32 - Time or Money?

3 Steps To Loving You (EXO FANFICTION)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Atter a sweet half an hour on the rooftop, the couple slowly made their way back down to the classrooms. When they reached Baekhyun's classroom, both of them stopped as Seyeon turned to look at Baekhyun.

"Go in now! I will get going for now." However, before she could way away, Baekhyun grabbed her arm and spun her back around.

Without saying anything, Baekhyun just gazed meaningfully at her, the corner of his lips tugged upwards to form a smile.

"W-what?" Seyeon asked skeptically.

"Nothing...Just felt like looking at you for a while more. I don't think I can wait till the next time we meet again."

Seyeon eyed Baekhyun unbelievingly and chuckled. "We will see each other tomorrow, what are you going on about?"

"Why tomorrow? Can't we see each other after school?"

"Oh! I almost forgot to tell you, I have something on later after school, so I don't think I can walk you home today. You should be okay on your own right? Just for today." Seyeon informed, looking down at Baekhyun's injured leg.

Raising an eyebrow, Baekhyun looked at Seyeon questioningly. "Something on? Alone?"

Seyeon shook her head. "Nope, with someone else."

"Who? Male? Female?"

Just as Seyeon was about to answer, she bit back a smile as she made a mischievous decision in her mind.

"Mm... A guy."

At that, Baekhyun narrowed his eyes on her. "Guy?! Who! Do I know him?"

Seyeon placed her index finger on her chin and gazed upwards meaningfully,acting like she's deep in thought. "Hmm... I think you know him? He's someone really close to me and—"

"Close to you?!" Baekhyun almost shouted, earning some questioning looks from the students walking along the hallway. Seyeon slapped a palm over his mouth in panic and threw a look at him, signalling for him to keep his volume down.

"Do you have to be so loud?"

Baekhyun pushed her hand away and glared at her. "So you have a guy you are close to all along and I never knew? I seriously thought I was the only one. Oh Seyeon, you are really..." Not being able to finish his sentence due to disappointment and anger welling up in him, Baekhyun looked away furiously.

Just then, Seyeon leaned closer towards him and gave him a surprise peck on his cheek.

Shocked, Baekhyun turned his head back to Seyeon with rounded eyes. Surprisingly, all the anger he was feeling just a second ago disappeared into thin air. He cleared his throat, trying to bite back a grin. Ah Oh Seyeon, how could you do this to me?

"Pabo. I'm going out with my brother later."

"Bro—" Baekhyun stared at Seyeon , his cheeks turning into a light shade of pink. "Brother?"

Seyeon nodded her head and smiled teasingly, cocking her head to one side. "Were you...jealous?"

Baekhyun cleared his throat intentionally and avoided eye contact in embarrassment. "W-what jealous. No I wasn't! I knew it was your b-brother anyway."

"Oh really?"

"Really!" Baekhyun defended, earning a hearty laugh from Seyeon.

"Well... if you say so." Seyeon replied, trying to hold back her laughter.

"Don't joke around like that, it's not—" However, Baekhyun stopped suddenly as his eyes slowly widened in shock.

"W-what? Why did you stop suddenly?" Seyeon questioned as she looked back at Baekhyun who was looking at her as if he had seen a ghost.

"B-b-blood..."

"Blood?"

Suddenly, Baekhyun moved forward and cupped Seyeon's face with both his hands, causing her to jump in surprise. "You're nose bleeding!" He exclaimed, eyeing her worriedly.

"Huh?"

Instinctively, Seyeon's hand flew to her philtrum as she gently dabbed it, only to see her fingers turning bloody.

"Wait here, I will just go to the washroom real quick." Seyeon said before taking off while pinching onto her nose, not giving Baekhyun a chance to respond.

--------------------

After pacing worriedly for a few minutes outside the female toilet with a few female students throwing him wary looks from time to time, Seyeon exited the washroom and halted in her steps, obviously surprised to see Baekhyun there.

"W-what are you doing here? I thought I told you to wait for me in the classroom?" Seyeon asked, dabbing the water droplets away from her chin using the back of her hand.

Baekhyun looked at her with an undefinable expression, like that of concern mixed with annoyance. "And you actually think I would do that? When you suddenly nosebleed out of nowhere? Are you okay, really? Is it perhaps... a sign?"

"Pabo," Seyeon chuckled, clinging onto Baekhyun's arm. "it's nothing big, really. It's just a side effect... I'm pretty sure."

"Side effect?"

Seyeon nodded her head. "Mm, from chemo. The doctor told me it might happen and if it did..." Seyeon drifted off, her gaze shifting downwards.

Baekhyun turned towards her in panic and held onto her shoulders. "And if it did?"

At that, Seyeon looked up slowly as her frown slowly transited into a smile. "It's normal."

"What?"

"Even if it happens, it's normal and nothing to worry about, aigoo."

"Aye..." Baekhyun let go of her shoulders and frowned. "Stop scaring me like this, I could die from getting a heart attack."

"Aye..." Seyeon folded her arms and frowned, copying him. "Stop scaring yourself like that, I would most probably die before you do."

"Hey!" Baekhyun hollered at her. "Don't say things like that!"

Laughing, Seyeon clung onto Baekhyun once again and dragged him to class. "Alright, alright. Let's just go to class."

--------------------

After about ten minutes of goodbye hugs and kisses just for her overly attached boyfriend who whined and refused to let her go, Seyeon finally made her way to the school carpark.

There he was again, looking oh-so-fine while leaning on his white Porsche.

Slowly and sneakily, Seyeon crept up behind him, attempting to give him a scare. However, just as she was about to give him a huge slap on his shoulder, he spoke.

"Don't try, I know you are there."

Seyeon dropped her hands in disappointment and walked towards her brother. "Aye... you are no fun at all."

Grinning, Sehun turned to her and ruffled her hair. "Better luck next time, maybe. Let's go!"

After ushering her into the car and closing the door, he entered the driver seat and started the car.

"So, where are we going?" Seyeon asked, curious, eyeing the unfamiliar route in front of them.

"Mmm...Let's eat first before we go to the mall, that's okay with you right?"

"Well, I'm fine with anything... but why are we going to the mall?" Seyeon questioned.

Sehun smirked and wriggled his eyebrows teasingly at Seyeon. "You will know soon."

------------------

"Here we are." Sehun commented, stopping the car.

However, the moment Seyeon unbuckled her seatbelt and stepped out of the car, she stood frozen on her spot as her eyes scanned the area in front of her.

"A-are we eating here?"

"Yes! The rice cakes here are really good! Let's go in, it's cold." Sehun said as he pushed his sister inside, not giving her an opportunity to retaliate.

Please log in to read the full chapter