Chapter Five

Teach Me What Love Is

Baekhyun's POV~

The next morning, I packed all my stuff and headed down the hallway of the hotel towards the elevator. I stopped at Mina's door, looking at it as if she'd open it but I'm sure I'm the last person she wants to see in the morning. She and I probably won't ever meet again once I leave this place and return home. 

I stood there, just looking at her door then left and got in the elevator, heading down to the lobby. Many of the staffs knew who I was, so they bowed to me and thanked me for spending some time here. I smiled and bowed to them as well, then headed towards my car. The closer I got to my car, I could see an envelope trapped between the windshield and window wippers. 

I put my luggages into the trunk first then grabbed the envelope before I entered my car. I ripped the envelope open and there was a bill from the auto shop along with a note. 

"Take your time to pay me back, I'm in no rush to receive the money. Just hand the money on over to the receptionist at the front desk of the hotel, they'll hand it to me. Also, let's not run into each other again." -Mina

I chuckled at the letter and thought, "In the end I never got a 'sorry' or 'thank you'." 

I looked at the amount I had to pay and it wasn't a lot; I would be able to pay today but I had too many things to do. I set the note and Bill aside before driving off to the office. 

Its the usual when I arrive; the staffs greeting me and Secretary Moon telling me what my schedule is for the day. His voice never stopped even when we got to my office and I sat down pulling out my paperwork. 

"...and lastly, you will be accompanying your parents to have dinner with the chairman of **** hospital," he said and slapped his notebook closed. "Any questions or concerns?"

I sighed and shook my head, gesturing him to leave me alone. He nodded and bowed before taking his leave. Finally, some peace and quiet. I liked the silence; I liked the fact that no one was here to bother me. 

Hours flew by like seconds and I got ready to leave for lunch with Secretary Moon. He and I decided to get some jjajjamyeon, so we headed to a nearby Chinese restaurant. 

Once we entered, we took our seats and placed our order; now it was just a waiting game. While we waited, Secretary Moon talked about his life. He talked about work and family. I, on the other hand, played with my chopsticks as I listened to some of the words that came out of his mouth. 

"...and then my family and I went to Taiwan for a family vacation, but we ended up getting lost..," he continued. I purposely sighed and looked at the clock on the wall...it's only been three minutes and he's been talking non-stop. 

"Ah! I heard you're getting married!" he then shouted just as I was drink my water. His outburst caused me to choke on my water and spit some out. "So it must be true."

I coughed and shook my head. 

"There is no marriage happening. Who told you that?" I asked and cleared my sore throat. 

"Well, it's been spreading around in the office. Many have said the woman you were with yesterday morning was your fiancee," he continued and I snorted. She would never want to marry me. 

"There are also rumors that your parents are finding you a wife because your father is stepping down," he said and I nodded, admitting that fact. "So, tell me the details."

He leaned over in anticipation just as our jjajjamyeon arrived. I tried to ignore the topic by eating first, but he kicked me from under the table and gave me the look to tell him. He was always the type to talk while eating, that's why it always takes so long to finish one meal. 

He continued to kick me until I groaned and wiped my lips to glare at him, but he gave me a cheeky smile. I swear, this person is a two-face; professional and sophisticated at the office; cheeky and childish out of the office. I guess that's one of his charms...who knows. 

"So...?" he asked and I set my chopsticks aside. I leaned back in my seat and crossed my arms, my lips. 

"The woman I was with is not my fiancee, she's just someone I happened to run into," I sighed and flashes of her ran through my head. I gave a faint smile and continued, "But it's true that my parents are finding me a partner. I met the woman they chose last night, but she wasn't interested in me. It's not like I was either."

He nodded with such a concentrated look. I guess there is something charming about this childish side of him. 

"Then what are your thoughts on marriage?" he asked and I hummed to think. 

"I think marriage is making a commitment with the person you love," I said, serious. "Whether you fight all day or give each other love, you know by the end of the day that person will always stay by your side. But that doesn't really define marriage...it's only what I want in mine. I think for me, marriage is enjoying the rest of my life with the person I love. No matter how many arguments we get into, I know I will always love this person to the end of my life and she will too."

I've heard that when men talk about marriage, they think about that woman as they speak. I never really believed that was true until I had this conversation with Secretary Moon. Even if I thought about Mina as I said those words, that doesn't mean she and I will marry. She wouldn't marry me even if she was forced to. She hates me. And I don't love her...at least I don't think so. 

"You're so cool," Secretary Moon said in awe and smiled. "I'm sure you'll find this woman yourself."

"Yeah...," I softly said and gestured him to eat his jjajjamyeon as I did myself. 

Mina's POV~

Morning had turned to night as I was at a bar all day, just drinking and smoking with a group of friends in a small corner at the back. I wasn't drunk though, I can handle my liquor really well. 

"Jason! Bring in some more drinks!" a man shouted across the room to a waiter he must have known. The waiter nodded and headed towards the bar. 

Another man with blonde hair had an arm wrapped around my shoulders as I was leaning against him. His warmth felt nice against my skin. 

"So Mina, how many times have you slept with a man?" he asked against my ear that sent chills down my back. His breath reeked of both alcohol and weed that my stomach clenched. 

I opened my mouth to speak, but Somin, a woman I knew from high school, spoke for me. She was drunk, possibly high. 

"She's slept with numerous guys!" she slurred with a goofy grin. "Her first time was in her freshman year of high school with a sunbae! I remember him bragging about it to all of us!"

I shut my mouth and dropped my gaze. This is how they saw me...a person who drinks, smokes and sleeps around with men...a dirty little . 

"Ahh, so you're really experienced then," the man next to me grinned and his lips brushed against my bare neck. I tensed up, but I didn't pull away. His hand that was resting on my lap traveled up my thigh and onto my stomach. His lips nibbled my skin and his fingers was trying to my pants, but my mind snapped and I stood up, pushing him off of me. 

"I'm done for the night," I said and grabbed my clutch, moving past the people blocking my way. 

I made my way out of the bar and breathed heavily, making sure to catch in the fresh night air. I deeply exhaled once I felt like I had enough of it and began walking to my car. Once I reached it, I entered and drove off back to the hotel. 

Once again, there was silence. I really hate this silence, so I blasted on the radio and opened the windows letting in the cool breeze. 

I arrived at the hotel and parked my car in the street, rather than in the hotel garage. I turned off the engine and just sat in my car looking at the hotel when I saw someone familiar walk out. Strutting in his suit and neatly combed back hair made it hard to not look away. I got out involuntary and started walking towards him, but he was already too far away from me to catch up to him. I slowed down my walk and came to a complete stop when he reached his car; the car that ruined mine. 

I stood there and watched him as he stood in front of the driver's door. He turned his head towards me and though we were far apart, I could see his soft eyes. He didn't smile this time...he always does. We looked at each other for a few seconds, then he got in his car and the engine roared in this silent night. He drove off and I continued to watch him until he was completely out of my sight. 

One reason why I hate silence is because I hate the feeling of being alone. But I've never felt so lonely until now....

I finally started walking away from my place and headed into the hotel. I walked into the lobby and a woman called out to me. I turned my head to the receptionist who had said my name and she waved me over. I walked up to her and she pulled out an envelope from under the desk. 

"A man named Baekhyun said this was for you. He said it was for your car bill," she said and I grabbed the envelope in her hands. I looked inside and it was a check. I looked up at her and she bowed, the staffs way of saying "have a good night."

I gave a slight bow and headed towards the elevator. As I waited I stared at the check. 

"He gave this to me sooner than I expected," I whispered and the elevator dinged open. 

Later that night, I the TV and watched whatever was playing. It seemed to be a variety show because the audience was laughing, but I didn't find it funny. I didn't even understand what was going on. I shifted my position on the bed when there was a knock on my door. I got out of bed and opened the door to see Somin; she was drunk. 

"Excuse me Miss, do you by chance know where the bar is?" she asked with half-lidded eyes. Her speech was barely audible and her hair was a mess with her lipstick smeared all over her lips. 

"You're at the wrong place," I said with a monotone voice and shut the door when I heard something hit the wall. I rolled my eyes and opened the door to see her on the floor, asleep. I sighed, annoyed, and dragged her by the feet into my room. 

She's a lot lighter and was easy to put on the bed. I removed her shoes and took some makeup remover to wipe away her makeup. She moved under my hands, but I managed to clean her up a bit. I knew she wasn't going to feel good in the morning, so I left to buy some medicine. 

"First Joohyun, now her. They're always causing trouble," I mumbled as I was walking in the steets with an oversized hoodie and leggings. I reached a convenience store and roamed around looking at all the different medications when I felt my stomach rumble. I realized that I hadn't eaten anything today; I only filled up on alcohol. I grabbed the medicine for hangovers then searched for my dinner. 

I got the usual: ramen, 3 different kinds of triangle kimbap and 2 banana milks. I put them all in my basket and headed to the register when I bumped into a man. 

"Ah, I'm sorry," he said and I looked at him. He had the nice, innocent feel once I met his eyes; they were gentle. 

"Its fine," I forced out the words and walked on. 

"Hey Junior, do you think the kids will like these?" I heard his friend ask and I glanced over to them as the cashier scanned my items. They were both wearing a uniform for some kind of sports team and their baskets were full with snacks. 

"That looks good, we'll get that for them," this Junior guy smiled sweetly and continued to pick some snacks. I pulled my eyes away when the cashier told me the price and I paid, then left to eat at a table in front of the store. 

I was there for a good five minutes, chowing down my dinner. I heard the store door ring open followed by laughter. I glanced up to see the two men from earlier come out with both their hands full. 

"...I'm sure if Hwanghee kicked the ball harder he could've made that winning score," I heard the man, other than Junior, say. 

"Yeah, but they tried their best," Junior sincerely smiled and his eyes met mine, giving me a smile. I turned away and finished my last banana milk. I got up and threw away my trash following after them; I mean, my house is that way so I had no choice but to walk behind them. 

I didn't care too much about what they were talking about, but when you're alone you can't help but listen. They were talking about soccer and I was able to figure out that they were both coaches for a soccer team made of kids; that's how long I've been following them to know enough about them. Creepy, huh? They knew I was behind them, but I guess they knew I meant no harm. 

Finally, they turned left and I stopped where I was cause I had to cross the street and there was the "No Walking" sign flashing. I stood there and played with the medicine in my hand when I heard someone talking to me. 

"Are you going to be okay walking by yourself?" this person asked and I looked at him. It was Junior, he was walking back in my direction. 

"I'm fine. It's not the first," I told him, but he gave me a concerned look. 

"But still, it's dark and you can never expect the unexpected," he softly said now standing in front of me and his friend came up to us. "I'll walk you to where you're headed."

"I'm okay," I flatly said and the red hand turned to a green walking man, so I started walking when he grabbed my wrist, lightly. 

"Hyung," he said to the man behind him. 

"You go on ahead. I'd want to make sure she gets back safely too," the man said and Junior handed him all the bags. "I'll explain it to the kids."

"Thanks," Junior said and I couldn't believe what was happening. I didn't need him to walk me back, I'm not a child. More importantly, he's not going to ask for a "Thank you" too, is he? Well he's not going to get one; if Baekhyun didn't get one then he for sure won't. 

I frowned at my own thoughts; Baekhyun again. 

"So, where are you headed to?" he asked and I snapped my head up. My frown was still visible, but he wasn't bothered by it. I know that if I tell him to leave he won't, because all the men I've been meeting these past few days didn't leave me. 

"I'm staying at a hotel not too far from here," I muttered and crossed the street. We ended up walking in silence as I led the way. Another reason why I hate silence, especially with someone I don't even know, is because of the awkwardness. 

As we walked in silence, I saw the hotel up ahead and turned to look at him. 

"Well, the hotel is over there," I said while pointing to it. He looked past me then turned his gaze back to me. I turned my back on him and started walking. "Then I'm going."

"W-wait!" he called out after me and I silently groaned. He better not be asking for a "thank you".

I turned to him and he gave me an innocent smile. 

"What's your name?" he asked and I raised an eyebrow. "Don't think it's anything weird. It's only natural to ask for each other's name."

"Well, we won't meet again so there's no point," I said and walked off. I could hear him chuckling behind me, but it died down the more the gap between us increased. 

I returned to my hotel room where Somin was sleeping and I set the medicine on the table for her to see. I grabbed some stuff and left my room going to a different room to lay down. 

Once I got in the room, I flopped onto the bed and closed my eyes. 

"I swear guys like them exhaust me," I whispered before I fell asleep.