The Harsh Reality

3 Steps To Loving You (EXO FANFICTION)
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Erh ... Seyeon ? "

A voice came from behind her locker's door . Seyeon arranged her books in her locker before closing it , revealing a figure towering over her . She looked up and was greeted by a wide gummy grin and eyes curved like crescents - 'eye smile' . Seyeon had to admit ; This particular human before was drop-dead handsome . He had thick and defined eyebrows , a sharp nose and nicely-shaped eyes plastered on his flawless face . Seyeon couldn't really believe what she was seeing . Who in the world can be as good-looking as this giant standing right in front of her ? She had the urge to just take her cellphone out and snap a picture of him , or even borrow a pen and paper to get his signature .

When their eyes met , the wide gummy grin transited to a small, shy smile and the guy began to scratch his nape awkwardly. "Hi , I'm Kris . Year 3 . "

"H..hi . Are you ... by any chance looking for ... m...e ? " Seyeon stuttured . She wanted so much to slap herself at that moment . * Why the hell are you even stuttering ? Stupid Oh Seyeon . Idiotic Oh Seyeon . *

"Oh yes I was ... I was . I will just go straight to the point . Erm . " Kris paused as he cleared his throat . "Valentine's day is around the corner and I was wondering if ... you could be my date ? "

Seyeon felt her eyeballs bulging out at that instant . Date ? This male god-like-handsome-looking-giant creature was asking her out on a date ? Of course she couldn't deny the fact that Kris made the perfect candidate for a Valentine's day date , but seriously , they barely knew each other . No actually , Seyeon only knew of his existence a minute ago . One freaking minute ago .

Seyeon felt countless pairs of eyes on them and the moment Kris asked her out on a date , shrieks and mummers surfaced .As much as she wished she knew Kris way before then , she knew she had to reject him . It just feels like it's the right thing to do .

"Erm ... sorry Kris I ..."

"Haha , it's alright . " Kris laughed .

"Huh ? " Seyeon was confused . He didn't even seem a bit disappointed about her reply , and that honestly made her feel a little disappointed herself . Maybe it's because Kris more or less expected such an answer ?

"It's alright if you don't want to be my date , I can understand . I didn't have high hopes anyway , just giving it a shot . Got to admit though , I really wished you would accept my request. I have been noticing you for quite awhile now and I must say that no other girl caught my attention like you did . To me , you are really special Seyeon . It feels as if I can do anything to make you mine - to make Oh Seyeon Kris Wu's girl . "

The mummers started to increase in volume as more and more people started crowding around . Seyeon gulped . She had no idea why but she was feeling so nervous . Probably because it was the first time she received such a sincere and long confession from such a hunk , in front of so many people . She just stood rooted to the ground , not saying a single word .

Kris chuckled and ruffled Seyeon's hair . " Did anyone mention to you before that you're so darn cute ? Anyway , you are performing for the finals tonight, right ? All the best , I will be cheering for you . Hope you feel my love amongst the crowd , babe . " He gave a wink before walking away .

Just like that , Seyeon was left in a trance . Never once did someone's words and wink have such a huge effect on her .

"Hey , Seyeon . " Seyeon was woken up from her trance when Baekhyun waved his palm in front of her face .

Seyeon's eyes rounded in shock . *Oh did he hear everything ? * She laughed awkwardly as she looked at Baekhyun . "Oh ... hey hi Baek ! Since when were you standing there ? "

"Since the moment you lost yourself to a tall but nothing-compared-to-Baekhyun golden retriever . " Baekhyun commented sacarstically .

Seyeon laughed and poked Baekhyun's arm . "At least you know he's taller than you .And what, golden retriever? "

"He has golden hair , can't you see ."

Seyeon sighed and shook her head . Baekhyun was being lame again . She walked away towards the classroom as Baekhyun tagged along behind .

"Aren't you nervous ? The final's just about 3 hours away you know . " Baekhyun reminded .

Seyeon rolled her eyes . "And are you trying to make me more nervous by counting down ? "

Baekhyun smirked . " So you are , right ? "

"No . Kris said he's going to cheer for me later so , nope , not nervous at all . His presence will give me all the motivation I need on stage . " Seyeon replied . She was pretty sure Baekhyun would react to her statement , which she was instantly proved to be right the next moment .

"Hey why are you talking about that person again ? What ? Motivation ? To what ? Jump off stage ?" Baekhyun was getting really annoyed . He hated how he would always get jealous over little things like this but he can't seem to help it either . Just the thought of losing Seyeon to someone else scares him . Although Seyeon doesn't feel the same way towards him at that point of time , he didn't want Seyeon to fall for anyone else either . As selfish as it might sound , Baekhyun would only allow Seyeon to fall for him - nobody else , not even that overgrown golden retriever .

"But," Seyeon continued . "Having Baekhyun around gives me the courage to go up there , and give my best . Don't you think so ? "

At that , Baekhyun could not help but give a smile . He tried to hide it by biting his lips but , gosh , his facial muscles seems to be stronger than his willpower . "Well , you said it yourself . I didn't say anything ."

Seyeon laughed softly and flicked Baekhyun's forehead . "Yeah yeah I said it okay . I gotta go for practice with Minji already . Bye ! "

"Ouch ! Hey ! What was that for ! " Baekhyun grumbled as Seyeon skipped away .

---------------------------------

*Coughs* * Coughs *

The trainees , who were all practicing diligently in the room , turned towards the door as Eunsang stepped in .

"The results of the evaluation are already up on the notice board. Do check it up and take the necessary measures . Same rule applies to the last 2 names on the list . The rest of you , I hope you continue working hard . Now get back to what you are doing . "

The practice room instantly became chaotic after Eunsang left , as everybody rushed out like a swarm of bees towards the notice board .

"Omg I'm within the top 10 ! "

"Are you an idiot there are only 12 trainees . "

As everybody was busy discussing and having mini celebrations over their wonderful results , there was one paticular person who could not smile .

"Hey you can't go in-"

Sehun looked up from his workdesk as his office door flung open .

"Lee JongSuk ! Get out this instant before I inform the security ! " Eunsang warned .

Jongsuk walked up to Sehun's table . "President , please listen to me . You can't take me out of the company you can't ! I need to stay ! I need to debut ! " His eyes were turning red as he pleaded , slamming his palms on the workdesk.

"I'm sorry . I can't keep you here , considering the fact that you are not meeting our standards recently . Keeping you here will only be unfair to the other trainees . "Sehun tried to explain calmly , standing up from his chair .

"No ... No I will work harder to meet your standards . Please give me one more chance ! I have to let my Mother see me on television as soon as possible ! Mr Oh please there's not much time left ! "

"I don't care whatever personal reasons you have . This is the company . Please learn to draw a line between work and private matters . "

"But-"

" Call the security . " Sehun ordered .

"They are already on their way up ." Eunsang replied .

About a minute later , two guards entered and pulled JongSuk away . He was moving and kicking about agressively to get out of their grip ,but to no avail .

"LET ME GO ! I SAID LET ME GO ! Mr Oh please ! Please listen to me - " Jongsuk hollered as he was dragged out of the office .

Sehun plopped down on his chair and held his head with both hands . He hated how emotional trainees get everytime the evaluation results are released . As much as he would like to keep them and train them to be outstanding K-pop stars in the future , rules are rules and he had no choice but to oblige to them .

"Are you ... okay ? " Eunsang asked , concerned .

Sehun nodded his head weakly and smiled . "Yeah , I'm fine . You may get back to work now . "

Eunsang knew that at times like this , Sehun prefered to be left alone . Hence , she gave a slight bow before leaving the office , closing the door lightly behind her .

--------------------------------

Seyeon rubbed her sweaty palms on her thighs and hopped around uneasily . Words can't even describe how nervous she was feeling then . Her stomach was churning continuously and a whole lot of 'what-if's were running through her mind like crazy . What if I go off-key ? What if some technical glitches just occur suddenly ? What if the audience laugh at me ? How am I supposed to pull it off ? She felt like running away right at that instant but she was glad that Baekhyun was there to hold her back .

"For goodness sake can you stop moving around like that you are making me dizzy ! " Minji complained .

Seyeon, however , continued hopping around . She was too nervous to even care about her partner at the moment . She felt like she was about to go crazy any time soon .

"Calm down ! Scaring yourself isn't gonna do much help . It's just going to make it worst . " Baekhyun lamented. To be very honest , it was somewhat entertaining for Baekhyun to see Seyeon hopping and jumping around nervously like a kid . However, he felt like he had to calm the lady down since she looked like she was entering a state of serious anxiety.

Seyeon stopped hopping and narrowed her eyes at Baekhyun , who was leaning against the wall casually . " Easy for you to say. You can say that because your turn is over you stupid puppy . "

Please log in to read the full chapter