the phone continued to ring when Mina answered half-asleep, not even looking at the caller ID.

"Hello-"

Mr. Kim was quick to rip the phone out of his wife's hand and hung up on Mina, this made Mrs. Kim happy.

"Fine, I'll help you," he said, filled with guilt. "Even if  you want me to kill him in the end, I won't do it. Remember that."

She snickered and took her phone back, "Of course, dearie."

She then started walking away towards the door.

"I'm not in the mood to share the same bed with you tonight," she said and opened the door, but she was sure to give her last words for the night. "Remember, I have you wrapped around my fingers. You can never go against me."

And with that she closed the door behind her. He deeply exhaled and sat on the edge of the bed, running his fingers through his hair. He knew what he got himself into, but at the same time he didn't. He looked up and saw his framed doctorine diploma hanging on the wall.

"I'm supposed to be saving them, not killing them...I'm supposed to give my patients back to their families...not take them away," he quietly said and let out another heavy sigh and dug his face in his palms, muffling, "Just what am I going to do?"