There's always a way

3 Steps To Loving You (EXO FANFICTION)
Please log in to read the full chapter

SEYEON'S POV

Just like any other day , I was sitting on the bench facing the field , waiting for Baekhyun's class to end so that we can grab our food together .

"Guess who ... " SOMEONE said as his hands cupped over my eyes .

"Byunbaek , when will you stop acting like a child ? " I stiffled a laugh as I removed his hands from my eyes .

Seriously , I can't understand why Baekhyun acts this way even at the age of 18 , but I guess that's what make him him . I can't imagine Baekhyun being all mature and manly ... gosh . That cute face of his won't suit such a personality .

As usual , we would walk together side-by-side towards the canteen . AND AS USUAL , there would always be murmurings of some sort that up till now , I still cannot really make out . Maybe something like : " Oh please , that is not even half as good-looking as Baekhyun " or maybe : " Are you sure they are really friends ? " Maybe ? I don't know . I wonder if Baekhyun hears such things too , since he always keeps that smile on him . Maybe they are jealous ? Most probably jealous about the fact that Baekhyun doesn't even spare them a glance . Yes that should be it .

" Hey ugly duckling , hanging out with the swan again today ? " Minji asked , smirking .

Oh my god not this woman again . Doesn't she get tired of annoying me every single day ? Is she that free to do such meaningless stuff ?

"Oh just shut up . " I retorted , rolling my eyes . I wonder where I got that courage from suddenly . Maybe i'm in a foul mood today .

The next thing I knew , my plate of food fell right to the floor . Oh god , not this again .

" How dare you try to shut me up . Know your place Oh Seyeon . Just because you have Byun Baekhyun doesn't give you the right to talk back to me like this . Don't forget the fact that you are just a pathetic orphan trying to gain attention , . " Minji scolded , stepping on the food spilled onto the floor .

That's it . That is the sentence I dreaded the most . Orphan . That's what i am . That's the only thing I am . As much as I want to argue back , no words seem to be coming out . I can only see my vision getting blurry as tears welled up in my eyes .

" So ... Now what ? Nothing else to say ? Why don't you try shutting me up again ? Come on . " Minji laughed as the whole room of students joined her .

"LEAVE . HER . ALONE . " A familiar voice echoed through the canteen .

Everyone turned their attention to Baekhyun who stormed in angrily , directly towards Minji .

" Lee Minji . When will you ever stop being such a witch ? Me leaving her alone doesn't give you the right to bully her in any way . " Baekhyun told her firmly .

"And all of you . Lay a finger on her and I , Byun Baekhyun , will make your life living as hell . Mark my words. "

Having finished his threatening speech , he took my hand and dragged me out of the canteen , out of this whole situation , out of this whole mess .

Please log in to read the full chapter