Chapter Fourteen

Teach Me What Love Is

3rd Person POV~

It was a Saturday and while Baekhyun was at work, Mina decided to go out and find something to do. She's been bored ever since she came home that night with Baekhyun, it's been 2 weeks, and so going out was her way of having fun; she hasn't been with her friends since then either. 

Mina was walking down the streets, window shopping when she bumped into a little boy. She looked down at him and apologized for bumping into him. In her eyes, he looked familiar, but in his...she looked way too familiar. 

"Oh~ it's noona!" he beamed and she cocked her head to the side. "I haven't seen you in the longest time!"

Mina didn't know who this kid was, but he looked really familiar. The boy noticed her confusion and he smiled. 

"You don't remember me, do you?" he asked and she nodded. "Remember when you were with Coach Park at our soccer game?"

"Ahh," she responded flatly. "You're the one who asked if I was his girlfriend."

"Yep!" he grinned, happy to know she remembered him. "The team wants to see you again, you know!"

"Really now?" she asked with her arms crossed and a raised eyebrow. "I'll visit again when you guys get better."

"But we have gotten better," he stated and smiled. "We're having training later. Come and watch us! We'll show you!"

She pursed her lips to think about it, but did she really have to think? She didn't have plans anyways and she was curious, so she agreed to drop by later. The corners of his lips reached his ears and he jumped up with a fist pump. 

"Awesome!" he shouted, like he just scored a goal.

"Moon Taewoo, let's get going!" the boy's father called out from a distance not too far from where they were. 

"Coming!" he shouted back and looked at Mina. "We'll be training at the 'X' training center for kids. I'll tell the team you're coming too. See you then, noona."

She waved "bye" and he ran up to his father. Taewoo's father looked down at him then to Mina. 

"Who's that?" he asked and Taewoo smiled. 

"A friend," he said as he looked back at Mina, then they walked off. 

Mina saw Taewoo mouth the word "friend", but she didn't think anything of it. She thought that she saw it wrong because no one would want to be her friend; only those who want her money. 

She stood there just thinking to herself about how she could even be friends with an elementary school kid when there was buzz in her pocket. She reached in and pulled out her phone to see Baekhyun calling. She let out a sigh and answered the call. 

"What?" she answered with a bit of attitude. He snickered on the other end; he always found it funny how easily annoyed she gets when getting his calls. 

"I was thinking we could go out and have lunch during my break," he replied as he was sitting at his desk, resting his chin ontop of it. 

"No, not interested," she quickly said and hung up. 

Baekhyun, on the other end, softly laughed and called her again. This is normal for the two of them. 

"Stop calling me," she groaned, annoyed. 

"You could've at least said bye," he teased with a grin. "And you could choose to ignore my calls; you used to be good at that when we first met."

Her pulse sped up at that fact and huffed out a sigh. 

"Do you really miss hearing my voice? Is that why you're picking up my calls more?" Baekhyun continued to tease. 

"Shut up! You're so annoying!" she shouted and hung up again. She was breathing heavily as she looked at her phone screen when a text was sent. 

"I heard cars passing by when we were talking. I'll come pick you up in 15 minutes, be home by then," she read and saw a little heart at the end of the sentence. She rolled her eyes and let out a long sigh before turning around, heading back home. 

She knew how persistent Baekhyun would be if she wasn't there before him. She didn't want to hear his nagging either, so she had to go back. 

Baekhyun was getting ready to leave too when his dad walked in his office; he greeted his father. 

"You going somewhere?" his father asked as Baekhyun nodded. "Do you mind dropping off these files to Mrs. Kim? I'd like her to join us in this project."

Baekhyun nodded and received the files from his father, then walked past him. 

"You're in a rush, aren't you," his father chuckled. "You usually give me longer answers."

Baekhyun smiled and looked back at his father. 

"I've finally got a date with Mina," he said and opened the door. "Not only that, but I want to see her as soon as possible."

"Oh, young love. Missing her already, I see," his father laughed a hearty laugh. Baekhyun blankly stared at his father, then softly smiled. 

"Yeah, I do," he honestly said and walked out of his office. "Love, huh? This can't possibly be love...just like."

Baekhyun smiled to himself and made his way down the hallway. 

It took him a little less than 15 minutes to get home and as expected, Mina was ready and impatiently waiting in the apartment. Seeing each other, both their hearts raced; it's not the first time though, but their hearts raced for different reasons. Baekhyun was happy to see her and Mina...well...who knows why her pulse was speeding up. Everyone knows how much she hates him. 

"Took you long enough," she muttered, getting up from the couch. "I don't have all day for this, so let's go."

Baekhyun snickered and grabbed her hand, then said, "You're in a rush to be with me, aren't you?"

She glared at him and pulled her hand away. "Dream on, idiot."

"There's no need for me to dream about it when it's the truth," he teased and she clenched her jaw. She really hates this guy. 

"Say something like that again and this lunch outing isn't going to happen," she said and he backed up in defeat, but he was still grinning. "Let's go already."

"Yes ma'am," he said and they both walked out of the apartment down to his car. 

Once they were seated in his car, he drove off to the restaurant he had made a reservation earlier. It was quiet in the car, but it wasn't uncomfortable for the two. Since their first encounter, they've been together for a few months now, so it's bound to happen that they're fine alone together. 

"Did you enjoy your little walk?" Baekhyun broke the silence. 

"No," she quickly replied. He scoffed into a smile and glanced at her to see that she was stating at all the buildings passing them. 

"Why? Was it because of me?" he asked. The answer was obvious to him. 

"Yes," she said. "Everytime I go out to enjoy the weather, you're always bothering me. You're either texting me or calling me; sometimes even following me like a creep."

He lightly laughed and he placed his right hand over her hands that rested on her lap. 

"Its cause I want to make sure you're safe out there when you're alone-"

"Its broad daylight and the streets are literally filled with people," she cut him off and pushed his hand away. She appeared irritated on the outside, but deep inside there was a warm feeling. She knew how much he worried about her when she's alone whether it be at home or on the streets. 

"How many times do I have to tell you I'm not a child," she muttered into a whisper and he reached for her hands again. 

"Yeah, you're not a child. You're a woman who's vulnerable at times," he softly said, gently squeezing her hands. "And I wouldn't know what to do when something happens to you...I don't want to lose you."

"What the hell are you talking about all of a sudden," she quietly said and felt the warm feeling deep within her embrace her body. This time, she didn't pull her hands away and let him hold them. 

Baekhyun took another glance at her and thought to himself, "Yeah, I definitely like her."

After a few minutes, they reached their destination and headed towards the restaurant. 

"Hey, after this, we're going to stop by your parent's place," Baekhyun said once they reached the doors and she stopped in her tracks, frozen. He was aware of Mina's relationship with them by nlw and grabbed her hand. "Don't worry, I'm only dropping off some paperwork. You can stay in the car and wait for me."

"I don't really want to go to the house even if I have to wait outside," she said and he let out a long sigh; not sure of what to say. 

"I'll see what I can do. In the mean time, let's enjoy our lunch together," he smiled, trying to bring back her mood up and they entered the restaurant. 

*****

Meanwhile, in the home of Mr. and Mrs. Kim's, they were seated at the huge dining table with one on either end of the table enjoying their lunch. Mrs. Kim was elegantly sipping her tea from a tiny tea cup while reading a fashion magazine; Mr. Kim silently ate his lunch. 

"Madame," a Butler came around the corner and bowed to Mrs. Kim. "You asked for me?"

"Yes, I did," she replied without looking up at him. "I want to know; how are things with Mina and Baekhyun?"

The Butler nodded and pulled out an envelope from under his blazer, walking over to hand it to her. Mr. Kim kept his eyes on the two. 

"It appears that the two are currently on a lunch date," the man said and she took the photos out of the envelope to look. There were a few photos of Baekhyun and Mina together in the car and some photos of them standing outside of the restaurant. 

Mrs. Kim smiled, satisfied to see what she was seeing. She set the photos down and looked at the butler. 

"She hasn't gone back to the hotel, has she?" she asked and he shook his head. "Good."

"There's some information I also have to share with you," he said. "Rumor says it that Mr. Byun wants you to partner with him on the project he and his son are working on."

She perked up and smiled even wider, then said, "That's even better. I'm closer to getting what I've always wanted."

Mr. Kim, hearing all of this, let out a loud sigh. He knew she was "evil" and he knew what her "plan" was, but she had too much power over him for him to even say a word. 

"Please continue to keep an eye on the two brats and the Byun's business," she said and he nodded. She dismissed him and he bowed before walking away. 

"How great is that, honey? I'll be partnering with Mr. Byun on his project," she giggled. Mr. Kim could only smile and congratulate her. "If only he knew what I plan to do from now on. He'll regret it for sure."

Mr. Kim was wary of what he wanted to say, but he had to get the words out. 

"Dear, why do you want his business anyways? What would you gain from all of this?" he asked and she smirked, irritated deep down. "You can't have everything, you know."

"Of course I can," she replied. "Should I remind you how I got you?"

He tensed up and felt a panic feeling run through his body. He shook his head and immediately apologized for being so harsh with his words. She snickered, pleased, and continued on with her lunch and magazine. 

Mr. Kim bit his bottom lip and cautiously asked, "But why must you bring Mina down? And Baekhyun? They've done nothing wrong, so why are you 'investigating' on them?"

Mrs. Kim clenched her jaw and looked up at her husband, glaring at him. She scoffed and said, "You know how much I despise that child-"

"You birthed her-"

"I hate her!" she shouted and slammed her magazine down on the table as silence filled the air. "That little piece of trash will only get in my way of getting power. She and that boy will! Sure, their lives will be great soon, but later I'll make their lives miserable once I have control over everything."

Mr. Kim was in disbelief and breathed in heavily. He shook his head and stood up. 

"Are you like this because the will was originally supposed to be passed down to her?" he quietly asked and she stood up abruptly making the chair fall back. 

"Don't act like you're a good person here! Must I remind you that you're the one who-"

*DING DONG* *DING DONG*

She was pissed to the max that her body trembled from the anger and her clenched fist were turning white, but she had to compose herself for this unexpected guest. 

"I'll make sure she lives a life with nothing," she said to him and walked out of the dining area towards the door as it kept ringing. 

She opened it and appeared Baekhyun with a sweet smile. Out of all times, he had to be the one to show up, but she was good at acting. 

"Baekhyun-ah~" she cooed and hugged him. "My, what a surprise."

"Hello, Mrs. Kim," he smiled and returned the hug. They pulled away from each other and Baekhyun pulled out some files. "I'm sorry to disturb you at this time without any notice."

She smiled and shook her head. "Don't worry about it. You're always welcomed to visit at any time."

He thanked her and she noticed the files in his hands. She smirked to herself and had excitement run through her blood. 

"May I ask what those are?" she asked, pointing to the files. He looked down and handed them over to her. 

"I've told my father about possibly having you work with us on our project since you're quite experienced in the trading field and he agreed to it. I'm sure you've already heard the news from your Secretary?" Baekhyun asked and Mrs. Kim nodded. He smiled and continued, "Those are some of the plans we have in mind and would like some feedback."

"I'm quite honored to be a part of this," she said with grace and he thanked her for joining them. "Since you're here, why don't you have something to drink? Or possibly have something to eat?"

Baekhyun shook his head and said, "Thank you, but I've already had lunch with Mina."

"Ah, Mina," she said, almost flatly. "Is she here by chance?"

He was hesitant to reply, but replied, "No. She was complaining about having a stomach ache, so I dropped her off home before coming over."

"Your home is the complete opposite direction of ours. She's always causing trouble, isn't she?" she asked and he snickered. 

"Rarely," he replied and looked at his watch. "Well, I should be going. I've got plans."

She nodded and they bid their farewells. She closed the door and looked at the files as if she just found a pot of gold. 

"Soon, I'll be able to have everything," she said and held the files closely. 

*****

Baekhyun got to the car and slipped into the driver's seat as Mina was staring at the house. She missed it, she really did, but she couldn't bring herself to go near it. She didn't want the memories to flood in again as they already were. 

Baekhyun watched her as she was showing her feelings. Actually, he's never seen this expression...he's never seen her this hurt before. Sure, he's seen her physically hurt when they're too rough with each other, but never emotionally. He wasn't sure what to do. The only thing he could think of was to grab her hand, interlocking their fingers. 

She was so deep in her thoughts that she wasn't aware of his affectionate action. 

"Hey," he softly said with a low voice that caught her attention. "Wanna go for a walk before we head home?"

She looked at him then felt something hold her hand and so she looked down to see his. She pulled away and looked out the window. 

"No. There's somewhere I want to go," she replied and he tilted his head, wondering where she wanted to go. 

*****

"Of all places, why here?" Baekhyun asked with a raised eyebrow. 

"Just because," she answered and Baekhyun was overwhelmed by all the children running around in the indoor soccer field. 

Mina started walking towards the empty seats she saw in the corner of the building with Baekhyun following behind. 

"You don't even like soccer and on top of that, kids," he stated and she glared at him over her shoulders. "So why are we here?"

"Go home if you don't want to be here," she said, ignoring his questions. Baekhyun shut his mouth because he didn't want to leave her and continued to follow when a group of kids ran up to them. 

"Noona~!" they all shouted and literally tackled Mina with hugs. Baekhyun widened his eyes at the sight; it was both shocking and interesting to him. 

Mina made a face and held her arms up as if they were a bunch of germs. 

"Get off me," she demanded and they pulled away with goofy grins on their faces. They were extremely happy to see her. "Geez, have some self control."

Baekhyun looked their faces and couldn't help, but lightly laugh. Their faces were glowing as they stared at Mina. They were so excited to see her that they were even talking over each other for her to listen to them. 

"Wow, who would have thought you'd be this popular," Baekhyun teased and Mina rolled her eyes at him. It's was getting a bit too loud when someone stepped in. 

"C'mon guys, let's give her some space," Jinyoung said, walking over to them. 

"Coach Park!" the little boys chorused and Baekhyun turned his attention to this unfamiliar stranger. Jinyoung approached them showing off his perfect eye smile. 

"Who's that?" Baekhyun asked no one in particular. 

"Mina's boyfriend!" a kid answered and Baekhyun felt something snap within him; the corners of his lip twitched into an awkward smile. 

"Boyfriend?" he questioned and looked at Mina, who was too busy being surrounded by the boys.

Jinyoung walked straight to Mina and started a conversation, "Glad to see you again. The team was impatiently waiting for you when Taewoo told us you were coming."

"I thought I'd stop by and see how they were doing. He claimed that they've gotten better," Mina said, trying to keep the boys away from her. Jinyoung chuckled and looked at them. 

"Well, they have, but still not enough to win a game," he softly smiled. "But they are improving, that's all that matters."

Baekhyun, on the other had, stared at them...almost glaring. Just then he and Mina met eyes. 

"What the hell?" he mouthed. Mina made the 'what the hell did I do?' face and Baekhyun pointed at Jinyoung, who was too busy tying a boy's shoes. 

Mina rolled her eyes and looked down at Jinyoung, then thought of something. She's always being teased, so why not for once? Why not make Baekhyun angry?

She looked back at Baekhyun and simply mouthed, "Boyfriend."