Chapter Fifteen

Teach Me What Love Is

Baekhyun's POV~

Boyfriend? She's got to be kidding me. What kind of guy would fall for her? Not only that, but what does she see in him? And who agrees to a marriage when you've already got a boyfriend?! Who does she think she is to fool me like this?

I stared at Mina as she stuck her tongue out at me; I huffed out a sigh and turned away. If that's how she wants to play then I'll play; she'll regret it for sure, making this whole boyfriend thing up. 

"Okay team! Let's start practice!" her "boyfriend" shouted with his hands cupped around his mouth and the kids gathered around him. They exchanged a few words then dispersed into their positions. 

With Mina alone, I stepped closer to her and nudged her arm. 

"When did you get such a fine looking boyfriend?" I questioned with a little irritated voice and she didn't say a word. "Was it before we met?"

"No," she simply said and glanced up at me. "Junior and I met a little after my first encounter with you at the hotel."

For some reason, I didn't like hearing that. She's bound to have met other men at that time though, that's normal. 

"When did you decide to date?" I asked and she let out a sigh. 

"Why are you asking these questions?" she questioned and I gave her the 'are you serious' look. "Just because I said he's my boyfriend doesn't mean I have to tell you everything."

"You're my wife, so you should-"

"How many times do I have to tell you that we're not married-"

"Yet," I cut her off and she rolled her eyes. "I have the right to know these things and so does he. He doesn't even know that we're getting married, does he?"

"He doesn't need to know," she muttered and with that, she walked away from me. Was I hurt by what she just said? No, I was only getting started. 

Minutes have passed and Mina was stuck to this Junior guy like glue while the other coach was teaching the students. It's weird seeing her with another man other than myself, but it's weirder how comfortable she looks with him. Makes me wonder if they really are dating seeing how he's smiling at her and she doesn't have that annoyed look on. The way they interact looked so natural. 

Makes me wonder...has he seen her smile yet? Or laugh? If he has...then I'm damn jealous. 

Time continued to pass by and the two still didn't separate. Just what are they even talking about? No, just what are they to one another that they need to be with each other for such a long time? Has she forgotten me?

Damn, she's really trying to piss me off. Well, it's working, but I won't lose this game. I'll have to make a comeback soon. 

An hour went by and Junior was now coaching the kids. I didn't pay any attention to him, but watched Mina to see what her reaction was like. It was no surprise to see her expressionless face with arms crossed while leaning back in her chair. 

"What kind of girlfriend shows that kind of support?" I snickered with a head shake. 

Once it was time to take a break, Junior went straight to Mina and sat next to her; just seeing that made me angry. 

She knew I was keeping an eye on the two, so she grabbed a small towel and wiped his sweat. I narrowed my eyes at the two and she opened a water bottle for him to drink out of. Not once has she ever done anything like that for me. 

The look on his face was pure happiness, but I could see he was also flustered by her actions. They started talking again and I leaned forward, resting my elbows on my lap as if I was trying to hear them talk, but I'm meters away. 

Mina's POV~

"...and so that's how I decided to couch for them," Jinyoung finally ended his whole life story. He's no different from Baekhyun when it comes to story telling and I gave him the same reaction...a stoned face. 

"Junior, do you think you can go grab some snacks for the kids?" the other coach asked with his hands on his hips. "I'd go, but I'd like to spend a few more minutes on their dribbling skills."

Junior smiled and nodded, then turned to me. "Wanna tag along?"

I didn't want to go, but I knew someone was watching. 

"Sure, I'll go," I answered and he looked across the field. 

"But will your friend mind? I've noticed he's been looking over here for some time," he said and I looked in his direction. It's no surprise to see Baekhyun staring at us. Pretty sure he was glaring at us. "Maybe he'd like to join us?"

"Its best not to have him come," I said and started walking first. "Let's get going if we want to feed the kids before they end practice."

"Okay, but let me just tell him first that we're going out to the store," he said and jogged on over to Baekhyun. I watched him in disbelief and thought that Junior is probably the last man I'm going to claim as my boyfriend. Others at least have played along, but then again this poor guy didn't even know what I was doing. 

I decided I'd wait outside for him, so I left the facility. It was a lot colder than earlier, but thank goodness I had a sweater on me. 

I waited for what seemed like eternity, but in reality it was only a minute. Junior came out with his hands stuffed in his jogger pockets and just when I thought he was alone came Baekhyun following behind. 

"I know you didn't want him to come, but I had to ask anyways," Junior sweetly grinned and I glared at Baekhyun. 

"Oh don't show that look sweetheart, it'll scare him away," he teased and I clenched my fists. He's really annoying; just looking at him annoys me. 

"Let's head to the store. There's a convenience store not too far from here," Junior smiled, oblivious. I walked next to him as Baekhyun walked behind us. It was quiet between the three of us. Can this walk get anymore awkward with the silence? 

We had walked quite a distance from the facility, but still didn't reach our destination. Seriously though, just how far is the store? We could've taken a car there. Not to mention, it's gotten a whole lot colder than earlier; I was shivering with my arms hugging my body. 

"You cold?" Junior asked and I looked up at him. He had a concerned frown on. 

"No, I'm alright," I replied and continued to gently rub my hands against my arms to keep me warm. He let out a sigh and stopped walking to take off his windbreaker. 

"Here, I'll lend you this," he said and wrapped it over my shoulders. "It may not be much, but it'll do something."

I just stared at him as he smiled at me, satisfied. He bent over closer to me and did the unexpected. He gently pinched my nose and chuckled. 

"It must be that cold out that your nose is red," he said with a perfect eye-smile and I froze under his touch. I could've used this chance to play along, but I was in too much of a shock to do something. 

"Let's continue our walk, the kids are probably finished by now," he said and walked ahead of us. I just stood there, hearing another set of feet step towards me. 

"Why do you look so surprised? Isn't that something normal between a couple? Physical interaction that is," Baekhyun said and I shot a glare at him. He was teasing me again, but his facial expression said something else. Anyone can tell that he was angry, but he tried to play it cool by grinning. 

"Don't tell me, it's a first," he continued and I felt my pulse race in annoyance. "Why didn't you kick him like how you kicked me when I first kissed you on the forehead? Do you really like him?"

"Just shut up," I muttered and breathed out heavily. Who does he think he is to be teasing me like this? Why am I even getting angry? He should be! 

"Don't forget that you're the one who started this, love," he said and walked passed me. "Hurry up before your boyfriend thinks there's something going on between us. Wouldn't want him to misunderstand, right?"

I felt a thump against my chest and watched him walk away. He's really upset...did I care though? Maybe...kind of...nah. 

I followed after them and we finally reached the store. I didn't speak to either of them, but I was with Junior again while Baekhyun was on the opposite side of the store. 

"The two of you took awhile back there," Junior said while grabbing some snacks. "Not that I want to know what you guys talked about, but something seemed to have happened."

He's quite smart for guy who doesn't even know I'm using him, but I wasn't going to tell him anything, so I stayed silent and took a glance over to Baekhyun, who was looking at the ice creams. 

He didn't look upset anymore; he seemed to have returned to his normal self while puffing his cheeks out. I've noticed that it's a habit of his to puff out his cheeks when he's deciding on what to get, especially when it comes to food.

He happened to look up and our eyes met for a brief moment when he turned away. I felt another hit against my chest and I frowned.

"Geez, you don't have to act like a child when you're upset," I whispered and followed Junior to another isle. He continued to pick out snacks and drinks until his basket was full, then we headed to the register. 

Baekhyun's POV~

I was waiting outside for the two while on a Popsicle. I glanced over my shoulder to look at them through the window and she looked normal; as if nothing had happened earlier between us. 

"Keep up with the act, Mina. Just know you're coming home with me when it's over," I scoffed a smirk and they made their way out of the store. I only had my eyes on Mina, who was constantly trying to avoid me by looking away. 

"Let's hurry back, they're all waiting," Junior smiled, innocently, and we walked back at a faster pace.

"So, Junior, how did you and Mina meet?" I asked, walking right in between the two. 

"Well, we just happened to bump into each other at the convenience store when hyung and I were buying snacks for the kids," he innocently answered with a smile. "To be honest, this is our fourth time meeting one another."

"Only your fourth time?" I questioned with an eyebrow raised and glanced over to Mina. "You guys seem close for meeting four times."

"Yah," I heard Mina mutter; her way of telling me to shut up. 

"I wouldn't say we're that close," Junior said. "But she's a friend, so it's only natural to be close and hope to become closer."

I can't believe Mina just got friend-zoned. 

"Friends? Oh, I thought you guys were more than that," I exaggerated the whole sentence while looking at Mina; she was glaring at me now. 

"Nah, we're just friends. Nothing more," he snickered and I couldn't help but lightly laugh. I would've laughed harder, but I wanted to save it so I could laugh at her when we're alone. 

"But Mina told me that you're her boy-"

"We should really hurry back!" she interrupted me and I gave her a smirk. "Less talking and more walking."

I scoffed at her cause she was in panic mode. She didn't think I'd bring it up, did she? Well, she can't fool me cause I'm Byun Baekhyun.  

We finally returned to the soccer team and they immediately started eating. We really kept them waiting for them to look like a pack of hungry wolves. 

I was standing off to the side looking at Mina being surrounded by a bunch of kids when Junior asked me to help him take down the goal posts. I agreed to help and we started taking it down. 

"I never really got to ask you, but how long have you and Mina known each other?" he asked from the other end. 

"Longer than you have," I said, but it was more of a mumble. 

"That's obvious," he chuckled. "You two seem close."

"Not as close as the two of you," I said and I could hear the jealousy in my tone. "Not that I care though."

He chuckled once again and I looked up at him to see him looking at me. 

"You know, it was quite obvious about what the two of you were doing," he said and I raised an eyebrow. "Using me, that is."

I slightly widened my eyes and made a soft "oh" sound. I wasn't necessarily using him though; not as much as Mina was. 

"It's not hard to tell how jealous and annoyed you were when she was with me the whole entire time," he grinned. "And I could tell she wanted your attention by the way she was looking at you for a reaction."

I snorted, "She wanted my attention? Ha! As if she'd want that."

"That's what you think," he said and set the net aside after rolling it up. We put all the pieces back into a huge box and carried it over to the storage room at the far end. 

I didn't realize how heavy the box of material was until we set it down and I felt lighter. I let out a sigh and looked at Junior. 

"If you knew then why didn't you say anything?" I asked and he shrugged. 

"I didn't want to embarrass her," he simply said and I felt a sense of guilt run through me cause I was the one who embarrassed her. "Besides, I didn't want to meddle in both your little game."

I pressed my lips tightly together then walked out of the storage room to look at Mina from across the field. 

"You know, she seems comfortable with you," I suddenly said and he glanced at me. "What's she like around you?"

"Vulnerable," he said and crossed his arms. "I mean, sure, she has a temper for the times we've met, but she's also vulnerable when she's alone. She's the type that would need to be constantly watched over cause when she's alone she'll get hurt."

I frowned slightly cause I knew he was right. Mina is fragile and it scares me sometimes cause I feel like I can't be the one who can be there for her. But most importantly, why am I having this kind of conversation with him? How does he know so much about her after meeting her for the fourth time? I wonder...

"Have you seen her smile or laugh yet?" I suddenly asked and he raised an eyebrow. 

"Excuse me?"

"Have you seen her smile or laugh?" I repeated and he shook his head. "Ah~ I see."

Yes! He hasn't seen that side of her yet! I should be the only man to see that side of her!

He laughed and I looked back at him flustered. 

"Gosh, you're so easy to read," he said and gave a smirky smile. "Men who are protective of their girl are just like you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked and crossed my arms. 

"It means you like her, a lot," he snickered. "Only you want to see sides of her others haven't seen; if not that, then you want her expressions all to yourself."

Wow, he's really smart for a guy who's not in love. I got chills. 

"Well, parents are coming now to pick up their kids and I gotta present myself to them, I'll see ya later," he said and jogged off to the group. I watched him leave then searched the crowd for one person. 

She's not hard to miss though, especially when she's in short shorts and a tank top with a sweater to cover her; the sweater that never seems to make it to the laundry basket. 

I walked over to her, dodging parents and kids running around the facility. She saw me coming towards her and she gave me a glare before walking off. I followed her out of the facility and to the parking lot.  

"You hate me more now, don't you?" I called out to her and she stopped. I walked past her and turned to stand directly in front of her. 

"Yes," she growled and I leaned over towards her, meeting her at eye level. 

"Once again, remember that you can never defeat the Byun Baekhyun," I grinned. "I will admit though, you did get me pretty angry for a few minutes, but I realized that one way or another you're coming home with me and you'll still be marrying me."

She didn't have a comeback cause she knew I was right. 

"Don't do that ever again or else I'll get really angry," I said and moved closer to her to the point where I could hear her pulse. "I'll make sure you regret it."

"You threatening me?" she asked with her hot breath against my cheek. 

"Just warning you," I smirked and pulled away. "Besides, find someone who's not as smart as him. He knew all along what you were doing. If I were you, I'd apologize for using him."

"Yah, I wasn't-"

"Deny it all you want love," I grinned. "Well, shall we go home?"

"Home my . As if I want to go with you tonight," she said and I have a shrug. 

"Whatever suits you," I said and walked passed her. 

"Are you really leaving me?" she asked and I glanced over my shoulders. 

"You said it yourself that you weren't going to come with me," I said and she made a face that she remembered what she had said seconds ago. "But you're more than welcomed to join me considering that you don't have anywhere else to go. Your mother has eyes all over the hotel now."

She let out a sigh and walked towards me. 

"God, you're so annoying," she said and walked past me to the car. I snickered and followed behind her. 

"Just so you know, if you're in need of a boyfriend. I'm always available," I teased once we got in the car and she punched me in the arm. "Damn, I was just joking!"

"Oh, did that hurt? It was only meant as a joke," she said and crossed her arms. "And just so you know, I'll hurt you everytime you joke with me like that. I'm always open to that option."

I knitted my brows and pouted a frown. This isn't over between us; our love-hate relationship.