Chapter Four

Teach Me What Love Is

Mina's POV~

I was not enjoying myself at all at this party. Being surrounded by such wealthy, fake people made me want to throw up but I endured it. I met one couple after another and none of them seemed fond of me, but that didn't bother. It only gives them a reason to never want to meet me again.

"My, you've grown to be such a lovely woman," a middle age woman said with a smile and I just stared at her until my mother secretly elbowed me. 

"Thank you," I flatly said and turned away as this woman gave the same reaction as the rest; it was an awkward situation for her. My mother tried to lighten up the mood and the two began to gossip. I could only roll my eyes and my eyes wandered around, looking at all the different guests.

Moments later, my mother and the woman finished their long chat and she wrapped her hand around my wrist, dragging me somewhere far away from the crowd. We ended up in the corner of the great hall where is was isolated.

"Did I not tell you to present yourself well for tonight?" she asked. She was really pissed off. "You're making me look bad!"

"Am I now? I didn't notice," I snorted and she glared at me. "My job here is done, right?"

I saw a muscle move at her jawline and she huffed out a sigh. She crossed her arms and just walked away without another word. It was her way of saying, "I'm done with you. Leave."

I stood there alone for a few seconds longer before I finally walked out of the great hall...finally leaving this hellhole. Once I was out of the great hall, I looked at area surrounding me and realized I didn't remember the way out. Everything looked so simliar to one another that I wasn't sure if left was the exit or if right was, but I didn't hesitate to randomly pick a side and just walked down the hallway. A lot of the paintings on the wall looked different from the ones I remembered seeing on my way to the great hall the further I walked down the hallway, so I decided to stop and retrace my steps back to where I originally started. Just as I turned a corner, I felt someone grab my hand and push me against the wall. A pair of large hands were planted on the wall behind me, blocking me from escaping. I looked at the person in front of me and I was not happy to see him. 

"You know, the exit is the other way," he said while leaning towards me with our noses almost touching. I frowned and tried to push him away from me, but that only made him come closer. 

"If you want, I can show you the way out," he snickered with his warm breath hitting against my cheek and one corner of his lips curling up.

"I can find the exit myself," I growled and he gave a deep, husky chuckle. "Why are you even here?"

"I can ask you the same thing," he said with his gaze never leaving mine. "I didn't think you'd be the type to come to such a formal party."

I furrowed my eyebrows and huffed out, "I didn't want to be here in the first place."

"Hmm, then we have something in common," he grinned and increased the distance between us, but his eyes still remained on me. "Wanna leave this place?"

I frowned up at him and scoffed, "Why would I leave with you?"

He gave me a mischievous grin and asked, "Why wouldn't you?"

I sweat, this man gets on my nerves. Always answers with more questions.

"Because it's you," I answered and walked away while I still could, but he didn't leave me alone. He followed after me and I glanced back at him; such a cocky smirk he has right now. So annoying.

I was still lost in thei building, but I tried not to make such a big deal about it. I mean, I didn't really have anywhere else to go so it's fine if I take all night to get out.

"Hey," he finally spoke after stalking me for ten minutes. I didn't bother to stop and he didn't either. "You do know that you're no where close to the exit."

"Then you can leave first," I muttered and he snickered. The longer I was followed, the more I was getting angry. Why the hell can't he just leave me alone?!

"You're getting annoyed, aren't you?" he asked from behind. Without having to look back, I knew he was giving me an amused smirk. 

I clenched my fists and abruptly turned around to glare at him.

"If you're aware of that then leave me alone," I snarled and he shook his head.

"I don't want to," he said and crossed his arms. I narrowed my eyes at him and crossed my arms too. "I won't leave unless you leave with me."

My pulse raced at his absurdity and I scoffed. He's got to be kidding me, right?

He approached me with slow, steady steps and stopped once he was close enough for me to smell his expensive cologne. My nose curled up at the scent and I stepped back a bit.

"I'm going to ask this one last time," he said with a low voice and leaned foward until his ear was next to my ear. "Wanna leave together?"

I clenched my jaw and pressed my lips firmly. It was tempting to leave this place, but I didn't want to leave with him.

"If you think about it, it's a win-win situation," he continued to speak into my ear sending chills down my spine. "You get to leave and I get to be with you. What do you say?"

After a moment, I shut my eyes tight and I knew I was going to regret this.

"Fine," I answered and a husky chuckled was ringing in my ear. He finally gave us space and beamed down at me.

"Great!" he smiled and started walking away. "By the way, the exit is just around the corner. You were so close, but that's too bad!"

I felt something snap within me and I was mentally digging his insides out. Oh how much I wanted to strangle this man! I hate him so much!

"Hurry up if you don't want to get lost again!" he called out over his shoulders as he was already at the end of the hallway. I groaned, annoyed, and stomped after him. I could hear him laughing under his breath; he was enjoying this way too much.

We finally got out of the building after almost an hour and it felt nice to be outside with fresh air. I closed my eyes and made sure to capture the moment of freedom until I realized, I shouldn't enjoy it too much because he never left my side. I looked at him and he was staring at me...just staring with a soft expression. I narrowed my eyes and gave him a "what" look. He gave a faint smile and gently said, "I like the different expressions you make."

I widened my eyes slightly and felt my chest burn. I didn't like his way of speaking...it annoys me.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I muttered and turned around to walk away, but that only made him come after me.

"Why are you always running away?" he asked from behind. I rolled my eyes...isn't it obvious? Or is he just dumb?

"Why are you always running after me?" I then asked and I heard a soft laugh. I didn't like how he easliy laughed at everything I said and so I looked over my shoulder at him. Again, he was giving me that same soft expression that burned my chest.

"If only I knew the answer myself," he answered and I stopped walking. My body was now fully standing in front of him and he tilted his head to the side. "Does that surprise you?"

I didn't reply and just stared at him. He didn't say anything either and just stared at me...I hated this silence...just say something.

"Thank you," he said out of nowhere and I blinked my eyes, flustered. "You kept your word by leaving that place with me, so thanks."

"What the hell?" I asked, confused about this situation. He softly snickered and lowered his gaze.

"When I said it'd be a win-win situation...I guess I was wrong," he quietly said, but loud enough for me to hear. "You were able to leave that place, but I never got to be with you for the night. That's too bad on my part, huh?"

I knitted my brows together and wondered just what he was talking about. He wasn't really making any sense. He looked up at me one last time and turned around, waving his hand.

"Have a good night, Mina," he said and I felt something hit my chest as he said my name so casually. "See ya."

I watched him walk further away from me and I couldn't pull my eyes away. Just who exactly are you...Baekhyun?

Baekhyun's POV~4 

I returned to the party and met up with my parents, who looked like they just found their lost child. 

"Where have you been?" my mother asked, extremely worried. "Your father even went to the restroom to find you, but you weren't there."

"I went out to get some fresh air after I finished my business," I half lied and my father gave me a firm look; he wasn't gonna believe that. 

"I understand Yoojung isn't to your liking, but that doesn't mean you make up an excuse and leave," my father said disappointed in me. I bowed in apology and he sighed. 

"Well, it's a good thing that she wasn't interested in you too," my father said and that brought relief to me. "We should be getting home though. It's getting late and Seolhyun's home alone."

My mother and I nodded and we started heading towards the exit when a woman stopped us. 

"Excuse me, are you Byun Minsoo?" she asked my father and he nodded. She beamed and bowed. "It's a pleasure meeting you. My name is Kim Hyejeong."

Kim Hyejeong...that name sounded familiar. My parents had to think too before it popped into their heads. 

"Ah~ the late Lee Yunwoo's wife!" my father stated and she nodded. That's when it hit me too...she must be the mother of Mina. I remember reading about Mr. Lee's death in the newspaper as a child and I remember seeing Mina in the photo. But I never saw Mrs. Kim in any of the photos, that's why I wasn't able to recognize her. 

"I didn't recognize you due to the name change since you remarried, my apologies," my father bowed with courtesy. 

"It's no problem," Ms. Kim smiled and greeted my mother and I, then the small talk began. Once again, I zoned out on their conversation as they were talking about their businesses. 

My father talked about spreading his work overseas and so did Ms. Kim, but she wouldn't be able to do so unless our businesses join together. And again, I didn't care to listen to this boring talk. As the minutes ticked, they moved on to talking about their family. My parents boasted about how Seolhyun and I were home-schooled and had private tutors. They talked about our personality and how close of a bond we had as a family. Many things came out of my parents mouth and Mrs. Kim just nodded and smiled at every word they said. 

She then talked about her family, only mentioning her current husband who had become one of the best doctors in South Korea. She talked about how great he was and his kindness; no child's name came out of . 

"Don't you have a daughter?" I spoke my thought out loud. They stopped talking and turned to look at me, then my mother innocently smiled. 

"That's right! You have a daughter!" she exclaimed and Mrs. Kim's lips curled up, almost as if she was forcing it. "Did she come by any chance?"

"Mina was here, but she's quite busy with her personal life and had to leave," Mrs. Kim said and my parents nodded in understandment. 

Busy my . Who knows what she's doing right now, but she's not doing anything productive. 

"That's too bad," my father then smiled softly. "We would have loved to meet her."

"Maybe another time," Mrs. Kim said and they continued to talk as I had the permission to go home first. 

When I got home, Seolhyun wasn't around. She must have been in her room studying and I headed to her room. Sure enough, she was sitting at her desk studying and blasting her music. I knocked on the door while leaning against its' frame and she turned her head to me. She smiled and I smiled in return. 

"How was the party?" she asked, turning back to her studies. I swear, she's too much like our father. 

"It's the usual, just plain boring," I answered and headed over to her bed, belly flopped down on it. 

"I thought so," she giggled and changed the music on her laptop. I rolled onto my back and stared at the ceiling. As I stared at the plain pastel pink ceiling, I thought about her. Like what her problem was...she's always angry when she sees me. It must be because I scratched her car. 

And she never smiles; what's up with that? She's always frowning or giving me an emotionless look, but there are times when she's surprised which is something I like seeing. She's so mysterious that I want to figure her out. 

"Just who exactly are you, Mina?" I whispered my thought out loud again. 

"Did you say something, oppa?" Seolhyun asked and I shook my head. 

"Its nothing," I answered and sat up, looking over to my sister. She was really into her studies, so I decided to leave her alone and take a shower in my private bathroom. 

I stripped off my clothes and walked into the shower, turning on the warm water. It felt nice to have a warm shower after a long day. 

Mina's POV~

I sat in the bathtub full of warm water. It felt nice to have a warm bath after such a long day. I pulled my knees up against my chest and hugged myself trying to feel my warmth, but I could only feel the warmth of the water. I closed my eyes for a bit when I heard a knock on the door to my hotel. I didn't want to leave the warmth, but this person wouldn't stop knocking, so I got out and wrapped myself in a robe before walking out to open the door. 

Once I opened the door, Joohyun was standing there, drunk. His eyes were half-lidded and he gave me a faint, crooked grin. I knew him well enough that he wasn't going to hurt me or take advantage of me; it was his way of saying, "Let me crash here for the night."

I stepped aside and let him in as he wobbled and fell towards me. I caught hold of him in my arms and had to drag him to the bed. He was a lot heavier than I had expected, but I managed to do it. I laid him on the bed and took off his shoes along with his sweater so that he wouldn't sweat as much. 

I wasn't going to sleep with him in the same bed and all the rooms on this floor was mine, so I left after I finished dressing up for the night. I went down to the furthest room, which would be the quietest place in this area when I met him. It so happened that the room was next to the stairs and he was just coming out from it. He gave me a broad smile before he walked past me and a soft breeze went by as his fresh scent filled that breeze. My eyes followed him on their own and I watched him as he stood in front of his door before he turned his head slightly at me. I immediately turned away and started to walk away when he called out to me. 

"Hey!" he said and I was now standing in front of the door of my room. "About the bill of your car repairment, send it to my office. The receptionist you scared earlier today will take it once you're ready to give it to me."

I didn't say anything and I glanced over to him. He was still looking at me and I turned away, entering my room without a word.